Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Kimmy Bites an Onion!

(edited)

Good finale, and I liked how it summed up the underlying theme that's been running through this season--that sometimes life just sucks. While very funny and a bit more consistent than previous years, this season's been pretty depressing. Last year had so many good things happen to the characters, and it feels like it all went downhill this year. Jacqueline and Titus lost good relationships. Gretchen's triumph (however ridiculous) of being empowered and starting her own cult turned out to be a nightmare and she ended up imprisoned again. (She's happy about it now, but she was also happy about starting her cult, and look how that turned out.) Cyndee went from the woman who had a whole town catering to her every desire to selling bunkers at trade shows. Andrea lost her license and is selling piercings in a mall in New Jersey. Lillian went from her triumph of deciding to run for office to discovering she couldn't accomplish anything, then got a new boyfriend, only to discover he could die at any moment. (Which would be sadder if I thought they had any chemistry, but he's too boring and not nearly weird enough for this show.) Kimmy had both her college goals and crossing guard dream ripped out from under her (ugh--the latter was especially brutal). This episode made it seem like this wasn't an accident (or a pointless cavalcade of misfortunes), but a deliberate throughline for the season: you try to do things, and life just kicks you in the teeth. I'm glad Kimmy got to end the season with a win though, and hope that means the characters will be on an upswing next year.

Loved the Back to the Future reference, complete with Marty's vest.

Edited by TheOtherOne
(edited)

I thought Jacqueline's realizing that she could do stuff for herself--cook, be Mimi Kanasis' caregiver for the day, get the Washington Redskins Gun-Takers renamed--and her decision to embrace a career as a Talent Agent/Guidance Counselor Bather actually ended the season on an up note for her.  Yeah, she lost out on her relationship with Hot Russ, but rejecting being pulled back into that world actually showed a lot of growth for her.

Although I thought there was way too little of Deirdre Robespierre this season.

ETA:  And Mikey's Pupazza.

Edited by starri
  • Love 3

Overall, I enjoyed the season, but it ended way, way too soon! This season was almost too much set up for what comes next... which is hard when we have to wait a full year for the next episodes. One of the downsides of being able to binge watch, I suppose.

I am glad that Mikey will still be in the picture next season (at least I hope!) I do like him and Titus together, so I would like to see that be the final end game for Titus. There is also a chance for Titus to find a bit of success with this California song and potentially Jaqueline keeping him on as a client. Her new vocation opens the door for a lot of guests and directions for plot lines next season. It was great to see her character growth.

I agree that this season was a bit of a downer, so I'm glad Kimmy ended up with hopefully a good job at the end. College wouldn't have been a great storyline ongoing because it just takes so long. So her getting the experience but still able to move on to something else is a good set up. She still has a lot to deal with when it comes to the bunker and her experiences.

I've not been as big of a fan of Lillian, she's just so out there, and for whatever reason she works better for me in small doses. But hopefully she ran after Artie to have an adventure.

Hopefully Kimmy will run into Perry again. It was also nice to catch up a little with the other bunker women over the season... and just enough of the reverend in the beginning. Perhaps next season she will finally sign the divorce papers and be done with him for good.

• Love 3

I enjoyed this. There were times where some of the characters got on my nerves, but overall I thought it was good. I was surprised by Kimmy's ending. I thought that she would sign the divorce papers when she realized that was what was keeping her from becoming a crossing guard. 

I liked Lillian's friend, so I'm hoping that he will find a heart so he can stick around. I'm also looking forward to Jackie and Titus working together. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Captain Carrot said:

I'm a little worried about the robots. (Especially since some of them now have cylon eyes). Is it possible that the series will end with the robots taking over the world and Kimmy back in the bunker?

Were those robots in previous seasons?  I don't remember if they were or not, but they were everywhere this season and I didn't care for it.

I actually liked Lillian's new boyfriend and hope they can work out.  Hope to see Titus end up with Mikey also!  But I guess they might not be ready to have everyone end up with their ultimate love interest until the last season.

Will be interested to see how Kimmy's new job goes.  Adored the Back to the Future vest and DeLorean.  Also interested to see how Jacqueline's new talent agent gig goes.  Maybe she can help Titus too.  Was sorry to see Jacqueline's relationship dissolve.

My least favorite aspect of the whole season was Kimmy not just signing the divorce papers.  It wasn't her job to "save" Wendy, nor could she no matter what she tries.  Wendy has to realize she has a problem and want to get help for it, so Kimmy putting her life on hold for her is just stupid.  And it cost her the crossing guard job, although maybe that wasn't a bad thing.

