Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Maddie Gets Married

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Robyn's first husband is Christine's first husband and Meri's step cousin. They may not have been tight, but they all absolutely knew of each other. 

Say what now?  The father of her children who agreed to let Kodouche adopt them?

• Love 1

Mixed feelings about this episode.  I think all brides are beautiful, all weddings are wonderful, and all grooms are handsome.  That being said, Ugh to the parents of the bride.  Caleb's family seemed cool and the other Browns even seemed relatively normal.  But honestly you can't start working on the service at your daughter's wedding until the day before?  I mean, it's not rocket science.  And it's not about you, asshole.  But Kody with his frantic need to be the class clown just made me cringe like I was watching Michael Scott on the office again.  So completely un-self-aware (is that a word lol) and clueless about social norms.  And these idiots act like they've never been to a non-plyg aka pathetic heathen monogamous wedding.  Robyn AND Janelle's first weddings were monogamous.  STOP IT.  You are not such special snowflakes that only your wedding ceremonies have meaning or spiritual context.  ASSHATS.    

And way to go Janelle.  You summoned up some tears for your daughter giving you a gift.  And then you gave the WORST toast ever about how you're going to be miserable but hang in there and *spoiler alert* maybe 25 years into your relationship you can get into counseling and figure out that the two of you communicate differently!!!!!  WOW!!!  #polygamybenefits   I hate Janelle so much, I hate her more than Kody I think.  These other women were conditioned and brainwashed into polygamy but this is a full grown adult woman who set her hat on a married man and pursued him, even switching religions so she could have him.  

Anyway,  congrats to Maddie and Caleb.  They are a cute couple and I hope she continues her education.  Having kids makes it way more difficult but not impossible.  I would be surprised but thrilled if Mariah came out as gay.  Maybe she is just a strong LGBTQ ally, and that is reflected on her social media.  I'm pleasantly surprised that the kids have as much sense as they do.  They've turned out pretty well in spite of their parents and I really think that moving to Las Vegas is the reason.  They were forced to interact outside of their little plyg bubble and have seen that there is a huge world outside of the AUB and Utah.  Good job on raising good kids, I guess.  

• Love 19
46 minutes ago, Forcereals said:

Say what now?  The father of her children who agreed to let Kodouche adopt them?

Yes. The evil, cookie stealing father who was so awful, that they went to spend weeks with him right after the adoption. That monster. *eyeroll* 

They're all related somehow. Kody and Christine are also 3rd cousins. Search family wreath on this board (or my posts) and you'll find a breakdown. 

• Love 5

It was a nice wedding in spite of Kody.  I didn't like what he did, but the audience seemed fine with him. They are used to him.  It didn't seem like many people were there--how does Mykelti think she can have a wedding with 400 guests?  I think they put on a party back in Las Vegas for Maddie and Caleb for all of the friends who didn't go to the wedding.

I hope they got a good deal on that place--it was great advertising.  I'd like to go to an event there!

I have to say that I really liked Janelle's dress.  Yes, it could have used some spanx, but it was a very pretty color on her.  Meri was very impressive and should take advantage of her organizational skills instead of jumping from one MLM to another.

• Love 4

That was awful. 2 hours, wwaayy too long, and Kody's cringe worthy performance, starting with "I Kody Brown give her away..." to the rambling nonsensical sermon/vows. And his reaction to Maddie in her dress was very odd.

Maddie looks way better as a blonde. Maybe now that she's married, she can stop hiding who she is, or rebelling, and return to her natural color.

I didn't love Maddie's wedding dress. I think strapless very rarely flatters anyone and the constant tugging and readjusting is very distracting.

Someone mentioned this next point, and now I keep seeing it:  can Janelle ever sit like a lady ? Gosh it's so annoying. Her knees are a mile apart. 

Mariah's big announcements will be something stupid like changing her major. Or forgiving her mom. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

robyn's first husband is Christine's first husband and Meri's step cousin. They may not have been tight, but they all absolutely knew of each other. 

Wait what!?!?!  I thought Janelle and Robyn had been married before but that Christine and Meri have only been married to Kody. So Christine divorced him and then he went and conned Robyn out of her pants??? So they've shared two guys. Ewwww

LOL I haven't finished the episode yet but OMFG Kody at the ceremony was an unmitigated DISASTUH. Um, your personal diary entries from 18 years ago? He doesn't understand what the word "meander" means. He made it completely about him, as usual.

