Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E03: Week 3: Vegas Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm having trouble forcing myself to watch this show after giving it up for 4 years. I watch a dance or two and then have to turn it off a while; it's so gushy-fake and the dances are like 15 seconds long, then the usually-unfair judging that's scripted by the producers (imo). That showmance is revolting and it looks to me like it's revolting to Sharna too and Bonner seems oblivious (to everything!) Just so gross.

Anyway, I'm afraid all the talented ladies will compete for votes amongst themselves and that highly-likeable but no-dance-talent David will win. I guess I don't really care but I'd hate to see Nancy as a shock early-boot but I'm kind of expecting it because the show doesn't seem to be backing her. They are so pro-focussed it's ridiculous.  (And I'd love to see Alan finish the season with Heather but I hate to sound like I'm rooting for Maks to be badly injured... Anyway I like Alan and hope he gets a partner next time)

Edited by Morrigan

It would be really sad to see Nancy as an early boot. I don't know, but I think she's following the tried and true formula of this show, you come out with potential, work through the nerves the first few episodes, you let the audience see you're vulnerable, but put down something memorable early enough to help you through what could be some rough patches ahead. 

• Love 1
On 4/4/2017 at 9:08 PM, limecoke said:

....... what the heck style of ballroom dancing was that?  They just don't tell us anymore unless it's mentioned in the rehearsal package or by the judges.  Tell us, show!!

About 15 seconds after each dance begins, the type of dance is displayed on the bottom left of the screen. I still miss the voice over announcing the names of the celebs and pros and the type of dance they will be performing as they descend down the beautiful staircase.

• Love 1
On 4/9/2017 at 5:14 AM, luvthepros said:

About 15 seconds after each dance begins, the type of dance is displayed on the bottom left of the screen. I still miss the voice over announcing the names of the celebs and pros and the type of dance they will be performing as they descend down the beautiful staircase.

I miss the voice over too.  One thing about Artem's and Nancy's dance, you can tell it was a samba even without the voice over or the display.  You can't say that about every dance since they are usually a fusion of styles.

David was good for a jazz dance since that's the type of dance you have to commit.  It doesn't work if you're shy about it, e.g. Amber in her big booty dance.  The only thing is that I don't remember his dance two weeks ago but I seem to remember very little ballroom and mostly goofy/fun type movements in it too.  So I give him a pass for last week but he needs to do more ballroom or Latin moves.  I guess it doesn't matter for this show since I was frustrated that Bill Engvall was in the finals.  Both of them are nice guys but I want to see good/great freestyles.

Edited by realdancemom

I think this show will always have an issue with potential ringers because some contestants will just always have a natural advantage. Even if the show cast all non-dancers, someone would likely be more famous and then dubbed the ringer. I mean wasn't Bindi dubbed a ringer even though I don't think she had dance experience? She was just clearly the most famous of her cast. Or someone will always have something in their background that lends them to being a better dancer (ie. cheerleading, gymnastics, ice skating). So I think even if the show did completely eliminate ringers there would still be something that set certain contestants apart and have us labeling them as having an advantage.

This season seems to have really good competition, and thus far I don't think it will be cut and dry who the winner is. I think it will probably be a close finish.