Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Return of the Berzerkshires

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/29/tinsley-mortimer-finds-love-with-bargain-hunter/

Her brows aren't so bad in a pic today from Page Six.

Only part her brows are real... most of it is pencilled in. I don't think it's the botox. Unless she had botox injected into her hand and she can't hold the brow pencil.

Tinsley hair & dress style has not changed since her old reality show. Her old reality show was on 7 years ago when she was 34. I too think she'd look better with a more updated look - and better quality hair extensions. I wonder if Tinsley is afraid to change her hair to a short bob because she's had extensions for such a long period of time and any real hair she has left is stringy and too damaged

Jeez, her hair really looks yellow in that photo. YIKES!!!

On a side note...I've never heard of CouponCabin. WTH is that?

• Love 1
On 5/28/2017 at 2:09 PM, BBHN said:

She might have tried being a part of the family. Or not. Who knows. And it didn't work out. For whatever reason.

I don't think Bethenny has a clue how to be a part of a family due to her background. I'm sure she "tried it on" but it just didn't fit. 

• Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Having Jason as a husband definitely didn't make it easy for her.

All the amens!! That man always seemed a little shady and off to me...something about him just didn't seem 'right.' Maybe it was the over attachment to his parents, maybe it was his passive-aggressive little jabs at Bethenny, maybe it was the fact that he was still single and unmarried by that age((sorry to sound sexist, but usually there's good reason for a man being single for that long versus a woman)), or maybe it was just the fact that he was so willing to aggressively jump upon Bethenny's gravy train((because let's face it: she's obviously a bit of a romantic challenge as well))....I just never bought into his whole nice guy schtick and thought he was way too easy to snap on Bethenny when things weren't going his way. Even Bethenny tried to say on camera that nobody ever saw his bad side and that she was usually left looking like the bad guy.

As for his parents, I always thought they were wayyyy too clingy and expected wayyyy too much of Bethenny. They sure didn't come off like a genuinely supportive family but a suffocating and clueless unit that didn't even consider anyone's comfort but their own. Yes it's sad that they had once lost a child and were thus hoping to enjoy plenty of grandparent time, but they way overstepped their boundaries and Jason didn't seem to find anything remotely weird about that.

Go figure that he turned out to be a mentally unstable nightmare of an ex. I'm not a huge Beth fan or anything, but even I side with her over him and his weirdly entitled behavior. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

All the amens!! That man always seemed a little shady and off to me...something about him just didn't seem 'right.' Maybe it was the over attachment to his parents, maybe it was his passive-aggressive little jabs at Bethenny, maybe it was the fact that he was still single and unmarried by that age((sorry to sound sexist, but usually there's good reason for a man being single for that long versus a woman)), or maybe it was just the fact that he was so willing to aggressively jump upon Bethenny's gravy train((because let's face it: she's obviously a bit of a romantic challenge as well))....I just never bought into his whole nice guy schtick and thought he was way too easy to snap on Bethenny when things weren't going his way. Even Bethenny tried to say on camera that nobody ever saw his bad side and that she was usually edited to look like the bad guy.

As for his parents, I always thought they were wayyyy too clingy and expected wayyyy too much of Bethenny and Brynn. They sure didn't come off like a genuinely supportive family but a suffocating and clueless unit that didn't even consider anyone's comfort but their own. Yes it's sad that they had once lost a child and were thus hoping to enjoy plenty of grandparent time, but they way overstepped their boundaries and Jason didn't seem to find anything remotely weird about that.

Go figure that he turned out to be a mentally unstable nightmare of an ex. I'm not a huge Beth fan or anything, but even I side with her over him and his weirdly entitled behavior. 

Bravo!

I didn't like Jason either and more so when they separated and the things that came out in court. The pre-nup that was set in place - he wanted more as though he wrote all of her SkinnyGirl Books or created her SKG brand. I'll never forget him wanting her to pay his dry cleaning bills $2000 a month as well as tons of vacation money because it was the lifestyle he had become accustomed to.

Then he and his grifter mother schemed together to get Bethenny out of the apt she bought by illegally notarizing a trust they themselves created. Knowing they did wrong and him staying in that apt for years. It was never about Brynn, it was about himself.

Hope they nail him in court - what a Douchebag

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bravo!

