Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Joy is asking for advice about how to stop Gideon sucking his thumb. The dentist said it could have already cause damage

So she’s asking a bunch of randos on social media. 🤦‍♀️ What about her own family members? They have raised a gazillion kids!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
48 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So she’s asking a bunch of randos on social media. 🤦‍♀️ What about her own family members? They have raised a gazillion kids!

Why not ask the dentist?  Most pediatric dentists have information on how to transition a kid away from sucking their thumb.  As do pediatricians, but I doubt Joy takes her kids to one regularly. And, presumably, that advice would be medically sound and safe to use.  No telling what the leg humpers might recommend.

Edited by Notabug
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

What about her own family members? They have raised a gazillion kids!

By blanket training them and requiring instant obedience... or ignoring them and allowing them to roam feral... she's better off asking strangers on the internet! (Though yes, a dentist would be preferable.)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That's one big...thick...pickle!

I figured out in my early 20s never to take photos holding phallus shaped objects. There is an embarrassing photo of me at a theme park enjoying a lollipop. HILARIOUS but my friends didnt put it on the internet. It's a good laugh between friends, but I wouldn't post it. Joy and Austin look happy together, I am not a fan of the beard, but I admit it brings out the color in his eyes.

Edited to add- a trim and shaping of the beard may make all the difference, it would still bring out his eyes, but look more "polished". I know Austin is an outdoorsy guy, but there's a way to look casual yet polished.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Pickle juice is good for stopping thumb sucking and toughening the skin for pitching. Win/win.

The problem with using pickle juice or hot sauce or any other remedy because it tastes "bad" is the fact that children can adapt very quickly.  Unless the child is already a super-taster, odds are your child will learn to like whatever "icky" substance you attempt to put on their thumb.  Also, they never last the night.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
35 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The problem with using pickle juice or hot sauce or any other remedy because it tastes "bad" is the fact that children can adapt very quickly.  Unless the child is already a super-taster, odds are your child will learn to like whatever "icky" substance you attempt to put on their thumb.  Also, they never last the night.  

I'll take a wild guess and say Giddy probably likes pickle juice. We know Henry likes to drink it out of the jar.

Joy needs to first get Giddy to stop sucking his thumb when he's awake. Then reward him for that. Then she should read him to sleep for a few nights while discouraging him from putting his thumb in his mouth as he's falling asleep. Maybe offering him a blanker to cuddle. Again, rewarding him.

If Joy's smart she would do the same thing with Evvie's pacifier at the same time. If they do it now, they have 5ish months prior to the new baby coming.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

OMG! Did Joy try that?!?!?

In a story she said the weird thing on Giddy’s arms were braces that would prevent him from getting his hands to his face. I was using my phone and didn’t get a good look at them. My guess is she was preempting criticism by explaining it was to stop thumb sucking. 

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 5
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I was kidding. Mets pitcher Jacob DeGrom said the pickle juice didn't work for him (this year) and I don't think it worked for Nolan Ryan when he was a Met either.

22 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I was kidding. Mets pitcher Jacob DeGrom said the pickle juice didn't work for him (this year) and I don't think it worked for Nolan Ryan when he was a Met either.

There's a common denominator there, and it isn't the 🥒 juice. 😀

• LOL 1

Joy posted a video of them telling all the family she is pregnant. It was nice except for the part where she told her JB via phone face time.  She face timed Jill, Jinger, Jason (and Claire separate), Justin, James, in person with Abbie and then at a lunch with the rest of the sisters/sils and her mom (though she may have told her already) and they told Austin's family first when they came to pick up their kids after their trip to Alaska. It was good she was talking about seeing her Dr and the monitoring they were doing with her.  Oh they also told their kids, Gideon was hoping for a present as the surprise. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Observations from the video...

• I'm surprised Joy knows the word "tangible"...
  • Jim Bob said Joy is having grandchild #30... Assuming he's counting Hannah's unborn child, doesn't that leave 3 unaccounted for? So the supposed babies of Kendra and Lauren, and then another mystery child or pregnancy that is farther along than Joy's? Or am I miscounting?
  • All the sibling FaceTime reactions seemed totally staged/ feigned surprise. Jill scaring Freddy was pretty funny.
  • I also loved Evy insisting she wanted a baby brother rather than "a little sister to play princesses with" (shut up, Austin!).
Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 3
  • Useful 7

Thanks for the synopsis. Saves us many clicks. I don't want to add to the coffers of any of these people.

3 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

• Jim Bob said Joy is having grandchild #30... Assuming he's counting Hannah's unborn child, doesn't that leave 3 unaccounted for? So the supposed babies of Kendra and Lauren, and then another mystery child or pregnancy that is farther along than Joy's? Or am I miscounting?
  • All the sibling FaceTime reactions seemed totally staged/ feigned surprise. Jill scaring Freddy was pretty funny.

I got up to 29 counting the two mystery babies. Claire must be pregnant.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
12 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Or Jim Bob doesn't know how to count to 30. It's always a possibility. 

IF the persistent(ly annoying) rumors about Joe and Kendra, and Josiah and Lauren, having another one are true, then I have the count at 29. Maybe they're counting Annabelle to make it 30? 

Smuggar 7 

John 2

Jill 3

Jessa 4

Jinger 2

Joe 4

Josiah 2

Joy 3 plus Annabel 

Jed 1

Jeremiah 1 

Edited by Heathen
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

They haven't counted any other miscarriages or stillbirths so I don't think they'll count Annabel.  There's a birth or pregnancy that hasn't hit our radar.

That's why I mentioned Claire. Everyone else is pretty much accounted for.

