Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The Long Road Home

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

The boxes in Farrah's garage are from Furniture of America, which appears to be manufactured in China with warehouse in the City of Industry.  Obviously they don't offer delivery.

And lol at Debra saying she's "highly intelligent...highly functioning."

That phrase doesn't mean what you think it means, Debra.

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 9

That scene in the furniture store with Amber and the producer was cringe worthy. The producer gets a super serious face and talks about how Amber is taking this so seriously. It's so different this time. Please! I'm not normally a violent person, but I really wanted to knock those sunglasses off her shoulder. Stop giving this girl props for buying furniture.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

Hah, I think you mean Cate probably wouldn't hike again, but isn't Michigan known for being woodsy and beautiful? I am from the SF Bay and live in Chicago for now, but most people I know from Michigan are fairly outdoorsy hiking/hunting/kayaking types. 

That's what I meant. No matter how beautiful her surrounding nature is Catelynn is not gonna waste her time hiking it. She has other "activities" to do... (and I have nothing against marihuana use, maybe I should try it as I suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic pain. But I don't smoke and never ever tried. I just discovered kratom which of course now DEA wants now to put on schedule I list and I was off my hydrocodone on days I took kratom so it works for some people).

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

This may be slightly OT, and I don't follow either one of them on social media, but did they both get their cards?  If so, what's Tyler's medical need for it?  Or does one card cover a household?  I'm not educated on these matters....

And I completely agree with everything you said above.  No one ghosts out at midnight on the dot unless they are there involuntarily....I'm surprised we didn't get the post it over the camera on the midnight escape ride from rehab.  

Tyler has a card.

Ditto.

Michigan's eligible conditions: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/lara_MMP_FAQ_6-28-13_426011_7.pdf

Question: What medical conditions are eligible?

Answer: Qualifying patients must suffer from a debilitating medical condition, defined in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act as:
Cancer
Glaucoma
Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
Hepatitis C
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Crohn's disease
Agitation of Alzheimer's disease
Nail patella
A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces 1 or more of the following: o Cachexia or wasting syndrome o Severe and chronic pain o Severe nausea o Seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy o Or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
Any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the department by rule o To date, the department has not added to the list by administrative rule.)

I'm guessing they both report chronic pain to a shady doctor.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

If Farrah is so beautiful and rich and important, why is she moving and building and worrying about her own shit? What? That makes no sense.

Moving your own stuff is for ugly girls, Farrah.

Matt needs to clean his glasses. That drives me insane.  When they were sitting on the couch they were so filthy, I'm surprised he can see out of them.  Just fucking gross.

OMG I noticed Loser's dirty glasses, too ! Yuck !

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Farrah is just ridiculous. She can't forbear; whatever someone is doing, they're doing it wrong and she knows how to do it correctly. Whenever someone speaks, they are either saying the wrong thing or she doesn't want their input. She has to live everyone else's life for them.

Perfectly stated.  I have a relative-by-marriage who is exactly this way.  It's like there's a script in their head that everyone is supposed to follow, but they don't ever give you the revised pages so you're always saying the wrong lines, then they flip out because you've gone off-script with dialogue you had no idea you were supposed to recite.  Couple that with twisting what you say to suit their weird internal plot - you can't ever win. I had to freeze this person out (awkward, because family) otherwise I was going to lose my sanity and possibly my marriage. I honestly don't know how anyone in Farrah's life can deal with it - the walking on eggshells, waiting for the next explosion, and being pathetically grateful on the rare occasions when she acts "normal."

• Love 20
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don't get the whole rental truck stuff either. I would think if Simon picked the truck up, he left his vehicle there for transportation after returning the truck. So, having a way to get from the rental place wouldn't seem to be a problem. Perhaps he didn't know where to get rid of the trash? The whole thing was strange.

I think there was some weird editing stuff going on there. We couldnt have seen the whole story. What I wanted to know was why, if they have so much money, were they so worried about the late fee? ?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I'm the Alex Jones of this forum....  I firmly believe that Catelynn received treatment for drugs other than marijuana.  Call me a Boogietown Truther.  She discharged from the facility at midnight because she agreed to do 30 days in rehab to appease MTV as they strong-armed her into treatment.  She wasn't going to do a minute more than the 30 days she agreed to complete.  The truth is out there.  Especially since their attitude towards marijuana hasn't changed in the slightest.  They now have prescriptions for it to legitimize and rationalize their addiction.  If she was serious about mental health recovery, she would have been in treatment longer than 30 days.

