Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ChocolateAddict said:

I find it so disconcerting that it was just over a year ago that we heard the infamous "looking forward to side hugs!" yet now these two barely educated, sheltered 20 something's are married with a baby. 

I really can't get my head around the idea that they weren't even allowed to hold hands until last year but now they are parents. Babies having babies. 

Yes, I have been thinking the same with our thread title! Kendra finally did get her side hugs, and a little more! 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

I find it so disconcerting that it was just over a year ago that we heard the infamous "looking forward to side hugs!" yet now these two barely educated, sheltered 20 something's are married with a baby. 

I really can't get my head around the idea that they weren't even allowed to hold hands until last year but now they are parents. Babies having babies. 

Right?

Remember when they were roller skating and Joe couldn't grab her hand when she fell or some crazy shit like that?

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

She's still 19. 

• Love 5
(edited)

So they had a baby.... while my computer was getting fixed. I knew there would be big news. 

I like Garrett as much better way to honor the father than Joe Jr. He gets to be his own person more and not share a nickname with at least two of his uncles and aunts. (Josiah and Josie plus Johannah who goes by Hannie and four more Jo-names. )

Good for Kendra having an easier birth! Although I do think certain things are out of people's control. Joy and Jill might still have had traverse or breech babies even with prenatal care. Any of the girls might have gone over their due date. Israel may have been naturally big as he's so tall and big for age anyway.  I hope Kendra had better prenatal care and more qualified people delivering the baby, but part of the easy delivery is probably luck.

Of course having a first delivery go well, might make her more of a candidate for homebirth next time. 

I wonder if TLC had something to do with them not giving birth at home. If I were the network, I would be tired of filming Duggar homebirths that went badly and would be scared of both public outrage/backlash if something horribly wrong happened while we were filming. 

(I've wondered if this is why they don't film Jill and Derick anymore. I mean they possibly gave Jill and the Duggars one last chance with Joy's birth and that didn't go well. I wouldn't let Jill deliver someone else's  (non-family)  baby on-camera for fear, they might sue the network if it didn't go well.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

The boys are cute, but why do Jill and Derick tell Israel everything they want him to say? I've been noticing this more and more.

It is interesting that they have not yet seen JoKen though especially considering they are not that far from one another. I wonder if that was JoKen's request?

• Love 23
On 6/9/2018 at 4:34 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Garrett Orville Duggar.  Has a nice ring to it ;)

You know someone (DICKWEED!) is reading this, taking notes, and their next kid will be Gabriel Orville Dillard.  You KNOW its coming!  

On 6/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, yogi2014L said:

Wasn't she due 6/17? I am due 6/18 and extremely jealous. Cute kiddo. Glad everyone looks well. :-) Also so glad it seems to be a hospital birth!

Also I wonder if/why they chose the names to honor Duggar relatives only? Or maybe she just like Garrett? I told my hubby his family name is our last name and I am not naming our kid after his relatives LOL ( aside from a middle name that is a family name for both sides) . The duggars just take over everything !! Vuolos are our only hope!

CONGRATS!  Maybe you will have your baby on my anniversary which is 6/22!  I am fond of the name Natalie :) just in case (HA!).  

• Love 11
On 6/10/2018 at 1:31 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I liked Kendra's maternity smock in that video.  It's not one of those stuffed-sausage tops that Jill and Jessa are famous for.

She looked cute and their house did seem orderly (I did notice the flowers also, HA!).  I have had a feeling that of the inlaws, Kendra will have the cleanest house, the best kept kids, and will always look like she has showered.  She just strikes me as normal in that way where the Duggar daughters all are so slovenly.  Except Jinger now that she has escaped from their daily influence.  

On 6/10/2018 at 6:00 PM, lianau said:

I hate to defend Michelle but Kendra's mother doesn't have 19 kids . If Michelle had stopped after she had her breakdown instead of working to get pregnant again and again , I think she'd been a more effective mother. 

Michelle may have given birth to 19 kids but she didn't care for 19 kids.  But I would say Jana looks pretty good for having raised that many children.  Even with that many children there is no excuse for them being a dirty as they are on the daily.  None.  There were 40 available hands in that household not counting grandma or any of the supposed teachers.

