Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Let's Try To Get Along

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, saratothej said:

I can't believe I'm going to semi-defend Farrah, but here it goes: Debz is a freaking lunatic. I totally understood Farrah's annoyance with her when she was trying to show her a bunch of baby pictures while Farrah was trying to make the shirts.  Probably not the best time for a trip down memory lane. Seems like Deb is always doing weird things like that and Farrah has no patience for it, Deb should have learned that by now. I was surprised in that scene that Farrah didn't get more pissed...so, progress? Maybe? Or maybe because there was a bunch of 8 year olds nearby! 

I would support that Farrah not let Debz stay at her house when she visits because they just can't handle that much time together..BUT Farrah should have told Debz that beforehand.. And maybe she did and Deb chose not to remember. We never know.  Anyone find it odd that Deb proclaimed she CAN'T RENT A CAR! Why? Does she have zero dollars or no license or credit card? What else does it take? We know she's over 25, though she may not know that considering her decision to wear a belly shirt to a child's party. 

Farrah was unnecessarily rude to Michael, though.  

I have no doubt that Debra has done a lot in Farrah's childhood to make Farrah not be able to stand her and have resentment, but Farrah gets mad at literally ANYTHING anyone says to her. Debra said hi and Farrah was all "I don't need you saying hi to me right now so if you want to be negative you can leave".. what? I do think Deb only sticks around for the money she is given by Farrah which was admitted in the past for her plastic surgeries, but honestly can someoneeee stand up for themselves around that beast pleassse? Farrah can say anything she wants to her parents and they just say ok or i'm sorry. It's honestly more frustrating for me to watch her parents kiss her ass than it is for me to see how she talks to them. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I thought it was completely shitty of Maci to have that conversation about Jen on camera.  I can believe what she's saying is true, but I think Jen believes her and Maci have a special bond, so to hear "Jen needs a puppy or something" broadcast nationally probably hurt her, and rightfully so.  Also, I wonder how pissy Maci will be when Mack replaces her as all-time-favorite-girl of Ryans?  Especially if Mack and Ryan have a child together.  Then Bentley won't be the only grandchild to dote on and Maci can be upset that Jen doesn't care about Bentley now that *blank* has arrived.  Just have a little compassion for the woman who dearly loves her grandson and loves your other kids when she doesn't have to, bitch.   

Edited by eskimo
to clarify
  • Love 21

As I was watching Sophia's 8th birthday party I couldn't help but wonder if we'll see that brat on "My Super Sweet 16" in 8 more years.  We can listen to her berate Farrah for getting her the white $100,000 car when she clearly wanted the black (but doesn't deserve a 10-speed bike).

But honestly I do feel for Sophia, she has not been nurtured properly and her inability to relate to others is glaring to me.  She literally does not know what to do with herself so much of the time, so out comes the 'hey, look at me' behavior.  It makes her feel cool.  Farrah Abraham 2.0. 

As much as I can't stand Farrah, I would LOVE to get to see her relationship with her own daughter when Sophia is a teen and young adult.  Who will be worse as a child, Soph or Farrah, and who will be worse as a mother, Deb or Farrah?  I'm going to need to know this information. 

• Love 17

I don't remember if it was this episode or the other one they showed this week - but when Farrah comes home after Deb arrives, she lets four dogs out of one tiny kennel that was obviously designed for one small dog. With all her money she can't afford bigger kennels? Those dogs could barely turn around in there. I want someone to complain to the local animal welfare people about this. And that poor little pony, I can't even. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Heaven help me, I thought she looked ... good. I too liked the hair. I think I'm most glad that she's decided that Shelly Winters no longer = goals.

I thought she looked really good as well. The hairstyle was young and fun and better suited her than this overdone vamp thing she's been going for. She IS young, so stop trying to age yourself!

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Farrah constantly calls on her parents because she can. They and they alone put up with her shit time and again. She may verbally assault random service employees, Simon, or anyone else unfortunate enough to cross her path, but Debra and Michael are always there and keep coming back for more.

I think they come back because of Sophia. But Simon seems to be a real glutton for punishment too, and I can't quite figure out why HE keeps coming back. 

1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Taylor looks like a damn leprechaun. Every time they show him I expect him to giggle and say "it's magically delicious!"

He should lose the beard.

Haha, he does. And I generally love a beard on a man. But his is just so scraggly and wiry. Not cute. 

• Love 6

Hi! I'm a lurker who wants to chime in. I'm on maternity leave so I've spent way too much time watching TMOG and TM2, then reading all the forums while I'm nap trapped under my baby! I don't have anyone to talk to about this IRL and I'm so glad these forums exist :) sorry for the length, I've thought about this a lot!