"I'm still on Zoloft" -- Rules out Bipolar Disorder.  "Boogietown" with April was not mania or hypomania.  It wasn't marijuana because they smoke that shit all day every day.  Boogietown was a treat.

They're just like their parents.  Narcissist Tyler is Butch v2.0 with nicer toys.  Addict Catelynn is April v2.0 with a paycheck.

Oh, you are not alone. I think there is more to Cate than pot smoking.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ava111 said:

That's what I meant. No matter how beautiful her surrounding nature is Catelynn is not gonna waste her time hiking it. She has other "activities" to do... (and I have nothing against marihuana use, maybe I should try it as I suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic pain. But I don't smoke and never ever tried. I just discovered kratom which of course now DEA wants now to put on schedule I list and I was off my hydrocodone on days I took kratom so it works for some people).

I was able to get off my oxycontin for kratom. Screw the DEA. Did you read my rant here about kratom and Dr. Drew? It is under the small talk thread on this forum.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

This may be slightly OT, and I don't follow either one of them on social media, but did they both get their cards?  If so, what's Tyler's medical need for it?  Or does one card cover a household?  I'm not educated on these matters....

The card covers only the person.  In Colorado, anyway (before legalization), it was super easy to get one.  Anxiety.  Pain.  Whatever.  There are doctors who "specialize" in prescribing medical marijuana, no appointment necessary. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

And that is assuming they did receive cards. They may be lying about that as well just to keep the haters at bay. They lie about everything else. I do agree if they did get cards, they got them from a shady doctor or lied to get their cards.

Excellent point. They are lairs that lie about lying. 

29 minutes ago, Katt said:

@CofCinci That's Amber's mother's red convertible.

Guess we know what she did with her MTV money. 

• Love 5

I love ryan's parents BUT am I the only one that thinks they're a little overly-attached to maci? They went to Jayde's bday party even though Ryan wasn't invited. My parents better never be going to parties in honor of my ex's new children. And they better NEVER EVER be going to the hospital when my ex's new babies are born. 

Really?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I love ryan's parents BUT am I the only one that thinks they're a little overly-attached to maci? They went to Jayde's bday party even though Ryan wasn't invited. My parents better never be going to parties in honor of my ex's new children. And they better NEVER EVER be going to the hospital when my ex's new babies are born. 

Really?

My guess is that a lot of the time they are included for production.  I've noticed that Maci's parents aren't featured as much as they used to and we don't see Taylor's parents for whatever reason.  I think inviting Jen and Larry is partly to "fill the scene", but also it seems that Maci has always had a very loving relationship with them.  I think it is sweet as long as there are respectful boundaries.  I have never got the feeling that Maci or Taylor feel obligated to invite them to anything or that Jen and Larry cross any boundaries with Maci or Taylor.  In fact I will say that I have a lot of respect for Taylor for the way he views Jen and Larry.  My favorite scene so far was Larry kissing and hugging Taylor when he and Maci announced their pregnancy. Maybe that is just me but I believe when you "choose" to have blended families that you have a responsibility to do it right. 

As far as Cait and the midnight release.  My guess is Cait was probably annoying administration about when she can get out and they told her 12:01 was technically the next day as a flippant comment and Cait took it and ran.  My guess is that she wanted In and Out more than an overwhelming desire to see her family. I didn't mind the producer picking up Cait.  It seemed to me that Tyler was caught off guard about Cait coming home at midnight and was planning to get her in the morning with Nova in tow.  I think it made more sense for the producer to go and pick up Cait than to ask the producer to watch Nova and put her to bed.

With Farah and Simon.  From what I gathered this was the typical stresses and craziness from moving in general amped up to 100 because Farah is crazy and Simon is passive aggressive.  Simon was annoyed that the floors weren't done first so that he could be able to move the furniture in, Farrah was completely oblivious to this reasoning and concerned about her own tasks for move in day.  My guess is after the drive they took to get the furniture they separated for the rest of the day. Simon presumably sorted/constructed/moved all the furniture out of the truck with his friend but it was later than expected.  He still needed to dispose of the cardboard and bring the truck back.  I think he was just frustrated and tired and was trying to get out of bringing the truck back and that is how the producers got roped into the conversation.  So in essence you would just chalk this up to moving stress but when you have Farah and Simon it turns into a far more complicated issue than it ever needs to be.

