Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E03: Week 3: Vegas Night

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

It's really too bad Charo was unbearably annoying, because she was actually a decent dancer. I would LOVE to see a senior citizen win. Tommy Chong came the closest and he was very entertaining.

I'm wondering how Dick Van Dyke would do on the show.  I think he would be entertaining and I believe he still can dance.

• Love 9

I got a laugh out of Bonner the bull-riding cowboy wearing those Bieber diaper pants in rehearsal. I don't know what kind of ballroom dance "Magic Mike" is, but David Ross made the most of it. Plus I loved that instead of doing the traditional shirtless-man thing, he was wearing an abs t-shirt for his chest reveal. Then Rizzo tweeting "Speechless. And a bit horrified" made me laugh so hard, I laughed all the way through commercial break. Thanks, show, I needed that. I do wonder if Bruno had nerve enough to meet Charo in the parking lot though. Hope to see that on TMZ.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

Unfortunately I am still finding this season really boring. Vegas week was not very exciting.  This is the first time I have seen any personality from Nancy.  I enjoyed her tonight and thought Artem fangirling over Ricki Martin  was hilarious.

Bonner is not appealing to me. All I kept thinking while he was dancing was "James would have knocked that dance out of the park".

I still like Rashad, not his best but I didn't think it was as bad as the judges thought.  

I liked Normani and her engery.  Dave, well, I cringed with embarrassment but I still like him and give him props for even going out there and doing it.

I think my problem really is the music choices for certain dances.  Some dances just don't go with the flow of the music and it just takes me out of the dance.

I miss James so much.  I enjoyed his partnership with Sharna so much.  This "shomance" they are trying to shove down our throats with Bonner is boring and annoying.  And he can't dance.  Oh how I miss James. 

• Love 8

It's part of Charo's schtick to butcher words.  In this old interview you will see how accomplished she is at Flamenco guitar, how her nose looks quite different, and you'll hear her use the word "suc-sex" instead of success.  I've heard her say "misconscrew" several times.

1. so I got knocked out by the complete body aches from a bug going around my home. I basically watched laid out on my couch and don't remember everything I saw , so I had to  hit the old youtube to refresh my memory. I now know why I didn't remember half of the show ..

Bachelor guy is trying. I'll give him that. He's in the neither here no there category for me. He's fodder so good on him for the effort

Mr T... another one trying and another neither here no there contestant...

Bonner... are we supposed to spot him 2 points for his injury?  I also notice the time keeps getting less between him doing the show and his recovery I first heard 14 months now its 12. Didn't James code and have to learn to walk again? Yet he had the fluidity of a pro. Dude, dancing is probably not your thing injury or not.

Heather (that body had two babies!)   loved it! Tight and right. I  know what they were going for with the Brittney  theme but would have loved to see her in a classic black tango design with some Piazzola for the music

Simone  I liked her! Fun  frame was solid. clearly she's getting the votes (which is probably why her scores are what they are)

Nancy nice relaxed samba (Jullianes best ever in a long time I beg to diffa) I liked Lauries with Val and Mks last season and she had the added benefit of the samba rolls which I LOVE!   I suspect Votes for Nancy are tepid right now

Normani    loved it ! Just enough entertainment and dance

Not much to comment on the rest. The scores for magic Mike were nuts. Where was the actual dance as a pair to judge? Football player deserved this weeks scores last week too...

Real talk  Normani is most likely running away with the votes, Simone may be up there as well, somehow I think Laurie may have taken some of that thunder. I used to think Heather would be the surprise boot but I think it could be Nancy. I've sniffed around the interwebs, and I think Heather may be doing better in the votes than I thought.  My daughter an old Glee fan,  but who also loves Normani and Simone, said the only dance from last night she would watch again is Heathers. (she's not glued to DWTS but watches the highlights) The Britney thing was a Glee thing and Naya (Heathers Glee  girlfriend)  was in the audiencece to the delight of Glee  enthusiasts who weren't paying as much attention until now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sstt said:

charo looked so diff in this pic , did she have work done?

d9a658e2542b3308cf6df52628c94a1a.jpg

Hey, who's that guy Charo's with? (Kidding! Just kidding!)

As to Bonner and Sharna and their "chemistry," I suppose Bonner could be used as an example of an inert element.

• Love 5

Charo's son, actor/producer, Shel Rasten, was in the audience.  Looks like he likes the cosmetic surgeon's office too.

