Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Pride

• Start Topic

In the wake of the attack on the gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla., Lisa puts her own safety aside to ride in the Pride Parade; jealousy sparks the nastiest fight of Tom and Ariana's relationship; Stassi plans a birthday trip to Montauk, N.Y.

18 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Instagram "Influencers"?  Probably something else but they are all over social media.

Ugh. You mean Blond Chin Nation? They seem SUPER genuine! Can't wait to see their weekly drivel in the Seaside Heights of the Hamptons.

I hate everyone on this show. Jax outskeeves himself every week. FI Tom should know he can't give poker face with all that botox. Stassi's white hair is the worst. LVP sucks for always pretending to be "busy" and for using dogs and gay people to show us her tenderhearted fabulosity. 

And I understand it's a matter of personal taste and there's a racetrack right there, but Sonoma is GORGEOUS. And even if you're blind you should go there because it smells amazing. I do not get spending the day with NASCAR there.

You guys are truly my people. I was afraid to click on the topic because I thought I might have viewed this ep through the eyes of my tiny cold dead black heart. While that still may be the case I am glad I'm not alone in thinking this was stupid self-serving dreck that used a sad, frightening and violent tragedy to make all the wrong people people feel good about themselves.

Also, Katie's hair and attitude are still insane. But this week it was mostly the hair.  

• Love 22

Aw I know it's weird but I thought Tom S was cute with all his emotions lol.

Some of it was a bit ridiculous with the patting of their own backs but I saw no harm in it.

LaLa and her mysterious bf continues to be annoying.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 12

The Return of Stassi's BIRRRTHDAYYY!!!!!!! Oh boy. 

35 minutes ago, Marley said:

Aw I know it's weird but I thought Tom was cute with all his emotions lol.

For clarification, which Tom? BOTH are emotional, LOL

FI has been slightly cute to me lately. Shoot me now (*said in Bugs Bunny voice*). I mean, I would never go NEAR him to date him, but, he's growing on me.

ETA: OH MY GOSH, he just freaking called Ariana out as having a rep as Grumpy Cat. I called it a couple seasons ago. I now flove him, it's required; he totally reads the boards.

Hi, Sandoval!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 14

Gee, Ariana's cocktail videos looked so much fun to watch. Perhaps it is because she takes comedy seriously.

FI Tom was probably somewhat jealous and wanted to be involved in Ariana's cocktails book, but Ariana was being a bitch to him at that lunch. FI did get some digs in as well. If I was at that lunch I would have tried to make an excuse to get out of there during the Ariana and Tom bitchfest.

So does anyone know who Lala's phantom boyfriend was? It seems strange that she will not even mention his name. She does not have to tell anyone his whole name, but she could just call him by his first name or something. The whole thing is weird.

I get Lisa does not like Stassi, but I hate the catty remark she said about getting food to go in front of Stassi's "friends". I think she made some remark to Kristen at the dog event about whatever happened with Brittany in front of others as well. I get that she does not like them, but it seems so tacky.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Marley said:

Aw I know it's weird but I thought Tom was cute with all his emotions lol.

Some of it was a bit ridiculous with the patting of their own backs but I saw no harm in it.

LaLa and her mysterious bf continues to be annoying.

Sandoval has always been quick to cry. Anyone remember his weepy apology to Scheana?

No one cares who Lala's dumb boyfriend is.

I know a great way to demonstrate that I'm appealing and have a dedicated following for a potential book: I'll do a series of impassive YouTube videos where I silently make drinks without explaining the name of the drink or its ingredients. That can't possibly fail. Also who brought this opportunity to Ariana? She's making the video in SUR only using LVP Sangria and vodka.

• Love 7

It's kind of hilarious the story of Lalas Range Rover is ending up like a game of telephone by Lala herself. First she leased it with her Mom, then the possibly married guy bought it for her, and now she won it in a raffle. 

Stassi and her birthday!!! Does this mean she is returning to Princess Stassi persona? Do it Stassi. You are better than this second tier bridesmaid role you are playing. Also LVP is rude. I get she doesn't like Stassi but Basically insinuating she should have taken her meal to go is beyond rude.

Araina the only reason you may get a book is because you are a reality show, I hope someone calls her on this at the reunion.

The Orlando part was beyond sad. I mean I'm not sad about how it affected the pump rules people but the actual Orlando people is devastating. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Also who brought this opportunity to Ariana? She's making the video in SUR only using LVP Sangria and vodka.