Is Amber ever filmed without Matt?  Seriously the man is always hovering over top of her its incredibly disconcerting.  I was also annoyed when it seemed like Amber, Leah, and Gary were going to see Leah's new room and I thought for a second "Oh wow, Matt actually isn't around".  Then on clockwork he walks by the camera.  Then I thought "They are headed up stairs and it looks like Matt isn't".  Cut to Matt being the one to open Leah's door revealing her new room.  He really doesn't know when to fall back does he.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 24
7 hours ago, SunshineSquid said:

That scene in the furniture store with Amber and the producer was cringe worthy. The producer gets a super serious face and talks about how Amber is taking this so seriously. It's so different this time. Please! I'm not normally a violent person, but I really wanted to knock those sunglasses off her shoulder. Stop giving this girl props for buying furniture.

My husband and I could not stop staring at those sunglasses. We even paused it, trying to figure out how they were balanced. And now you guys know...we have no life. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They're just like their parents.  Narcissist Tyler is Butch v2.0 with nicer toys.  Addict Catelynn is April v2.0 with a paycheck.

I agree and its so sad. They had a great opportunity to improve their lives and threw it away with both hands. You know that they're living ATM's for their crap parents and any other hanger-on relatives who've crawled out of the woodwork as a result of their "fame". Even with the advantages they obtained, they're still marching inexorably to addiction, jail, and loser-dom. Makes me admire people who do manage to escape these toxic families and environments even more.

11 hours ago, Magoo said:

Perfectly stated.  I have a relative-by-marriage who is exactly this way.  It's like there's a script in their head that everyone is supposed to follow, but they don't ever give you the revised pages so you're always saying the wrong lines, then they flip out because you've gone off-script with dialogue you had no idea you were supposed to recite.  Couple that with twisting what you say to suit their weird internal plot - you can't ever win. I had to freeze this person out (awkward, because family) otherwise I was going to lose my sanity and possibly my marriage. I honestly don't know how anyone in Farrah's life can deal with it - the walking on eggshells, waiting for the next explosion, and being pathetically grateful on the rare occasions when she acts "normal."

Farrah's family all act like hostages with Stockholm Syndrome. They live in terror, and are kept in line with occasional acts of kindness. Or in Debra's case, paying for more plastic surgery.

• Love 22

Gosh, Matt is just creepy the way he talks for Amber. The producer asks them something, Amber starts to answer and he finishes her sentence. I cannot stand to look at either of them.

Maci, yawn. Jayde is cute, that's all I got.

Tyler wrote a mushy card for his wife but couldn't even be bothered to pick her up? "What are you going to do when people spark up around you?" Here's an idea, why don't you not hang out with people like that? If you're trying to not smoke weed, maybe don't invite people over to your house who want to smoke. Or don't go anywhere when you know people will be smoking. Of course all of this is a moo point (TM Joey from Friends) because they are still smoking and flashing their weed cards.

Farrah, I have no words. I wonder if the production that follows her around gets a bigger paycheck.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

2) What was that mess about the moving truck

I have two theories:

1.   There was a bunch of cardboard that needed to be broken down and removed, and the truck returned. It sounded like there was a costly penalty for returning the truck late. He mentioned it was 10p.  If you look at Farah from the scenes earlier in the day and how she looked at 10p she clearly took at least two hours to shower, do her make up and hair. I think he was irritated because he was waiting around for her for a long, long time after spending all day doing her shit. 

2.  I think there was some flirtation between Farah and Simon in the beginning, and then it fizzled. They decided to continue the farce for TV to promote his staging and decorating business in CA and hers about to launch in TX. So he's been hanging around taking all her shit for this big moment to show what a great staging biz he has, and it looked like a huge clusterfuck because she didn't do things in the order he told her to.

• Love 7

Cate and Tyler are really proud they have a card to legally have pot. Here's my thing, I work with a punch of pot heads that can't wait to go up to CO and talk about getting their cards all the time, etc. I believe if you need it for aches and pains then ok, but these two just love flaunting their weed addiction around and now are super proud that they have a card saying they can have it. Why exactly do either of them need pot? Does Cate have a back issue or pain issues? Does Tyler need it for his hemorrhoids? I never see them saying anything about hurting or in pain. They just want the cards and have them so they can have pot 'legally'. 