I didn't like Jason either and more so when they separated and the things that came out in court. The pre-nup that was set in place - he wanted more as though he wrote all of her SkinnyGirl Books or created her SKG brand. I'll never forget him wanting her to pay his dry cleaning bills $2000 a month as well as tons of vacation money because it was the lifestyle he had become accustomed to.

Then he and his grifter mother schemed together to get Bethenny out of the apt she bought by illegally notarizing a trust they themselves created. Knowing they did wrong and him staying in that apt for years. It was never about Brynn, it was about himself.

Hope they nail him in court - what a Douchebag

Wait. What? They illegally notarized papers? WTF!!!!  This was in the court papers?

• Love 3
(edited)

Fixed that for you.

Jason is transitioning to womanhood now?

his dry cleaning bills $2000 a month

Sonja's like pffft, I save that much a month by using a bidet.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Jason is transitioning to womanhood now?

Sonja's like pffft, I save that much a month by using a bidet.

Sonja_Morgan_bidet.jpg

oh Sonja! Just like the reason she uses a toaster oven is because things are tastier...nah! She hasn't paid the gas bill for ages therefore no fire.

In this episode Dorinda said I'm not the Village Idiot. Give me all the information about Luann and I'll be the Town Crier

• Love 4
(edited)

tumblr_oqhmd6yE9n1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

In prior scenes, Sonja said she's not drinking.

The only time I remember her drinking was when Tinsley was fixing drinks in her kitchen, Sonja takes a sip and says you put liquor in it.

So does anyone think that's grape juice in her glass?

PS: @Sun-Bun - Tinsley's brows aren't so bad here.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

tumblr_oqhmd6yE9n1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

In prior scenes, Sonja said she's not drinking.

The only time I remember her drinking was when Tinsley was fixing drinks in her kitchen, Sonja takes a sip and says you put liquor in it.

So does anyone think that's grape juice in her glass?

PS: @Sun-Bun - Tinsley's brows aren't so bad here.

Tinsley's eyebrows are over plucked. Once that happens it's hard to get them back to their original full state. Last year a co-worker suffering from the same issue decided to "fix" them so she stopped plucking. It's taken her a little more than a year and some time looking like she's been living in a cave but her eyebrows are now full and she's started the process of shaping them. Not sure old Tins has that kind of time but she should try laying off the tweezers.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The whole she and the Count have a fabulous relationship as only been said by her. She has said whenever he is in NY, he stays at the Hamptons home, I think that is because it was either the property was still in his name or possibly in Noel's. Plus he goes to see his children.

There hav3 been several pictures of them hanging out not in the Hamptons and not with the children and a few with Tom. Heck she cheated on Jacques repeatedly and he still shows up at her parties on the terrace.

• Love 3

Luann is a cool chick. That is why she can have a good relationship with the ex-husbands and former lovers. She is not all "uncool" like some people who have to sue their exes and can't be in the same room as them because of a restraining order.

Be cool....don't be all.....uncool.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/28/2017 at 1:11 AM, breezy424 said:

My question is...didn't we see on the last episode that Beth bought another apartment that she's renovating?  I wonder what her plans would have been if the apartment she has been living in with Bryn was sold, where would they have been living until the new place was renovated?  'Homeless' in a hotel?  I get that sometimes people have to move due to all sorts of things out of their control but this child just keeps on getting shuffled by her mother.  'Home' is important, especially for a child. 

At least going to grandma and grandpa's house is a constant and a base.  Now, I'm sure some are going to comment about Jason's parents.  IMO, I think Jason's parents provide an environment of consistency and normalcy.  It's a good thing.  Yep, I know some will disagree.  

Yes, they do!!  It's hugely important for kids!!  I had my maternal grandma, thank God.  My paternal grandma was alive but we weren't close due to issues with other family members (not her) who were addicted to alcohol and my mom didn't want my sister and I to be around it.  (It didn't work as my sister became an alcoholic and was in real recovery but not now so much....  For those who watch RHoBH, I've written some about being the Kyle to my sister, the Kim.)   

I don't believe anyone has ever had an issue with the grandparents just with Jason.   

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 4
On 5/28/2017 at 1:56 PM, Trooper York said:

I remember it that way too. Most grandparents want to see their grand children as much as possible. I used to walk down the street to see my grandma every day. I wish she were still alive so I could go visit her today and she could make me meatballs and macaroni. 

