Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Let's Try To Get Along

• Start Topic

Maci confides in Ryan's fiancée about her co-parenting issues; Amber plans a fashion show to promote her online boutique; Catelynn and Tyler come to terms with their parenting styles.

5 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Maci confides in Ryan's fiancée about her co-parenting issues; Amber plans a fashion show to promote her online boutique; Catelynn and Tyler come to terms with their parenting styles.

"Parenting styles"?!  Is "sitting on couch pecking away at phone while child roams house unattended and with no clothes on" a parenting style?

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

So, basically Catelynn and Tyler have come to terms that April's parenting style is the best? Or they have come to the conclusion that Nova should be in their care and custody in order to have parenting styles. 

Maci, go to fucking court and discuss your co-parenting with a judge. Put an order in place. Dunce!

• Love 6
(edited)

wait, so you invite your mother to visit, then tell her she can't stay with you after she gets there, needs to move into a hotel and rent a car? that is seriously fucked up. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 16

OMG. The dog hair on Matt's black coat, along with the other random crud, was actually making me sick to my stomach. Hey, I have dogs. Long-haired dogs with red fur that gets everywhere. And I have cats that shed. I have been known to keep a lint roller both in my house and in my car. But Matt, dude. On him, it just made him look even grosser.

• Love 4

Bentley can't sleep in his own bed...Jenn had him sleep with her???  Oh hell no.

Previews shows Larry lighting into Mackenzie. Can't wait to see what that's about 

Farrah was awful to both her mom and Michael.  I feel like you can say that every week.  Oh, and those poor animals...

• Love 11
(edited)

So let's just leave Nova with Gramps who still actively does the  booger sugar!

I love that they call Jayde, "Jayders"...don't judge me.

I am shocked that Sophia has friends.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 14
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

But..,if Maci did that she would have no story line!  :D.   

It really is, isn't it? I mean, what else is there to show? MTV and Maci cooked up this storyline.  Taylor won't divulge his real job, whatever that is. Maci would rather the focus be on Ryan than on her. I notice so far I haven't seen a Bud Light beer in her hand or near her mouth. 

• Love 1

Okay weird that Bentley sleeps with Jenn. That's strange.

Otherwise the regular hate of Farrah was back. Probably because the toxic relationship with Debra was back.

Actual parenting scene from gary and Christina tonight versus the parenting going on with Tyler Cate and Nova. ("Nova get down" "no" "okay" the hell) also she's doing great because she has yet to kill an animal. Again.. the hell? I.. that's the meter?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I notice so far I haven't seen a Bud Light beer in her hand or near her mouth. 

She had one tonight at the end!  It was in a glass, but you could still tell what it was.  I'd been wondering about that too.  You used to couldn't go one scene in their house without one of them drinking a Bud Light or seeing the empty boxes all over the place.

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Nova standing on bouncy horse.  Tyler: get down!  Nova: no!  Tyler: ok.  TexasGal: head in hands.

And knowing how she climbs all over the bouncy horse they put it right next to a plate glass window for her to fall through. Now that's a genius parenting style!

Edited by Booger666
Fix typo
  • Love 6

I can't snark too much on Bentley sleeping with Jenn. My 5-year-old daughter sleeps on her own just fine. In fact, she prefers it. My 9-year-old son, however, has never been able to get to sleep on his own. If he falls asleep someplace then my husband will move him to his bed. Sometimes he sleeps through the night, sometimes he doesn't. He basically still sleeps with us. Because he is now older, however, we are slowly starting to wean him to his own space. It's a slow process. Different cultures and families have different ways of doing things. My mom grew up with 13 siblings. She slept 4 to a bed until she left for boarding school at the age of 11. At that point, she made her roommate sleep with her for the first year because she wasn't used to being alone. 

• Love 19
(edited)
44 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

So let's just leave Nova with Gramps who still actively does the  booger sugar!

I love that they call Jayde, "Jayders"...don't judge me.

Thanks for the laugh! Booger sugar is hilarious.  My thought as well,  butch is babysitting!?!?!?

Ha, Amber and Matt, so serious about getting the models.  

Edited by Kimitria
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I can't snark too much on Bentley sleeping with Jenn. My 5-year-old daughter sleeps on her own just fine. In fact, she prefers it. My 9-year-old son, however, has never been able to get to sleep on his own. If he falls asleep someplace then my husband will move him to his bed. Sometimes he sleeps through the night, sometimes he doesn't. He basically still sleeps with us. Because he is now older, however, we are slowly starting to wean him to his own space. It's a slow process. Different cultures and families have different ways of doing things. My mom grew up with 13 siblings. She slept 4 to a bed until she left for boarding school at the age of 11. At that point, she made her roommate sleep with her for the first year because she wasn't used to being alone. 