Farrah, oh shit, just shut up already. We already know that no one can do anything correctly. We already know her mother can't say hi without her flying into a bitchfit. Her segments make me want to punch myself and ask why I watch this shit.

Cate looked rested a little when she got out. She looked better, I am not saying she looked great just better. Then when she got back home she looked the same greasy filthy smoking self. And the only reason it smelled any different is because they both left the couch and house. So the house probably normally smells like giant asshole.

Can Matt not let Amber talk at all without being up her asshole and trying to put his two fucking cents in. Dude stfu. I'm sick of his gross nasty ass all near Amber, like he is afraid she is going to spill the beans that she killed JBR. That's a joke people, but come on, let her talk because I don't give two shits about Matt and his gross self.

And a big right on to Gary for actually caring about the real things in life and about real shit about his child. 

Maci just shut up about Ryan and how he does or doesn't father Bentley. Just be glad he is in his life.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Cate and Tyler are really proud they have a card to legally have pot. Here's my thing, I work with a punch of pot heads that can't wait to go up to CO and talk about getting their cards all the time, etc. I believe if you need it for aches and pains then ok, but these two just love flaunting their weed addiction around and now are super proud that they have a card saying they can have it. Why exactly do either of them need pot? Does Cate have a back issue or pain issues? Does Tyler need it for his hemorrhoids? I never see them saying anything about hurting or in pain. They just want the cards and have them so they can have pot 'legally'. 

I don't know about Michigan, but the cards in California are a huge joke.  A semi-retired doctor set up shop in an office next to my building in L.A., and every day there were people spilling out of the waiting room into the lobby and even outside.  Every single one of them walked out with a medical marijuana card.  All perfectly legal because he was an M.D.  The guy never bothered to pay rent on the office and was eventually evicted, but he just moved to another location and let word of mouth on the street take it from there.  To me, "having a card" doesn't mean squat.  Smoke all you want, but don't pretend it is medically necessary just because some quack sold you a card for the price of an office visit.

• Love 8

Was it just me or did Catelynn seem (relatively) clear-headed, confident, and happy when she got into the car with the producer when leaving rehab? But then her energy changed progressively as she spent more time around Tyler? Like she became cloudy, less confident, and more unhappy as she spent more time around Tyler? It's pretty clear to me her main problem is Tyler.  He's the number one drug she needs to kick. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14

The problem is Cate really does think she needs Tyler. And yet... Tyler isn't going to be helping her. It's obvious all the changes Catelynn needs to do may require help but I don't see Tyler changing anything in his life or adjusting his life to work with hers. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I'm the Alex Jones of this forum....  I firmly believe that Catelynn received treatment for drugs other than marijuana.  Call me a Boogietown Truther.  

I don't agree, but just because of the way she acts.  I know some people who dabble in coke and she presents none of the tell-tale signs.  Also, she would be a lot skinnier. 

17 hours ago, geauxaway said:

And I completely agree with everything you said above.  No one ghosts out at midnight on the dot unless they are there involuntarily....I'm surprised we didn't get the post it over the camera on the midnight escape ride from rehab.  

My guess is that it was a pay-per-day deal, and she either maxed out with her insurance, or didn't want to pay out of pocket for another day.

16 hours ago, ava111 said:

How about that kratom - just found out about it, and that it will now be illegal.  The DEA is f-ing BULLSHIT. 

16 hours ago, Magoo said:

I applaud you for freezing the person out.  I have had to do the same, and I just feel like life is too short to deal with that crap.

14 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I have a theory about that weird picture.... I know Amber has a Marilyn Monroe obsession. She seems to have toned it down, but in previous seasons she had Marilyn posters, blankets, t-shirts, etc. I bet Matt & Amber "relate" to Marilyn & JFK since Amber loves Marilyn (& also had a pill problem) and Matt probably sees himself as JFK, the older man from Massachusetts who had an affair with Marilyn. I could just see these losers sitting on their couch comparing themselves to JFK & Marilyn.  BARF. 

I was thinking the same thing!  Matt relates to JFK I am sure. 

2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

"What are you going to do when people spark up around you?" Here's an idea, why don't you not hang out with people like that? If you're trying to not smoke weed, maybe don't invite people over to your house who want to smoke. Or don't go anywhere when you know people will be smoking. Of course all of this is a moo point (TM Joey from Friends) because they are still smoking and flashing their weed cards.