22 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Erika's jive was fine, but for some reason I can't get into her dancing.

Maybe because she couldn't either?

• Love 2

Favorite of the night was Nancy, hands down.  Nice to see Kristi Y. In the audience.  

I love David's enthusiasm...so much fun to watch, but what the heck style of ballroom dancing was that?  They just don't tell us anymore unless it's mentioned in the rehearsal package or by the judges.  Tell us, show!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, limecoke said:

Favorite of the night was Nancy, hands down.  Nice to see Kristi Y. In the audience.  

I love David's enthusiasm...so much fun to watch, but what the heck style of ballroom dancing was that?  They just don't tell us anymore unless it's mentioned in the rehearsal package or by the judges.  Tell us, show!!

Apparently David's dance was a jazz routine...according to the performance video on the Dancing with the Stars Youtube page. I guess that sort of makes sense lol. 

I felt like I was watching a different show listening to the judges praise David and his magic mike routine. What an utter hot mess. He seems nice and all but I was mortified for him.

my fav was Nancys. She really came out of her shell. And Normani was really good but I agree that there is something off with her chemistry with Val (someone mentioned that).

Heather looked amazing in that outfit. I had body envy. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TiredMe said:

I felt like I was watching a different show listening to the judges praise David and his magic mike routine. What an utter hot mess. He seems nice and all but I was mortified for him.

my fav was Nancys. She really came out of her shell. And Normani was really good but I agree that there is something off with her chemistry with Val (someone mentioned that).

Heather looked amazing in that outfit. I had body envy. 

I always think it's funny how people interpret/feel dance performances so differently.  I think Val and Normani exude plenty of chemistry on the dance floor.  I keep reading about how she should look at Val more.  If she looked at him any more than she does, she'll never include the audience.  Bringing the audience into a ballroom routine (especially a fun/fast one) appears to be the norm.  Look at how much Artem not only engaged the studio audience but the TV audience as well.  I liked it but I was sure someone was going to say something about him not relating to Nancy but they haven't.

For me, the only couple who has more dance chemistry than Normani/Val is Rashad/Emma.

• Love 5

Thoughts on contestants for week 3 (in alphabetical order):

Heather & Maks/Alan - thought it was a physical tango, and that she showed a measure of aggression and dominance throughout. Fast, sharp kicks, thought there were lots of direction changes, and that she kept a firm, consistent frame as Alan's hand didn't slide when they checked/stopped their motion. Think with time she'll engage her core a bit when extending her arms out (solo at the top) and that her shoulder rolls will loosen even more (and maybe keep a higher eyeline). Though she felt the music well throughout, within the last 13 seconds of the performance, thought she started to feel the power of the lyrics and that she let it propel her to the very end, culminating in an intimidating finale stare down of Alan.

Nancy & Artem – nice to see a live party fill the whole of the studio; her sensuous stage trio with Haley and Brittany, bouncy botofogo/rolling off the arm with a sliding Artem; impelled by the inviting music, liked how the couple paraded up front and shared both studio corners with the audience. A vast improvement from her cha cha, liked how her body didn't feel hesitant and forced as in previous weeks. Perhaps not allowed to show anger in early life, &/or didn't feel empowered by dominant parent, &/or parent/authority figure having anger issues - hope she can feel assertive moving through life; think she still has a reservoir of untapped potential. Though the batucada seemed a bit timid, overall, thought she came out, had a great time, and convinced the audience to join in on the fun-filled occasion.

Normani & Val - nice to see her oily shoulders and familiar, classy arm lines back in the routine; her flexibility with the high kick in the dance was also a welcome addition to see (maybe supporting leg could be straightened a bit). Thought it was a smooth, stylish foxtrot, with a dramatic story line plotted so that it allowed her to express her sass/moodiness with ease. Its nice to see that she has a lot of power in her movement as well, and that it should help her down the line; if there could also be a hair more finesse/refined control (opening of both arms/head flick without top line wobbling, etc), think it will enhance her performances even more. Though missed a bit of the beautiful bigs/nice slows in hold, thought it was nonetheless a fun, theatrical routine that suited her personality.

