Am I in the minority that I REALLY HATED this finale?
1) Liv's hot boyfriend dies. Again. Like the other two, and like I called from the second it became evident they were going to bone (so like, 12 seconds after he was introduced). Lazy. I suspect they're doing it to get to a Liv/Major endgame and I really dislike that, which is probably why I feel so strongly about that.
2) If I may put on my scientist hat: OMG, RAVI, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF THE BRAIN SHE NEEDS TO EAT. THE FUCK. YOUR SAMPLE SIZE IS N=1. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THE BRAIN CURES PEOPLE, THEREFORE YOU CANNOT KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DOSE IS NEEDED TO CURE. WHY WOULDN'T YOU GIVE INCREMENTAL DOSES TO SEE HOW MUCH IS NECESSARY.
3) With the scientist hat still on: okay, so like, if I'm understanding this (really bad medical research) correctly... he had Isabel's brain, and like, put it in blue juice and ran a current through it and then they got a gelatin brain of a different color, by magic. But you actually literally have no idea how many brains might be immune. Has anyone ever been scratched and not turned? Did anyone who got the vaccine not turn? But of course *most* people who die as humans will not have been scratched by zombies, so you have absolutely no idea whether they may have immunity. You have no data! And if eating the brain cures people, *maybe* start by doing that procedure to *all* brains you come across and see if they turn orange, since *handwaving* Isabel's blood work showed nothing unusual? Maybe there are more immune/curing brains out there? How would you even know?
I'm not even that kind of scientist, but I think I understand biological research well enough to know that this is particularly bad (and has been the whole time with the cure/vaccine/whatever), and for some reason it really really really annoys me, possibly the most ever even though this is a show about zombies. (Ravi is my favorite though, it's not his fault).
4) I am completely not understanding how Major is now in charge. Wasn't he in exile like 8 seconds ago and everyone was following Chase's orders and raiding his hotel room? But... he's prom king, so he gets to be the leader?
5) Writing your own wedding vows that are 60% "we're getting married but I'm super sad we won't have kids" is weird and dumb.
6) I *really* hope Clive tactfully broke up with Michelle, then. ...but still, that's kind of a dick move, in her/your place of work.
7) (How could zombie babies have nursery rhymes about Blaine and DonE if we just established ad nauseam that apparently zombies cannot have babies. Are we turning that many babies?)
That's a really good question you bring up: why don't they freeze people? If there's going to be a brain shortage, why not take volunteers to get frozen? I'm sure some people would even *want* to be frozen, so they can live forever and see future cars. It's not actually that dire a situation re: brains, it's really limited by freezer space, isn't it? And then get the CDC on it to do some *actual* sciencing (/handwaving nonsense). But at least they'd have access to more brains to study.
ETA: Don't get me wrong, overall I still enjoy this show, and I only criticize because I care and I know they can do better.