Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think it's great that all the details of the new Duggar generation births aren't out on the innernetz. IMO it's a sign that some (I hope it's most) of the Duggarlings are trying to live as "ordinary" people, i.e., not pursuing, or working to maintain, "celebrity" (public) status.

The older daughters, featured on the show, are out there on social media. Jessa's all into it (in her own uptight way), as is Jinger (because, JereMEE is). IMO Joy's not as doggedly into it as those two, but still posts on public SM. Jill's still doing it which kind of surprises me, but maybe it brings in enough income that she's not ready to quit. I'm not sure if Jana's been pushing stuff onto SM lately. Obviously Anna's gone quiet on public SM. 

I kind of wish they'd all STFU up and go private on social media. But their teevee fame has been enough to give some of them follower numbers that wannabe influencers would probably kill for. So I understand that they'd want to monetize it. It's the way of the world. And if asked about it in terms of their theology, they can claim it's their ministry. So convenient, no? 🤣

I agree. While I am curious how if Kendra or Lauren or others have had more children. I'm glad they've decided not to put it all over the internet. The Duggar kids dealt with that all their lives without any choice. Now they have a choice most of them aren't. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

She announced that she will be making two announcements shortly. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Yeah, I saw that. 

Just now, Ljohnson1987 said:

1. Her new book.

2. Jinger is getting a real college education? (One can pray)

One has to do with her cooking. She said something about being delicious. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder who is more money hungry Jinger or Jeremy? Jeremy definitely pushes Jinger to perform for SM. 

Jessa is definitely money hungry. 

I’m not sure if Jessa is money hungry or if she’s the primary breadwinner in the family.  I’m sure that Ben can’t be bringing in much of a salary as pastor of a small country church.  They’re feeding a family of 6 and grocery prices continue to rise.  That’s not counting all of their other monthly living expenses.  If Jessa did nothing to earn some money, I’m not sure they could stay afloat financially.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m not sure if Jessa is money hungry or if she’s the primary breadwinner in the family.  I’m sure that Ben can’t be bringing in much of a salary as pastor of a small country church.  They’re feeding a family of 6 and grocery prices continue to rise.  That’s not counting all of their other monthly living expenses.  If Jessa did nothing to earn some money, I’m not sure they could stay afloat financially.

Country? Where is the church?

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don't see how Ben can be getting any salary from that church. The congregation is tiny, and what little money they collect from the parishoners probably goes to keeping the lights on.

I think it's likely that the house is his compensation. I wouldn't be surpised if Ben wasn't still "working" in some capacity for JB. I think Jessa sticks tight to the TTH because their dependence on JB gives her control in the relationship.

I think that Ben has been trying to break out for a while now, but JB has the thumscrews pretty tight.

• Like 5
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Absolom said:

Please not the trying to have a bump from now through 29 more weeks.

If she is going to keep posting bump pics, I'd suggest she get the clothes off the floor and put the laundry basket away.  Not to mention all the other detritus covering the floor.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Notabug said:

If she is going to keep posting bump pics, I'd suggest she get the clothes off the floor and put the laundry basket away.  Not to mention all the other detritus covering the floor.

Or else she will appear in the FB "Messy Houses You Zoom In To See The Background Of" group.

• LOL 6
20 minutes ago, Notabug said:

And maybe wash the mirror.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

No masks in medical offices in Arkansas? Not sure why I'm surprised, but I am.

Why did she put such a loud soundtrack on her video? How old is Joy? She seems young to be seeing a high-risk OB. Maybe god is telling you you're not supposed to have a litter of kids, Joy.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

She seems young to be seeing a high-risk OB. 

Remember, her second pregnancy ended tragically in a stillbirth. (Apologies if it was technically a miscarriage; IIRC it was very late term.) 

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So Joy has two clotting disorders and will need shots to maintain her pregnancy. I'm glad she's seeing real doctors.

Me too. I didn't watch the video and TBH I don't pay much attention to the Forsyths, but I'm glad she seems to be getting good prenatal care.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

In my experience, it varies by office. I'm one of the few people I know who still masks in public in general, but I've seen more masks at medical offices than elsewhere. 

• Like 7
14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Why did she put such a loud soundtrack on her video? How old is Joy? She seems young to be seeing a high-risk OB. Maybe god is telling you you're not supposed to have a litter of kids, Joy.

There are a lot of medical facilities that have dropped masking recently.  The CDC no longer recommends it routinely.  Alas, my employer still does.

• Sad 4
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't like that dress on Joy. I like it on Evelyn. But it makes Joy look too much like a child.

Which wasn't the intent of the designer, as this was supposed to be a Mommy and Me outfit.

The road is behind their house. Famy commented on it; she used to live next door to Joy.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Ugh. I don’t even believe she picked up that outfit . Same old cliches as all of the other fundies. 

It looks like something Michelle would’ve worn in her early tlc specials, if it was longer and covered her arms more. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

It looks like something Michelle would’ve worn in her early tlc specials, if it was longer and covered her arms more. 

I was just about to comment, this style of Mommy & Me was big in the 80s/90s.

Anyone else remember Storybook Heirlooms- it was a catalog that sold this type of clothing for families. I remember having dresses like this with my Mom for the holidays. I think it’s precious. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

the matching mom and daughters is popular right now even with non fundies. My 11yr old grand recently told her mom it was embarrassing to be seen wearing the same outfit as her mom, 3yr old and 3 mo old sisters.  The family matching christmas pjs trend, ugh.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the matching mom and daughters is popular right now even with non fundies. My 11yr old grand recently told her mom it was embarrassing to be seen wearing the same outfit as her mom, 3yr old and 3 mo old sisters.  The family matching christmas pjs trend, ugh.

I could certainly see how as an 11yrs old it would be embarrassing. My Mom did these things up until I was 8 or 9 (and my sister was 6 or 7). By the time I was pubescent she knew I wouldn't be into and did NOT want to match, I loved dressing up but I wanted to wear my own thing. 

Joy's daughter is so little it's cute. It is also different asking the family to dress a like for a photo a few times a year than a consistent thing (every time they go on an outing or something). I may be bitter because my Mom is constantly buying things after I do it (wallets, purses, cardigans etc)- I told her "I will match you for holidays and at Walt Disney World, but we are not the Bobbsey  Twins."(thank you to @Quof)

In families like Joy's with so many kids spilled over a large age span, it's much harder to capture the "cutesy" stage, if you want to respect the older kid's desire to wear their own thing. Let's see what Joy does in 10yrs when Giedon is a teen if she keeps having kids (I have a feeling she will).

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Joy looks like she's about 14 walking with her little sister. 

As for the deer head, whether or not you like it in general, that's not the place for it. Over the fireplace or something. Not randomly on the side of the cabinets. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

It's just missing the huge white lacy collar that Michelle always wore.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Joy seems really into showing off her bump this pregnancy. I don't recall her being that fixated with showing off the bump in previous pregnancies.

I agree. Joy seems to be possibly ramping up to go in her BFF Carlin's influencer direction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Joy seems really into showing off her bump this pregnancy. I don't recall her being that fixated with showing off the bump in previous pregnancies.

Yeah, her recent changes aren’t positive, imo.

24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I also think she's just more consciously aware of her pregnancy this time since she has to do the shots. 

She has to do what?

2 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

As for the deer head, whether or not you like it in general, that's not the place for it. Over the fireplace or something. Not randomly on the side of the cabinets. 

Or looming over a table where one might eat.  Ick.

• Like 3
  • Love 4