• Love 4

The robots were introduced in the S1 episode 'Kimmy Goes to a Party', you saw them every once and a while in S2 (almost like an easter egg), and were everywhere in S3. That trend and the horizontal red line that some of them now have for eyes are why I have suspicions about the (eventual) series finale.

And I have to agree about the DeLorean and the BttF vest, but Lillian quoting Doc Brown made that moment perfect.

• Love 4

I constantly giggle at some of the obscure references they make. I know i don't catch all of them, but the "Fiddler on the Roof" reference, made my laugh:

"Wait. Isn't he rich?"

"Oh, yeah. Very rich. All day long he bidi bidi bums."

Then, later, you see him in his office...bidi bidi bumming.

• Love 9

I love the Boobs in California song. 

I liked the ending as well.  The new career paths give them opportunities for new storylines next season. 

I am kind of glad she didn't divorce the reverend just because it means more of a chance of Jon Hamm being back on the show. 

The robots popping up everywhere was funny too.  I have they do appear more and more. 

• Love 2

This season got shaky at times, but the finale was good! Ended things on a high note! Also puppies!

I liked how little things scattered all through the season came back into play. Really ties the whole thing together. The divorce papers. The boobs song. That Zach guy who failed the Turing Test (which basically makes him equivalent to a machine, doesn't it?). The Nom-Nom game!

I was sad for Kimmy that her tie to the Reverend crushed her dream of being a crossing-guard, but this new job seems even better.

What exactly does Zach expect Kimmy to do for his company, though? I'm kind of not clear on that. He needs her emotional intelligence... and? What does he want her to do with it?

6 hours ago, Bec said:

What exactly does Zach expect Kimmy to do for his company, though? I'm kind of not clear on that. He needs her emotional intelligence... and? What does he want her to do with it?

I haven't re-watched, but my impression was that he wanted her to be his interface with other people, as he was no good at that.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, starri said:
17 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

basically it seems Kimmy will be the HR person for the company. 

But she isn't named Linda...

That's our Kimmy! Overcoming obstacles at every turn!

• Love 15

Maybe Kimmy was a Linda all along...

I thought this was a pretty good season, even if it was a bit of a downer. But I suppose the themes of Life Sucks goes along with the general premise of the show. Bad things happen, but Kimmy just keeps on keeping on, so I think it works.

I really hope that this means that Mikey comes back next season, because he and Titus are super cute together, and I just really dig his character. He`s a nice contrast of a gay man to the super flamboyant Titus, and this show is at its best when its playing with stereotypes, instead of trying to make them work ironically. I did like Titus and Jackeline as a duo more this season, and I think being an agent is actually a pretty good idea for her. The two of them are both so self involved, they seem like a natural pair, but with Kimmy still around to add some perspective.

I totally noticed the robots throughout the season, and they crack me up, even though I'm not sure where its going right now. Tina Fey has always had a kind of love of just throwing weird stuff into her show just because she thinks its cool or weird. Its been awhile since I saw 30 Rock, and they occasionally played around with magical realism or science fiction elements in the background, and nothing ever really came of it, so who knows?

I like Lillian's boyfriend. I actually kind of like him more than Lillian. I still like her, but Lillian is better in smaller doses. There was too much of her this season. On the other hand, they used the reverend just the right amount this season. He showed up enough to impact Kimmy and the plot, but not so much that he overstayed his welcome like in the first season.

I'm sad that Kimmy had to leave school and couldn't be crossing guard, but her new job looks cool. Maybe the whole Linda in HR joke was all foreshadowing Kimmy becoming the head of HR in some funky start up? "Hello new co-worker". Kimmy with puppies might be too cute to handle, but I will just take on that challenge next season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe this has already been covered, but I was blown away to realize that the actor who plays Artie Goodman (Peter Riegert) also played Boone in Animal House. Just completely blown away. How am I that old?

Edited by Tess23
  • Love 2

The running Yuko gag didn't work for me, but I like how she lost half a point on her test for calling the truck a trolley. 

I did like how they kept coming back to Titus's pronunciation of moi. It's so Titus to decide the way to show Mikey he's successful is by bringing a peacock which he totally did not rent to the site. The shades on top of shades was a fun sight gag. 

Also I want to date all of the guys Mikey dates after Titus, or post-smooshing Russ once he gets over himself, but he'll probably go for Andy Cohen.