I don't know that they have any friends who don't smoke pot.  I am sure that is all they know.  It would be hard to have to find new friends on top of trying to stay sober.  Especially for someone like Catelyn who seems to have such low self-esteem.

OMG a moo point, you know, like a cow's opinion.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

How about that kratom - just found out about it, and that it will now be illegal.  The DEA is f-ing BULLSHIT. 

I was thinking the same thing!  Matt relates to JFK I am sure. 

I went from taking hard opioids and suffering all the side effects to taking 3 teaspoons of kratom a day and suffering zero side effects (and having no reactions other than loss of pain). Before the kratom we were discussing a fentanyl patch because the oxys are no longer working and the pain is the only part of my condition that can be managed. Kratom changed my life. And now it's back to the drawing board. *uckers. 

I had never thought of the JFK angle but you KNOW Matt identifies with him. You know, just watching this episode and seeing Matt pissed me off. My rage at seeing him in a scene is kind of scary and totally irrational. I am actually afraid for Amber at this point. He is not going to let go without a fight. She is not going to let go without an intervention. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I went from taking hard opioids and suffering all the side effects to taking 3 teaspoons of kratom a day and suffering zero side effects (and having no reactions other than loss of pain). Before the kratom we were discussing a fentanyl patch because the oxys are no longer working and the pain is the only part of my condition that can be managed. Kratom changed my life. And now it's back to the drawing board. *uckers. 

I had never thought of the JFK angle but you KNOW Matt identifies with him. You know, just watching this episode and seeing Matt pissed me off. My rage at seeing him in a scene is kind of scary and totally irrational. I am actually afraid for Amber at this point. He is not going to let go without a fight. She is not going to let go without an intervention. 

That is truly awesome that it changed your life - most people CANNOT get off opioids, and the fact that there is something that can help and is not dangerous is amazing.  OF COURSE they ban it.  Infuriating!  (I just wrote to you, I think, in the small talk forum too). 

OMG I have an intense irrational rage when I see him too!  I thought I was just grossed out (mostly at how ugly he is, his dirty glasses, as noted above, and his awful teenager wardrobe), but now I think he is also dangerous.  He is so stupid, how is he able to manipulate people at all?  Once the money is gone, he will also be gone.  He will not stick around if she loses the F-you house.  I want to physically knock him off his proverbial pedestal! (I know that doesn't make sense)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, toodywoody said:

Farrah, oh shit, just shut up already. We already know that no one can do anything correctly. We already know her mother can't say hi without her flying into a bitchfit. Her segments make me want to punch myself and ask why I watch this shit.

Cate looked rested a little when she got out. She looked better, I am not saying she looked great just better. Then when she got back home she looked the same greasy filthy smoking self. And the only reason it smelled any different is because they both left the couch and house. So the house probably normally smells like giant asshole.

Can Matt not let Amber talk at all without being up her asshole and trying to put his two fucking cents in. Dude stfu. I'm sick of his gross nasty ass all near Amber, like he is afraid she is going to spill the beans that she killed JBR. That's a joke people, but come on, let her talk because I don't give two shits about Matt and his gross self.

Maci just shut up about Ryan and how he does or doesn't father Bentley. Just be glad he is in his life.

Matt is trying to take Tyler's spot as the ever present Teen Dad.  Do the spouses/boyfriends get paid by the scene?  Because this man always knows exactly where the camera is and how to position himself in front of it.

He has to control Amber's conversation at all cost.  If he allows her to form a thought, all hope is lost.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I think there was some weird editing stuff going on there. We couldnt have seen the whole story. What I wanted to know was why, if they have so much money, were they so worried about the late fee? ?

I think at that point he was just looking for a fight with anyone.

He could have easily went out and tossed all of the boxes out of the truck and went on his merry way.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't know that they have any friends who don't smoke pot.  I am sure that is all they know.  It would be hard to have to find new friends on top of trying to stay sober.  Especially for someone like Catelyn who seems to have such low self-esteem.

Do they even have friends though? We rarely see them doing anything besides sitting in their own home.  It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to avoid pot smoking people, except for Tyler.

• Love 5

I think it's a red herring to think Cate's problems are from pot or any other drugs. Blaming pot lets the real problems off the hook. The real problems are in her marriage and family and her self. If Cate learned how to have some healthy boundaries, her recreational activities wouldn't be an issue.