Sounds like Jenn wants Bentley to sleep in her bed not the other way around.  She's too attached to that child and Ryan could care less.  

Farrah is a bitch and deserves to get smacked in the mouth (don't judge me). I don't see how her parents put up with her.  They go out of their way to try and help her but she shows no appreciation.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

She had one tonight at the end!  It was in a glass, but you could still tell what it was.  I'd been wondering about that too.  You used to couldn't go one scene in their house without one of them drinking a Bud Light or seeing the empty boxes all over the place.

She and Taylor both had cans of Bud Light with their coffee table dinner in the last episode too. 

(I don't think there is anything wrong with a beer with dinner, just pointing it out).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cassye1021 said:

Sounds like Jenn wants Bentley to sleep in her bed not the other way around.  She's too attached to that child and Ryan could care less.

Farrah is a bitch and deserves to get smacked in the mouth (don't judge me). I don't see how her parents put up with her.  They go out of their way to try and help her but she shows no appreciation.  

Maci is right. Ryan's parents will never allow him to parent Bently when they're around.

II wouldn't convict Deborah if she hit Farrah in the mouth with a car.

• Love 12
(edited)

As for the after-show fashion show, Cate looked so clean and washed. Did MTV take a loofah to her or what? There is nothing like having the MTV make-up and hair crew working on you to make you look alive and refreshed.

Amber - Horrible.

Farrah's fashion show - those two girls looked so beautiful and loved their dresses.

Edited by GreatKazu

As usual, editors FTW!  Amber's scenes start with her talking on the phone with a business partner (?) asking if she's going to hire someone to plan her fashion show, and Amber says she can do it herself.  Segue to the scene at the venue, where Amber's answer to every single question was "I don't know,"  or "I didn't think of that," all while looking lost and in over her head, and looking at Matt to help her out.  Number of people, entertainment, logistics- she had no idea what she was doing!  Then the episode ends with Amber scratching the whole thing, with Matt co-signing her decision as smart.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I was surprised that Tyler knew the word sconce.

Help me out here, please. After Nova got down off the coffee table, it sounded like Tyler said "little fucker" (quite loud). I played it back four times and it sounds exactly like that to me. What was it?

I guess from now on JACKson Hole should use Cate's phrase "log cabiny" as a description in their brochures. Truthfully, I add the letter y to the end of many words, because it's funny.

The ridiculous music the show played while Amber was choosing her "models" was beyond stupid.

I laughed at the "therapy" session remembering a while back @GreatKazu referring to Kathleen as "Kinko Kathleen". **snicker**

I'm sure this must have been pointed out before but it's the first time I noticed it. I almost gagged at the posters of their "book" covers. A real author could do that and I wouldn't even blink, but the desperation and narcissism in the case of Amber and Matt is revolting, for a bounty of reasons. Despite trying to appear a certain way, their lives are superficial shells of nothingness, other than pathetic nastiness. (Hey, that's SOMETHING!)

20170508_214235.jpg.d1c580332c2b19c48e8725d5becf86d0.jpg.

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Cassye1021 said:

Yeah, after I posted that I started thinking about it and I believe you're right. If Bentley can sleep in his own bed at home but "has" to sleep with her when he stays there, then my guess is that it's a clinginess/control issue for Jenn. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Not even 5 minutes in but had to post that I LOLd at how Mamber invited Cate to the fashion show.  Basically, "you called me but I was TOTALLY going to call you (what?) and I need your plus-sized ass in the show". 

No shame, but the way Amber said a few episodes ago that she "was never a 12 (again what?) and Cate's delusions, I'm thinking that did not go over well.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 5
(edited)

I was literally stressing out with Amber's fashion show. No planning or thought whatsoever. Venue, Oh yeah. Over 21- um okay (wait, did I think about my audience and who would buy these cheap clothes), a theme, we can decide that later,  Let's get the models first.   Oh, I could go on and on but the project planner in me would melt down.

Lord knows we know how hard they work now that they told us (while sitting in the house, I might add)

Also, I was dying when Farrah told Debra she couldn't stay there. I can't figure out whether she had told her before and Debra ignored it, hoping her hurt puppy look and baby talk would convince Farrah otherwise, or if Farrah had that conversation in her head. On the plus side, Sophia was so cute at her party with her friends! 