• Love 1

Overall I was let down by the finale. It didn't really tie things up the way season 2 did. To me, the season works better almost as a collection of sketches. There were some great, absurd episodes/incidents but the storylines mostly fizzled. 

I'm disappointed Kimmy got a college degree without really learning much. The crew thing was kind of dropped and I don't consider a throw away line about it from the dean to be sufficient. In season 2, Kimmy dealt with her issues with her mother and got some sort of peace there. I don't see similar growth this season. She's also still married to the Reverand without any real progress on that front since episode 3. 

• Love 4
On 5/25/2017 at 9:10 PM, Tess23 said:

Maybe this has already been covered, but I was blown away to realize that the actor who plays Artie Goodman (Peter Riegert) also played Boone in Animal House. Just completely blown away. How am I that old?

Not as old as I am because I knew it was him the first time.  I love that he and Carol Kane are both in this show.  I watch the rest of the season today so this might have the been in the episode before - but all I could think is that Xan looks like Tina Fey and she could totally be Andrea's daughter. 

On 5/26/2017 at 10:06 PM, theatremouse said:

He wants her to talk to the humans so he doesn't have to. 

I got the impression he was supposed to be on the spectrum (I think he's the same student who really wanted to know what kind of trolley it was, and... had another line in a previous episode which pinged my 'dar, right?  Counting people when entering the room, or something?)

I guess I'm in the minority, but I was kind of meh on this season.  Really meh.  Did all of the writers just super hate college?  Are they just lazy, and that's why they just pull out every single trope in the book (academics being bullied by the coaches; professors are all vegan lesbians who treat chickens as children; hahahah consent, what a ridiculous concept, kids today are so dumb and definitely go overboard on that and there are definitely no real-world current event examples of how sexual assault is very much not taken seriously even in frigging 2017; "ugly" David Cross turns into a hot dude and immediately becomes a shallow asshat because you can only have one or the other we all know that)?  

I don't know.  I guess I just wish I had enjoyed it more than I actually did.  Like, it's one thing to be COMPLETELY in the realm of caricature, but they aren't totally in that zone, I don't think, so when they do storylines like those it just strikes me as lazy.  It is possible to tackle these topics in comedic yet intelligent ways (e.g. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend).  Just disappointing.

"Boobs in California" is REALLY catchy though.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, rabidchipmnk said:

Did all of the writers just super hate college?  Are they just lazy, and that's why they just pull out every single trope in the book (academics being bullied by the coaches; professors are all vegan lesbians who treat chickens as children; hahahah consent, what a ridiculous concept, kids today are so dumb and definitely go overboard on that and there are definitely no real-world current event examples of how sexual assault is very much not taken seriously even in frigging 2017; "ugly" David Cross turns into a hot dude and immediately becomes a shallow asshat because you can only have one or the other we all know that)?  

I completely agree with all of this, but I still liked the season overall. Maybe it wasn't as good as seasons 1 and 2, but I still enjoyed it for the most part (except for the church episode).

• Love 2

Finished it a few days ago and I did like most of the episodes this season, while at the same time didn't like how the plot played out.  Maybe I was expecting more growth out of the main characters, and I felt that most of the major characters showed either very little growth or in Titus' case, took a step back.  (At least we got a lot of singing Titus which I will always enjoy.)  The only person who did grow was Jacqueline who found her strength, spider be damned.  

And despite sharing a nickname with her, Mimi needs to be dialed out ALLLLL the way down.  One or two scenes once every few episodes at best.  Too many scenes in ONE episode is exhausting. 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, Captain Asshat said:

I constantly giggle at some of the obscure references they make. I know i don't catch all of them, but the "Fiddler on the Roof" reference, made my laugh:

"Wait. Isn't he rich?"

Then, later, you see him in his office...bidi bidi bumming.

Ahhhahaha!  I can't believe I didn't get that reference (I love Fiddler on the Roof!!)

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:59 AM, Bec said:

This season got shaky at times, but the finale was good! Ended things on a high note! Also puppies!

I liked how little things scattered all through the season came back into play. Really ties the whole thing together. The divorce papers. The boobs song. That Zach guy who failed the Turing Test (which basically makes him equivalent to a machine, doesn't it?). The Nom-Nom game!

I was sad for Kimmy that her tie to the Reverend crushed her dream of being a crossing-guard, but this new job seems even better.

I thought he wanted her to be his "2nd in command" or maybe a really high-level assistant.  But the HR thing makes the most sense.