• Farrah. I think Farrah probably had a very normal childhood and is a somewhat normal, albeit very rude, person day to day. Deb is somewhat crazy - and I haven't seen Being Deb yet - but I think she probably treats Sophia really well. She was acting like a normal grandma in the party scenes. Her wardrobe is atrocious though. The fights with Farrah are obviously insane and a big part of me suspects that Farrah and Deb are in cahoots to keep that reality tv money flowing. Too bad for poor Sophia, who has to witness it all. In normal daily life, I think Farrah is a bit obnoxious and rude but not the out of this world level we see on the show. Simon seems to be in on it. I think he and Farrah must have a relatively normal relationship off camera with the agreement that on camera they will fight about the engagement ring etc. 
  •  
  • Cate and Tyler. Kinko's Kathleen is a fraud but I think Cate got some real therapy somewhere, possibly at rehab, because she uses therapy speak. The stuff about boundaries with Butch is a good thing. Idk, I know she's lazy and bitchy on twitter, and feeds her kid crap, but I want to believe there is a part of Cate that truly wants and seeks a better life for her kid than she had. Why is it that everyone thinks Nova is at April's most of the time? Tyler is an idiot. Mostly I just feel sorry for these two about the shitty hand they got as kids. They need to grow up and have real jobs now though, they're adults.
  •  
  • Maci. The not knowing she was pregnant thing is inexcusable. Maybe for the first trimester, she probably hadn't gotten her post-Jayde period yet. But 20 weeks? That's nonsense. She definitely drinks too much. Lots of people drink several beers throughout the day, never getting drunk, so they think it's fine. But it's insidious and can lead to serious alcohol problems. She and Taylor probably bicker like anyone with two babies would do but I think their relationship is legit. I don't like the whole trap baby talk - if Taylor didn't want her to get pregnant, he should have wrapped it up. I think they were just careless, which is stupid, but they probably figured they loved each other and had plenty of money so it didn't matter. The whole Mack situation seems weird but I'm thinking she's probably just a not very bright woman who thought Ryan was cute and sees reality tv dollar signs. Ryan is on drugs. His parents mean well but I side with Maci on the holiday discussions. Jen and Larry are grandparents, not parents, and should be asking Maci directly, not through Bentley. 
  •  
  • Amber. Being Matt just highlighted how gross he is, and I think Amber knows it. I do not think she was amused by the corvette purchase and I suspect the two of them argue about money a lot. She just plain can't have very much money left, given how they spend it. I know a lot is a facade of rental homes and leased cars, but still, shit adds up. The ornament shit was ridiculous. Of course Leah considers Gary's house her home. Amber just wants to be considered a good mom without doing any of the work it takes to be a mom, much less a good mom. I do think she's on to Matt's shit, so her self esteem must be zero if she's continuing to stay with him. 

Does anyone know how much they get paid? The aftershows are so forced. The talk about them going glamping together and hijinks ensuing - these girls are primarily concerned with keeping the TM gravy train going. 

If anyone read this, thank you for letting me get it off my chest! LOL

• Love 20
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

I thought it was completely shitty of Maci to have that conversation about Jen on camera.  I can believe what she's saying is true, but I think Jen believes her and Maci have a special bond, so to hear "Jen needs a puppy or something" broadcast nationally probably hurt her, and rightfully so.  Also, I wonder how pissy Maci will be when Mack replaces her as all-time-favorite-girl of Ryans?  Especially if Mack and Ryan have a child together.  Then Bentley won't be the only grandchild to dote on and Maci can be upset that Jen doesn't care about Bentley now that *blank* has arrived.  Just have a little compassion for the woman who dearly loves her grandson and loves your other kids when she doesn't have to, bitch.   

Can't like this enough. No matter what, Maci is a bitch. No appreciation. She sure didn't mind how Jen was there for her when Maci needed a babysitter, likely because her own mother wasn't about to babysit so Maci can drink and fuck around. 

Welcome @Faul McCartney. Join us in the chat thread and let it all out if you have to. Maternity leave is a very rough and tiresome time. Joyful too, but definitely hard work. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Can't like this enough. No matter what, Maci is a bitch. No appreciation. She sure didn't mind how Jen was there for her when Maci needed a babysitter, likely because her own mother wasn't about to babysit so Maci can drink and fuck around. 

Welcome @Faul McCartney. Join us in the chat thread and let it all out if you have to. Maternity leave is a very rough and tiresome time. Joyful too, but definitely hard work. 

Thanks for the warm welcome! It is hard but I have a super cute baby, so that helps! ? Where is the chat thread?

• Love 4

Welcome, Faul McCartney

In answer to your question about Cate and Tyler, Cate admitted either on the show or one of the reunions that she was letting Nova have "sleepovers" at April's several nights a week. There was also an episode last season where they were swimming at April's and Cate ostensibly had a "panci attack" and had to quickly leave with her friend. She just left Nova there, didn't ask if it was okay, didn't tell the kid she would be back. It just seemed the most natural thing in the world. I don't know how often they're doing it now, though. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Welcome, Faul McCartney

In answer to your question about Cate and Tyler, Cate admitted either on the show or one of the reunions that she was letting Nova have "sleepovers" at April's several nights a week. There was also an episode last season where they were swimming at April's and Cate ostensibly had a "panci attack" and had to quickly leave with her friend. She just left Nova there, didn't ask if it was okay, didn't tell the kid she would be back. It just seemed the most natural thing in the world. I don't know how often they're doing it now, though. 