Maddie, poor girl, what made you think having your father do the ceremony was a good idea!? I was laughing so hard.

It reminded me of that episode of The Office where Phyllis gets married and Michael pushes her elderly dad in the wheelchair down the aisle and is pissed off when the dad gets up because he's stealing attention from Michael. And then when Michael yells too early, "NOW PRESENTING MR AND MRS....!!!!" 

Forgetting the rings. The knighting. Oh my God, this was hilariously bad. Thank you, Sister Wives. You're generally a snooze but this episode was pretty funny.

Okay, I do have some nice things to say: the wedding party looked absolutely gorgeous. Maddie was lovely. And I cried when Erica was crying -- it must be a really hard day for their family. I was happily surprised to see Janelle so emotive. It was cool that Meri was such a crucial part of the day. It must feel good for her to feel a part of the family in a key way when I'm sure most of the time she feels so left out.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So Christine divorced him and then he went and conned Robyn out of her pants??? So they've shared two guys. Ewwww

Christine was never married to David Preston Jessop. She has only been married to Kody. She and David are some kind of cousins.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Wait what!?!?!  I thought Janelle and Robyn had been married before but that Christine and Meri have only been married to Kody. So Christine divorced him and then he went and conned Robyn out of her pants??? So they've shared two guys. Ewwww

No. Christine has been married one time to Kody only.

Let me find the old summary of who is related and how.

Family Wreath Repost:

Ok - help me if I left anyone out of the wreath:

Kody legally married Meri. Her brother was legally married to Janelle. Janelle and Meri's brother divorced and Janelle spiritually married Kody.

Kody's dad was legally married to Kody's mom, called to polygamy,  and then spiritually married somebody else as well as Janelle's mom (after K & J were adults).

Caleb (Maddie's husband) is the brother in law of Kody's brother. (Caleb's sister married Kody's brother). 

Christine and Kody are third cousins (they share a set of great grandparents).

Christine and Robyn's first husband are first cousins (share a set of grandparents).

Kody is not related to Robyn's ex. Kody is Christine's third cousin on one side, but Robyn's ex is Christine's first cousin on the other side. 

One of Meri's father's spiritual wives (one of her spiritual stepmothers), is related to Robyn's first husband.

The alleged Wife to Be #5, Mindy, is Robyn's step niece. (Not sure if that means she is the daughter of one of Robyn's step siblings, or the step daughter of one of Robyn's bio siblings). 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Family Wreath Repost:

Ok - help me if I left anyone out of the wreath:

Kody legally married Meri. Her brother was legally married to Janelle. Janelle and Meri's brother divorced and Janelle spiritually married Kody.

Kody's dad was legally married to Kody's mom, called to polygamy,  and then spiritually married somebody else as well as Janelle's mom (after K & J were adults).

Caleb (Maddie's husband) is the brother in law of Kody's brother. (Caleb's sister married Kody's brother). 

Christine and Kody are third cousins (they share a set of great grandparents).

Christine and Robyn's first husband are first cousins (share a set of grandparents).

Kody is not related to Robyn's ex. Kody is Christine's third cousin on one side, but Robyn's ex is Christine's first cousin on the other side. 

One of Meri's father's spiritual wives (one of her spiritual stepmothers), is related to Robyn's first husband.

The alleged Wife to Be #5, Mindy, is Robyn's step niece. (Not sure if that means she is the daughter of one of Robyn's step siblings, or the step daughter of one of Robyn's bio siblings). 

I think Mindy's mom  (Lisa Sullivan Jessop)  is the daughter of Robyn's step-father Paul. 

I always wait to see if anyone is related to Erica Kane. SW family trees are like All my Children . ?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

I think Mindy's mom  (Lisa Sullivan Jessop)  is the daughter of Robyn's step-father Paul. 

I always wait to see if anyone is related to Erica Kane. SW family trees are like All my Children . ?

So is Mindys mom - Lisa Jessop - related to David Jessop, Robyn's first husband?

It blows my mind how they're all related and just swap around like it is nothing. No wonder normal LDS wants nothing to do with this hot mess.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

No. Christine has been married one time to Kody only.

Let me find the old summary of who is related and how.

Thanks. Someone above has posted that she was married to Robyn's ex and I thought I had missed something pretty major. 