I loved all the 30 Rock appearances this season.  Especially enjoyed seeing Frank R. (Gordy) and Jenna M. (Jacqueline) together again - if only for a brief scene!

Sad that the season is over already. Well, of course, that's mostly my fault for binge-watching it.  That damn Golden Age of Television got me again!  (also loved The Americans reference- that's my favorite drama on TV now--and it IS ignored by so many!)

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:09 AM, Sticker Shock said:

I honestly like Lillian's boyfriend far, far more than I do her. I felt like there was way too much of her this season, even if there wasn't actually more of her than in the first two seasons.

I fast forwarded all of her scenes.  Don't even know what her storyline was but I was not interested.

• Love 1
On 21/05/2017 at 7:04 PM, Captain Carrot said:

I'm a little worried about the robots. (Especially since some of them now have cylon eyes). Is it possible that the series will end with the robots taking over the world and Kimmy back in the bunker?

I think it might! The crossing guard robot hinted at a take over. When it was discussing the final test it said something like 'save the many over the few....for now'

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked this season and love that everybody got new chances in life. Hope Titus and Mikey get back together next season, and also that Titus finally becomes the star he always wanted to be. I also liked Lillian's lover and their cute relationship so hopefully he will stay alive for awhile. Jacqueline becoming Titus's talent agent is a nice move on the part of the writers so they can mesh their storylines somewhat (her marriage to Russ was getting tiring for me so I was glad they ended that). Yay for Kimmy finding a new job. Maybe she and Zach will become a couple and she will finally divorce the Reverand.

Edited by Mattipoo
(edited)

I'm kinda shipping Kimmy and Zach, which is weird, because I didn't really care for her "proper" love interests like Dong or the philosophy dude-wannabe reverend. They kinda seem well-matched and there's a ton of comedic potential there.

I did miss Zach's introduction, it seems, because he came out of nowhere in the finale.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Overall this season didn't really engage me the way the first two did. There weren't really any ROTFLMAO moments, like the fake sailors musical. Don't get me wrong, it still had its moments and I got some good chuckles out of it. It's definitely better than 95% of the pablum that passes for sitcoms on network TV these days. It just feels like it's running out of steam at this point to be honest. 

The Nom-Nom game!

I missed something - what was that from? I didn't understand what Zach was talking about when he mentioned he developed something for "nom noms." 

Heh - I did catch that though. And yes, loved the Back to the Future references, especially drunk Kimmi saying "crazy drunk driver."

Hope Titus and Mikey get back together next season

Honestly, Titus doesn't deserve Mikey.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I didn't understand what Zach was talking about when he mentioned he developed something for "nom noms."

Non-Nom is the name of an app game that Zach developed. It seems to work somewhat like Pokémon Go, where you "eat up" virtual food that appears overlaid in the real world, through your phone camera.

One of the things the show did really well was dropping breadcrumbs throughout the season. Early on, they said that they should develop an app to make money. Then when Russ was in the hospital, his brother completely disrespected his smushed, casted body to gobble up digital treats off him in Nom-Nom. Then it turns out Kimmy's fellow student was the one who developed Nom-Nom and he ended up hiring her. So she's going to make money off an app, after all.

• Love 4

Love Jacqueline as Titus's agent! It really is the perfect job for her. And I like Titus and Jacqueline together.

I only want Tikey together if Titus does some growing. He's recognized that he has some work to do but now I want him to actually do it.

I don't get this running joke with the white plastic robots every season.

I'm guessing the Columbia nerd's company goes IPO and Kimmy is crazy rich next season.

Jacqueline working with Titus next season should be pretty funny.

I liked this season better than season 2, which I thought was more hit and miss.

I don't get this running joke with the white plastic robots every season.

I remember they introduced the robot early on in Season 1, and that they tried to kill it? And bury it? And it's been turning up like a bad penny ever since. But I can't remember the circumstances of its origins. Anyone with a better memory than mine remember this? I seem to recall Jacqueline having some sort of party and the robot might have been a present for someone. Maybe her son?

Ellie Kemper really sold that onion biting story. I am honestly surprised she has never won an emmy fir this role.

Also i loved the line about golden hearts being a leading cause of death in hookers.

• Love 3
On 6/8/2017 at 8:34 PM, ahisma said:

Non-Nom is the name of an app game that Zach developed. It seems to work somewhat like Pokémon Go, where you "eat up" virtual food that appears overlaid in the real world, through your phone camera.

