Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That beard does absolutely nothing for Austin. Plus, it looks like it's listing.

It looks horrible!  He’s a decent-looking guy without the beard!  I can’t imagine Joy thinking that mess is attractive.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Joy's dress is cute, but she commits a huge fashion faux-pas by mixing brown sandals with black dresses.

Joy is a young mom with little kids, she isn't one for dressing up.  Why should she run out and buy a pair of black sandals for one wedding?  I spent my 20's wearing brown sandals to every dressy event because they were the only ones I owned, thank God, the fashion police didn't arrest me.  

I'm pretty sure all of the 'rules' of fashion are out the window these days anyway.  Just like not wearing white after labor day, I don't think there are absolute dos and don'ts about shoe color anymore.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I'm fairly certain Alyssa, Whitney and Katie wore tan/nude shoes with black dresses to the same wedding Joy went to. Three or four other Bates sisters wore tan/nude shoes too. Actually I think the only females in black shoes were Kelly and a few of the little girls.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Actually, I think Austin's outfit is pretty decent. I'm comparing it to the mess that Zach and Evan wore, so it's a low bar, but he at least tried to dress nicer.  Now the beard on the other hand is a giant no from me.  It looks like things are living in it.  Yuck.

If these two want to take trips with their kids like the Alaska trip, they need to stop the baby train after this one coming up.  Between the finances and the management of a hoard of kids trips like that will become too difficult.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Homeschooling should go swell with her being pregnant. Those kids will never have an education. I don't see Joy ever having energy or patience to homeschool all of them. She's already struggling with Gideon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 25
  • Love 1

The test reveal was actually sweet. Her joy (Joy's joy!) is real and I totally get the happy tears. She had a dreadful loss the second time around (interesting that she called Annabelle "Jubilee" by mistake!) and there is fear mixed in with the happiness. I wish her a healthy and successful pregnancy. 

Edited by BetyBee
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Well her kids are actually decently spaced. Gideon will be 5 and Evy 3 by the time #3 rolls around. Joy said they've been "trying." Does that mean they use BC when they're not "trying"?

Who knows? It’s Joy. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 10

Wow is she already showing?

I think she said the due date would me May 23rd or something like that.

At least she had the doctor's appointment with lots of test. She said that after Evy she also had tyroid problems 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She seems unusually obsessed with twins. 

She did say her HCG levels were a little higher than normal. 

Once when my kid was around 7ish, I was putting her to bed and consoling her over her injured finger. She said, well we'll know in the morning if its broken because I'll wake up with black eyes. Weeks earlier her sibling injured his nose and as I was consoling him, I told him if the pain got worse, there was swelling or he had black eyes in the morning it might be broken.

Maybe Joy thinks she'll have twins like her mom did because they miscarried.

Cross posted with StacetNotStacie

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

But she has an ultrasound picture with one baby

Good point, but in her video she hadn't had an ultrasound yet. Since she seems to be posting in real time or very close to real time, I wonder if the ultrasound pic is a photographer's prop, or an old one of Evvy or Giddy.

• Like 3

Why do all of the Duggar's think that because their mother had two sets of twins, that they automatically have an higher chance of having them than anyone else? Jessa and Joy seem obsessed with the thought of having twins. 

"If a woman's mother has fraternal twins, she is about 2 times more likely to have twins. This is why we often say the “risk” for having twins comes from the mother. It doesn't matter if the dad also has fraternal twins in his family – his DNA won't influence how many eggs the mom releases!"   From Google.

Wishing Joy a healthy pregnancy. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Good point, but in her video she hadn't had an ultrasound yet. Since she seems to be posting in real time or very close to real time, I wonder if the ultrasound pic is a photographer's prop, or an old one of Evvy or Giddy.

So she’s lying, basically. 

• Like 1
On 10/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, Cinnabon said:

Another picture in front of a field of dead grass??

While wearing dull, drab shades of oatmeal, cream and beige.

21 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Why do all of the Duggar's think that because their mother had two sets of twins, that they automatically have an higher chance of having them than anyone else? Jessa and Joy seem obsessed with the thought of having twins. 

"If a woman's mother has fraternal twins, she is about 2 times more likely to have twins. This is why we often say the “risk” for having twins comes from the mother. It doesn't matter if the dad also has fraternal twins in his family – his DNA won't influence how many eggs the mom releases!"   From Google.

Wishing Joy a healthy pregnancy. 

Fraternal twins can run in families on the mother's side since they involve releasing two eggs.   If no one in your close family (mother or sister) has natural fraternal twins, then there is a 1% chance that you will have them, too.  If your mom or sister has natural fraternal twins, you are at increased risk to have them, but that risk is, AT MOST, 5%.  That means that only one of every twenty pregnancies conceived by a woman with that history will be twins while 19 out of 20 will not.  Identical twins are a total random chance, they don't run in families.

Obviously, fertility drugs are game changers and markedly increase the chances for multiples in anyone who takes them.  However, having twins due to medication is not something that can be passed along to the rest of the family.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So Carlin did the "photoshoot" around Oct 1, when Joy was in TN for another Bates wedding. If Joy's due date calculation is correct she would have been 6 weeks pregnant then.

I think that was the smallest baby ultrasound photo I’ve ever seen. It was so tiny. Was the pee stick even dry??  Gosh, they announce so early. 
That being said, I do wish her a healthy pregnancy. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

If I had seen that video with no knowledge of the family, I would've thought it was adorable and maybe gotten teary eyed for Joy because she just looks so dang happy.  

But the history of this family and Quiverfull blah blah blah instead makes my reaction a big ole "sigh".  I do hope she has a healthy pregnancy and I hope she is happy because she IS happy, not because she is SUPPOSED to be happy. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's barefoot up there? Yikes. ☹️

Did you see the video where his uncles played on the roof of their tractors while driving it across the field? Safety first is not a Duggar trait.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3

I'm not surprised. Joy's the one who is always posting pictures of them barefoot around horses, which drives me crazy. Getting your foot stomped by a horse hurts even when you're wearing proper footwear. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not surprised. Joy's the one who is always posting pictures of them barefoot around horses, which drives me crazy. Getting your foot stomped by a horse hurts even when you're wearing proper footwear. 

Yikes, I hope Joy watches them like a hawk. I had a friend who fractured her nose, orbital bone and cheek bone after getting kicked by a horse as a kid. I swear Joy's so dumb I wonder if she has to be told when to blink. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yikes, I hope Joy watches them like a hawk. I had a friend who fractured her nose, orbital bone and cheek bone after getting kicked by a horse as a kid. I swear Joy's so dumb I wonder if she has to be told when to blink. 

Yeah I love horses and miss being around them, but you need to be way more safety-minded than these dodos because they can be dangerous. I got my foot stomped by a horse when I was maybe about 12 or 13. The horse was gentle. Nobody was really doing anything wrong. Just one of those things that happened. I had a bruise for weeks. 

• Like 5

Ok maybe this is particular to me but anyone find it so clingy that Joy is always following Austin to work while he flips houses? To my mind, work is a space you can have a separate experience and identity than when at home. I wouldn't want my significant other hounding me at work, no matter how in love we were.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
7 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok maybe this is particular to me but anyone find it so clingy that Joy is always following Austin to work while he flips houses? To my mind, work is a space you can have a separate experience and identity than when at home. I wouldn't want my significant other hounding me at work, no matter how in love we were.

That and she should be giving Gideon calm and quiet during “school” days.

• Love 7