Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

I think Kendra and Joe are fine people, but I think it's too soon to tell what they're really going to be like. Sure Kendra seems happy-go-lucky, but really why shouldn't she be happy? She married a celebrity into a special tv golden Christian family. The family (Duggars) has money and tv so she can be famous and get to do things. They get to be filmed for the show doing fun things, like traveling, rafting on the lake while pulled by a boat, tubing in the snow, etc. She got to have a relatively nice wedding day and she probably thinks she was a princess on that day. She got pregnant, which is to be expected (pun intended). She had a relatively easy delivery and may have an easy going baby. She already knows a lot about babies and pregnancy, because she's the oldest of seven. 

I wish them the best, but to me Kendra comes off young and naive and a lot of her happiness comes from the fact that's she's relatively lucky for a kid her age in her situation. We'll see how things go from here, but it's relatively soon to say how they will handle setbacks, and hard times, etc. 

• Love 19
On 6/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, Absolom said:

If they announced her correct due date, it's what we're stuck with.  Even the Duggars can't override nerves and emotion upsetting a woman's cycle.

No, the person who posted that due dates are calculated based on 266 days was wrong. They're still calculated at 280, which would put her squarely mid-cycle on her honeymoon. All the math checks out. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, Heathen said:

Somebody posted here when Joe and Kendra were first engaged that Kendra seemed like a person who is happy with her family, happy with her place in life, just happy in general. I think Joe is the same way. It bodes well for their marriage and family. 

I wish I could be like that, honestly. 

I think many of us wish to be so content. We might not agree with their lifestyle, but they seem very happy in it.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think many of us wish to be so content. We might not agree with their lifestyle, but they seem very happy in it.

Well that's why being rich and famous are such popular fantasies. 

• Love 4

Thanks for the tlc link!!!  He can't take a girl fishing?  What is that horrible sign in the background?  Let me guess, Jill made it.  It looks about her level of style like the signs she made for Derilick.  But Kendra looks well and the house is clean and nice.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Joe said the most exciting thing about having a boy is going fishing when he’s older.

"The most exciting thing to me about having a boy is – as he gets older – going fishing with him and just everything that every dad thinks of, I think.  It's just, it's just great to have a boy."

Hey, Joe, girls like to go fishing, too.  You don't even have a daughter yet and you are already discriminating against her because of her gender. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, nan said:

i will give joe a pass on this. he is a very new and very young dad. Totally normal to hope the child will like what we enjoy and look forward to sharing that with our child. I know my husband looked forward to cub scouts and boy scouts when our son was born. He was equally excited to share the scouting experience with our daughter who was born 2 years later.

also i will give credit to both joy and kendra - new baby is wrapped in a light blanket and a newborn baby hat,  joy does not have her baby wrapped like a burrito...

Jill wraps her toddlers, lets them scream, films it and posts it on social media. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think Kendra and Joe are fine people, but I think it's too soon to tell what they're really going to be like. Sure Kendra seems happy-go-lucky, but really why shouldn't she be happy? She married a celebrity into a special tv golden Christian family. The family (Duggars) has money and tv so she can be famous and get to do things. They get to be filmed for the show doing fun things, like traveling, rafting on the lake while pulled by a boat, tubing in the snow, etc. She got to have a relatively nice wedding day and she probably thinks she was a princess on that day. She got pregnant, which is to be expected (pun intended). She had a relatively easy delivery and may have an easy going baby. She already knows a lot about babies and pregnancy, because she's the oldest of seven. 

I wish them the best, but to me Kendra comes off young and naive and a lot of her happiness comes from the fact that's she's relatively lucky for a kid her age in her situation. We'll see how things go from here, but it's relatively soon to say how they will handle setbacks, and hard times, etc. 

I agree. I like them, wish them well, and think they seem the happiest so far. 

However, their relationship comes off to me as the college freshmen who meet and fall in love. Real love...happy love...but they have the rest of their lives in front of them. They're the kind of kids that I would have been jealous of as a college freshman, because their relationship seems so real and serious, and they seem so grown up compared to the mundane nature of my young existence. They're the kind of couple that you just know, just know are going to make it through all four years of college, and you're going to be a bridesmaid at their wedding. They seem so old and wise compared to you when you're dating around, or when you realize your own boyfriend is a distant, verbally abusive loser. You are jealous that they already have it figured out. 