One of the things I see with Tyler and the others urging Cate to "get some help" and "get better" is their own unwillingness to change. I saw this with my sister-in-law when she developed anxiety problems. Her husband and kids and friends were all frantic for her to start feeling better so she could go back to being the way she'd been before -- which was NOT HEALTHY. They liked having her take care of everybody else first, and they didn't want to have to start thinking of her needs first before their own. It was inconvenient that they could no longer take her for granted. So their urging her to "get help" was a way of saying, go back to how you've always been so I don't have to change. It was not sincere. This is how I see Tyler and all the other people in Cate's life. Once my sis-in-law started taking the right drugs, she was able to put the smile back on her face and cheerfully go back to overfunctioning, resuming her role as the person who does everything for everybody else. That is not "better."

• Love 20

I wonder what Brandon and Teresa think about Tyler and Cate's pot use. They appear to be pretty conservative and I can't picture them being OK with it. Being in the position Cate and Tyler are in (wanting as much contact with Carly as possible) it seems so stupid to me for them to be flaunting their weed usage on the show, Twitter, etc.  It's so unnecessary. Those two truly are not very bright when it comes to protecting their relationship with Brandon and Teresa.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I have a theory about that weird picture.... I know Amber has a Marilyn Monroe obsession. She seems to have toned it down, but in previous seasons she had Marilyn posters, blankets, t-shirts, etc. I bet Matt & Amber "relate" to Marilyn & JFK since Amber loves Marilyn (& also had a pill problem) and Matt probably sees himself as JFK, the older man from Massachusetts who had an affair with Marilyn. I could just see these losers sitting on their couch comparing themselves to JFK & Marilyn.  BARF. 

Haha, wow. I love you. This made me laugh so hard - partly because it's so ridiculous, but partly because I can 1000% see them doing that. 

16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

My in-laws are best friends with my husband's ex-wife. In fact, all 3 of her children with her next two husbands call them "grandma and grandpa". They just bought one of the kids his first car. It's insane. But my husband never had children with her. At least there is SOMETHING connecting Ryan's parents and Maci - Bentley. I think it really depends on the comfort level of all involved. Both Taylor and Ryan seem fine with it, so I don't think it's that odd. But my inlaws can get lost. 

4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Gosh, Matt is just creepy the way he talks for Amber. The producer asks them something, Amber starts to answer and he finishes her sentence. I cannot stand to look at either of them.

Yup. There are definitely circumstances when an older guy and a younger girl can get together and there's nothing weird or sinister about it. But Amber has arrested development and is super immature, and Matt is definitely THAT older dude who's manipulating the young, naive girl. No doubt about it. 

3 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Maybe they just like weed? I don't, I don't drink either. But I don't think pot is any worse than alcohol. A lot of people just smoke it to calm down and take the edge off, after a long day. The same way someone might have a beer or a bourbon when they get home. *Shrug* I don't see the overall big deal. People should be able to put whatever they want into their bodies, IMO. I don't think anyone should need a medical reason to smoke pot. 

That being said, they shouldn't use it while driving. They shouldn't use it to the point of not being able to function while taking care of a child. I definitely think, in this case, there is likely an unhealthy dependency going on. 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Farrah! How nice of you to comment! Actually this post gave me a hystererical laughing fit. Are you SURE that you're not Farrah because that post was hilarious.

Holy shit, if you only knew how hard I was laughing when I was channeling Farrah through my post (lol)

There's something about her that's so easy to mock, because we know she'll have the same goddamned reaction to every question / comment / conversation they film.  She's become predictable.  At this point, why bother filming?!  They could splice the same one "Farrah reaction" of choice over and over into any scene because, well, that's what we expect now.  Nothing new, nothing fresh, just typical Farrah.

*sigh*

Edited by RamonaSenomar
"reaction" is not spelled "reactoin"
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Really?

As long as Maci, Taylor, and Ryan's family are all comfortable with it, I think it's alright. My ex's parents are still very involved in my and my son's life. I get invited to their family functions still. Come to think of it, my ex is coddled by his mother like Jen does with Ryan. If Maci and Ryan got together when she was 15 or 16, Jen has been a part of Maci's life for some of those formative years, and could explain the bond.