Except Jessa. Fern is over a year old, she's in her new house, time to get knocked up again. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

Joy posted a video of them telling all the family she is pregnant. It was nice except for the part where she told her JB via phone face time.  She face timed Jill, Jinger, Jason (and Claire separate), Justin, James, in person with Abbie and then at a lunch with the rest of the sisters/sils and her mom (though she may have told her already) and they told Austin's family first when they came to pick up their kids after their trip to Alaska. It was good she was talking about seeing her Dr and the monitoring they were doing with her.  Oh they also told their kids, Gideon was hoping for a present as the surprise. 

Jesus - who cares, Joy? 🤦‍♀️

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Lauren had twins, or maybe Bunny Kendra has had baby number 5.

Lauren having twins would make Joy's comment about having twins make even more sense.

I was just thinking one of them must have had twins or be pregnant with twins (I hope it’s not Jessa she’d be so jealous). 

I like that Joy FaceTimed Jill, I wasn’t sure what there relationship was like but they both seemed happy. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

They haven't counted any other miscarriages or stillbirths so I don't think they'll count Annabel.  There's a birth or pregnancy that hasn't hit our radar.

I'm not sure I'd discount Annabel. They counted Jubilee, but not J-Caleb, for a while. Has anyone else had a stillbirth (or a very close to the line miscarriage)? Asa and River were fairly early in the first trimester, I think and Jessa and Anna have never gone into much detail publicly about theirs. 

35 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I'm not sure I'd discount Annabel. They counted Jubilee, but not J-Caleb, for a while. Has anyone else had a stillbirth (or a very close to the line miscarriage)? Asa and River were fairly early in the first trimester, I think and Jessa and Anna have never gone into much detail publicly about theirs. 

Ofsmuggar's miscarriage (between Mackynzie and Michael) was very early stage. I think she said at one point that it was the day after her positive pregnancy test. If she weren't in a fertility cult, she probably wouldn't have noticed. 

Back to Joy -- I think my count is the logical answer to 30. Even the photos that people claim "prove" that Lauren had another baby only show one car seat. The alleged breastfeeding photo of Kendra only showed one baby. 

8 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet JimBob picks a number that is close to what he thinks he has.  But I bet this means more announcements are coming. Kind of like when Jordyn spilled the beans before. 

When did Jordyn spill beans? 

28 minutes ago, Heathen said:

When did Jordyn spill beans? 

On Jeremy and Jinger's podcast.. She said that more babies were coming before they had been announced. This was after Evy Jo was born. I think she spilled about Jessa, specifically, but I don't exactly remember. 

All the phone call reactions looked fake to me, including the immediate reactions (like, if someone Face Timed me and was holding up a positive pregnancy test, I think it would take me a few seconds to grasp what I was seeing, no?). The in-person reactions looked somewhat more genuine, but these are the Duggars-- they've had a lifetime of faking "reality." I have no doubt the timeline of finding out was not the same as what we saw in the video.

As for Jim Bob's number 30 comment, it got people talking, as I'm sure it was intended to. Now, whether that was Jim Bob's direct intention, or suggested to him by one of the kids (Joy, to get her views up? She doesn't seem that calculating, but who knows... Maybe whoever is pregnant with #29? If it's Jessa, I could see her enjoy building anticipation before she announces.), I don't know. But it seemed very deliberate.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

It just occurred to me, why would Joy tell JB she's pregnant before she told Michelle (if the video timeline was correct)? Was she more connected to her dad?

To me, it looked like she called the out of towner sibs and JimBob. It looked like the sisters lunch (except for Jill and Abby) was a planned thing so maybe she just figured she do it all there for the local sisters & Mom. 

• Love 2

http://theduggarblogs.blogspot.com/p/all-about-grandbabies.html

Here is the list of all of the grandchildren, including when they were born and their place in terms of the grandchildren. There are 25 grandchildren who have been born that we know of. Two (Hannah's and Joy's) who are yet to be and who are due in 2023. That leaves three unaccounted for if Boob's "30" is accurate. (He could have miscounted which I wouldn't have put past him as well.)

Kendra and Lauren are the ones most likely to have mystery babies as they do not post on social media lately. I also noticed that neither of the Joe/Josiah families were included in Joy's Facetime calls.

Unlikely to be Jessa, unless she is currently pregnant, but I feel like she would have announced that already. Also unlikely to be Jinger unless she is currently pregnant. We've seen a lot of both of them on social media and there have been no significant bodily changes over the past several months.

The other possibility is Claire. She doesn't really post regularly, but Hilaria used to. Besides, Justin and Claire were both included, and Joy made a big deal out of acknowledging them separately.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

Claire may be pregnant but not announcing until mid November when Justin turns 20. They didn't announce their engagement until his 18th birthday. They're pretty calculated. 

I believe the two mystery babies were born this year. 

It could also be Jessa who doesn't like to announce until the baby is crowning. 

Jinger is also a possibility, but I think they're okay with the two they have. 

• Useful 2

I think it's great that all the details of the new Duggar generation births aren't out on the innernetz. IMO it's a sign that some (I hope it's most) of the Duggarlings are trying to live as "ordinary" people, i.e., not pursuing, or working to maintain, "celebrity" (public) status.

The older daughters, featured on the show, are out there on social media. Jessa's all into it (in her own uptight way), as is Jinger (because, JereMEE is). IMO Joy's not as doggedly into it as those two, but still posts on public SM. Jill's still doing it which kind of surprises me, but maybe it brings in enough income that she's not ready to quit. I'm not sure if Jana's been pushing stuff onto SM lately. Obviously Anna's gone quiet on public SM. 

I kind of wish they'd all STFU up and go private on social media. But their teevee fame has been enough to give some of them follower numbers that wannabe influencers would probably kill for. So I understand that they'd want to monetize it. It's the way of the world. And if asked about it in terms of their theology, they can claim it's their ministry. So convenient, no? 🤣

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4