I noticed April looks so much healthier now. I did fast forward through Butch and Kinko's Kathleen (who seems to be Hotel Kathleen now). I started but couldn't deal with the "therapy" session.

Edited by bounnatalie
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

Help me out here, please. After Nova got down off the coffee table, it sounded like Tyler said "little fucker" (quite loud). I played it back four times and it sounds exactly like that to me. What was it?

He said "sucker". That is what closed-caption said on my provider.  I have to watch this mess with CC on.  It is like studying a lost tribe of cave people or something. Can I get college credit for this?  

• Love 13

I am probably the only person appreciating that Tupelo Honey shoutout, because I am literally only watching the show at this point to see how many Chattanooga locations I recognize per episode

• Love 5
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It really is, isn't it? I mean, what else is there to show? MTV and Maci cooked up this storyline.  Taylor won't divulge his real job, whatever that is. Maci would rather the focus be on Ryan than on her. I notice so far I haven't seen a Bud Light beer in her hand or near her mouth. 

When they were eating their dinner in the living room both Maci and Taylor had a can of bud light. Or was that Sunday nights episode? Lol, I think I mixed the episodes up due to back to back airing.

I saw a completely different episode with Ryan/Mac and Javi.Now I gotta hunt this fucker down. Bad enough I haven't slept since I saw Debra run naked through the bedroom the 3 are sharing on Bootcamp.

• Love 3

Holy Crap, that picture of Cate in the recap is doing her no justice. As a big woman myself, she needs to get off the couch. She looks like she has gained alot of weight. Go out and walk with Nova or put her in a swimming class or something. Between the nail eating, eating 50 point quesadillas, smoking weed, being depressed, taking meds, etc. isn't doing her any favors either.

• Love 3

I just can't with Amber and her stupid fashion line. "Forever Hoe!" That's seriously what it sounds like. Hey Amber, go watch last night's episode of Better Call Saul, where someone mentions "haute cuisine" and maybe you'll learn how to pronounce it properly. But....doubtful. 

And quit bemoaning how clueless we all are about how "hard" you work. SHOW US. If you work sooooo freaking hard on this dumb website, show us exactly what it is that's so hard. If MTV doesn't air it, show us on Snapchat, Instagram, etc. Quit the talk and walk the walk. (But that would require getting off the couch.)

I did love when she called Catelynn to ask her to be a model. Cate - "Thanks for thinking of me"......"as a fatass just like you". Awkward!

Catelynn looked ROUGH this week. Has she always had such bad circles under eyes. How are these two only in their mid-20s???

WTF, Ryan??? What was with him asking Bentley about having HOOKERS flown in for his bachelor party??? See, Bentley, this is why you can't have nice things. Your dad is a fucking lunatic. Mackenzie, give him his meds and put him to bed. 

I liked seeing Maci and Mack meet up to try and get on the same page. But I think Maci went a bit too far in her complaining about Larry and Jen. I'm not saying her concerns aren't valid, but Mack is the new daughter-in-law. She's golden with the Edwardses right now, so I think she's going to feel a lot more loyalty to them. 

Look, I think Jen and Larry are super sweet, fun people. But I do think some boundaries are needed, were probably needed a long time ago. I feel for them, because Ryan was a total fuckup and they likely felt they HAD to step in, so Bentley would have some love and stability on that side of the family. But to hear that Bentley has to sleep in Jen's bed when he's over there??? Wow. I'm beginning to think that Jen is trying for a bit of a do-over of sorts. They kind of dropped the ball with their son, so now she's trying to get that relationship back through her grandson. Nothing malicious about it, but it's a bit inappropriate and I can see why it makes Maci uncomfortable. 

Farrah, Farrah, Farrah. So much yelling this week. You know how they say if you meet an asshole in the morning you met an asshole, but if you meet assholes all day long maybe YOU'RE the asshole? That's Farrah. I'm not saying Deb and Micheal are innocent angels. Far from it. But she fucking fights with EVERYONE she comes across, except blow-up-doll-come-to-life-Paola. She asks her parents to come because she wants their help, but then she micromanages the fuck out of them and complains about everything they do, then sends them packing once the party is over. I get that Deb and Farrah have real issues, but to be told you can't stay at your own daughter's house? Wow, I actually felt for the crazy, ol lady in that moment. 

Sophia's party looked fun, but I felt for that poor horse - getting glittered the fuck up. FREESTARBURST! 

