Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think some folks will go after rich/well known/famous folks, with lawsuits hoping they'll use their wealth to settle out of court to avoid tabloid press.

If he sold that house knowing the septic system was dysfunctional that's his "error" and he's a cheap bastard who doesn't care about his finished product, and the buyers were stupid for not paying for an inspection. And why would anyone buy something a Duggar-adjacent had a hand in anyway. Doesn't their reputation preceed them or is it just us who know these things?

Heh Chip and Jo wouldn't sell a house with a busted septic system. 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

If he sold that house knowing the septic system was dysfunctional that's his "error" and he's a cheap bastard who doesn't care about his finished product, and the buyers were stupid for not paying for an inspection. And why would anyone buy something a Duggar-adjacent had a hand in anyway. Doesn't their reputation preceed them or is it just us who know these things?

Heh Chip and Jo wouldn't sell a house with a busted septic system. 

I'm not sure Austin knew, or if the system was even broken before he sold it.

No, I doubt Jo and Chip would. But what's really interesting was when they recently flipped a house using their own money, rather than one that was already purchased, they didn't go top of the line on everything. Also, but for the one personal gift that Jo and Chip give, everything piece of furniture, fruit and knickknacks get loaded into trucks before the buyers ever move in.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure Austin knew, or if the system was even broken before he sold it.

No, I doubt Jo and Chip would. But was really interesting was when they recently flipped a house using their own money, rather than one that was already purchased, they didn't go top of the line on everything. Also, but for the one personal gift that Jo and Chip give, everything piece of furniture, fruit and knickknacks get loaded into trucks before the buyers ever move in.

Well if Austin didn't know he's a piss poor flipper. You SHOULD make sure all the mechanicals in the house work before you sell it, at least the people I know who flip do that. Also you should let the new buyers know what needs work if you didn't fix it.

Could be that the people I know have integrity and aren't just looking for a fast buck.

And Chip and Jo were pretty up front on the fact that they stage the homes but people are able to buy things they see on the final product. Which seems painful to me as I appreciate some of her aesthetic, but spending money is antithetical to me most days so if I was buying a house...ooof.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7

Just from what I've read here, I don't think Austin or the buyers come off well. He's either incompetent or a shyster for not being aware of or disclosing the issue and they're foolish for not doing their due diligence. 

• Love 16

I don't remember how long they lived in the house before discovering the problem.  Was it possible it was an issue that arose after the sale that wasn't predictable?  

My daughter knowingly bought a house with an older roof.   So at the time of the sale it was not leaking and not in imminent need of replacement, but it was not a shock when it needed replacing three or four years later.  I'm wondering if it was a similar situation and perhaps the relevant information of the septic system is x years old, was installed when the house was built, etc., wasn't exchanged or maybe was considered obvious so they were surprised by the failure.

My daughter hired an inspector though and the roof along with some other items were on a written report he provided. 

• Love 6
On 12/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, Zella said:

Just from what I've read here, I don't think Austin or the buyers come off well. He's either incompetent or a shyster for not being aware of or disclosing the issue and they're foolish for not doing their due diligence. 

Exactly he seems shady to me. 

• Love 3

When I sold my house in California this past summer, the buyers decided not to have any inspections.  I know they took a mortgage, and I guess it didn't matter to the lender.  I doubt they will run into any problems since I was very good about house upkeep, but I was surprised they didn't want any inspections.  

• Love 5

New post banging on about Jesus:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJiDCQWJc8u/

"At about 11:30pm last night, Austin and I were talking and writing down our goals for this next year.
Both of our #1 was being purposeful in our relationship with Jesus.
Some others were work related, relationship goals, fitness, & fun.
I encourage all of you to do the same. If you don’t set goals you won’t ever achieve them"

I really think something is going on with Joy. Being "purposeful in our relationship with Jesus" just screams "I'm not as happy as I think I should be. So more Jesus is needed!" Her social media has been scrubbed of the occasional humor and earthy tomboy appeal. It's now all about her role as a wife, mother, and Jesus believer. 

Maybe being so very young with two tiny tots isn't as easy for Joy as she thought it would be. Maybe Austin is spending more and more time with his Proud Boys buddies. But the vibe feels very off.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I hope for Joy's sake, the post is just a Fundy New Year's resolution and her lack of adventures has more to do with the busyness of the holidays and the coldness of winter.

But Joy is a mom of two. Life changes with kids. Priorities change, finances change and time and energy change. Its unfortunate that her Fundy childhood encourages these kids to jump right into marriage and children.