One of the things the show did really well was dropping breadcrumbs throughout the season. Early on, they said that they should develop an app to make money. Then when Russ was in the hospital, his brother completely disrespected his smushed, casted body to gobble up digital treats off him in Nom-Nom. Then it turns out Kimmy's fellow student was the one who developed Nom-Nom and he ended up hiring her. So she's going to make money off an app, after all.

And we also saw Cyndee pretending to eat shrimp with the Nom Nom app in the previous episode!

• Love 3
On 5/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, Dots And Stripes said:

I'm disappointed Kimmy got a college degree without really learning much.

She didn't;  she flunked out. She did learn a little philosophy, but apparently not much Mandarin or chemistry.  What's kind of funny, is that Columbia has a very specific core curriculum, which she clearly was not enrolled in.  It would have actually made much more sense for her to be in the School of General Studies, "created specifically for returning and nontraditional students seeking a rigorous, traditional, Ivy League undergraduate degree full or part time" (from the Columbia website) since is certainly a nontraditional student and didn't appear to be attending full time.

I mostly binged the season until the last few episodes. I thought it started off really strong and it's still one of the most consistently hilarious shows that I watch. I think things fell off in the latter part of the season. I'm not sure if it was practical (actors having other commitments, etc.) or the writers just wanting to stay in that sitcom-y place where things don't change but I think it affected the show. First, there were too many plotlines. It wasn't linear enough. It was like one episode we were supposed to care about Kimmy going to Columbia and then 2 episodes would go by where it wasn't mentioned. I loved so many of the guest stars, especially the Broadway people. James Monroe Iglehart! Daveed Diggs! Derek Klena! Billy Magnussen! But particularly in the latter part of the season, they weren't really helping to move the plot forward. I feel like Daveed was really wasted and I guess now that Kimmy's done with Columbia, he's gone until they find a reason for a cameo. 

At the same time, with the sitcom-y thing, it felt like they were afraid to commit to anything. You have our core cast of principals that we already care about... Kimmy, Titus, Jacqueline... and to a lesser extent Lillian. But the show seemed afraid of letting them get anything too permanent. Kimmy is into this cute philosophy student. But no wait, he's going to seminary school to be a reverend. She's going to be a crossing guard, no, she's going to college. Oh, now it's Columbia. Oops, nevermind. I think Titus got the worst of it with them torpedoing the Mikey relationship (but leaving the door open). Even though I loved the Lemonade thing and the cruise ship was fun, he was really sidelined this season. They seemed to be actively keeping him in limbo. I would have liked to see him deal with some more fame from the Boobs in California song. Jacqueline did also get her share of things with all the progress with Russ (basically doing the Charlotte from Sex and the City later season storyline) and then throwing it out the window with the post-smooshing recasting. I like the idea of her being an agent. Lillian's always been a character who breezes in and out. While I really started to like Artie, I knew it wasn't going to last. I'd almost rather he died than they have that lazy breakup where she refused to go on the trip with him. Again, everything felt rushed. And it's weird because they have the deal with Netflix. This feels like the way you wrap up a season when you suddenly get told you've dropped in the ratings and the higher ups want you to try to attract a younger demographic by putting in stuff about technology and millenials. Speaking of which, it's a testament to how good this show is that the same actor who was unbearable on Younger actually kind of worked here. 

Were those robots in previous seasons?  I don't remember if they were or not, but they were everywhere this season and I didn't care for it.

I remember them but only in the vaguest sense of... I remember we saw this before. But it seemed like the creators thought they were this big running joke we would all get and... no. 

As for Titus and Mikey, I think the show has done too good of a job convincing me that Titus was just Mikey's first love and they aren't really that compatible. They need to be with people who enjoy the same things. 

I haven't re-watched, but my impression was that he wanted her to be his interface with other people, as he was no good at that.

I hope they've got a plan. Right now it reminds me way too much of Katherine McPhee on Scorpion. And that show is garbage. 

4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

As for Titus and Mikey, I think the show has done too good of a job convincing me that Titus was just Mikey's first love and they aren't really that compatible. They need to be with people who enjoy the same things. 

I totally agree. Mikey is adorable, but he fits with Titus as well as Titus fit with his suburban ex.