13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Christine actually said that the women choose based on a calling or testilony from Heavenly Father, and the men usually don't refuse. 

"unless the man observes the woman enjoying a plate of nachos and finds her icky." - Kody Brown

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The Church of What Kody Says.  Services are held in one of the McMansions, during which none of the kids pay attention (to their benefit).  They used to profess to be AUB, but the AUB is apparently embarrassed by them and (per rumors) asked them to stop mentioning the church on the air.

Do they even play at that anymore?  They used to make a big show of holding services, but we haven't seen that in so long, I have to assume they've given it up.  Because if they hadn't, I know Kody would make a point of showing the viewers the wacky chaos of trying to get his family together every Sunday.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

They used to make a big show of holding services, but we haven't seen that in so long,

I think the last time they tried it at least one of the older girls either refused to go or pitched a fit about it. Sure wouldn't go over well if they  all boycotted the fabulous chance to listen to their High Lord on Earth blather on extemporaneously for an hour or more.  I mean, who wouldn't look forward to that kind of gibberish.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I think the last time they tried it at least one of the older girls either refused to go or pitched a fit about it. Sure wouldn't go over well if they  all boycotted the fabulous chance to listen to their High Lord on Earth blather on extemporaneously for an hour or more.  I mean, who wouldn't look forward to that kind of gibberish.

Well, now that the girls all know about cookies (thanks to "guest preacher" Robyn, they may have run out of topics.  LOL.

• Love 3

I finally got through it with a lot of FF'ing due to Kody's sad behavior; reading about it here was bad enough. But I was very curious about Janelle's speech.

She didn't offend me as much as others here; I agree with her in not liking all the flowery BS language people use at these & other family things. I liked her keeping it real & she did end it on somewhat of a more positive note.

Even if Meri wasn't actually drinking at that moment she spoke of problems with 'others around you', I thought it was a funny, well timed shot.

Making it too personal to herself, which maybe she took a hint from Kody on, was a mistake. She also rambled & it just wasn't well thought out. She could have made her points better, made the speech shorter, & been more well spoken about it, but she (also) obviously wasn't well prepared.

In her TH she stated that if you don't come around to the good place then 'someone's not being real'. Aside from the alluding to polyg with the others around you comment, I was wondering what she thinks she came back around to with Kody, given there doesn't seem to be much between them aside from maybe being 'buds', & she's still having issues with Meri. So that was not too tuned in a comment. Although Kody's compliment to Janelle (can't be prettier than the bride) was cutesy, it seemed forced, & the kiss between them... I can't describe it but it just looked wrong. It feels like something's 'not real' there.

I love purple so I loved her dress, but heck yeah she needed the proper undergarments. The eyebrows were way overdone. Janelle is quite pretty but those little things can be big things.

On another note, I have to express my frustration since I'm so over seeing the same crappy wedding dresses all the time. Maddie's dress was the -run of the mill typical have to keep pulling it up which looks tacky, bend over & give everyone a boob show strapless uniform gown- & it seems like her sister didn't step it up a notch there at all either.

Meri needed some cowboy boots to go with that vest.

• Love 5

About the theory that she was already pregnant and/or married at the "wedding," I think it's plausible but I have two potential problems with it.

1) Her dress was a little too big because she'd been losing weight from not eating. Usually you'd gain weight in early pregnancy unless she had really bad morning sickness that was preventing her from eating enough. If that was the case, I hope she was getting medical treatment for it, because they made it sound like it lasted a while.

2) This picture that Janelle tweeted makes me wonder if Maddie would take the risk of falling from that height while pregnant, especially when there are a ton of non-pregnant people running around who could've done it for her. I know different people are comfortable with different things while pregnant, but riding on someone else's shoulders for no good reason?

Edited by sucker4reality
  • Love 3

Wait, so whom did they get to officiate the ceremony?  I wish the episode had spent some time on this!

Also, I was so bored and was paying so little attention that I almost didn't catch the amazing revelation that Kody apparently thinks a bar mitzvah and a knighting ceremony are the same thing.  Gold. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 3
On 12/20/2016 at 9:59 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

They're all related somehow. Kody and Christine are also 3rd cousins.

To be fair, although their family is more of a wreath than most, probably every Mormon with any kind of 19th century Utah roots is a third cousin to every other Mormon out there with 19th century Utah roots.  There weren't THAT many of them.  Like Mayflower descendants -- they're all related to one another because of a genetic bottleneck.  