Welcome Faul McCartney!!! I would bold but I'm using a touch screen at the moment. Also congrats on your new baby! I'm a non parent viewer who watches these showns and it makes me feel a bit better about being a parent in the near future should it ever happen.

There was also moments last season or maybe the season before when Tyler's mom came over to Cate and Ty's place and asked where the baby was and they said she was with April. And Tyler's mom said something about how every time she came over the baby was never at Cate and Ty's. 

As for if the girls hang out in real life, I think Catelynn and Maci might be friends who hang out in real life? I think amber might sometimes. But I do think Maci and Cate might be actual real friends and Amber when they can and feel like they have to to keep the teen mom og thing but alas it's also those three against Farrah. And on that subject I said a lot on the last seasons reunion. 

• Love 2

There was also moments last season or maybe the season before when Tyler's mom came over to Cate and Ty's place and asked where the baby was and they said she was with April. And Tyler's mom said something about how every time she came over the baby was never at Cate and Ty's. 

To me, she doesn't seem to give two shits about Nova when she IS there.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

To me, she doesn't seem to give two shits about Nova when she IS there.

True that. I just thought it was worth mentioning that April watched Nova A LOT and also odd that it was April who watched her when cate always talked about the childhood she had. And I know april is clean how but it was always odd how Cate was always fine leaving her there.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I also started watching TMOG and TM2 on maternity leave! Welcome @Faul McCartney.

My kiddo just turned 6. It's a dangerous loop, although sometimes he asks to watch Teen Mom with me.  Lol.  Shit, that makes me a terrible mom.  I FF though the yelling parts. #mitigated

I've been watching since the beginning ? Sad! Parenthood definitely gives me all the extra feels about these shows. My also pregnant sister and I binge watched 16 and Pregnant last summer and mostly discussed how our daughters will be on the pill and how terrible it would be to have your kid become a teen parent. I regularly remind people in my Mommy & Me class that if these morons can manage to not kill their children, surely we can handle it!

I remember the barely supervised swimming at April's. I guess I just wanted to believe Cate wouldn't be so stupid as to leave her child with someone responsible for Cate's own abusive childhood. I had a great childhood but my sister still sucks in a way that is very similar to Cate. Why can't they just DO BETTER?!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, saratothej said:

Can't blame Maci for being drunk all the time. You'd have to be to look at Taylor in his shirt dresses all day. 

I totally agree, Farrah has no reason to lash out at Deb 99% of the time. I just felt in that one scene where Farrah's messing with the shirts, Deb should have been able to take a hint. They are all so damn weird and delusional, I don't know what to say anymore! 

Well, when Farrah was a teen and came to Deb begging for an abortion, Deb refused to help her. I think Farrah still hates that Deb wouldn't help her, so she initially kept Sophia (rather than placing her for adoption as Deb suggested) partly to stick it to Deb. I think now that Farrah's the one with the money and "fame," she's in a position to punish Deb so to speak. She's awful to Deb as a way to punish her for whatever happened during her childhood & Deb not helping her get an abortion because she can now that she's the one with the money and fame.

5 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

Anytime I start to feel any kinds of bad for Michael or Deborah, I remember they raised this deplorable person, and the way she treats them is certainly a result of her upbringing ('cause if my kids even DREAMED of talking to me like she does, they'd better wake up apologizing), which they're responsible for. And if they REALLY wanted respect, and this includes Simon, they'd stop (especially Deborah) selling their dignity to stay on Tee$Vee$ and in the mix of all the Farrah appearances.

Amen.

And if Deb is really so awful, then Farah needs to cut her out of their lives. The warped codependency in this family is insane. 

• Love 12

Also, Farrah's bitching about the photos is so dumb. I'm in my early 30s and I remember how expensive film and development was. Of course there's not as many pictures as Farrah has of Sophia. I take pictures of my daughter literally all day because I can for free! ??‍♀️

• Love 9
2 hours ago, poopchute said:

Wait. Catelyn went to a professional hair stylist and the stylist didn't advise her to do something else with that hunk of bangs?

It didn't look all that "professional".  The salon was one small step above a SuperCuts.

Catelynn needs to Google "Celebrities with Fivehead" and find hairstyles that complement her forehead - or -- just shower/wash her hair.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

It didn't look all that "professional".  The salon was one small step above a SuperCuts.

Catelynn needs to Google "Celebrities with Fivehead" and find hairstyles that complement her forehead - or -- just shower/wash her hair.