• Love 10

Bentley is involved with sports every day of the week except for Wednesday.  Maci and Ryan's people show up for every event.  I don't know about you, but I'm an awesome parent who has no interest in attending every single practice or game.

• Love 15

I think Maci was complaining about Ryan not showing up for the actual games, not necessarily the practices.  Also the fact that he is not working so the only reason he wouldn't be there is a complete lack of interest.  We have actually discussed this theory a lot on the old boards about how Ryan was one of those dads who just doesn't take to babies and that when their child becomes Bently's age Ryan would be incredibly involved because he would feel like he has something to offer an adolescent boy, especially one who is into the same things (motorcross/sports, etc) Ryan is in too.  Now we are at that time period and Ryan still has no interest in really being there for Bently. 

• Love 7

I also think it is interesting Ryan doesn't participate more because Bentley is awesome at all of those sports for his age!  Baseball, basketball, and the motocross stuff.  From what I have seen he is pretty good for his age so would be really fun to play with.

• Love 4

Unrelated to this episode, but MTV just posted ALL seasons of Teen MOM OG (including season 1). They all look like whittle babies, the moms lol, not the real babies. I recommend that you add Adblock because the commercials are long and close together I keep Adblock enabled for this site to give Previously TV some ad money love.

• Love 5

Farrah to the locksmith "ok, here's my signature, now let's get going".  She really is  such a rude woman.  It's the tone she takes with anyone she sees as beneath her.  Which is apparently everyone.  Simon looked and sounded beyond frustrated with Farrah.  He is usually zoned out.  I would have thought he was being an ass to production but,  as I've seen production kiss all these woman's ass and  praise them for absolutely nothing,  I'm sure Simon figured they would take care of the truck for their monster Farrah.  Not that I completely understood the problem.  We saw him at the end of the episode taking it back.  Was he waiting for her to get ready? She looked like she came down and was looking for him.  Idk she is just a terrible person.  

Did Tyler stay in Arizona most of  the 30 days?  It said "Tyler's rental home". When he was talking to Cate on the phone. Nova is so cute.  I just wanted to throw a floppy hat on her head during the hike. 

Amber has no interest in being a mother, she just likes  to talk about being a mother.  What a mess she is.  She wanted to kill herself because she didn't get more time with Leah?  There you go, that makes as much sense as not picking her up on Wednesdays because you didn't have more visition,  idiot. Can Matt please not be in every scene! My God man,  you will have people thinking you're camera hungry. 

Gary talking to Leah about brushing her teeth,  makes me think Leah's already had some dental problems.  I don't understand why Gary can't get Amber on the phone when Leah is with her?   Amber always seems to have her phone right next to her on the couch. Amber doesn't realize that just because your child isn't with you doesn't mean you don't think of them and would like to talk to them before bed or whatever.  

The JFK painting was odd to me.

Does Amber now keep her dogs in the basement or in one room with the door closed?  Sounds like fun for the dogs. 

I almost forgot the end with Debra back on the floor scrubbing, while Farrah ate her salad.  I just can't with Farrah. 

• Love 8
On 9/27/2016 at 2:12 AM, mamadrama said:

Our son died 6 years ago. After he died, my husband felt the need to change something about him physically. He didn't feel the same on the inside so he wanted that reflected on the outside. As a result, he grew a beard. He's had it now for 6 years and has refused to shave it off, although he does keep it neat and trimmed. 

After watching that scene with the bearded trio he marched straight into the bathroom and, for the first time in half a decade, I heard that razor going. 

<3<3 Hugs to you, fellow member of the club no one wants to be a member of... 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Seriously, he was walking around that showroom like he was Thurston Howell, III. At first, I actually thought he was joking when he was ordering that salesman to "give me one of these and we'll take that." Of all the bums in the world, Amber picks up this one? She could've at least picked up a halfway hot looking hitchhiker on her way back from jel. Imported a decent looking scam artist looking for a green card. Hell, what's K-Fed doing these days? Matt is a filthy, scummy, deadbeat, sorry excuse for a man, with absolutely no redeeming qualities. Aim higher than the gutter, Amber.

I laughed when Sophia told Farrah she was expecting some other news and that the dogs weren't excited. Why would a 7 year old care about you closing on a house? And expect her to read the paperwork too? I barely read the paperwork when I bought my own house. 

Thurston Howell III this week and both the Skipper and Gilligan next week. 

• Love 5