But now I'm 30, and the vast majority of these young couples aren't together now. Many didn't even last until college graduation, while a few more dragged out into the "real world" for a year or two before fizzling out. The ones who are married are the true minority. It was shocking when these real, mature couples started breaking up, until I got in a couple more relationships, and realize that all serious, committed, non-abusive relationships are that nice. What seemed so mature and special at nineteen was just precociousness on their part. Kendra seems like the fun college freshman roommate who would be single at 30, or dating someone completely different from Joe, with several relationships under her belt since then. She's the kind of person you remember and smile, thinking of the simpler times and how awesome their true love seemed. Your heart aches for a second that it didn't last, and then you go out and meet Kendra, who is very different a decade later, for drinks. 

I do think they'll last and be happy because they live in Duggar world, but at some point, they will hit bumps that would break up most people their age. 

• Love 13

Whoa!!!!!!  Did you see the recent pictures of them? 

That baby Garrett is beautiful!  What a sweet baby.  Simply beautiful.  Doesn't have the little Duggar nose and face (yet!!!)

Kendra looks amazing after having a baby.  

• Love 4

To be fair, the younger you are, the easier you bounce back, plus it looks like she had a pretty easy birth. After my first baby (in my 20’), I kept dropping weight while he was nursing without even trying.  With my last (in my late 30’s), I’m STILL trying to drop the baby weight. The baby turns 7 next month. ?

• Love 17

Did anyone else see a recent pic of Joe & Kendra with the baby and their respective parents?  Kendra's mom looks like she might be pregnant.  Either that or she's put on some weight since the kids got married.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2018 at 12:09 PM, Marigold said:

Whoa!!!!!!  Did you see the recent pictures of them? 

That baby Garrett is beautiful!  What a sweet baby.  Simply beautiful.  Doesn't have the little Duggar nose and face (yet!!!)

Kendra looks amazing after having a baby.  

Not going through 142 hours of at-home labor and attempted at-home delivery of a giant baby with a quack "midwife" assisting has to have something to do with that. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

Did anyone else see a recent pic of Joe & Kendra with the baby and their respective parents?  Kendra's mom looks like she might be pregnant.  Either that or she's put on some weight since the kids got married.

This picture?

image.thumb.png.8686d816fdb0d4027de810e721593c3b.png

• Love 2

Personally, I don't think that picture screams "Pregnant!" It could just be an unfortunate shirt choice. I also don't have a previous picture of Mrs. C to compare to. And she is a fundie wife of childbearing age, so it wouldn't shock me if she is, either.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Would Michelle fall over if Jim Bob didn’t hold on to her?

Maybe not, but how else are we to get the message that she's his property?

He usually does that really weird spread-fingered, flat-handed pose, which to me is psychologically the opposite of what you'd do naturally if you felt close to someone and wanted to demonstrate it (but maybe not so strange body-language wise if the property thing is what they're really conveying).

• Love 4

It’s nice to see a Duggar bride that looks genuinely happy.  Yes, she got pregnant practically the first time she had sex, and yes, she should be having fun being a teenager before being a wife and mom, but maybe this is what she really always wanted.  They would be a great farm family. I can see Joe out plowing and Kendra in her garden.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

https://www.joeandkendra.com/our-story/

Joe and Kendra have a new website, where they talk about being saved and how they met.

Mrs. Caldwell certainly looks pregnant. I think she's even wearing a maternity shirt and she also looks a bit fuller that she did at Kendra's baby shower. 

When was Mrs. caldwell’s Last baby?  Didn’t she recently have one, or was that only Lauren’s mom?  I can’t keep them all straight. 

5 minutes ago, awaken said:

When was Mrs. caldwell’s Last baby?  Didn’t she recently have one, or was that only Lauren’s mom?  I can’t keep them all straight. 

Her youngest is around 3 or 4

4 minutes ago, awaken said:

That was Lauren's mom.  Her latest baby and Giddyup were born like 2 days apart.