It doesn't really matter what she does. She needs to start off with washing her hair on a more regular basis. You'd think with years on camera she'd take a shower before they film her. She's disgusting. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

No, it's not anymore. Maci rolled away on it.

lol  I can't stop laughing!!!

5 hours ago, Faul McCartney said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! It is hard but I have a super cute baby, so that helps! ? Where is the chat thread?

I will tag you on it. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Faul McCartney said:

I've been watching since the beginning ? Sad! Parenthood definitely gives me all the extra feels about these shows. My also pregnant sister and I binge watched 16 and Pregnant last summer and mostly discussed how our daughters will be on the pill and how terrible it would be to have your kid become a teen parent. I regularly remind people in my Mommy & Me class that if these morons can manage to not kill their children, surely we can handle it!

I watched all the 16 and Pregnant episodes with my son when he was a teen. Every so often, when someone was being especially thick or wrongheaded, I'd look at him and ask "are any of the girls at your school this dumb?". He'd look at me with pity and snort "NO!"

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I watched all the 16 and Pregnant episodes with my son when he was a teen. Every so often, when someone was being especially thick or wrongheaded, I'd look at him and ask "are any of the girls at your school this dumb?". He'd look at me with pity and snort "NO!"

Good for you! I actually think it should be required viewing in middle and high schools. Each episode is the same - 1) "I didn't want to take birth control because it would make me fat/I didn't think I could get pregnant because we'd been having sex for awhile and I hadn't gotten pregnant yet" ?, 2) "we're going to be a family" (often throwing in "like I never had"), 3) "I'm eight months pregnant and starting to worry about money" so one of them finally looks for a job, 4) loser boyfriend disappoints during the birth and immediate post partum period, 5) fight fight fight, 6) breakup and girl voice over or skype interview saying "I never thought it would be like this, it's way harder than I thought, I wish I had waited" etc. 

Honestly, it's mostly just sad. I have a wonderful family, a great job, a loving and attentive husband who does more around the house than I do, and having a baby is still SO HARD. I cannot even imagine doing it as a single teenage mother. My daughter will be raised knowing that teen parenthood is 100% unacceptable in our household. I truly believe it ruins lives - the teen's, often her parents' lives and/or marriage, the siblings that get ignored as everyone tries to deal with the catastrophe that is having your 16 year old become a mother. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Faul McCartney said:

Good for you! I actually think it should be required viewing in middle and high schools. Each episode is the same - 1) "I didn't want to take birth control because it would make me fat/I didn't think I could get pregnant because we'd been having sex for awhile and I hadn't gotten pregnant yet" ?, 2) "we're going to be a family" (often throwing in "like I never had"), 3) "I'm eight months pregnant and starting to worry about money" so one of them finally looks for a job, 4) loser boyfriend disappoints during the birth and immediate post partum period, 5) fight fight fight, 6) breakup and girl voice over or skype interview saying "I never thought it would be like this, it's way harder than I thought, I wish I had waited" etc. 

Hee! I didn't make him watch, I hasten to say. He's been my viewing buddy of trashy TV since he was pretty little. We've seen it all. He doesn't have as much time for it anymore, so I've co-opted one of his friends. she and I watch Teem Mom, Teen Mom 2, Say Yes to the Dress--plus I've turned her on to Absolutely Fabulous. Its a win win!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Faul McCartney said:

Also, Farrah's bitching about the photos is so dumb. I'm in my early 30s and I remember how expensive film and development was. Of course there's not as many pictures as Farrah has of Sophia. I take pictures of my daughter literally all day because I can for free!

See, that's what I was originally thinking. Quit bitching about the lack of photos, it wasn't as easy/affordable as it is now. But sometimes the Farrah World-Salad makes it easy to confuse what she means. On the aftershow, Nessa brought it up and said basically what you did, and Farrah said something about there were TONS of photos, in albums, but that Deb was getting rid of them, or putting them away? Not sure, with the weird wording she uses. I could see Deb doing some passive aggressive, crazy shit like throwing away baby pictures because you yelled at her. They're all fucking crazy!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

See, that's what I was originally thinking. Quit bitching about the lack of photos, it wasn't as easy/affordable as it is now. But sometimes the Farrah World-Salad makes it easy to confuse what she means. On the aftershow, Nessa brought it up and said basically what you did, and Farrah said something about there were TONS of photos, in albums, but that Deb was getting rid of them, or putting them away? Not sure, with the weird wording she uses. I could see Deb doing some passive aggressive, crazy shit like throwing away baby pictures because you yelled at her. They're all fucking crazy!

Yeah, Farrah did say on the after show that Deb had gotten rid of some of the pictures. I think she also said that Deb doesn't display any family pictures in her house.  Deb was kind of talking over her when she said that so it was kind of hard to catch.  I can totally see Deb taking down all of Farrah's pictures when she's mad at her. Or maybe Dr. Fiance told her to do it.  Also, wouldn't put it past Deb to sell Farrah's childhood photos to someone else if she needs cash.  Dysfunction at its finest.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yeah, I'm watching Being Deb now and I rescind my prior comments. Deb is absolutely nutso. A rap song?! WTF

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, BXD said:

To be fair though, we have also seen Maci cook on several occasions, I would even say more so than any of the others.

