Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Maddie Gets Married

• Start Topic

Thanks Galloway Cave. I do like getting to weddings early so I can sit in front. Just a side note, I sit on the aisle,  I won't move down for late comers. Excited to see the mothers of the bride dresses, hair and makeup.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 9

Any prediction's for tonight's episode?

Clips of Maddie as a young girl, maybe? With the Browns reminiscing.

The Browns reminiscing about their wedding day(s), AGAIN.

Maddie and Caleb talking about how they met.

The Sister Wives talking about how this is a monogamous wedding, and how Maddie will miss out on the benefits of plural marriage.

Then the last thirty minutes will be of the wedding itself, then the reception.

Kody crying. Robyn crying (so surprise here). Christine crying, squealing at times. Janelle stoic.

Just my thoughts. I'd love to hear the thoughts of anyone else.

• Love 5

You're welcome, jacksgirl. I figured there would be some pre-service mingling going on! Mock-cocktails and appa-teasers in individual plastic cups too.

Predictions:

Kody runs and catches the bouquet, then turns and hugs Caleb.

Mykelti talks about what she will do at her wedding (despite the fact that we will already know from social media).

Words of Wisdom from Truley. Hopefully a bunch of TH from her. Plus a free-ranging Sol driving everyone insane.

Not even taking bets on what the Mothers of the Bride dresses will look like. Come on Meri, please step it up!

• Love 9

Janel says she noticed at the furneral of Kody's brother that Maddie and Caleb were making googly eyes at one another and it was obvious. Then cut to Maddie talking about how she and Caleb got to know each other better after the funeral. Her version is that she was going up there to 'help' the aunt (by marriage). And Caleb was also coming around a lot to 'help' the aunt. Maybe I'm cynical. But it seems like Maddie was going up there to hook up with Caleb. Helping aunt was probably just a convenient reason to go. Terrible, I know, but that's where my my immediately went ?

Eagerly waiting to see the part where Kody tells Maddie she is the prettiest bride he's seen. Wonder is Robin will give him the hairy eyeball. Or cut him off later, in the treehouse. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Awfarmington said:

Janel says she noticed at the furneral of Kody's brother that Maddie and Caleb were making googly eyes at one another and it was obvious.

Perhaps someone should remind Janelle that three years ago Maddie was 16 and Caleb was 25.  I would have been deeply concerned if it were my daughter, because she was still a minor. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, VedaPierce said:

I have yet to see Janelle lift a finger to help Maddie in any way with the wedding. 

I had to laugh when she was "helping" with the dreamcatchers, she sat there and said she had the wrong string and then Maddie had to cut her another piece. Yup, not much help.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Perhaps someone should remind Janelle that three years ago Maddie was 16 and Caleb was 25.  I would have been deeply concerned if it were my daughter, because she was still a minor. 

When I was 21, I dated a guy who was 36. Even though I was grown, my mom was totally against it and let me know often. She said a guy that age dating a girl my age isnt ever a good idea. And that normally men date much younger girls so they can control them. Women their own age have their number and don't usually put up with it as much. Within a month of dating he was talking about when we were going to get married to how I birth his children (homebirth only). I realized my mom was right and  broke things off. He stalked me for close to a year. But to this day, I think about my experience with that older guy, when I see young girls/older men.  Maddie seems like she wears the pants in the relationship though? But I could be reading it wrong. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Any prediction's for tonight's episode?

Clips of Maddie as a young girl, maybe? With the Browns reminiscing.

The Browns reminiscing about their wedding day(s), AGAIN.

Maddie and Caleb talking about how they met.

The Sister Wives talking about how this is a monogamous wedding, and how Maddie will miss out on the benefits of plural marriage.

Then the last thirty minutes will be of the wedding itself, then the reception.

Kody crying. Robyn crying (so surprise here). Christine crying, squealing at times. Janelle stoic.

Just my thoughts. I'd love to hear the thoughts of anyone else.

Well, you got the clips as a young girl and Maddie and Caleb talking about how they met.  We are pretty close to the last thirty minutes being of the wedding.

You win the prize......  Close enough.

• Love 1

Kody is stuffed into that vest, I have said before I am no slim shady but every Brown family member walking down that aisle could have stood to lose a few.

MEOW!

Caleb is more emotionally mature than Kody will ever be. Kody always has to be the clown at the center of attention even when it's not his day to shine.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, escapetoreality said:

"Who gives this bride away?"

"I do. Kody Brown."  We can all see who it is.  What a douche.

Wouldn't the appropriate answer have been "Her mother and I do"...    Oh, but wait.  Janelle mostly let Christine raise her...

Can I borrow a time machine to go back, and maybe slap some sense into whoever decided to ask Kody to officiate?

• Love 16
Just now, MelissaMinion said:

Wouldn't the appropriate answer have been "Her mother and I do"...    Oh, but wait.  Janelle mostly let Christine raise her...

Can I borrow a time machine to go back, and maybe slap some sense into whoever decided to ask Kody to officiate?

Maddie did.  A cautionary tale of be careful what you wish for.

• Love 1

When I saw Mariah crying during the procession, my thought was, yeah, because this will probably never be you.  It wasn't a nice thought, but even if same sex marriage is legal where she lives, the family isn't going to make this big a deal out of her marriage.

• Love 3

"Mom gets emotional when it's something that matters to HER..." and her speech is about sticking with your spouse even when the marriage is crappy....

I need to stop now, because I'm getting too poop-stormed about how Maddie's parents made this all about them....

• Love 20

Janelle's speech was awful. This is what happens when you wing it and don't take the time to really put some thought and effort into your words. She only had an hours long car ride to sit and work on a speech for her daughters' wedding day. Janelle is so lame. 

• Love 12