So the marrying your mom's husband's son or your ex husband's sister stuff is flirting with (social) incest, the third cousin stuff is essentially meaningless.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2

Kody's speech was awful but I wonder if he has anxiety issues which make him blurt out stupid stuff? He seemed incredibly nervous up there considering he used to hold religious services in the home. I can't imagine asking any family member to write vows for a wedding because they would probably be too emotional to do a good job.  I hope Meri was thanked for all her organizing efforts. As far as Janelle's toast: asking Eeyore Janelle to give a happy toast is just futile. They should have had happy, jolly Christine do it. My current theory on Christine: She is happy all the time not because she is getting more sex, but because she is just a child at heart and in mind. I think she is very sheltered and when she was giggling so much at the cookie tasting, I think it is because she has so little experience with everything, she is just so happy to be doing something fun. 

• Love 5
On 12/19/2016 at 0:14 PM, sandyskyblue said:

check out her instagram and facebook pages.....

But they are private.....

On 12/19/2016 at 2:35 PM, Marigold said:

Janelle seems pretty checked out emotionally.  Maybe she didn't acknowledge how bad things had gotten with Maddie? 

If I remember correctly, Truly was rather sick and Christine didn't take her to the doctor until she was VERY sick. So, yeah, maybe it is a fear of doctors? 

More likely: fear of medical bills.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:11 AM, Kellyee said:

If the Browns were true Fundamentalist Mormons, and really believed in the polygamous lifestyle as a religious mandate, this would devastate them. Instead, they don't seem to mind at all that NONE of their older children, minus possibly Mariah, want to live polygamy. Their casualness about it all speaks volumes about how truly dedicated they are to their "religion". Kody is so worried about sex before marriage (but only with Mykelti, not Maddie), but has no negative feelings to express about Maddie marrying into a monogamous relationship.

I think they think the kids will change their minds down the road. Caleb comes from that same background, which is why they like him better: higher likelihood.

• Love 1

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Truely become ill while all the happy sisterwives were on a road trip to San Francisco to buy dresses for their re-commitment ceremony?  (Because there are no nice dresses for sale in Las Vegas?)  The kids were left with Kody, who delegated responsibility to the older kids.  Wasn't it one of them (Aspyn?) who finally became so concerned because Truely's temperature was so high and she was extremely lethargic?

Sorry I can't remember all the details.  I do have a life of my own.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but Maddie and Caleb have been married for more than 28 weeks.  Even if it is a honeymoon baby, FT would be March 11.  I am not thinking this is shotgun at all.

Yes, they were married June 4, so they'd have to have the baby sometime in Feb./ early March if it were truly a shotgun wedding.

I want to meet Kody face to face just so I can hold him down and shave his head.  He has soooooo many negative qualities, but the hair is so visible every time he is on the screen it drives me nuts.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, DeusExMaraschino said:

And way to go Janelle.  You summoned up some tears for your daughter giving you a gift.  And then you gave the WORST toast ever about how you're going to be miserable but hang in there and *spoiler alert* maybe 25 years into your relationship you can get into counseling and figure out that the two of you communicate differently!!!!!  WOW!!!  #polygamybenefits   I hate Janelle so much, I hate her more than Kody I think.  These other women were conditioned and brainwashed into polygamy but this is a full grown adult woman who set her hat on a married man and pursued him, even switching religions so she could have him.  

Edited by MonicaM
Tried to add text.
  • Love 1

Kody did not get his kid "bar mitzvah-ed" because neither Kody, nor his kid would be allowed up on the bima to even look at a torah, let alone read from it, because neither Kody nor his kid are jewish. He did some Krazy Kody Krap, and called it a Bar Mitzvah. 

I wonder how Kody and his harem would feel if someone with a tv show said they had a ceremony were they all got "sealed" because they thought it was 'kool', even though they aren't Mormon. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I wonder how Kody and his harem would feel if someone with a tv show said they had a ceremony were they all got "sealed" because they thought it was 'kool', even though they aren't Mormon. 

actually, they seem pretty laid back.  I doubt it would bother them.  In fact, they might be pleased.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Truely become ill while all the happy sisterwives were on a road trip to San Francisco to buy dresses for their re-commitment ceremony?  (Because there are no nice dresses for sale in Las Vegas?)  The kids were left with Kody, who delegated responsibility to the older kids.  Wasn't it one of them (Aspyn?) who finally became so concerned because Truely's temperature was so high and she was extremely lethargic?