Of course Bethenny would never compromise. She would never adapt. She would never have compassion for Jason's parents who lost a child and admittedly were overcompensating with Brynn. She could have gently changed the dynamic. Bethenny is first and foremost all about Bethenny. Of course she doesn't ever want to visit with her own mother. Her only relationships are with the penis of the month and people she pays to be her friend.

But you know what? What goes around comes around. When her daughter gets older she will compare what happens when she is with her Dad and his parents in the heartland and what she has  with her tuning fork of a neurotic mess of a mother who is looking for the next apartment to move to and she will follow in her mothers footsteps and avoid her at all costs. You reap what you sow.

I don't think Bethenny had the capacity to think or feel that way given her upbringing.  I think with a very highly-skilled counselor and a lot of hard work on her part she could get there but getting pregnant and having a shot gun wedding didn't give her opportunity back then.     

• Love 2
On 5/26/2017 at 10:59 AM, ryebread said:

The problem with high gloss paint is, unless your walls are perfectly smooth, every ripple shows.  And Dorinda's are showin'.  In addition, if she ever wants to re-paint (and she needs to) it costs a small fortune because the walls have to be sanded lightly in order for the new paint to adhere AND if it's glossy and a dark color, good luck covering it without primer, primer, primer and even more paint. I know because husband's first house had a glossy forest green dining room.  Thank god it was about 10x10.  But Dorinda's got the bucks to make the change if she desires.  But I think the shabby chic/eclectic look is what she's going for so there's that. 

Ah but Dorinda's walls are lacquered. It's a more expensive, labor intensive process than just using high gloss paint and it's probably even more difficult to paint over. I actually like the look of her walls and that she's not afraid of color. Not that crazy about some of her knickknacks, like those green guys above the fire place, but at least her place looks comfortable. https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/4438234/list/lacquered-walls-rise-and-shine

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I don't think Bethenny had the capacity to think or feel that way given her upbringing.  I think with a very highly-skilled counselor and a lot of hard work on her part she could get there but getting pregnant and having a shot gun wedding didn't give her opportunity back then.     

She has had the chance to get real, in depth help since having Bryn and hasn't. She likes who she is and doesn't feel the need for change, everyone else has to change to fit into her world.

• Love 5

Not so sure Jason parents are all that wonderful. I mean, come on! Gramps and Jason are walking around in underpants and just a tee shirt during Bethenney's photo shoot and Grandma illegally notarized documents in Jason's favor? That's some shady shit! They sound just as crazy and mean as their son!

• Love 13
On 5/28/2017 at 3:09 PM, Trooper York said:

Emotional blackmail is the only mail Bethenny will be getting from her kid when she grows up because she is going to treat Bethenny the way Bethenny treats her own mom. KIds learn how to treat their parents from how they see those parents treat their parents if you know what I mean. Bethenny is setting the example and she should hope and pray that her kid doesn't treat her the same way. 

It would be very Poetic Justice.

Teenagers.  Be afraid. Be very afraid, Bethenny. I have a 15 year old now and yeah, the shit's gonna hit the fan when the kid gets older, there's no getting around it.  The smart thing for Beth to do at this point is let Brin have as much contact and love from her Dad and Grandparents as Bethenny can stand.  In the long run, it will work out best for everyone.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

Teenagers.  Be afraid. Be very afraid, Bethenny. I have a 15 year old now and yeah, the shit's gonna hit the fan when the kid gets older, there's no getting around it.  The smart thing for Beth to do at this point is let Brin have as much contact and love from her Dad and Grandparents as Bethenny can stand.  In the long run, it will work out best for everyone.

Exactly right. The more you try to influence your child into hating your ex the more the kid is going to resist. Especially as you say when they become teenagers and want to rebel. Bethenny is an epic control freak and you can bet that the teenage rebellion is going to be epic.

The kid is going to compare the venom that Bethenny spews to her own experience. You don't win when you constantly denigrate the other side. The only way to win is to be a better more generous kinder person. If you do that then everything will be all right.

If you are a bitter self righteous shrew with no friends other than the one you pay you will end up a lonely sad loser with a bunch of cats. You know. Like Carole.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Exactly right. The more you try to influence your child into hating your ex the more the kid is going to resist. Especially as you say when they become teenagers and want to rebel. Bethenny is an epic control freak and you can bet that the teenage rebellion is going to be epic.