Yeah, they're doing more and more clunky rehearsed scenes this season. Between LVP's 'Hey, you tag all my crap restaurants! It's win-win!'  and the chin twins' 'You know what's really great? Montauk in the summer! We leave shitty Italy early to hang in Montauk! You should come hang! It's totally casual! I'm breezy!'

Gah. So much hate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Those twins are what Stassi wishes she looked like.

Good for Lala for keeping her professionalism when Stassi came in the restaurant. That matrix motion she did in her TH was funny. Lala strikes me as the girl who probably got crap from other girls in school just for how she looked and because boys liked her and probably has a thicker skin because of it. She doesn't come across catty either, like she can roll with the punches and move on. That's the real reason why the coven hates her. Insecure bitties can't stand somebody that can stand on their own smh.

I saw an article that said Lala is leaving the show. Too bad, I like her.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Michichick said:

I assume the trip to Montauk will tie in with the upcoming Summer Rental show for which there was a commercial during VR. Summer Rental takes place in Montauk.

Summer Rental may not be the correct name.

Yep, the twins on the show tonight are going to be on "Summer House" starting Jan 16 (on Bravo, of course).  I'm guessing Stassi's Bday may be the opening episode.  

• Love 8

Stassi's jab about hoping her table accommodates winter bodies was gold.  

Brittany, I think you're beautiful and the sweetest person on the show, but that outfit....  I wish Lisa wouldn't make them wear the skimpiest clothing ever.  Poor Ariana was almost naked.  

• Love 17
5 hours ago, chick binewski said:

You guys are truly my people. I was afraid to click on the topic because I thought I might have viewed this ep through the eyes of my tiny cold dead black heart. While that still may be the case I am glad I'm not alone in thinking this was stupid self-serving dreck that used a sad, frightening and violent tragedy to make all the wrong people people feel good about themselves.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but this shooting is quickly becoming like that high school shooting people go on and on and on about. I don't want to diminish what happened, but constant naval-gazing and blubbering about it isn't accomplishing anything. Of course, these twits talk the talk and cry semi-appropriately, but then they're all like "I'm too scared to goto work and get wasted!".

So... is Lala a whore again? I am confused by her constantly hinting she's a prostitute (in her first season she asked successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks for time off to spend the weekend in Italy for a "modeling gig" before admitting that's not what it is for), only to dissolve into tears when people begin to gossip about it. Now she claims she got a car in exchange for a Lewinski, then claims she won it in a raffle? I just can't deal with her.

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I know a great way to demonstrate that I'm appealing and have a dedicated following for a potential book: I'll do a series of impassive YouTube videos where I silently make drinks without explaining the name of the drink or its ingredients. That can't possibly fail.

Wow, Arianna's getting the extra bitchy edit this season, isn't she? I missed the setup for her drink-making video, but was she trying to launch a YouTube series or was that going to be part of  millionaire mogul Lisa Vanderbuck's restaurant web site? Whatever it was, the site of Arianna silently staring down the camera as she made that cocktail was pure fail.

I think I saw Peter. He has plastic surgery in Tijuana, didn't he?

• Love 4

I think Peter might be on Jax's "supplements" or something. Yes, the haircut and shave made a big difference, but his face looked heavier, like Jax's has gotten over the years, and his body looked totally jacked. Like if a terrorist (as they assumed) came into SUR, have no fear, Peter could pick up Schwartz and swing him around to knock out the bad guys.

Sorry, I didn't quote above as I was reading and now I can't find the quotes. But I'm in total agreement that Lisa comes off as using gay people to push her restaurants. I do think she's an ally, but she just comes off as disingenuous. And these skimpy outfits she makes her employees wear is just creepy. Poor Brittany having to put on fishnets and polka-dotted denim shorts over her "uniform."

Lala was so uncomfortable at that lunch! Wow, Ariana got ALMOST as nasty as Katie. She recognized he was jealous, but instead of acknowledging that she understood his feelings but she hopes he can support this opportunity for her...well, you all saw the show. But no wonder why Grumpy Cat didn't want Tom in her silent movie debut, of course he'd show some personality; cracking a slight smile would outshine her.

speaking of Lala, now that she got dumped and can no longer play the Who Is He game, she's all, guys, he's a football player; we'd need to fly to Florida (or wherever to see him). Any guesses?!? 

• Love 10

So does anyone know who Lala's phantom boyfriend was? It seems strange that she will not even mention his name. She does not have to tell anyone his whole name, but she could just call him by his first name or something. The whole thing is weird.

It's been my theory all along that Lala is juggling multiple men, hence why she's deliberately vague.  