Sorry I can't remember all the details.  I do have a life of my own.

I think you may be right about that - I seem to remember Aspyn calling someone, probably Christine, worried because Truly was lethargic?  And I also remember Aspyn being very tearful about all of it...there was a family gathering for a prayer or something and she was openly sobbing.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I haven't seen anyone bring it up. But did Madison say during the episode that people have been telling her that her best friend would make a great sister wife?

I think she said that people ask her if she would consider Dezi, her "other soulmate," as a sister wife, and then she said adamantly, "NO."

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

actually, they seem pretty laid back.  I doubt it would bother them.  In fact, they might be pleased.

If by laid back you mean ignorant and uneducated and willfully unprepared for anything from pitching a business plan to writing a speech for a daughters' wedding, then yeah, they're laid back. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Kody did not get his kid "bar mitzvah-ed" because neither Kody, nor his kid would be allowed up on the bima to even look at a torah, let alone read from it, because neither Kody nor his kid are jewish. He did some Krazy Kody Krap, and called it a Bar Mitzvah. 

I thought that bar mitzvah or whatever was so disrespectful to the Jewish faith that I was just aghast.  I'm not Jewish, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.  As I understand it, the bar mitzvah is one of the most important and sacred parts of the Jewish faith.  Young men study for months prior to the actual ceremony.  To say blithely say hey, I have a Jewish friend so I'm going to do a bar mitzvah too because it looks like fun is just beyond the worst.

They yammer all the time about spiritual marriages and how important they are to them.  Is a bar mitzvah any less important or sacred to a young Jewish man?

The Browns have done some shitty things, but this is in the top five in my opinion.  

My top stupid Brown moves are:

1)  Uprooting their family and scaring the crap out of their kids to move to Vegas

2)  Losing my cookie episode

3)  Divorce and adoption

4)  The bar mitzah "ceremony" in general

5)  Buying 4 mcmansions

6)   Truely almost dying

Sorry.  I couldn't limit myself to five.  These are in no particular order.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, corinnemchugh said:

You think Mariah is gay because she uses rainbow filters? 

http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equality/2015/06/27/show-your-pride-rainbow-filter-your-facebook-profile-pic

2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

But they are private.....

I checked out Mariah's Twitter and Facebook and there is no doubt she is a lesbian and not trying to hide it. Her Instagram is private though.

If you go to her fb page https://www.facebook.com/mariah.brown.967 and scroll down, you will see these words under a picture of her with a rainbow flag in the lower left "Update your profile picture with this frame from GLAAD." And if you click GLAAD, https://www.facebook.com/GLAAD/?pnref=story.

Also, you'll notice she's hugging the same girl in a lot of the pictures including the one with the rainbow filter. 

I think her big surprise is her coming out--only because she's been so blatant about it on social media!
https://twitter.com/mariahlian?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author 
Tagline: ask me about my radical feminist agenda
Private Instagram public bio:  Mariah Brown I like my coffee black & my feminism intersectional

Edited by trose
Hit "post" by accident!
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, toodles said:

I thought that bar mitzvah or whatever was so disrespectful to the Jewish faith that I was just aghast.  I'm not Jewish, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.  As I understand it, the bar mitzvah is one of the most important and sacred parts of the Jewish faith.  Young men study for months prior to the actual ceremony.  To say blithely say hey, I have a Jewish friend so I'm going to do a bar mitzvah too because it looks like fun is just beyond the worst.

They yammer all the time about spiritual marriages and how important they are to them.  Is a bar mitzvah any less important or sacred to a young Jewish man?

The Browns have done some shitty things, but this is in the top five in my opinion.  