More like on rare occasions. Since the beginning of this show, Maci has popped food in the microwave and has had way too many scenes of her and her various boyfriends eating take out food at home. There are the countless scenes of them at the restaurants, too. With the babies, I am guessing more take out food than going to restaurants at this stage. It doesn't make a whole lotta sense for a mother who does not work outside of the home, and who has her children at a daycare facility, to not be cooking homemade meals. I recall the times she put waffles in the microwave, made macaroni and cheese from a box, and pizza being the main meal. 

The others don't cook that often but they also don't have their children in their care that often. Amber and Matt have no children in their home. Catelynn and Tyler don't have Nova all that often since she lives with April. Farrah owns businesses. She works. Maci doesn't work. Maci is the one who has her kids full-time. She should be cooking meals since she chooses to be at home. 

I take everything Maci says with a grain of salt. She lies and manipulates as much as the other teen moms. If there are concerns with Bentley having to sleep with Jen, then bring it up with Larry, Jen, Rhine, and McKenzie off camera. Way to go, embarrass your 8 year old kid on tv. The thing that pisses me off about Maci is her storyline is always about what someone else is doing wrong, she's more than happy to expose everyone but herself. If Jen is a clingy grandparent, which is probably true to some degree, then go to the source and stop pulling the passive-aggressive bullshit you are so well known for, bitch. 

ITA. 

• Love 6
On 5/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, Faul McCartney said:

Honestly, it's mostly just sad. I have a wonderful family, a great job, a loving and attentive husband who does more around the house than I do, and having a baby is still SO HARD. I cannot even imagine doing it as a single teenage mother. My daughter will be raised knowing that teen parenthood is 100% unacceptable in our household. I truly believe it ruins lives - the teen's, often her parents' lives and/or marriage, the siblings that get ignored as everyone tries to deal with the catastrophe that is having your 16 year old become a mother. 

PREACH! 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/10/2017 at 11:47 AM, lidarose9 said:

I don't remember if it was this episode or the other one they showed this week - but when Farrah comes home after Deb arrives, she lets four dogs out of one tiny kennel that was obviously designed for one small dog. With all her money she can't afford bigger kennels? Those dogs could barely turn around in there. I want someone to complain to the local animal welfare people about this. And that poor little pony, I can't even. 

I chalked it up to laziness on Farrah's part.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:24 PM, poopchute said:

Wait. Catelyn went to a professional hair stylist and the stylist didn't advise her to do something else with that hunk of bangs?

Sadly it doesn't necessarily mean that she took the stylists advice.

Hello @Faul McCartney! Love your posts and you are going to fit in well here!

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
Saying hi to Faul
  • Love 3

Farrah's treatment of animals (and people) makes me sick.   I couldn't believe she had the four dogs in that one small crate.  Seeing the pony running around like crazy after being let out of it's "pen" was so sad.  Starburst needs to be on a farm, in a pasture not being spray painted and covered in glitter.  

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, poeticlicensed said:

wait, so you invite your mother to visit, then tell her she can't stay with you after she gets there, needs to move into a hotel and rent a car? that is seriously fucked up. 

My mouth was on the floor through that entire scene.  WTF?  I couldn't imagine treating my mother that way.  I mean, I know Debra is insane (which is likely why Farrah is so fucked up) but...she flew out there to visit them.  Farrah and Sophia live in that giant house with plenty of space.  I would've assumed I was staying with them too.  Farrah is a fucking monster for the way she treats her parents.  If they were horrible enough to justify her treating them that way when she was a child she has no business having Sophia anywhere near them.

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, mamadrama said:

I can't snark too much on Bentley sleeping with Jenn. My 5-year-old daughter sleeps on her own just fine. In fact, she prefers it. My 9-year-old son, however, has never been able to get to sleep on his own. If he falls asleep someplace then my husband will move him to his bed. Sometimes he sleeps through the night, sometimes he doesn't. He basically still sleeps with us. Because he is now older, however, we are slowly starting to wean him to his own space. It's a slow process. Different cultures and families have different ways of doing things. My mom grew up with 13 siblings. She slept 4 to a bed until she left for boarding school at the age of 11. At that point, she made her roommate sleep with her for the first year because she wasn't used to being alone. 

Except Bentley sleeps on his own everywhere else and by Maci's tone it sounds like he WANTS to sleep in his own room but Jenn won't let him.  From what I've seen of Jenn, I'm inclined to believe Maci.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, GreatKazu said:

Maci is a lush.

Butch: "I can't seem to get motivated."

You are in the right house, Butch.