Stassi's self tanner action this episode was appalling.  Huge stains near her armpits and shockingly white hands.  Girl is slipping.

Their reactions to Orlando seemed real, and incredibly sad.  With helicopters flying overhead and various reports of copycat shooters, I might have been concerned to be at the parade.  Not so much concern going to work at Sur.  

Ok, I finally see it, why does Peter look so different??  Also, anyone notice how bulked up Sandoval is now?  Competing with Jax maybe?

Edited by snarts
grammar
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, snarts said:

anyone notice how bulked up Sandoval is now?

You know who doesn't look bulked up? Schwartz. When he walked into Pump, he looked like a schlubby suburban dad who got lost going to the nearest outlet mall and needed to ask for directions. Incredibly disheveled. I've always thought he was cute, but eesh. 

• Love 15

It was interesting to see some underlying issues in the Tom-Arianna relationship. They always want to act like they're just best, best friends who fuck. And Arianna is the "cool girl" - too cool for drama. So I guess it's TOM who brings the drama. Personally, I understood his jealousy. Arianna HAS always acted like bartending just pays the bill. She's a "serious comedienne", remember? Tom has always seemed to have a lot more fun with it. But if Arianna was the one who was approached about a book, he just needs to put on his big girl panties and be supportive. I will say, though, the way she spoke to him was really nasty and it's quite clear who wears the pants in this relationship. 

I am SO in for the return of Stassi's birthday! Arianna wants to try and rival her? With NASCAR? Bitch, take a seat. 

Who is this dude Lala is supposedly banging? She's got a Range Rover and can summon private jets at will? What's with all the secrecy? He's either super private or definitely married. Scheana is one to talk, though. 

I don't want to comment too much on the whole Pride thing. I can't imagine what people were feeling in the aftermath of that. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a certain target made people across the country fear that more similar targets would be attacked in the wake. Yes, they mostly came off a bit too self-important, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that coordinated attacks could happen like that. As cheesy as some of them were being, I do appreciate the ones who showed up for Lisa and went into work. I'm not saying they were really putting the life on the line or anything. But I think some people just wanted an excuse to stay home, so it was that some of them put their fears (real or amped up) aside and went and did their job. 

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, snarts said:

It's been my theory all along that Lala is juggling multiple men, hence why she's deliberately vague.  

Right - didn't she say to someone that she wasn't dating "that" married man?  

Maybe all the men she's dating started a gofund me page to get her the Range Rover...

• Love 10
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I know a great way to demonstrate that I'm appealing and have a dedicated following for a potential book: I'll do a series of impassive YouTube videos where I silently make drinks without explaining the name of the drink or its ingredients. That can't possibly fail.

I really didn't understand why it was silent? Are we supposed to guess what she's doing? Was the guy just going to use stills from the shoot as photos in the book? What was going on????

7 hours ago, Negritude said:

Lala strikes me as the girl who probably got crap from other girls in school just for how she looked and because boys liked her and probably has a thicker skin because of it. She doesn't come across catty either, like she can roll with the punches and move on

Except Lala has made all kinds of nasty comments to the other girls, and not even in retaliation. She walked right up to them and basically called them "fat" in the opening episode. She seems catty as hell, to me. I think it's possible she dealt with mean girls who were jealous of her looks when she was younger. But I also think it's possible that she loved the attention guys gave her and intentionally used it against the other girls. I don't think any of them are innocent in their behavior. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Ugh. You mean Blond Chin Nation? They seem SUPER genuine! Can't wait to see their weekly drivel in the Seaside Heights of the Hamptons.

I hate everyone on this show. Jax outskeeves himself every week. FI Tom should know he can't give poker face with all that botox. Stassi's white hair is the worst. LVP sucks for always pretending to be "busy" and for using dogs and gay people to show us her tenderhearted fabulosity. 

And I understand it's a matter of personal taste and there's a racetrack right there, but Sonoma is GORGEOUS. And even if you're blind you should go there because it smells amazing. I do not get spending the day with NASCAR there.

Also, Katie's hair and attitude are still insane. But this week it was mostly the hair.  

Heck I live 10 miles from the Napa Valley, am a lifelong NASCAR fan and even I don't go to the race at Sears Point.  Dreadful drive, dreadful parking and dreadful seats.  Skip the track and drive 29 through the wine country instead.   

• Love 7

Ariana and FI's cat fight was wonderful, I enjoy them so much more when they're being bitches than when they're pretending they're better than everyone else and too cool to ever feel catty about anything.  And Ariana was just as mean as Katie, she just manages to keep her voice at a normal human level. 