Rashad & Emma – despite it being Las Vegas night, thought it was a clubby, cool Miami feel to the routine. It was nice to see his body rolls and effortless hip movement in action, and think they can be reintroduced in further dances (salsa). Thought the choreography allowed the judges to see that he can feel the music well and allow it to travel through his body. Also think the music created a subdued, quiet celebration for such a lively dance, leaving one waiting/wanting for the performance to take off. Though difficult at first glance, thought it was nice of Carrie Ann to read the slight disjointed, stylistic ebb/flow of his routine. Nonetheless, looking forward to their next dance and think the couple will continue to build from this experience.

Simone and Sasha - it was nice to see how they skimmed the floor with ease from stage to stage with the running steps at the top. Thought they traveled with control across the studio and maximized the floor space; calm top line and she showed no hesitation throughout. Maybe there were a few tiny moments where the natural arch should've continue a bit more from her back, neck and head in hold, as the head seemed to of ended a bit vertical in few, rare instances; but for the most part thought it looked nice. Though she can do no wrong with her routines, think she can still expand herself outwards a bit more, such that her presence can be felt even more towards the first row and upwards to the studio balcony. Nonetheless, thought it was still a light, fun and enjoyable routine.

Best of luck to all the celebs and looking forward to their dances.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Re: the Houghs. I hate that modern, pick the woman up while her feet churn, kicking thing that's all the rage in modern dance. 

I call that move the invisible bicycle (sometimes the upside down bicycle if she's held up with her legs over her head). I hate it too. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, simplyme said:

As to Bonner and Sharna and their "chemistry," I suppose Bonner could be used as an example of an inert element.

Oh dang, you just made me spit on my keyboard. LOL!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Big Mother said:

Maybe this is because I watched it at 1:30 a.m., but I was legit crying during the Hough Siblings dance. It was so moving. I could FEEL the emotion. Anyone else had this reaction?

I didn't get emotional, but I thought it was beautiful, and pretty touching. Especially, as I understand it, the story is their parents basically split the kids down the middle and each took custody of two (they have an additional older sister who was already 18). I've never been divorced, and I don't like to pass judgment on decisions made without all the knowledge of the circumstances, but that seems like an incredibly traumatic thing to do to a set of really young siblings, and probably goes a long way towards explaining why they're so close. They both put some lovely statements on their social medias about how they've been in a space of closure and forgiveness recently, (childhood hurts take a while to process and get over) and wanted to create something others could relate to, knowing they're not the only ones who have had similar experiences, and I thought they definitely did.

They also worked with Tessandra Chavez and Kyle Hanagami on the choreography, and NappyTabs on the staging and creative, and those are all people I've enjoyed seeing their work evolve over the years, so I loved getting to see them showcased here. 

• Love 2

Then Rizzo tweeting "Speechless. And a bit horrified" made me laugh so hard,

See I don't follow baseball so all the pimping goes right over my head. I think the show assumes I know baseball and I know all these names like Erin Andrews does but I don't and it just kind of turns me against Dave because I just see pimping. And he's clearly a good sport and probably very nice but the pimping drives me nuts. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Re: the Houghs. I hate that modern, pick the woman up while her feet churn, kicking thing that's all the rage in modern dance. 

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I call that move the invisible bicycle (sometimes the upside down bicycle if she's held up with her legs over her head). I hate it too. 

I call it the "toddler temper tantrum"…because it looks like a parent carrying their kid to timeout.

• Love 13

Rizzo and Ross are close friends....so I found his tweet very funny.  I do follow baseball, but only support the Cubs as a secondary favorite (after the Phillies).  The Cubs have millions of fans all over the country -- I think those fans in addition to all of the baseball fans in general are very happy to have a former MLB player on the show.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I'm wondering how Dick Van Dyke would do on the show.  I think he would be entertaining and I believe he still can dance.

Now that's a bonafide STAR! I would love to see DVD on this show. He can still cut a rug... saw him dancing on FB last year looking quite spry! :-)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 40Love said:

Now that's a bonafide STAR! I would love to see DVD on this show. He can still cut a rug... saw him dancing on FB last year looking quite spry! :-)

That's what made me think of him.  I don't know if it was on FB but I saw the following clip.  I would definitely cheer for a 90 year DVD.  

http://www.inquisitr.com/2118491/dick-van-dyke-dance-89-year-old-actor-shows-off-dance-skills-in-new-music-video/

• Love 1

Dick Van Dyke would be great. Or Betty White. There are a lot of senior citizens who are in good shape who can probably dance. I'm just glad they haven't had any more children lately. I guess they came to their senses.