• Love 20
16 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

No assistance.  One of the things that folks of this religious persuasion do is eschew governmental assistance of any kind. That’s why so many of them live in abject poverty.  Jim Bob himself proclaimed that he has never and will never take assistance from the government. So if Baby G was born in the hospital with insurance, chances are it came from Daddy C.  Unless Joe splurged and got insurance for Kendra, seeing how his married siblings had to pay off hospital bills due to no coverage. 

But then again, wasn’t it hypothesized that Medicaid paid for Josie’s hospital bills while in NICU?  So maybe governmental help is not always poo poo’d if true...

Medicaid coverage for micropreemies like Josie is universal.  Even if they didn't want it, they would still receive it, parents cannot opt out.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

The boys are cute, but why do Jill and Derick tell Israel everything they want him to say? I've been noticing this more and more.

I wanted to comment on that too! Jill also has a tendency to feed him her desired response by asking him only yes/no questions ("Are you very happy?"; "Is this lots of fun?"). It's never "how are you feeling?" or "what do you think?" The cult programming starts early.

• Love 22

Glad to see baby Tater has arrived. He's adorable, and I love his name.  I have a feeling though by this time next year he'll either have a brother or sister, or one will be on the way.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

None of these couples will ever be mainstream normal, so yeah, they're kids playing house & babies having babies.  But it is THEIR normal. 

They will never go to college, including keg & frat parties.  They'll never hook up with a bad choice.  They'll never have roommates they aren't related to or married to.  They'll never do the "Netflix & Chill".  They'll never do the walk of shame.  The girls will never buy that fabulous sparkly strapless dress & the stiletto heels to wear to a New Years Eve blowout.  They'll never lay on a beach in the Bahamas in a swimsuit. 

So they play house & make babies just like all the other couples that surround them.  They will all have the same lives.  And they choose that. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, beckie said:

Glad to see baby Tater has arrived. He's adorable, and I love his name.  I have a feeling though by this time next year he'll either have a brother or sister, or one will be on the way.

I hope not. Kendra's siblings are spaced out, so hopefully, she'll use whatever method her parents used.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, beckie said:

His name is Garrett David Duggar. The Orville thing was a joke.

2 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

Gosh, the baby's initials are GOD.

Yeah, but if it got back to them that their child could have had the initials GOD, they might try to do that with the next one and start a G-theme. Then they could keep going forward with all their G-rated babies.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, graefin said:

I wanted to comment on that too! Jill also has a tendency to feed him her desired response by asking him only yes/no questions ("Are you very happy?"; "Is this lots of fun?"). It's never "how are you feeling?" or "what do you think?" The cult programming starts early.

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if, in their three decades of "parenting," JB and M have never asked any Duggarling or GrandDuggarling an open-ended question yet. Too many things militate against it -- their cult, their control-freakiness, their utter lack of curiosity, their belief that children are their numbered possessions rather than people, their determination not to hear anything from anybody that might upset their premises. Etc. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Well, Praise God that Jill wasn't anywhere near that birth. Jill is like a bad luck birth penny! 

Kendra might be young but she has common sense.  Her parents must love her and don't want Jill anywhere near their daughter! 

I just realized as I typed that,  there might be a little bad feelings between the Caldwells and the Dillards.  Pastor Caldwell is IFB and Jill was raised essentially IFB with some home churching in there too.  KJV only.  etc.   Then Dillard is a big Southern Baptist and introduced Jill to the SBC.   Not to mention his missioncation and his puzzling job at Cross Church.  We know that they are scammers and Caldwell might know it too. 

All this might not sit well with Pastor Caldwell.  I'm sure they are cordial but you know, deep down, he might not really LIKE Jill and Derick and try to keep away from them.  

From the outside, we see them as all the same but that is not how it is from the inside.  I was raised IFB and the Baptists can really hate each other, particularly the IFB. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

I hope not. Kendra's siblings are spaced out, so hopefully, she'll use whatever method her parents used.