If I had two under two and an eight year old at home, I'd be drinking at night too.   I've never seen Maci or Taylor look drunk in their scenes so I don't get what's so scandalous about having a beer with dinner.   She was dead wrong for drinking while pregnant, obviously, and has had her fair share of partying (which I give her a pass for, seeing how she's in her early twenties) but I think all this "Maci and Taylor are lushes!  Someone call CPS!" is a bit hyperbolic.

• Love 10
(edited)

She was dead wrong for drinking while pregnant, obviously, and has had her fair share of partying

No one is asking that CPS be called. No one posted such a comment.

Maci has her kids in daycare. Scenes of her mentioning that fact have happened on several episodes. 

Maci could not refrain from drinking alcohol during her pregnancy, which most people seem to believe she did,  tells me that it is more than just having a glass of alcohol at the end of a hard day's work. I have known functioning alcoholics who were able to go to work and maintain a home. They were not falling down drunk either. It is not only alcoholics who fall down drunk. In my 50+ years I have seen enough people on the ground after having too much to drink. No one has implied Maci is an alcoholic or that she is falling down drunk. I use the word lush because she obviously loves her beers. It has never been said her beer drinking is interfering with her daily tasks. I just won't get on board with the idea that Maci has her hands full from tending to her children when she herself has said more than once her kids are in daycare first thing in the morning. I maintain that there might be a problem if someone could not refrain from drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

My mouth was on the floor through that entire scene.  WTF?  I couldn't imagine treating my mother that way.  I mean, I know Debra is insane (which is likely why Farrah is so fucked up) but...she flew out there to visit them.  Farrah and Sophia live in that giant house with plenty of space.  I would've assumed I was staying with them too.  Farrah is a fucking monster for the way she treats her parents.  If they were horrible enough to justify her treating them that way when she was a child she has no business having Sophia anywhere near them.

I have mentioned this very thing myself. I don't understand why Farrah demands her parents' help when all she does is shit on them. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I maintain that there might be a problem if someone could not refrain from drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. 

But I think "could not" and "didn't want to" are two different things. I'm more inclined to believe she just didn't feel it was necessary and didn't see the need to deprive herself of a good time, not that she legit was unable to.

• Love 1
Just now, BXD said:

But I think "could not" and "didn't want to" are two different things. I'm more inclined to believe she just didn't feel it was necessary and didn't see the need to deprive herself of a good time, not that she legit was unable to.

Or could be both? She didn't want to stop drinking while pregnant because she could not deal with how it felt to not have beer on a daily basis. : )

• Love 2

It the 2010s. Americans have known fully of the dangerous of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome for more than two generations.  Maci made the conscious and willful decision to consume alcohol while pregnant -- knowing the risks. She was that desperate to keep Taylor (who the fuck knows why).  To be the embodiment of the "Cool Girl" monologue in Gone Girl, Maci put the health of her baby at risk.  She's one of the biggest pieces of shit in this entire series. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

No one is asking that CPS be called. No one posted such a comment.

Maci has her kids in daycare. Scenes of her mentioning that fact have happened on several episodes. 

Maci could not refrain from drinking alcohol during her pregnancy, which most people seem to believe she did,  tells me that it is more than just having a glass of alcohol at the end of a hard day's work. I have known functioning alcoholics who were able to go to work and maintain a home. They were not falling down drunk either. It is not only alcoholics who fall down drunk. In my 50+ years I have seen enough people on the ground after having too much to drink. No one has implied Maci is an alcoholic or that she is falling down drunk. I use the word lush because she obviously loves her beers. It has never been said her beer drinking is interfering with her daily tasks. I just won't get on board with the idea that Maci has her hands full from tending to her children when she herself has said more than once her kids are in daycare first thing in the morning. I maintain that there might be a problem if someone could not refrain from drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. 

I have mentioned this very thing myself. I don't understand why Farrah demands her parents' help when all she does is shit on them. 

Okay, don't take this personally.  I really like you and I'm simply responding to your statement.  "No one has implied Maci is an alcoholic..."  My original post was in response to you literally saying "Maci is a lush."  In my experience, "lush" can be used interchangeably with "alcoholic."  It means the same thing.  And if someone is able to handle their alcohol and it doesn't affect their daily life at all, I'd say they're actually NOT an alcoholic (or lush.)  There are plenty of people out there who have a glass of wine every night or with dinner every day. 

• Love 4

There's NO excuse for drinking while pregnant and I find it totally shameful. But I'm not sure she did it because she just couldn't stop. Because there weren't really any sightings later on. I think she kept on drinking because she was desperately trying to keep the pregnancy under wraps until she got her proposal. She didn't want anyone speculating. In fact, I often wondered if she didn't keep Taylor in the dark for a large portion of her pregnancy. Again, I'm not saying that's an excuse. It's not. But I don't think there's necessarily a dependency issue here, and I don't really have an issue with her CURRENT intake of alcohol. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

There's NO excuse for drinking while pregnant and I find it totally shameful. But I'm not sure she did it because she just couldn't stop. Because there weren't really any sightings later on. I think she kept on drinking because she was desperately trying to keep the pregnancy under wraps until she got her proposal. She didn't want anyone speculating. In fact, I often wondered if she didn't keep Taylor in the dark for a large portion of her pregnancy. Again, I'm not saying that's an excuse. It's not. But I don't think there's necessarily a dependency issue here, and I don't really have an issue with her CURRENT intake of alcohol. 