• Love 1

First things first. I officially have a girl-crush on the dancer who kicked Mr T's hat off the floor ,  gave a cute over- the- shoulder glance to make sure it was out of the way and never lost her sexy.  Also, she was on fire during the opening dance.

Val and Normani were amazing. I really love this girl and her performance ability. 

Nancy was shockingly awesome. Sexy, confident and on that rhythm.

I know I am in the minority, but i do not like the baseball player at all. He is my least favorite type of contestant. The I-have no rhythm-but middle aged house wives find me charming-so i am going to milk that for all its worth-then when I actually try real dancing-they will give me undeserved credit-guy. This type of contestant has certainly made more appearances than gymnasts.

Charo needed to go but she did crack me up with her comment to Bruno. 

Not a great week for Rashad, but he is still the strongest male contestant.

Bonner has no chemistry with Sharna, no dance ability and no personality. He is handsome but those dead eyes are just creepy.  Has a male contestant ever been the "shocking elimination"?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I hate it too, which is a shame because I also agree with this:

Maybe this is because I watched it at 1:30 a.m., but I was legit crying during the Hough Siblings dance. It was so moving. I could FEEL the emotion. Anyone else had this reaction?

I didn't get emotional, but I thought it was beautiful, and pretty touching. Especially, as I understand it, the story is their parents basically split the kids down the middle and each took custody of two (they have an additional older sister who was already 18). I've never been divorced, and I don't like to pass judgment on decisions made without all the knowledge of the circumstances, but that seems like an incredibly traumatic thing to do to a set of really young siblings, and probably goes a long way towards explaining why they're so close. They both put some lovely statements on their social medias about how they've been in a space of closure and forgiveness recently, (childhood hurts take a while to process and get over) and wanted to create something others could relate to, knowing they're not the only ones who have had similar experiences, and I thought they definitely did.

Considering how practiced and stage-y these two generally are, this was one of the first times I ever really felt emotion from their dancing. Julianne's face when Tom introduced the dance as "their most memorable year" looked genuinely pained and I guessed it was going to be about divorce before they even danced (and I didn't know their personal story). I wish I had enjoyed the actual dance style a little more because the idea and the emotions were there. 

And yikes on that custody agreement, I didn't realize people actually did that in real life, I rewatched The Parent Trap recently and as an adult, it finally hit me how fucked up that premise was. Granted, they actually hid the existence of the girls from each other which is next level, but splitting them up is bad enough.

I was actually incredibly shocked it was Carrie Ann that gave Heather the 9 and not Bruno. Usually Carrie Ann favors the men. To be a little fair to the judges, it has to be hard to judge such a wide variety of dance ability. If I recall they judge more on the individual against themselves than against others. At least that has been how I justify scores in my mind that don't make sense. I do think the judges get their favorites just the the audience does.

For this reason I am never bothered by the ringers. They tend to be some of my favorites over the years. James last season though was one that came out of no where for me and is currently my favorite ever. I had no idea who he was before this show.

Yeah, I can't exactly expect the scores to make any sense objectively when you have a 64-year-old Mr T walking around the dance floor vs a 20-something gymnastic olympian and a back-up dancer for Beyonce who had a role on a tv show entirely due to her dance ability. 

I end up feeling kind of bad for the contestants in the middle, who are ambulatory, young or youngish folks with limited dance experience who are really trying but are never going to be as good as the ringers and also wind up sometimes getting lower scores than the older folks who aren't physically able to do as much. 

I would say it ultimately doesn't matter because no one said the show was "fair" but the fact that the money increases with length of stay...it does seem a bit unfair to have ringers and/or beloved celebs who can't dance, but get inflated scores. If the only prize were tv exposure and a cheesy mirrorball, then it really wouldn't matter. 

28 minutes ago, gohawks said:

I know I am in the minority, but i do not like the baseball player at all. He is my least favorite type of contestant. The I-have no rhythm-but middle aged house wives find me charming-so i am going to milk that for all its worth-then when I actually try real dancing-they will give me undeserved credit-guy. This type of contestant has certainly made more appearances than gymnasts.

You're not the only one. He's definitely another Bill Engvall who is going to last way past his expiration date. He seems nice enough, but I would rather see someone who can dance. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Dick Van Dyke would be great. Or Betty White. There are a lot of senior citizens who are in good shape who can probably dance. I'm just glad they haven't had any more children lately. I guess they came to their senses.