The kid is going to compare the venom that Bethenny spews to her own experience. You don't win when you constantly denigrate the other side. The only way to win is to be a better more generous kinder person. If you do that then everything will be all right.

If you are a bitter self righteous shrew with no friends other than the one you pay you will end up a lonely sad loser with a bunch of cats. You know. Like Carole.

I agree! Jason is already doing just that. WTF is wrong with him? Going to his daughters school? Something is really wrong with that guy. Almost scary wrong. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Trooper York said:

We can only hope the child is saved from Bethenny's bitterness! I've always given Jason and his parents the benefit of the doubt when she goes on about "the drama!" Carole's an enabler always siding with her bestie! As far as I'm concerned, "the drama" could have been over years ago but for Bethenny wanting to stick it to her "EX!" She just had to get that apartment back and you see what happens; sold before the milk spoiled in the frig! Someone more stable would have come up with an amical settlement and the whole world wouldn't have an opinion on how it all went down! ;-)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

There hav3 been several pictures of them hanging out not in the Hamptons and not with the children and a few with Tom. Heck she cheated on Jacques repeatedly and he still shows up at her parties on the terrace.

I have only seen one picture of the Count and Jacques, at Luann's birthday party and that one picture was after Luann and Jacques broke up.

This photoshopped pic of the Count's face doesn't count.

404512_re_luann-de-lesseps-ex-husband-wa

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I agree! Jason is already doing just that. WTF is wrong with him? Going to his daughters school? Something is really wrong with that guy. Almost scary wrong. 

But he eats crackers so beautifully. 

• Love 4
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I have only seen one picture of the Count and Jacques, at Luann's birthday party and that one picture was after Luann and Jacques broke up.

This photoshopped pic of the Count's face doesn't count.

404512_re_luann-de-lesseps-ex-husband-wa

Her IG has had several.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

What makes anyone believe that Jason and his family aren't badmouthing Beth in front of Brynn?  All those years of legal battle and him having her half the time, and folks don't think that Brynn ever heard anyone from the Hoppy camp saying things about Beth? I hardly think this is likely. And is he is so concerned, he really should try to not get himself arrested.  

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Her IG has had several.

I follow Luanne on Instagram and have never seen any.

I did a quick scroll through all the pics and found 10 of Luann and Jacques sometimes with other people but no Count. I know I saw one of the 3 of them at Luann's Bday party from several years ago.

Maybe the Count made her take them all down

I also saw about 5 pics of Luann with backstabbing friend Barbara K - this pic should have been a sign for Luann

13397626_1701773486762508_459692708_n.jp

• Love 4

All I know is I don't hear him in the media. I don't hear the "anonymous source" trashing Bethenny which would be real easy for him to do since the tabloids would love it. I do see her getting her flying Monkey Carole to throw out a skewed interpretation on National Television.

This is all subject to litigation and the courts. I don't believe for one minute Bethenny's version of the facts. Lets see what the courts decide. You don't know what went on any more than I do. We only know Bethenny's version that she is spewing in an underhanded way in violation of the court order. Lets see what happens. 

In any event this is the wrong thread for this.

This should be about how Dorinda left her Cake and Carole out in the rain. Both of them sort of look like they were melting.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Throwback Monday

My favorite scene of all time on NY - the Camel Ride.

I wish I had a GIF

12677198_1574958682815532_1334234961_n.j

Look at Jill's mug. LOL

Isn't she supposed to appear in a scene soon?

Nobody, including a camel, likes an asshole on their back.

22 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

All I know is I don't hear him in the media. I don't hear the "anonymous source" trashing Bethenny which would be real easy for him to do since the tabloids would love it. I do see her getting her flying Monkey Carole to throw out a skewed interpretation on National Television.

This is all subject to litigation and the courts. I don't believe for one minute Bethenny's version of the facts. Lets see what the courts decide. You don't know what went on any more than I do. We only know Bethenny's version that she is spewing in an underhanded way in violation of the court order. Lets see what happens. 

In any event this is the wrong thread for this.

This should be about how Dorinda left her Cake and Carole out in the rain. Both of them sort of look like they were melting.

Maybe he doesn't have any stories to actually sell to the tabloids. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Yes, they do!!  It's hugely important for kids!!  I had my maternal grandma, thank God.  My paternal grandma was alive but we weren't close due to issues with other family members (not her) who were addicted to alcohol and my mom didn't want my sister to be around it.  (It didn't work as my sister became an alcoholic and was in real recovery but not now so much....  For those who watch RHoBH, I've written some about being the Kyle to my sister, the Kim.)   