Mrs. Caldwell's last baby was born in 2014 or 2015 according to Fundamentalist wiki so she could be pregnant again.  She was born in 1980 so she's around 37 and she's had like 7 or 8 kids.  That being said she is wearing 2 shirts, that damn modesty top is really getting to be a pet peeve of mine.  It looks like she put a top on backwards and then put a different top on top of it.  Rolls eyes.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looking at the pics of Mrs. Caldwell from JoKen's wedding, she was very slender. I think she's about 4-5 months gone. 

Yes she was a very slim woman, and she looks fuller here- also fuller in the face. I think she could be pregnant. 

• Love 3

I think she's pregnant. I remember looking at her during the courtship and wedding episodes and being impressed with how slim she was after so many kids. Like everyone else said, the weight gain looks like pregnancy puffiness, not the result of enjoying too much Chik Fil A.

• Love 2

It might be fluff.  Pastor Caldwell also looks like he’s chunked up quite a bit as well.  There’s more gut then I remember them having.  I bet they both went on a starvation diet for the wedding and it’s caught up to them.

• Love 1

Lord, smack me on the head, but Michelle looks really good.  How did her girls end up with such crappy skin, when hers looks so good?  Yeah, we know she & Boob use expensive anti-aging stuff, but she definitely looks younger than 51.   And she looks fairly trim in that pic. 

*sigh*  (I hate when I feel compelled to say things like that. )

Kendra & Joe do seem very happy with their little guy.  Though I suppose if they got tired of him, they could just set him down somewhere & somebody would pick him up and raise him along with the other 47 boy babies among the families. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Lord, smack me on the head, but Michelle looks really good.  How did her girls end up with such crappy skin, when hers looks so good?  Yeah, we know she & Boob use expensive anti-aging stuff, but she definitely looks younger than 51.   And she looks fairly trim in that pic. 

*sigh*  (I hate when I feel compelled to say things like that. )

The last few years, every time I see a photo of Mullet, I feel the need to say, "and your little dog, too!"

• Love 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Michelle goes to the dermatologist for laser treatments and other procedures. She and Boob certainly don't deny themselves anything. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Michelle goes to the dermatologist for laser treatments and other procedures. She and Boob certainly don't deny themselves anything. 

And it's not like Michelle is slaving away everyday cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and educating her offspring.  She has all the time in the world for cosmetic procedures. 

• Love 15
On 6/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, graefin said:

Maybe not, but how else are we to get the message that she's his property?

He usually does that really weird spread-fingered, flat-handed pose, which to me is psychologically the opposite of what you'd do naturally if you felt close to someone and wanted to demonstrate it (but maybe not so strange body-language wise if the property thing is what they're really conveying).

If Meeeechelle somehow belonged to me, I'd be careful NOT to advertise the fact. 

just sayin. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:12 PM, ginger90 said:

Would Michelle fall over if Jim Bob didn’t hold on to her?

Maybe Jim Bob would fall over. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Whoever took that photo is also standing ten feet or so back. I bet if it were a closeup, Mullet wouldn't look so "good." 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Cindy has the shiny giant cheeked dermatology victim look, but Michelle looks natural. 

The shiny giant cheeked dermatology victim look? What the hell is that? (Her name is Christina.)

• Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The shiny giant cheeked dermatology victim look? What the hell is that? (Her name is Christina.)

Laser resurfacing gives a shiny look to skin (initially), and fillers to the cheeks gives the pillow face look popular amongst Madonna aged women.

b4gn6a.png

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Laser resurfacing gives a shiny look to skin (initially), and fillers to the cheeks gives the pillow face look popular amongst Madonna aged women.

b4gn6a.png

I very much doubt Christina Caldwell has had any of that. She looks to me like she has good genes and probably uses moisturizer. She's also a good two decades or more younger than Madonna. 

• Love 3
Just now, Heathen said:

I very much doubt Christina Caldwell has had any of that. She looks to me like she has good genes and probably uses moisturizer. She's also a good two decades or more younger than Madonna. 

I didn't mention Christina Caldwell, I mentioned Michelle. 

Heathen, the woman in the photo Kokapetl posted is Cindy, Michelle's long-time friend. I guess it was posted here to reference how Michelle looked in the picture that included Joe, Kendra, Garrett, and the Caldwells.

• Love 1