I believe Taylor had no idea she was pregnant. He seems like a good stepdad/dad and wouldn't want his baby to have issues. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, GreatKazu said:

I think it is Farrah who is hamming it up for the cameras. She takes the opportunity to treat Deb the way she does because the cameras are there.  I think Farrah takes advantage of the cameras to exert her anger at the people she feels have slighted her or who have offended her by their mere existence.  Going by the examples posted above, Farrah's victims are not being offensive or annoying. Farrah is triggered by some slight and it is on. That says more about Farrah than it does about the person on the receiving end of her tirades. I recall a YouTube video of Farrah going after a cell phone employee. Farrah wasn't aware some customer caught her on their cell phone. She was downright cruel to that employee, degrading them and belittling them. She ranted how her child is sitting alone in her car and somehow that is the employee's fault. 

Yes, she has cooked. We had a conversation about her cooking a few seasons ago, but it was more about her lack of cooking. Maci has "served" more fast food than she has ever cooked. In one season, MTV films them for at least one week. They may film twice a month. In that period of time Maci and Bentley ate more pizza, nachos, burritos and Asian food from fast food places than she has cooked. That doesn't count the times they eat out. I think I can count on one hand the times she has cooked in all these seven years. I don't have enough hands for all the times they ate fast food in or out somewhere at a restaurant. For someone who is a SAHM, there is not a lot of cooking going on by Maci. 

I will take Kyle King's word that Maci is white trash. It has been my feeling about her for the longest. She just does a better job of making herself look like the princess of Chattanooga. 

Well shit, I'm just jealous that she eats all that fast food, drinks like a fish and has had three babies, yet stays skinny as a damn rail. 

Life is certainly not fair.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:08 AM, CofCinci said:

I think this is created drama for the series and all the players (Maci, Jen and Larry) are scheming together to keep their storyline alive. Maci and Chelsea are pretty boring and are at risk for being cut from the series. Jen would be very hurt if these were real scenes. 

I agree.  Maci has an awesome relationship with the Edwards.  That simply wouldn't be the case if she was the evil, manipulative bitch constantly scheming to keep Bentley away from them that so many posters here keep insisting she is.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I believe Taylor had no idea she was pregnant. He seems like a good stepdad/dad and wouldn't want his baby to have issues. 

I don't believe Taylor would condone Maci drinking beer while pregnant. Then again, I don't have much to base my opinion on other than the guy I see on the show. It is just a feeling I have. I have always felt Maci was trying to keep her pregnancy from Taylor. She is deceitful at the very least. However, I do think she continued the drinking, but did so when Taylor was not home and she kept from taking any photos of her beers to post on social media.

And if someone is able to handle their alcohol and it doesn't affect their daily life at all, I'd say they're actually NOT an alcoholic (or lush.) 

@lezlers I have to respectfully disagree. A high-functioning alcoholic (HFA) is an alcoholic who is able to maintain their outside life such as jobs, academics, relationships, etc. – all while drinking. The classic picture of an alcoholic by the public is someone who is always drinking and drinking way too much and whose life is falling apart at the seams because of their drinking But not all problem drinking fits that mold. At my work we see professional people and SAHM and SAHF who fit the HFA group. No one would ever expect them to be an alcoholic or addict. That is not to say Maci is an alcoholic, but just merely to clear up the misconception that someone who is able to handle their private life and work life could not be an alcoholic. I had a relative who was an alcoholic for decades. It was when he received news about his health that the truth came out. He held a high position at a well-known company in our area. Never did he find himself in trouble nor was he in any financial trouble. His wife said she was shocked to find out about his alcoholism as she thought an alcoholic would be one who couldn't function. 

There are several definitions of lush. One of them is to cause to get drunk. Maci has been drunk. She may not be drunk on the show, but she has been drunk at least once and that was when she was in Vegas for her bachelorette party. She was pushing Taylor about marrying her. She seemed to have been beyond buzzed, Maci is not pounding beers at social events in order to get a full bladder. Obviously the goal is to socialize and get buzzed or drunk. Chugging beers with Taylor and her friends, mentioning how her parents would be upset to see her drinking the way she does, and asking MTV to not air the footage, was pretty telling. I posted on another thread the fight Maci and Kyle King got into when they were in California. The article I linked mentioned the hotel management having to remove them from the hotel because of the fighting that was going on. I would guess Maci is not only mean girl, but she is a mean drunk at the very least. 