I don't believe anyone has ever had an issue with the grandparents just with Jason.   

I do. 

It has much more to do with Jason's entitled attitude and his level of cruelty throughout the divorce, but his parents were not the innocent people they portrayed on TV. 

Jason's father paraded himself in his underwear in front of Bethenny's office crew and one time even in front of a radio crew who had come to interview Bethenny, this is in some of the divorce documents. 

Jason's mother fraudulently notarized documents that allowed Jason to squat in her apartment for as long as he did. The judge had to throw the trust away and that is how come Jason had to vacate the property but it took several years. This is not her say, there are court documents to prove it. 

This only tells me that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Jason and his parents only pretended to be good and decent people in front of the cameras, when the cameras were not rolling they were completely different. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I wonder if Conner went ahead and opened the door to accept the hat.?

Did the hat arrive sideways in the box? 

Maybe Sonja set that whole scene up, Connor did not open the door to receive the box, but the delivery guy left it on the doorstep. Then when they get back to the city, Sonja will claim they never got them and will sell it on Ebay. Sonja will feel justified as Tinsley never made her coffee or breakfast in bed.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I wonder if Conner went ahead and opened the door to accept the hat.?

Did the hat arrive sideways in the box? 

I suspect Conner was found wearing said hat and Lady Morgan was jealous he looked better than she could ever hope to look in it herself.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, bagger said:

I suspect Conner was found wearing said hat and Lady Morgan was jealous he looked better than she could ever hope to look in it herself.

Did you catch how Sonja didn't understand why the cookie decorating wasn't being done by the help, then she yelled at Tinsley about having Connor open the door to receive hats?  After the New Year, Tinsley should have Connor decorate cookies at Casa Haversham to drive Sonja even crazier.

• Love 2

The Count supposedly was at Lu's wedding. And she definitely got the house in her divorce because she was able to sell it and buy the new one for about 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of the old. Sonja mentioned in a recent episode staying at Luann's at the same time as the Count. That house looked like it was at least 5 or 6 bedrooms in the house plus whatever space was in the basement and pool house so it is plausible.

This is a pretty big contrast to the Beth meltdown we were previewing in this ep and her attitude about Lu on WWHL. She never seems to leave anything in the past and she is constantly brutalized/infuriated when anyone fights her on the same mudslinging level. She might be rich, she might be skinny and she might have a kid but she is never going to have an ounce of happiness until she learns to let a single thing slide. Or atleast acknowledge there are two sides to most disagreements. Its just sad and tiring to witness. And I think Carole is a shitty friend for not at least trying to reign her in or provide a differing viewpoint. Lu, Sonja, Dorinda and even frickin Ramona have all been able to point out root causes or why there was a point of disagreement at various times. But not Carole. And I have to wonder if Carole was as aghast that JFK Jr married someone who cheated on him? 

Perpetual victimhood from a late 40s bully with a big bank account is just not a good look.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did you catch how Sonja didn't understand why the cookie decorating wasn't being done by the help, then she yelled at Tinsley about having Connor open the door to receive hats?  After the New Year, Tinsley should have Connor decorate cookies at Casa Haversham to drive Sonja even crazier.

While they both wear flamboyant hats.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, robroy said:

The Count supposedly was at Lu's wedding. And she definitely got the house in her divorce because she was able to sell it and buy the new one for about 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of the old. Sonja mentioned in a recent episode staying at Luann's at the same time as the Count. That house looked like it was at least 5 or 6 bedrooms in the house plus whatever space was in the basement and pool house so it is plausible.

This is a pretty big contrast to the Beth meltdown we were previewing in this ep and her attitude about Lu on WWHL. She never seems to leave anything in the past and she is constantly brutalized/infuriated when anyone fights her on the same mudslinging level. She might be rich, she might be skinny and she might have a kid but she is never going to have an ounce of happiness until she learns to let a single thing slide. Or atleast acknowledge there are two sides to most disagreements. Its just sad and tiring to witness. And I think Carole is a shitty friend for not at least trying to reign her in or provide a differing viewpoint. Lu, Sonja, Dorinda and even frickin Ramona have all been able to point out root causes or why there was a point of disagreement at various times. But not Carole. And I have to wonder if Carole was as aghast that JFK Jr married someone who cheated on him?