Also, Deb, what was with those pancakes??? What a clumpy mess. 

• Love 16
(edited)
10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Nova standing on bouncy horse.  Tyler: get down!  Nova: no!  Tyler: ok.  TexasGal: head in hands.

I kind of thought he was trying reverse psychology on her. "Okay, stay up there" - hoping she'd come down. But nope. Nova is going to run that house within a year. 

10 hours ago, snarts said:

Previews shows Larry lighting into Mackenzie. Can't wait to see what that's about 

I think he was loudly ranting about Maci, to Mackenzie. Editing tricks, as per usual. 

10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I have zero issues with co-sleeping, family sleeping, etc. But the way Maci said it ("He can't even sleep in his own bed over there") makes me believe this is not something BENTLEY wants or needs, but something that Jenn insists on. And Bentley is such a passive, accommodating kid - always worried about upsetting everyone. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10

I agree that Jenn sees Bentley as a do-over. Watching them interact, it's like Bentley is the later-in-life-i -didn't-think-i-could-still-get-pregnant-baby and Ryan is the put-upon older brother who can't relate to a sibling so much younger than he is!

• Love 18

I give Mimi some slack because my grandson will kick Papa out of bed to sleep with me.I know Ryan is a fuck up but I can't help but like his family. Hell they take Binnys Sibs on the spot. Not all families would be so accommodating. Maci's mom always looks pissed off. Even during the wedding. 

• Love 6

So basically Amber's thought process was:

"I'll start an online boutique because I like clothes and I have thousands of bootlickers who will blindly buy from me! Let me hire models and plan a fashion show--except oh, wait, I know fuck all about planning anything and can't make any decisions, so maybe a fashion show isn't the best idea. I'll just do a photoshoot, because that way I can slap some pictures up online with little effort yet still pretend I worked super hard on this project. I'm really nailing being a business woman!" 

I just cannot with this bullshit. She looked utterly incompetent in every scene. How can anyone take her seriously when she put zero forethought into this venture? She looks like a fool who believes she can magically procure a successful business just because she wants it, and not because she possesses any of the necessary skills to make it happen.

• Love 18

Amber couldn't handle being Leah's classroom mom much less plan a fashion show.  That's how she should start, planning classroom events. When she sees what it's like coordinating 18 sets of parents to send in food for a Halloween party, or a Thanksgiving feast (like I managed to do for both my kids), then she can think about planning a fashion show.  What a dope.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Okay weird that Bentley sleeps with Jenn. That's strange.

My 7 year old is a cuddler, and he doesn't like to sleep alone.  We have him starting out in his own bed, and he always ends up in mine next to me.  Then my husband ends up in his bed.  We bought a super nice queen mattress for him just because we know we will be in it too.  When he stays with my parents, it is the same deal - he sleeps with my mom.  It isn't weird, it is just that he doesn't want to sleep alone.  My 4 year old sleeps alone, and that's how he likes it.

I can't wait for Amber's online store to crash and burn.  She is clueless and lazy, two things a small business owner cannot be.  

• Love 4

Shame on me for thinking that Sophia's "friends" were hired for the party, except at least one had her face blurred out, so maybe Sophia can turn the crazy on and off like her mama.  Farrah can get along if she wants to, witness Paola and the two ladies she gave a makeover to on the after show.  But wow, throw in her parents and Simon and SMACKDOWN!

I have to admit that Cate looked the best I've seen her in maybe EVER when she was modeling the clothes from Amber's clothing line.  I hope she kept them, they were very flattering to her figure.  Macy's t-shirts were unimpressive. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

She may not have friends but she surely has classmates. I will bet a shiny quarter she has never seen one of those girls outside of school.

That poor little horsie looked utterly miserable. And Debra wore a belly shirt. Klassy.

I can't with Farrah.She's so awful to everyone. It doesn't matter what anyone says to her! She wants no conversation at all! If she says "hello" and you say "hello, how are you?" she's all "we're not talking about how I am all right? everyone knows that I am fabulous and if you are not here to do what I ask and not bring all your negativity into it then we are through here, thank you. Why are you still talking? THANK YOU". Her awfulness knows no bounds.

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, Lesia said:

Amber couldn't handle being Leah's classroom mom much less plan a fashion show.  That's how she should start, planning classroom events. When she sees what it's like coordinating 18 sets of parents to send in food for a Halloween party, or a Thanksgiving feast (like I managed to do for both my kids), then she can think about planning a fashion show.  What a dope.

Except Amber can't step inside Leah's school because she is a felon. Restrictions and all. 