I really hate this whole Maci vs the Edwards storyline simply because it doesn't have to be this major storyline that it has been made out to be. If Maci is too dumb to sit there and get this straightened out by communicating with the Edwards, it only makes me think how well she communicates with Taylor. It seems she couldn't even communicate to him that she was pregnant for the longest time. I think the real story is the one between Maci and Taylor. Maci is using the Ryan/Jen/Larry storyline to cover up something she doesn't want MTV to see. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Faul McCartney said:

Man when I was on maternity leave I couldn't wait to go back to work.  Now that I'm back at work I miss being on leave.  Only when my babies were babies tho.  You know, when you can plop them down on a blanket and watch trash tv while they play happily, not when they're toddlers and silence becomes a terrifying realization that something horrific is probably happening in another area of the house.  You're in the sweet spot girl, enjoy the hell out of it. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled snarking  ;) 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I don't believe Taylor would condone Maci drinking beer while pregnant. Then again, I don't have much to base my opinion on other than the guy I see on the show. It is just a feeling I have. I have always felt Maci was trying to keep her pregnancy from Taylor. She is deceitful at the very least. However, I do think she continued the drinking, but did so when Taylor was not home and she kept from taking any photos of her beers to post on social media.

@lezlers I have to respectfully disagree. A high-functioning alcoholic (HFA) is an alcoholic who is able to maintain their outside life such as jobs, academics, relationships, etc. – all while drinking. The classic picture of an alcoholic by the public is someone who is always drinking and drinking way too much and whose life is falling apart at the seams because of their drinking But not all problem drinking fits that mold. At my work we see professional people and SAHM and SAHF who fit the HFA group. No one would ever expect them to be an alcoholic or addict. That is not to say Maci is an alcoholic, but just merely to clear up the misconception that someone who is able to handle their private life and work life is not an alcoholic. 

There are several definitions of lush. One of them is to cause to get drunk. Maci has been drunk. She may not be drunk on the show, but she is not pounding beers at social events in order to get a full bladder. Obviously the goal is to socialize and get buzzed or drunk. Chugging beers with Taylor and her friends, mentioning how her parents would be upset to see her drinking the way she does, and asking MTV to not air the footage, was pretty telling. I posted on another thread the fight Maci and Kyle King got into when they were in California. The article I linked mentioned the hotel management having to remove them from the hotel because of the fighting that was going on. I would guess Maci is not only mean girl, but she is a mean drunk at the very least. 

I really hate this whole Maci vs the Edwards storyline simply because it doesn't have to be this major storyline that it has been made out to be. If Maci is too dumb to sit there and get this straightened out by communicating with the Edwards, it only makes me think how well she communicates with Taylor. It seems she couldn't even communicate to him that she was pregnant for the longest time. I think the real story is the one between Maci and Taylor. Maci is using the Ryan/Jen/Larry storyline to cover up something she doesn't want MTV to see. 

Oh, I know highly functioning alcoholics exist, I've known a few in my life.  What I'm curious about it, what makes someone a HFA, vs. someone who just enjoys having a drink at night to relax?  There are plenty of people who enjoy a nightly glass of wine, and no one is accusing them of being a HFA.  I'm just curious what the distinction is.

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Oh, I know highly functioning alcoholics exist, I've known a few in my life.  What I'm curious about it, what makes someone a HFA, vs. someone who just enjoys having a drink at night to relax?  There are plenty of people who enjoy a nightly glass of wine, and no one is accusing them of being a HFA.  I'm just curious what the distinction is.

I look at the bigger picture. If we are talking about Maci, she drinks more than just to relax at the end of the day since she has been filmed drinking at various events, social events, gatherings, while out at a restaurant, and while out on vacation or away from home and has been accused of being so drunk that she needed to be removed from a hotel.  Things have happened on camera and who knows what has happened when the cameras are gone and what happens behind closed doors. 

I don't begrudge any person from enjoying themselves by drinking while socializing. I do it from time to time. But I never drank alcohol, soda nor did I ingest medicine unless ordered to by my doctor when I was pregnant with all my children. I question a young mother who has been caught drinking while hiding a pregnancy from her boyfriend, the person who should know about his girlfriend carrying his child That same mother puts her two children in daycare has me wondering what the reason is since she does not work outside of the house. Running to the post office doesn't qualify as a full-time job. If Maci does drink during the day, perhaps it is best her children are in the care of other adults who can care for them. It is easy to say Maci used a trap baby to secure Taylor to her, but I have to wonder what is the real problem that she felt the need to do such a thing not once, but twice! IMO if one cannot bother to stop  drinking while pregnant, it signals a dilemma to me. It might not be to anyone else, but that is my feeling. There might be issues in the marriage that Maci has been hiding and deflecting by using the Bentley storyline. Whatever her problems are, I cannot say, but it is a red flag. Sometimes red flags aren't always that obvious. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7