Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Stage Moms And Dropped Bombs

• Start Topic

Shannon panics about a looming family move as her daughters tune up for a rock show. Meanwhile, Vicki celebrates Briana's birthday; and family and friends watch the Beador girls perform, but an uninvited guest's startling allegation rocks the evening.

Just now, FlyingEgret said:

Why is Vicki's doorbell hidden under a tacky outdoor painting?  Maybe she thinks no one comes to visit her but in actuality they just don't know how to announce their presence 

I think the neighbors probably covered the doorbell once they caught sight of Kelly.

• Love 12

Shan playing air guitar? Rock on, girl!

Those flashbacks of Vix show how much her facial work has finally settled. I'd forgotten how puffy she was.

I hope we aren't going to see a Ladies of Rock-Countess Lu duet. 

So Kelly shared what Donna said while standing next to Donna? Oy.

And because it must be said -- Troy and Owie for the win!

• Love 5

The only way I'd watch that band again is if they renamed themselves Countess Zolciak.

Based on one of the behind the scenes specials it's clear Tamra feels the heat of having to provide a storyline every season. Tamra, faith and exercise is not a storyline.

NEXT WEEK: Kelly makes someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder seem empathetic!

• Love 12

I simply cannot believe that Shannon had no one help box up their stuff.  I moved 2 months ago, and it took me a couple of weeks - every single night - of packing boxes to get it all done. And my house is a fraction of the size of her house. Pack your undies yourself if you want, but I don't get not having someone help if you have their kind of money. 

• Love 21

Shannon is so real and messy - the antithesis of the deeply inauthentic Heather Dubrow - that I worry I'm going to pull a cringe muscle watching her. 

The stage mom act at the studio was endearing in a Linda Belcher sort of way, but that business with David's mom was rough. She's learned nothing from last season, and this week told the cameras way too much, and her daughters waaaaaaaay too much. I get that she was really flustered at the party, and maybe couldn't think quickly enough to realize that obviously the woman had shown up and taken one of her castmates aside to say evil shit about her in the hopes it would be televised, and do something to minimize the damage and quietly sweep her out of the venue. In the heat of the moment I don't expect a lot of careful, strategic thinking from anyone. But she shouldn't have talked about it with her kids in the car - especially saying basically "girls, Grandma blames me for your daddy fucking around", like oh my god there are several layers of reasons why not to say that to your young children - and she probably should have found a fairly diplomatic way of handling it in her interviews, likely filmed days (weeks?) after the fact. A relationship like that won't be mended by airing the dirty laundry so thoroughly, and her mother-in-law is very unlikely to accept a clean break and just disappear. Maybe her way of shrilly shouting to the rooftops her every thought and secret will work out for her, but I think her girls have some really rough years ahead of them.

• Love 19

Howcome Kelly is always acting like she smoked a shit load of Spice, drank a four loco, and snorted a bath salt? I'm not trying to be mean but she behaves and looks weird, like hills have eyes weird. 

When was this taped? Megan's hair was distinctly blond today. And all season it's been light ash brown. I can't imagine she's lighten it after she got pregnant when enjoying life as brunette for months. Also wots up with the hipster duds? 

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I simply cannot believe that Shannon had no one help box up their stuff.  I moved 2 months ago, and it took me a couple of weeks - every single night - of packing boxes to get it all done. And my house is a fraction of the size of her house. Pack your undies yourself if you want, but I don't get not having someone help if you have their kind of money. 

Really - that had to be just for the show. I don't like people in my stuff either, but I do the undies, jewelry, art, keepsakes and photos and that's enough trouble - can't imagine doing a house the size of Shannon's!

• Love 6

Ladies of Rock should be LOR.   Sorry kids, you are bad at acronyms and at being the female Hanson.

So last week, Kelly rolled over on her back submitting to Heather, and now she's peeing all over herself around Shannon.   She really is the omega dog of the bunch when she's off the booze.   Though I will admit that Shannon is pretty fucking volatile too. 

Enjoy your friend of housewife status, Vicki.  Hopefully one day you'll show up to work and no one will hand you a script or even acknowledge your hideous ass.  Nothing about is even amusing anymore.  You just suck and are there for no reason.

oh hey Tamra, shit hadn't been stirred for 1.5 seconds.  Is that a stick over there?  

• Love 24

I skipped a season or 2 of OC, and just got back into it this season, so I'm wondering:  what's the deal with David?  He seems so low-energy and  creepy and just odd.  Does anyone know where their money comes from?  What is his story?

• Love 1

Vicki thinks she got all of her friends back (except Shannon) try again Vicki, they are your cast mates, not friends.

I don't think she has any real  life friends. Still remember her going to her class reunion and people ( free lunch with her "friends") couldn't wait for her to gone (Bob Tomato anyone??)