1)  Uprooting their family and scaring the crap out of their kids to move to Vegas

3)  Divorce and adoption

5)  Buying 4 mcmansions

6)   Truely almost dying

During the first season where the three "OG" Sister Wives here going dress shopping with Sobyn, THINKING they were going to help her prepare for her wedding, and then Kody blurting out like a second grader, "I brought the dress!" with zero regard as to how it would affect his three "first" wives.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, toodles said:

3)  Divorce and adoption

5)  Buying 4 mcmansions

6)   Truely almost dying

You're right, it's a pretty big deal to have a bar mitzvah / bat, my kids both went for 5 hours a week to Hebrew school for years , plus had additional tutoring for year, once a week in Hebrew to be ready. Plus picked and worked on a mitzvah project, one was connected with an Asylum-Seeking charity and the other was a scarf-knitting project for our troops stationed over seas, I wonder what mitzvah project Kody helped Logan with....also, the whole point of a bar/bat mitzvah is that after going though the process, the young adult is now considered part of a minion, and therefore can be counted to form a congregation to have services, in the jewish religion you need 9. So is Logan now going to be participating in jewish services? (Rolling eyes). This is so important to the jewish people who have often been far from any form of official synagogue. (Like during times of war or persecution etc. ) This allows them to hold services anywhere there are 9 minions. The 2 bar mitzvahs my kids have had, were the 2 best days of my life. Filled with so much meaning and so much connection to my ancestors. 

kody being clueless just adds to his stupidity. He's really very lost. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 10

there was that other ep - one of the last ones I watched, actually - where the Browns were traveling around the country and ended up at a "Christian" polygamist family's place where the little boy was scared shitless of Kody, Christine compared polygamists to a rooster in a henhouse, and to top it off, Kody gave a prayer in Hebrew "for fun" which apparently was totally off, based on the furor it roused on social media. 

Wouldn't be the first time they swiped part of the Jewish religion "for fun".  Remember when they decided to celebrate Chanukah instead of Joseph Smith's birthday?  I think that was Christine's idea.  It would be one thing to be invited to a Jewish family's house to take part, but to just steal bits and pieces just for FUN.  Just insulting.

• Love 7

I wonder if the women all secretly read Kody's journals to see what he's been doing with the other wives.   

Poor Janelle, had to shade her eyes the whole time.

Yet she was still somehow able to cast all that shade on Meri.  Zing!

To Meri's credit, I don't think the fact that there might be two brides would stop her throwing a wedding to "rival" Maddie's and (hopefully) revelling in it.

Perhaps she'll follow Kody's lead and throw her a wetbar mitzvah.  Zing zing!

I was recently watching that episode of "The Office" where Michael makes Phyllis's wedding all about him -- just as he does everything else -- and I realized that Kody is the Michael Scott of this family.  Jenelle is dour Phyllis.  Mykelti is Kelly Kapoor.  Robyn is Angela, prudish and cunning.  Caleb and Mady are Jim and Pam, getting married in advance because they know Michael will muck up the ceremony.  ...If you've never seen The Office, nevermind.  But it translates, I swear!   

• Love 18
17 hours ago, DeusExMaraschino said:

But Kody with his frantic need to be the class clown just made me cringe like I was watching Michael Scott on the office again.

Holy shit, I submitted my post before I read this.  Great minds!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, toodles said:

This reminds me of when they had a big family feast on Thanksgiving but made a huge point of stating that they don't celebrate Thanksgiving - they just happened to be celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings.  But then, several seasons later, we were treated to the Great Corn-Can Hobby Lobby Thanksgiving Debacle of 2015 featuring Janelle and Meri.  Suddenly, Thanksgiving was okay again.

That's what makes Kody such a joke.  His morals and rules are very bendable, depending on which way the wind is blowing his hair that particular day.

EDIT: I see @DakotaJustice beat me to it, but I thought it was Thanksgiving they were messing with.  See, even the viewers can't keep the lies straight!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, corinnemchugh said:

It reminded me of that episode of The Office where Phyllis gets married and Michael pushes her elderly dad in the wheelchair down the aisle and is pissed off when the dad gets up because he's stealing attention from Michael. And then when Michael yells too early, "NOW PRESENTING MR AND MRS....!!!!" 

Another one!  I really need to read the last page before posting.  Sorry, all. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ladle said:

I wonder if the women all secretly read Kody's journals to see what he's been doing with the other wives.   

He doesn't get a house to himself, so, does he keep his things spread out within the 4 houses? And where would he keep something like that he may not want everyone to see? I wonder now.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:
On 12/19/2016 at 10:08 AM, wings707 said:

Then she went to college and met other lesbians. That must have made her very happy. 

The other kind of sister wife.

Remember when they all used to be so adamant that they don't "go weird"? 

9 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

And where would he keep something like that he may not want everyone to see?

Inside a piece of exercise equipment?

• Love 10