Her sister Lauren and brother Micah are 4 years apart, so they must have done something to prevent pregnancy after having 2 girls pretty close in age. The rest of her siblings are 2-3 years apart, the youngest looks about 3-4 years old, so Mrs Caldwell is due for another kid soon.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Well, Praise God that Jill wasn't anywhere near that birth. Jill is like a bad luck birth penny! 

Kendra might be young but she has common sense.  Her parents must love her and don't want Jill anywhere near their daughter! 

I just realized as I typed that,  there might be a little bad feelings between the Caldwells and the Dillards.  Pastor Caldwell is IFB and Jill was raised essentially IFB with some home churching in there too.  KJV only.  etc.   Then Dillard is a big Southern Baptist and introduced Jill to the SBC.   Not to mention his missioncation and his puzzling job at Cross Church.  We know that they are scammers and Caldwell might know it too. 

All this might not sit well with Pastor Caldwell.  I'm sure they are cordial but you know, deep down, he might not really LIKE Jill and Derick and try to keep away from them.  

From the outside, we see them as all the same but that is not how it is from the inside.  I was raised IFB and the Baptists can really hate each other, particularly the IFB. 

You're likely right about an underlying theological disagreement/distaste, I'd guess.

In other ways, though, Pastor C and Derick D seem to see VERY eye to eye. After all, Caldwell was the guy who outraged a ton of people in Arkansas, even including some conservative Christians, when he sent a bunch of minions, including children, door to door to pamphleteer for him: "Does God love Homosexuals? Flawed question! There ARE no such thing as Homosexuals!" 

The convoluted piles of beliefs these people have make who should ally with whom pretty confusing. .... Probably even to them. lol

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

You're likely right about an underlying theological disagreement/distaste, I'd guess.

In other ways, though, Pastor C and Derick D seem to see VERY eye to eye. After all, Caldwell was the guy who outraged a ton of people in Arkansas, even including some conservative Christians, when he sent a bunch of minions, including children, door to door to pamphleteer for him: "Does God love Homosexuals? Flawed question! There ARE no such thing as Homosexuals!" 

The convoluted piles of beliefs these people have make who should ally with whom pretty confusing. .... Probably even to them. lol

True, true, the certainly agree on some topics!  

I bet Caldwell has some strong opinions on Jill parading around in her sluttish pants, posting Bible verses using the ESV and not the KJV. The nose ring. The modern church services that Jill is not participating in, the modern Christian music she posts.  

Well, Kendra benefits from this shit.  She is the lucky girl whose delivery was safer without Jill and the medical thingys. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Her sister Lauren and brother Micah are 4 years apart, so they must have done something to prevent pregnancy after having 2 girls pretty close in age. The rest of her siblings are 2-3 years apart, the youngest looks about 3-4 years old, so Mrs Caldwell is due for another kid soon.

The larger year gaps might have included miscarriages. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Are you kidding me??? For real about the pamphlets?? I just can’t with these people!

• Love 8
(edited)

Since these two don't use social media much, I'm sure we'll only see the house when it is clean. That doesn't mean it's clean all the time necessarily, it could mean that they are better at staging photos. The house may not look as good after 3 kids in 4 years. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

I so don’t keep up with this couple that the last thing I saw was them gutting and remodeling a house on the Duggar compound.  Is the cabin that house?  Because it looks like a log cabin and I’m really relived they don’t live in the dump I thought they were in.  

And I’ma just go on record saying I think Kendra is flat out ADORABLE and I wish only the best for them.  

• Love 17
(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 12:21 PM, Natalie68 said:

Michelle may have given birth to 19 kids but she didn't care for 19 kids.  But I would say Jana looks pretty good for having raised that many children.  Even with that many children there is no excuse for them being a dirty as they are on the daily.  None.  There were 40 available hands in that household not counting grandma or any of the supposed teachers.

That's what bugs me. You have all those able-bodied people, multiple industrial dishwashers, and you have to create a literal mountain of trash by using paper plates, every meal, full time? Really?? 