There's a thread somewhere here where someone mentions Lala's man - I think he's a dolphins player? It's clear she's not allowed to say his name because he wants their relationship on the DL. I feel like he was embarrassed more than anything. Does anyone believe Lala doesn't fly commercial? The things these people brag about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Right - didn't she say to someone that she wasn't dating "that" married man?  

Maybe all the men she's dating started a gofund me page to get her the Range Rover...

Haha, yes, her weird specific language about not dating "*a* married human" popped to mind for me, too.

Here's my question: Just who approached Ariana about a book? If they still had to shop it around to publishers, it can't be all that firm of a deal. So FI should make a few videos of his own, write up a book proposal, and drop trou in a publisher's office on his own behalf. 

Ariana's "I'm not a (dirty) salesperson" comment rankled me. Lady, you're an actress/"comedienne," featured on a reality tv show, working as a bartender in restaurants owned by a reality TV star. (A) You DO have to sell yourself, daily, in your job as it is; (B) why is what you do morally superior to being a salesperson? That she should somehow have to condescend to "sell" (i.e. convince someone to buy her book for publication) was further example of her arrogance. In fact, if she refuses to "sell" herself even after the book published, it would flop (and would probably be part of a celebrity book contract anyway). "Grumpy Cat's Hipster Cocktail Hour, With Photos" isn't going to fly off the shelves by itself; she needs to convince people who don't know who she is--AND those who watch VPR--to buy this thing. Simply existing isn't a marketing plan.

Of course, FI's eager reply, "I am!" kinda made up for her snottiness  ;)

• Love 5

Hayes was Lala's football player ex from last season. Apparently, Hayes came to visit last season. He and LaLa had sex. She ate his ass out and later made out with James. James was pissed. I don't think Hayes is married. I don't know who is her married ex.

Sandoval is disingenuous about his life long commitment to bartending. What about his band from seasons 1 and 2 and Charles McMansion in season 4? Sandoval has always been the more personable and enthusiastic of the two. However, Ariana appears to be the stronger bartender of the two. Last season when they had the kids come to dinner at SUR, Sandoval and Ariana both created a drink. Ariana's won based on taste.

Lisa is clearly behind some of the cocktail book nonsense. I'm sure they could have found somewhere else to film, but they chose SUR and used only LVP products.

• Love 6

The Pulse reaction is so difficult to judge. On the one hand, I think our cultural attention has wandered too much and too quickly and even if it's recalled on freaking Vanderpump Rules, with a bunch of vapid white straights keening and crying on TV, it's good we're being reminded of it. And my own vapid, straightish white ass got all choked up too, even as I was very frustrated with how the cast was acting, and how production chose to craft these scenes. It just wasn't a good look, and I don't think the VPR team was self-aware enough to see it. They should have packaged it differently.

My gut reaction says shame on the lot of them for not showing up to work to serve drinks to people who are grieving and trying to celebrate Pride as best as they can...but I wasn't there. I probably would have had a lot of second thoughts about it too, especially in light of being on a highly visible reality show -- maybe SUR/Pump could have been a target for a copycat (a Drag Race alum, Kenya Michaels, headlined at Pulse that night, so it might not be far-fetched for a deranged gunman to seek out a venue like theirs). So rather than blame them for staying home, the show should have in my opinion put the focus elsewhere rather than the self-indulgent mewling of the main cast. Focus instead on what the day looked like for the employees who were there, and why they decided to stick it out. Hell, give us an actual gay SUR or Pump employee in a little cameo...we've seen a few briefly on-camera in other episodes, and this would have been a great episode to actually hear from them. I liked that the show reminded us of this tragedy, but it was through entirely the wrong lens.

• Love 14

Their reactions to Orlando seemed real, and incredibly sad.

I agree. There was a real sense of fear and uncertainly surrounding Pride events all across the country that Sunday, but maybe especially so in L.A., since an actual attack had been planned for there.

Makes sense, because while Hayes Pullard might not be married, one of LaLa's other boyfriends could very well be.

I'm with Jax regarding Arianna's backside. Yowza.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

(Watching on delay) - STING, please don't be on WHHL.  Ugh.

The other night, Dan Rather was on WWHL -- esteemed, well-respected, journalist Dan Rather!    I couldn't believe he would stoop to being on WWHL.  Perhaps you heard me screaming "Nooooooooooo!" from Minnesota.  Sigh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Stassi's self tanner action this episode was appalling.  Huge stains near her armpits and shockingly white hands.  Girl is slipping.