Dick Van Dyke is 91, Betty White is 95.  Though they are in good shape for their age, no way could they handle this show. But I'd enjoy hearing their commentary if the show did a theme related to either of them.  

Agree about the children, they don't belong on this show, including Laurie (16) last season.  I'd rather the minimum be 18.

eta: DWTS usually airs as TV-PG.  I wonder what the age recommendation is associated with the PG. Wiki doesn't show an age.

Edited by Uke

I'm finding this season really boring. I don't know who came up with "Vegas" night but, I thought that it was a stupid idea. Simone must be REALLY sheltered if she doesn't know who Elvis is. I'm amazed at what and who younger people don't know about these days. It makes me feel really old and I'm only 35. I thought that Nancy did a good job but, there's still something about her that I don't like. I'm not sure what though. I know that everyone loved the heather/Britney dance but, I didn't. I actually think that the producers did her a disservice by doing this. Even Heather herself said that it made her feel like she's taking a step backward with her progress. With all of the things that Bonner can't do (lifts, hands above head etc...) maybe he should've waited doing this show. Personally, I think that people don't like him because of "handgate" from the premiere. I think that it was blown out of proportion and people need to move on from it. I don't mind him and I think that if given a chance he could be a better dancer. I don't expect him to come close to winning this though. Also the judges need to stop with the showmance stuff. If they are they are if the aren't they aren't. I thought that David's dance was fun and I liked that he was a good sport about it. I was kind-of expecting to hear "Pony" though because that song is Magic Mike. Charo was the right person to go home. I think that she should've gone out first though. 

(edited)

I thought Simone knew who Elvis was, but didn't know he made movies.  Considering he has been dead for 40 years, her not knowing about his image/persona doesn't surprise me.  I am sure she has heard his music, perhaps not knowing it was his, but doesn't know more than that.  I am 51 and I Didnt know much about him when he died.  It was the media hysteria after he died that really made me aware of him.  (And I couldn't tell you the name of any of his movies.)

Edited by Mittengirl

I find this season interesting in that I haven't been able to figure it out yet. The last few seasons, after the first episode I was pretty damn sure who was going to win. (Was fairly confident about Laurie, Nyle, Bindi, and Rumor after the first episode.) This season, I really don't know. I feel fairly sure Normani will be in the finale. I think Rashad might join her, though that might be wishful thinking because he's becoming my favorite. At the same time, if he ends up in fourth or fifth I'm not going to be surprised. I like Simone, though agree with the comments that she seems a bit flat for some reason. I like Heather, but not convinced she's going to garner the backing. And then there's Lindsey and David -- she's taken a "likable bad dancer who just tries real hard" to third place before with Alek, I wouldn't be shocked if she does it again. 

Once we get through the obvious low hanging fruit, it's going to get interesting. It might be a season where someone having just one bad week might be enough to sink them. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Once we get through the obvious low hanging fruit, it's going to get interesting. It might be a season where someone having just one bad week might be enough to sink them. 

Wouldn't that be refreshing. Although I do like seeing these people develop their skills, I would like to see a season where a clear cut winner is not guaranteed. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

I find this season interesting in that I haven't been able to figure it out yet. The last few seasons, after the first episode I was pretty damn sure who was going to win. (Was fairly confident about Laurie, Nyle, Bindi, and Rumor after the first episode.) This season, I really don't know. I feel fairly sure Normani will be in the finale. I think Rashad might join her, though that might be wishful thinking because he's becoming my favorite. At the same time, if he ends up in fourth or fifth I'm not going to be surprised. I like Simone, though agree with the comments that she seems a bit flat for some reason. I like Heather, but not convinced she's going to garner the backing. And then there's Lindsey and David -- she's taken a "likable bad dancer who just tries real hard" to third place before with Alek, I wouldn't be shocked if she does it again. 

Same. I'm going with Normani winning because her fanbase is huge and she's a good dancer. The other finalists spots are up for grabs I think between Rashad, David, Nancy, Simone and Heather. I think either Simone or Heather will be out before they should be. This season is weird because I can't tell who the producers want to win. I know they don't want Heather to win. I hope she makes the finals though because I want to see her freestyle.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't see Simone getting eliminated early. I'm pretty sure she by far has the biggest fanbase, but TPTB are going to play it down to look like there is an even playing field. I think Heather will be their "surprise" elimination, even though I wouldn't be surprised at all. I don't think she has that much of a fanbase and won't win without help from TPTB. 