Do we know if Jen is forcing Bentley to sleep with her or is it Bentley CHOOSING to sleep in his grandmother's bed? 

4 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

He said "sucker". That is what closed-caption said on my provider.  I have to watch this mess with CC on.  It is like studying a lost tribe of cave people or something. Can I get college credit for this?  

Sure. Kail did. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

My 7 year old is a cuddler, and he doesn't like to sleep alone.  We have him starting out in his own bed, and he always ends up in mine next to me.  Then my husband ends up in his bed.  We bought a super nice queen mattress for him just because we know we will be in it too.  When he stays with my parents, it is the same deal - he sleeps with my mom.  It isn't weird, it is just that he doesn't want to sleep alone.  My 4 year old sleeps alone, and that's how he likes it.

Except Maci said that Bentley CAN'T sleep in his own bed when he's over there. It's Jenn who's "making" him (probably guilt tripping. She's a nice lady, but I think she manipulates the kid a bit) sleep in her bed. He sleeps in his own bed at home, so I don't think it's an issue of him not wanting to sleep alone. 

9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Do we know if Jen is forcing Bentley to sleep with her or is it Bentley CHOOSING to sleep in his grandmother's bed? 

I don't think she's actually FORCING him. But I do think it's her preference, not his. The way Maci said it made it sound like Jenn WANTS him to sleep with her. It's no an issue of him not liking to sleep in his own bed, but that he CAN'T when he's over there. Being that Jenn isn't some evil tyrant, I think it's more of a passive aggressive thing. "Benny, can you sleep with Mimi tonight? I get so lonely. Let's watch movies and cuddle". Something like that. Not sure where Larry is at in all this. With the way the differ over Ryan, I can see him getting edged out for the grandkid, and he sleeps in the guest room. Jenn is a super nice lady, but she seems really co-dependent as well, and I think she sees Bentley as her do-over baby. 

• Love 6

RE: The after show...my take-away from that:

1) Cate and Maci can make anything look cheap. No wonder they always look the same.

2) Taylor got sick of the pocket thing so he thought "let's just add a tail!" and boom, it happened

3) Nessa saying "Taylor clearly thinks he's in great shape!" while he's walking the runway lolol that was awesome. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, monocles said:

I am probably the only person appreciating that Tupelo Honey shoutout, because I am literally only watching the show at this point to see how many Chattanooga locations I recognize per episode

Love Tupelo Honey. Best shrimp and grits I've ever had. 

5 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Ahhhhh ok! Thank you!! Honestly I have never heard sucker sound so much like fucker. It never occurred to me to put the CC on, which is a great idea. Hey, that would work particularly well over on Teen Mom 2 as I get lost in Corey's Boomhauer-esque segments.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Except Maci said that Bentley CAN'T sleep in his own bed when he's over there. It's Jenn who's "making" him (probably guilt tripping. She's a nice lady, but I think she manipulates the kid a bit) sleep in her bed. He sleeps in his own bed at home, so I don't think it's an issue of him not wanting to sleep alone. 

I don't think she's actually FORCING him. But I do think it's her preference, not his. The way Maci said it made it sound like Jenn WANTS him to sleep with her. It's no an issue of him not liking to sleep in his own bed, but that he CAN'T when he's over there. Being that Jenn isn't some evil tyrant, I think it's more of a passive aggressive thing. "Benny, can you sleep with Mimi tonight? I get so lonely. Let's watch movies and cuddle". Something like that. Not sure where Larry is at in all this. With the way the differ over Ryan, I can see him getting edged out for the grandkid, and he sleeps in the guest room. Jenn is a super nice lady, but she seems really co-dependent as well, and I think she sees Bentley as her do-over baby. 

Thank you for clarifying this for me. 

Yes, there is a difference between a parent with a child who for some reason has issues sleeping alone vs. a grandmother enticing, using guilt, or manipulating a child to sleep with her. I wanted to be sure that was the case before I posted that there is a major difference. It does sound like that is the case. If we go back to the episode where Larry was pissed at Ryan and he also vented about Jen and said she was giving Bentley an overt amount of attention while he was being pushed aside. 

26 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

RE: The after show...my take-away from that:

1) Cate and Maci can make anything look cheap. No wonder they always look the same.

2) Taylor got sick of the pocket thing so he thought "let's just add a tail!" and boom, it happened

3) Nessa saying "Taylor clearly thinks he's in great shape!" while he's walking the runway lolol that was awesome. 

Word. 

• Love 2