Their reactions to Orlando seemed real, and incredibly sad.  With helicopters flying overhead and various reports of copycat shooters, I might have been concerned to be at the parade.  Not so much concern going to work at Sur.  

Ok, I finally see it, why does Peter look so different??  Also, anyone notice how bulked up Sandoval is now?  Competing with Jax maybe?

Picked that up as well!

No Kristen at all this episode.

Edited by tvfanatic13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Hayes came to visit last season. He and LaLa had sex. She ate his ass out and later made out with James. James was pissed. 

This is perhaps the most disgusting and at the same time the funniest thing I have ever read in my life!!

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Negritude said:

Good for Lala for keeping her professionalism when Stassi came in the restaurant. That matrix motion she did in her TH was funny. Lala strikes me as the girl who probably got crap from other girls in school just for how she looked and because boys liked her and probably has a thicker skin because of it. She doesn't come across catty either, like she can roll with the punches and move on. That's the real reason why the coven hates her. Insecure bitties can't stand somebody that can stand on their own smh.

I saw an article that said Lala is leaving the show. Too bad, I like her.

I like her, too, and I'd probs like her IRL *now* but maybe not when I was younger.  The girls said last season that she "leads with her sexuality", which I agree with.  And if you're not someone who is like that, you may judge it.  Also, it's a little bit of jealousy, the sexy girl who wants all the attention, like I'd be thinking, "I would look absolutely ridiculous if I even dreamed of acting like that, and that is so not fair that she gets away with it."

now I'm just old and I am what I am and you are what you are & I know for a fact that it's not gonna change so we're all just living....

Girl stuff's weird.

• Love 14

The other night, Dan Rather was on WWHL -- esteemed, well-respected, journalist Dan Rather! I couldn't believe he would stoop to being on WWHL.

That was actually Rather's third or fourth appearance on WWHL. I think he also has a show on Andy's Sirius channel.

• Love 4

I fell asleep during this and will have to rewatch tonight but I'm happy to see that I'm not the only person with a cold black heart who was wondering WTF? with this episode (from what I saw.) 

Yeah, we get it, Flat Iron.  You have feelings, you're an actor, you have all of them.  Orlando was beyond tragic and sad but I still got up and went into work that morning.  I also live in LA.  So what gives?  

I actually found myself gleeful over Flat Iron and Nugget's fighting over the cocktail book.  Yes, I'm probably going to hell.  He's so jealous and she's such a Grumpy Cat (excellent comparison, Flat Iron, although apologies to Grumpy Cat herself). 

Katie continues to be a real PITA.  She obviously didn't want to go to work.

Lala gets paid $10 an hour?  How does she survive in WeHo?  Well . . . I guess that answers THAT question.  That and the Bravo paycheck. 

Will have to report back after I finish the episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, teapot said:

I like her, too, and I'd probs like her IRL *now* but maybe not when I was younger.  The girls said last season that she "leads with her sexuality", which I agree with.  And if you're not someone who is like that, you may judge it.  Also, it's a little bit of jealousy, the sexy girl who wants all the attention, like I'd be thinking, "I would look absolutely ridiculous if I even dreamed of acting like that, and that is so not fair that she gets away with it."

now I'm just old and I am what I am and you are what you are & I know for a fact that it's not gonna change so we're all just living....

Girl stuff's weird.

I don't think she does pull it off though. She seems incredibly insecure and desperate for approval, especially of these girls. Her "I'm so tough" act falls apart every episode. I think she just doesn't know how else to live her life.  And I don't understand the girls being jealous - they could all be scamming some sugar daddy for cash too if they wanted. I am not a woman though, so maybe I just don't get the interplay here.

• Love 8

OK, so lemme get this straight.  People are slaughtered horribly in a gay club in Orlando, so that's an awesome excuse for the chucklefucks to all get sloppy drunk, for Lisa & Ken to make dough off this tragedy (while APPEARING to be charitable in a ridiculously disingenuous & icky way) & for FI to show off his really really really crappy cry-acting?  Ugh.  

The Pride ep every season makes me wanna hurl.  And there's Jax looking sweaty & bloated as hell & getting loaded -- as per usual.  Ew.

Oh Brit.  Another incredibly unflattering ensemble.

Were FI & Ari play acting for us?  Cuz if they weren't, looks like that relationship is heading for the rocks.

Wowza, Peter looked smokin' hot.

• Love 11