ETA: Normani may have a big fanbase, but the older ladies who mainly watch this show probably don't know who she is. I'm sure they like Simone though, and so do their kids. Who can beat her?

Edited by boyznkatz

The person who has most impressed me so far this season is...Bruno! He's been coherent, his comments are more focused on content, he's not scoring everyone a point higher than the other judges, and he's doing it while still maintaining his "Bruno-ness". I'm very proud of him!

• Love 2

First things first. I officially have a girl-crush on the dancer who kicked Mr T's hat off the floor ,  gave a cute over- the- shoulder glance to make sure it was out of the way and never lost her sexy.  Also, she was on fire during the opening dance.

I forgot to mention her before:  she was probably the highlight of the show for me.  She kicked it out of the way as if it was part of the routine, and giving some serious eye while making sure it wouldn't interfere.  Now that's professionalism.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was a little distracted during Charo's Chapel of Love dance looking at the other couples in line to be married. There was a drunk couple in club clothes, a gay couple in Chippendale tuxedos, and...a lady by herself? Is she being stood up at the altar? She's clearly upset and crying. If she knows he's not coming, why is she still in line? *That's* the story I was interested in.

Edited by majormama
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Beatrice said:

I think either Simone or Heather will be out before they should be. This season is weird because I can't tell who the producers want to win. I know they don't want Heather to win. I hope she makes the finals though because I want to see her freestyle.

If she makes it to the finals hopefully Maks (or Alan) does not do a Beyonce, Hip-Hop or Glee themed kind of dance.

The judges would probably eat them alive if that happened.

And if they do decide to go that route, it had better be beyond a stellar showstopper!

8 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

ETA: Normani may have a big fanbase, but the older ladies who mainly watch this show probably don't know who she is. I'm sure they like Simone though, and so do their kids. Who can beat her?

Well, I'm an older lady and living in Texas to boot, but I'm pulling for Heather. I really hope she makes the finals and does mostly ballroom as her freestyle with just a hint of hip hop at the end - just a nod to her roots.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jsage said:

The person who has most impressed me so far this season is...Bruno! He's been coherent, his comments are more focused on content, he's not scoring everyone a point higher than the other judges, and he's doing it while still maintaining his "Bruno-ness". I'm very proud of him!

Haha! I'd bet Bruno is a lock in for the finals! :)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I'm an old lady living in Utah.  I knew about Fifth Harmony as a group but didn't know Normani before the show.   She's my favorite to win at the moment.  My second favorite would be Nancy but you would expect old people to know her.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

This.  If America votes Bonner, Nick, Mr T, and Erika off the island it will be a real horse race for the final 3.  I don't recall this many potential finalists in any previous season.  For me, this is making the show a lot more fun.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, jette said:

Well, I'm an older lady and living in Texas to boot, but I'm pulling for Heather. I really hope she makes the finals and does mostly ballroom as her freestyle with just a hint of hip hop at the end - just a nod to her roots.

I'm an older lady as well, so I didn't mean any offense. I've only heard of Nancy, Mr. T, Charo and Simone. I've never heard of Heather or Normani, although I like them and would like to see them in the finals. 

16 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I'm an old lady living in Utah.  I knew about Fifth Harmony as a group but didn't know Normani before the show.   She's my favorite to win at the moment.  My second favorite would be Nancy but you would expect old people to know her.

I'm quoting myself because I finally was able to watch Monday's show.  Wow on Nancy and Artem's samba!!  They are making it really difficult to pick a favorite.  I like Normani because she has stage presence and really knows how to perform.  She has good technique which I'm sure will improve even more when her schedule is not as busy.  However, Val just won last season and while I don't mind if he wins again, I would prefer a pro that has never won before to win.

That brings me to Nancy and Artem.  I've never seen Artem so happy with his partner before.  While he's had good relationships with some previous partners like Patti LaBelle,. he's also had some tough ones.  This is the first time, he finally has a partner that can make the finals and possibly win.   I'm also surprised by Nancy.  I figured she would be great at standard ballroom dances but stiff doing Latin.   She did a good job with the cha cha last week but still surprised me with her samba this week.   

• Love 4