On 6/12/2018 at 9:33 PM, Nysha said:

16 hours ago, Lunera said:

Kendra's parents are firm proponents of trusting God with the size of your family. Like many women, Kendra's mom simply wasn't mega fertile. There were probably some miscarriages in there, or periods of just not getting pregnant at all. I knew some Quiverfull families like that. Heck, Austin's parents are in the Quiverfull camp and only wound up with two. It happens.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Kendra's parents are firm proponents of trusting God with the size of your family. Like many women, Kendra's mom simply wasn't mega fertile. There were probably some miscarriages in there, or periods of just not getting pregnant at all. I knew some Quiverfull families like that. Heck, Austin's parents are in the Quiverfull camp and only wound up with two. It happens.

I wonder if that becomes a source of shame in Gothard circles, given how nutty and mean-spirited they are about everything: "God blessed me with nineteen children and he only saw fit to give you two. In His infinite wisdom, he must know that I'm a better Christian and would be a better parent than you!"

• Love 18
3 hours ago, becca3891 said:

That's what bugs me. You have all those able-bodied people, multiple industrial dishwashers, and you have to create a literal mountain of trash by using paper plates, every meal, full time? Really?? 

It could be that in Kendra's parents' minds, leaving the family size up to God just means not using any form of birth control and not tracking ovulation.  The Duggar method is the complete opposite to leaving it up to God.  Also, tracking ovulation and only having sex when the wife is fertile; seems to me to really kill the mood.  Not to mention, not everyone has a hyperactive sex drive like JB.  Now I need the brain bleach.

• Love 15

Thinking about how we haven't seen any congrats videos or postings from anyone other than the Dillards. It's very strange, especially since Garrett's last name is Duggar - he and the male M kids are the ones who are going to pass down the Duggar name so far.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Thinking about how we haven't seen any congrats videos or postings from anyone other than the Dillards. It's very strange, especially since Garrett's last name is Duggar - he and the male M kids are the ones who are going to pass down the Duggar name so far.

Super Strange indeed!

Makes me wonder HOW and WHY the congratulation videos are actually planned and executed.  

(edited)
15 hours ago, becca3891 said:

How do you know this about Kendra's family? And Austin's?

Just because they're fundie, doesn't mean they're quiverfull.  Michael and Debbi Pearl are definitely fundie and believe in natural family planning. (It's in for example--Born To Be His Helpmate, which was mentioned as a contentious issue by other fundies who read it . )

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
On 6/12/2018 at 6:17 AM, madpsych78 said:

That half-hearted video was on day four since the birth of baby Garrett and the Dillards hadn't even visited their new nephew yet.  It is now day seven and no other Duggar sibling has posted a Congratulations video.  Ma and Pa Duggar haven't either!  To do so now would almost be an insult.

I wonder what Kendra (and Joe?) did to deserve this treatment.  Shocking!

• Love 19

I can just see Kendra's face go from all smiles and giggles to, "Oh fuck, hell no," when Jilly Bean brought over the used baby birthing pool for her to use.   Don't worry we hosed it out after Joy used it.  It's still good and just ignore the stains.

• Love 13
(edited)

Maybe they're just saving it all for the show. If they didn't get any nibbles from People or any other magazines for paid/exclusive stories, then I suppose they have plenty of motivation ($$) to play extra nice with TLC.

I don't know anything about these two. Is Joe a strong personality who's likely to stand up to his parents and go against their wishes? Have Kendra's fundie parents turned her over to her new headship (Joe), so that now they won't interfere with Joe's decisions about their life? Or are the Caldwells still calling some shots or at least giving Kendra their opinions and advice? 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

That half-hearted video was on day four since the birth of baby Garrett and the Dillards hadn't even visited their new nephew yet.  It is now day seven and no other Duggar sibling has posted a Congratulations video.  Ma and Pa Duggar haven't either!  To do so now would almost be an insult.

I wonder what Kendra (and Joe?) did to deserve this treatment.  Shocking!

Aren't Ma and Pa on a speaking tour? They are probably too busy showing others how to do things like making sandwiches and kissing.

• Love 9