If Austin is a Proud Boy type, I think he is more of an outlier. He may have a similar mindset, but he doesn't appear to be someone that does more than self-righteously agree with the current, usually ridiculous outrage, then moves on.

• Love 4

I wish she'd do a remedial course in both English and Maths. How can it be that so many Fundies do not know their own language? Purposeful? Pouring into? *shudders

She does look tired but I suppose having two wee ones, one of which is a babba does take it out of you.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I wish she'd do a remedial course in both English and Maths. How can it be that so many Fundies do not know their own language? Purposeful? Pouring into? *shudders

That's typical language for Fundies. And "fellowshipping" is a word they like to use too. It's kind of like regional slang, but instead of being confined to a geographic location, it's widespread across the country that all members of the group use. So for the average American, these words and phrases sound grammatically nonsensical, but within their world it's perfectly fine. 

• Love 11

That's funny that it bothers you so much because I don't even notice it until someone points it out. I haven't been to one of these types of churches in over fifteen years, and I don't associate with any Fundies anymore, but it sounds so "normal" that I am not bothered by it. And I'm a stickler for proper grammar. I guess the years of being brainwashed with this culture are still not all erased. "Laid on my heart", "God convicted me for  (insert petty 'sin' here)", "excited to see what the Lord has in store", "wait in expectancy for His blessings" etc. are just phrases that I heard so frequently that I can't help but chuckle when people who were raised without this type of church experience raise an eyebrow. Logically, I know it's silly-sounding and really doesn't make much sense. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

There is no doubt that Austin fathered that child!

Dayum, you could drive a truck through those nostrils! I wonder if she will grow up to look like Austin's sister.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, crazy8s said:

someone was sitting in a car at the front of the TTH property to take a pic of giddy riding with the aunts in a glorified golfcart??

I wonder if that's the Annex shuttle the M kids, Anna and Sex Pest use to go between their Warehoue and the TTH?

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I can't make up my mind whether the new hairdo makes her look younger or older....

Older.

The cut looks really choppy and uneven. I'm half wondering if it's one of Jessa's monstrosities.

I think Joy would've been better off adding some lowlights to her natural sandy color if she wanted depth. The all-over dark shade is too harsh, IMO.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

I always think Joy is so pretty in her natural look, no make up. Not digging the darker hair. I think the bangs would've been better with her last color. She really looks like Michelle.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Older.

The cut looks really choppy and uneven. I'm half wondering if it's one of Jessa's monstrosities.

I think Joy would've been better off adding some lowlights to her natural sandy color if she wanted depth. The all-over dark shade is too harsh, IMO.

The darker hair looks like a cheap dye job out of the box.  Her hair has no depth or sheen as it would if it was a natural color.  She could've gone darker with some lighter highlights or added lowlights to her natural color.  

The cut really doesn't flatter her face, IMO.  She does look more like Michelle than in other photos I've seen; but she is prettier than Michelle and the cut and color don't do her justice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

The dark brown ages her, like some of the Sister Wive's kids.  Their natural dark blonde is so much prettier.  Joy looks more like Michelle, especially with those bangs.  I also disliked Jana going darker.  Lowlights are much better than flat dark brown.

• Love 4

She did the bangs before and didn't keep them long. Someone on FJ said Joy said in her comments (I couldn't find it, but there are a million comments) that she didn't dye her hair; it's just wet from the rain. Which seems kind of unbelievable, but if you look at her pictures from the last time she had bangs, her hair looked super dark then, too, but then looked lighter again shortly thereafter. So either Joy uses dye that washes out within days, or her hair just drastically changes color depending on lighting, filters, etc.

Example of last time she had bangs and her hair was super dark: https://www.instagram.com/p/B41JmGeJuXb/ (Nov 13, 2019)

Three days later, still has the bangs, hair shade looks so much lighter: https://www.instagram.com/p/B48yPU0pveU/

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

What is UP with all of their weekly photo shoots? It’s ridiculous how often they have “professional” photos taken by others. 

Do they think this is “modest?” Because they REALLY don’t understand the meaning of that word.

• Love 9

Ugh, if you're going to have bangs, your hair needs to be kept clean. And maybe style them because, like, I don't know - the bangs are front and center.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

I looked at the pictures for the hair this time rather than Austin's death grip on her arm. Um, what is going on with her bangs? Especially in that second picture? I am someone who has naturally oily hair and skin, which makes bangs a bad idea though one I periodically try, but I've never seen bangs plastered on someone's head like that. 

I'm not sure that the color itself is the biggest problem or if it's just those awful bangs. If it was styled better, it might look okay, though I tend to agree her hair probably needs to be a touch lighter with her coloring. 

• Love 5