Ok, brief rundown of the ever-present Yukos. They were first introduced in the season one episode "Kimmy Goes to a Party!" Jacqueline's then husband Julian helped develop them with a Japanese company in complete secret; he spent a lot of time in Japan and Jacqueline assumed that he was cheating on her (he was, but with their therapist, not anyone in Japan). When she finds out that he was actually spending all that time developing a robot, she actually gets even more mad. Cheating on her with a real flesh-and-blood woman she could understand, but just tinkering around with a robot she couldn't. Meanwhile, Titus also hates Yuko because he'd been hired to sing at the party and Yuko steals his spotlight. Jacqueline "kills" Yuko in a fit of rage and Titus helps her to bury the "body." However, Yuko's programming gets back up and running and, unbeknownst to Jacqueline or Titus, she digs her way out of her shallow grave with the ominous line, "I now understand...revenge."

In season two, Yukos start popping up more and more; presumably Julian's company has gotten them off the ground. They're generally seen doing service work (walking dogs, trimming hedges, etc.). But in season three they appear to have become more advanced. Deirdre had an offhand line about "the Yuko uprising." Basically these robots are getting smarter and planning to take over the world because Jacqueline lost her temper. I think the posters who predict a fullscale robot revolution are right on the money, and we'll see that come about in later seasons. I can also see this revolution taking place completely offscreen and just leaving the Yukos as an easter egg.

I was legit heartbroken for Kimmy when she couldn't be a crossing guard because of her marriage to the reverend. As others have said, being a crossing guard is the perfect career for her, as she could potentially save some other child from what happened to her. But while I liked in the earlier episodes that Kimmy was both staying married to the reverend to get access to his assets in a contested divorce, and then to save Wendy, I now regret that I enjoyed that because it got in the way of something she wanted. However, it looks like things have turned around and she could make a lot of money working for a successful software developer. P.S. I love how Zach immediately noticed that the apartment is just a sideways tugboat.

I agree that this season was a little more downbeat than the first two, but things can't be going swell all the time. In order to remain unbreakable, Kimmy (and the others) has to keep being faced with impossible-looking challenges and overcoming them. I wonder if our current reality also influenced the change in the show's tone. I come to this show for an escape from our never-ending national nightmare, but even though it's a live-action cartoon, Kimmy and co. are still living in our timeline and things aren't exactly peachy keen right now. If anything, I think it helps the show. Seeing the characters really struggling makes the show more relatable in these current times, and makes it all the more inspiring when they push forward.

I hope Jacqueline becoming an agent means more Jacqueline and Titus next season. They're great together.

On 5/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, tennisgurl said:

I totally noticed the robots throughout the season, and they crack me up, even though I'm not sure where its going right now. Tina Fey has always had a kind of love of just throwing weird stuff into her show just because she thinks its cool or weird. Its been awhile since I saw 30 Rock, and they occasionally played around with magical realism or science fiction elements in the background, and nothing ever really came of it, so who knows?

Well, Kenneth did end up being immortal and, presumably, running NBC for the rest of time, so it's possible the Yukos could turn into something significant haha.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:07 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

Ellie Kemper really sold that onion biting story. I am honestly surprised she has never won an emmy fir this role.

Right? It was such a simple bit of dialogue but I felt so bad for her that those onions didn't taste like apples! She deserves onions that taste like apples!

• Love 2

Loved seeing Jacqueline and Gordy together due to the whole 30 Rock connection.

Honestly forgot all about Kimmy not divorcing the Reverend, so I did not predict that coming back to haunt her and prevent her from being a crossing guard.  That sucks, but at least she found another job with this anti-social guy who apparently suppose to be the next big genius (something about dog food, I think?) I did enjoy seeing Jim Gaffigan as the officer.

I like Mikey and hope it all works out, but I really feel like Titus needs to grow up and change to really make it work.  Titus Burgess is still awesome, but the character of Titus seemed to be in a holding pattern this season.  Heck, he might have even regressed on some levels.

Hope Artie sticks around.  I think he meshes really well with the entire cast and not just Lillian.

Overall, fun season but it didn't quite stick with me like the past two did.  It kind of felt directionless at times and it didn't full take advantage of some interesting ideas and concepts like Kimmy going to college.  I do think the finale has set up some interesting ideas, so I hope they take advantage of it.

Loved seeing Kimmy get a new job after the devastation of not being a crossing guard due to the Reverend. I also think that the new boss is on the spectrum.

Love Mikey and Titus together because Mikey makes Titus more bearable. This season, Titus has been too over the top. 

Like Artie a lot for the same reason - he makes Lillian bearable. 

Yay Jacqueline!