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I loved how Meghan got Tamra to apologize to her when tamra was obviously baiting her. Im totally liking Meghan going head to head with these crazies. She dishes it right back

And with davids family...what the every loving fuck???? I can't imagine that sort of drama.  And Shannon...you are not over the affair if that is your reaction. Sorry hunny. It sucks. You don't HAVE to be over it. But don't sit there and say you are when you freak out like that.  

It's kind of endearing the way Shannon wears her heart on her sleeve, but she needs to learn to protect herself from the jackals who drool to see her in pain.

• Love 19

Omg so much wrong in this ep.

Shannon no one believes you are actually packing your house yourself so just shut up about being stressed over packing

Vicks no one wants to hear about your sex life, or lack there of. Especially your children, son in law and grandkids. Loved that she was still sporting her neck brace and fake stiffness.   As Billy crystal said in when Harry met sally, Vicks is the worst, domeone who is high maintenance who think S they are low maintenance. Brianna so has her number. But wtf Brianna you wake up your kids to see their dad and then want them to go back to sleep? 

Tamra us the biggest shit stirrer. 

That debacle with David's mom was ...my mouth was hanging open. I have no idea there that was producer driven but damn. But I swear, she and David need to shut the fuck up about  discussing family troubles in front of their kids!

I didn't miss heather one bit during most of the episode. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I think she should learn to temper it a little. I think she kind of ruined her kids big night by freaking out then talking about it in the limo. That conversation could have been had the next day. I felt bad for her kids . 

I felt bad for the kids too.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We just went through a move, too, mcm!  Downsized to a much smaller home - if I had the money, I soooo would have had the movers pack for me as well.  I'm sure that's what is happening with Shannon, and the packing scenes were just for the show.  

You're better than me - it took me about three months, but I moved slowly until we were totally under the time crunch.  I would pack two or three boxes a day for a couple of weeks, and then, get sidetracked (Hey - it was summer and the beach was calling, LOL!!).  But, if I had to do it, I don't know if I could have done it all in ten-twelve days without some major outside help.  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I skipped a season or 2 of OC, and just got back into it this season, so I'm wondering:  what's the deal with David?  He seems so low-energy and  creepy and just odd.  Does anyone know where their money comes from?  What is his story?

Family business, Beador and Son Construction but big contracts with the CA Dept of Transportation.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Family business, Beador and Son Construction but big contracts with the CA Dept of Transportation.

Yep, HUGE CalTrans contracts. Think on ramps, off ramps, lane expansions, safety median's, ect. 

We have had a huge 101 revamp going on south here for the last year, lots of money/labor involved. Will be glad when it it completed!

• Love 3

I think Shannon has somehow managed to remain true to who she is for three seasons.   There was no way Shannon was going to react any differently to hearing about the comment made by David's mother.  

And I honestly think that Shannon may be the deciding factor if Vicki finally gets the boot.  No one honestly likes her on the show.  She's bringing nothing to the show and Shannon shows zero interest in opening the door to a relationship of any kind with Vicki.  

And Vicki's attitude towards Shannon's phone call said it all.   Her not returning the call had nothing to do with Shannon not running to her bedside, but rather her belief that "she got her friends back" after the accident; hence no further need to attempt to reconcile with Shannon.  Poor Jeana Keough was probably cast aside again by Vicki.

• Love 22

I think I could watch a whole hour of Michael's reactions to Vicki. Hell, even Brianna and Ryan's reactions were great. I also, loved Brianna reminding Vicki that it was her birthday. Oh Vicki, I think Brooks was your soulmate, because you are both horrible people.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Maybe that's why MIL is nuts. (West Coast here and haven't seen it yet but she sounds like a piece of work)

She's a piece of work for sure.

The person at a party that you excuse yourself to use the ladies room or refresh your drink and then stay far away from the rest of the night.

• Love 2

The restaurant scene with Vicki and the family was the BEST!  Mom got 'read'.  And then Vicky toasts to family.  Mom, it's my birthday. 

We haven't seen Michael hardly at all for the last more than few seasons and Vicki probably threatened to take him out of the will if he didn't do more scenes this season.  And the agreement was that he would come back but he's gonna say exactly how he feels judging by this week's episode and next.

I think Shannon probably packed her personal stuff.  The rest:  movers.  When we last moved, we had the movers pack just about EVERYTHING.  And they just packed whatever they saw.  I packed the bathroom cabinets and fortunately, we were taking our furniture so they didn't empty out furniture drawers (Otherwise, I would have packed them as well). 