Perpetual victimhood from a late 40s bully with a big bank account is just not a good look.

After the last reunion aired..Luanne did a bunch of interviews and made the deal with People Magazine.

In her first interview, she hinted at not knowing the guest list in terms of the HW's cast members and even hinted at we'll see if Bravo films my wedding. She also gushed that The Count was so happy for her and he wanted to walk her down the aisle

In another interview with People that was released in December, she named people on her guest list. This is with video as well as the written article from People. In both she says, oh the Count was going to walk me down the aisle but at the last minute he decided he wasn't going to attend because he didn't want to steal my thunder.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I will never not believe that the Tom deal was just a storyline plot for Lu in the beginning. The very idea that she didn't know he had been seeing Ramona - when it was all over the press months before Lu approached him in that bar where he left with her - seems impossible to believe (which is yet another example of why Lu is a liar). The fact that she stuck with this lie is even more incredible. Did she actually fall in love with him? Maybe she did, but I think for many the idea that she did seems strange. I think that Lu is really beautiful - naturally beautiful. She is fit, loves athletics, loves to have a good time, and with the exception of when she crosses paths with the occasional Pirate, knows how to handle herself for the most part. I think out of all the women she could attract a man, and we know that she certainly has in the past. Why this guy? With his history? I know that she is very resilient, that she moved on after The Count and has a good relationship with him even after the public humiliation. But she has also been very clear to others and the audience that she wouldn't want to go through that again. So why marry a guy that publicly humiliated her? Where is the sense in any of this? I don't think that the others had any kind of "plan" for Lu. I think they believed firmly that she was lying about what she knew when she met him, that she was doing it for a storyline, and they believe that she is still doing that to an extent and doesn't know - or want - to get out of it now. She might be in love with him, but I also think she doesn't see any real downside at this point. The wedding is a good storyline, and if there are difficulties in the marriage, that extends the opportunity for a storyline into the future. The divorce and her heartbreak would make for good TV. 

I don't think Luann invests that deep in a "storyline", to me she seems to try and keep much of her private life off the show.  The story about Ramona and Tom, at the time, appeared as a Page Six item.  A single story, until it was mentioned during the season, and by Bethenny on Andy's radio  show in January of 2016.  I don't know if Luann and Sonja follow Ramona, but neither seemed to see fit to mention they had previous contact with Tom to Ramona.  What made things ridiculous, is why is Ramona demanding Luann ask her for permission over a guy she had dated for four days, four months earlier?  To me the storyline builders were Ramona and Bethenny with the silly man stealing storyline.  Ramona talking about crawling across a table to get between Luann and a guy she met first when they were out one night.  Who looks the fool in that story?

Why Tom?  To me, there is something about a man that is willing to risk potential humiliation and embarrassment to date a RH, even braver to marry one.  A man has to be pretty confident to risk  his reputation to be tied to one of these ladies.  The name calling, the regular character assassination that is the backbone of these shows.  Tom is horrible on camera-stiff as board and just so wooden.  The Count and Jacques were much smoother.

The same can be said for every RH who dates, marries, or gets divorced or has a child-it is a great storyline.  I think it is pretty much their lives.  There is a double standard-some RH can keep significant portions of their lives off the shows and others, are vilified for using a little discretion.  I would hope after nine seasons these women have learned there is no upside to trying to devise a storyline.  Jill vs. Bethenny, Jill's brilliant idea to have a blow up with Bethenny and get back together.  There is the cautionary tale.  Forget Bethenny's divorce.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

After the last reunion aired..Luanne did a bunch of interviews and made the deal with People Magazine.

In her first interview, she hinted at not knowing the guest list in terms of the HW's cast members and even hinted at we'll see if Bravo films my wedding. She also gushed that The Count was so happy for her and he wanted to walk her down the aisle

In another interview with People that was released in December, she named people on her guest list. This is with video as well as the written article from People. In both she says, oh the Count was going to walk me down the aisle but at the last minute he decided he wasn't going to attend because he didn't want to steal my thunder.

Luann may project a "cool" image, but the woman can be shady as fuck sometimes.

• Love 9
On 5/28/2017 at 9:11 AM, breezy424 said:

My question is...didn't we see on the last episode that Beth bought another apartment that she's renovating?  I wonder what her plans would have been if the apartment she has been living in with Bryn was sold, where would they have been living until the new place was renovated?  'Homeless' in a hotel?  I get that sometimes people have to move due to all sorts of things out of their control but this child just keeps on getting shuffled by her mother.  'Home' is important, especially for a child. 

At least going to grandma and grandpa's house is a constant and a base.  Now, I'm sure some are going to comment about Jason's parents.  IMO, I think Jason's parents provide an environment of consistency and normalcy.  It's a good thing.  Yep, I know some will disagree.  

Enh, I would argue that point. My oldest lived in 3 different countries before the age of 5 (her current age). Military children move quite frequently. My oldest loves moving and getting to explore new places and cultures. My youngest is 14 months so he doesn't have an opinion. Bryn has stability in the form of her parents (even though they are divorced). My kids know that home is wherever the family is. 

On 5/28/2017 at 7:13 PM, Martinigirl said:

I think it's best to have your spouse explain to his / her parents how they need to give them some space. Jason wouldn't do that. He felt his parents were in the right. Jason put his parents first and his marriage second. Jason's parents were as much in the wrong as Jason. It's also very weird!!!

So, my in-laws are like Jason's parents. They wanted every weekend together. It was a huge part of why we moved overseas.  LOL. 

On 5/28/2017 at 10:04 PM, Trooper York said:

There is a way that normal people handle overbearing in-laws. You talk with you husband or wife and you compromise. You give a little and get a little.

Who in the congregation thinks that Bethenny ever gave an inch. That she only wanted to go to visit when the cameras were there because she wants to approximate being a human being.

She could have taken a different approach. She could have embraced being part of a family. Of being included. Of being important in an extended family unit. 

She could have been the beloved daughter in law and mother of the light of the lives of an extended family group.

Instead she has her assistants and her driver and the people who are paid to be her friend on TV.

You can't always compromise. We couldn't compromise with my in-laws. Give an inch and they take a mile. 

7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Oh, Sonja...  She is just such a hot mess and has been steadily spiraling downwards for seasons now.  The tirade against Tins was more than just alcohol fueled. 

If I was Tins, I would do cookie decorating for every single holiday for the remainder of my time at Sonja's. Ooh, and lots of online shopping.  LOL. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Luann invests that deep in a "storyline", to me she seems to try and keep much of her private life off the show.  The story about Ramona and Tom, at the time, appeared as a Page Six item.  A single story, until it was mentioned during the season, and by Bethenny on Andy's radio  show in January of 2016.  

I counted 6 different stories before I stopped looking. They started about Sept 16th and went on for a week. The fact that she was dating him was also mentioned in her thread at the time. As I said last season, it is almost impossible for me to believe that I had read about a dude that Ramona was dating and Lu had not. This was about 6 weeks before Lu said she went up to him at that restaurant and said something to the effect of "Isn't it my turn", or something like that. The argument last season by many seemed to be that Lu really didn't know, which I find ridiculous. Of course that needs to be the narrative for the Lu story she was trying to sell to have any real legs. If in fact she did know and lied about it, it paints her story in a completely different light. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I count this as one of Luann's lies.

He dumped her via email for the Ethopian Princess (which he has already dumped)

The Count totally screwed her because this happenned a month before the book release Class With The Countess. Because of this her book tanked. The big Book Tour she was going to do didn't happen and the publishing house scrambled. People were laughing at her chapter on how to keep a man and to add spice to your relationship.

The whole she and the Count have a fabulous relationship as only been said by her. She has said whenever he is in NY, he stays at the Hamptons home, I think that is because it was either the property was still in his name or possibly in Noel's. Plus he goes to see his children.

She bragged that the Count wanted to walk her down the aisle. The Count didn't even attend her wedding.

I don't think the Count hates her, I feel bad for her I think he is just indifferent and she tries to portray something that just isn't there.

Wow.  I didn't know this. I feel really sad for Lu.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Throwback Monday

My favorite scene of all time on NY - the Camel Ride.

I wish I had a GIF

12677198_1574958682815532_1334234961_n.j

Look at Jill's mug. LOL

Isn't she supposed to appear in a scene soon?

Yahabibi!

Was this the trip where she ran to tell Ramona that the soothsayer said Mario was ho'in?

giphy.gif

I'll see myself out.  Lmao!

• Love 9