I don't think the MIL was a set up by production.  I think Donna really does hate Shannon and the oldest daughter seemed to confirm this when they were in the limo.  David's mother is a piece of work and just wanted to 'get' Shannon.  I don't think she was 'miced' either.  I could be wrong.  I did feel bad for David.  He's got to deal with his mother and Shannon.  It's hard.  I didn't really have a problem with Tamra or Kelly telling Shannon what Donna said.  I would have wanted to know.  Yeah, Shannon's reaction was a bit much but I wouldn't want that woman at the after party. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Briana is really sticking to her mother! Wonder if Vicki will address this in her blog?

It was too funny when Vicki announced that she thought she was a good catch...crickets from the whole table and how low maintenance she is and they were all  oh hell no!

It was also telling watching her in earlier scenes moving her head and neck around but when she came to the resturaunt she was acting all stiff.

Her kids obviously can't stand her, but they love her money.

She had the neck brace on but had her head bent down, a big no, no and then we see her with no brace on at all moving her head/neck like nothing was/is wrong. Faker! LOL

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Anyone else wondering if Tamra invited David's mom?

Maybe Kelly? She went up to Kelly first and did she already know Kelly's name or did I just hear wrong? LOL

• Love 6
2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

It was also telling watching [Vicki] in earlier scenes moving her head and neck around but when she came to the resturaunt she was acting all stiff.

9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She had the neck brace on but had her head bent down, a big no, no and then we see her with no brace on at all moving her head/neck like nothing was/is wrong. Faker! LOL

Where's Mike Brady and his briefcase when we need it! LOL

I think that accident (the "loriffic" one, right Kels?) knocked a lot of the progress out of Tamra. Last week with the "go to hell," this week with her overall demeanor and tone. Not really very Christian to condemn someone to hell, Tams... Just saying...

Totally agree re: Vicki's issues with Shannon potentially relegating her to FOH status. I had the same thought. But that dinner was everything! Oh my gosh, you are all right. Michael's reactions were fantastic. I need to see that again to catch some of his lines.

• Love 15

Kelly walks in to Shannon's house all meek and apologized to Shannon and all is ok now? You kidding me? Those two had several epic fights and it's magically all good between them?  And our little shit stirrer Tams gets away with it again. Telling Shannon what the MIL said. Then Shannon jumps up yelling and screaming at David, runs in to the bathroom crying, making a scene as usual. Next thing you know she comes out of the bathroom and sits back down (after telling David he better defend her), like nothing happened.   There is so much wonky editing going on this season, I can't stand it anymore. 

Oh, Shannon was on WWHL tonight and told Andy she was glad Tamra told her what the MIL said because she and Tamra are sooooo close, she would expect Tamra to tell her. Like I said, our shit stirrer can do no wrong.  And I don't like Shannon. Sure, you packed up your own house, honey. Shut up. 

• Love 11

Kelly has really grown over these last couple of episodes. I think the Glamis incident had the most effect on her.  Even though she wasn't injured, it seems like she realized how precious life is and how the trivial things that she was fighting with Shannon and Heather about didn't matter.

I don't want to make any type of diagnosis of someone's mental state because I'm not a shrink, but David's mom doesn't seem rational, and that is putting it mildly. Who starts telling their son and daughter's business to strangers they've never met?

Tamra just loves to stir the pot. She just had to tell Shannon that David's mom said Shannon "pushed him" to his affair. And then she tried to justify it by saying she thought Shannon was over the affair.  Even if Shannon was completely over the affair, (which she acknowledged that she isn't), no woman wants to hear that she is responsible for her husband cheating on her.

That song Shannon's daughters were singing reminded me of Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker." They may never be Def Leppard, but I like to see women playing instruments, so rock on, LOCK.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, jnymph said:

Ugh! For the love of God why do Shannon & David continue to discuss marital issues with their barely teen age girls!? That's fucked up. And speaking of their under age girls, why were they playing in a BAR!? 

Oh, this the same parents that discuss their Fathers wet dreams with them. 

YES.  Shannon, please, PLEASE stop talking about the affair in front of your children.  Both you and David need to learn that you don't have to tell your kids everything, even when they ask.  They are kids, they are going to ask but they really don't want to know the nitty gritty.

I felt terrible for the Ladies of Rock that their nice evening turned into another clusterfuck courtesy of Jesus' little messenger, Tamra.  WHY would she tell Shannon that at all, much less at an event for the girls?  If nothing else, I have to give it to Tamra because girlfriend earns her paycheck. 

And Vicki talking about wanting and needing sex at Briana's birthday dinner?  Ewwww.  Just ewwww.  

She and Shannon need to make up because they are exactly the same when it comes to inappropriate conversations with your children.

• Love 11

I can't believe Vicki kept saying how much she loved sex in front of her grandchildren. Granted, Troy and especially Owen are too young to know what sex is, but it still made me very uncomfortable. If Vicki had been kinder to Don, she might actually still be married and still be getting all the sex her heart desired.

• Love 13