Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Meet the Parents

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I personally think Jim Bob doesn't like the fact that Jeremy is independent and self-supporting. Yes, he has a one bedroom apartment but he does have a job as a pastor at a small church. It's very likely that he will be able to move on to a larger church in the future, and I think that is likely considering he's on the Duggars show now. People will show up at his church to hear him preach (why wasn't that shown on this episode??) and those who like him will continue to attend. Jeremy doesn't need to move to Arkansas and kiss Jim Bob's ass, plain and simple and I have a strong feeling he and Jinger will do things their way once they're married. If Jinger decides to pursue photography or get a job in a coffee shop, Jeremy will be okay with that. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

I personally think Jim Bob doesn't like the fact that Jeremy is independent and self-supporting. Yes, he has a one bedroom apartment but he does have a job as a pastor at a small church. It's very likely that he will be able to move on to a larger church in the future, and I think that is likely considering he's on the Duggars show now. People will show up at his church to hear him preach (why wasn't that shown on this episode??) and those who like him will continue to attend. Jeremy doesn't need to move to Arkansas and kiss Jim Bob's ass, plain and simple and I have a strong feeling he and Jinger will do things their way once they're married. If Jinger decides to pursue photography or get a job in a coffee shop, Jeremy will be okay with that. 

Agree.  For the first time a married couple in the Duggar clan will not have to depend on JimBob for a roof (Josh, Jill, Jessa) or a job (Ben).  JimBob saw what happened when Jill married an adult with a job.  The first thing he did was move her a thousand miles away from the Duggar clan as soon as he could arrange it  - on the pretext of "mission work".  Derick knows Jill is miserable and just doesn't give a sh*t because it's all about him and what he wants.  He knows Jill won't check out on him.  It's not part of her DNA, so he just does whatever he wants.

I, too, think Jeremy's church will grow from the exposure on TLC.  People will come out of curiosity at first.  They'll want to see Jinger and Jeremy in person.  Once the novelty has worn off, the folks who are true will stay with the church.

JimBob feels threatened by Jeremy and he has enough sense to look into the future and see that the future of the Duggars is not with he and Michelle, but his children.  He wants a piece of the financial pie.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Can you even be an instructor after only flying for maybe 4 years?

Conceivably, yes. But you need a commercial pilot's license. Which JD doesn't have and, my guess is, will never have. Since Jim Bob would probably have to give or lend him some money in order to get it and JB won't, since having it would allow JD to, you know, decide to work for someone else.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Poor Jana, I don't think she'll ever escape the Duggar cult.  She seems to have resigned herself to being in that house for the rest of her life.

Yes, and Jana's Gothard-Approved banana curls are as tightly wound as ever.  (See Sierra's birthday photo).

• Love 1

I'm going to agree with the previous poster who said something has happened between jinj and babe. JB senses it and it's eating his Lardo ass to pieces. I loved when lard ass put his arm around her and she broke free and went right back to Jeremy. HA! I like this couple only because it bugs the shit out of boob and he pretty much can't do a darn thing about it!???. He's finally been beat. Jeremy doesn't need him and for once lard doesn't have complete control. I would guess JB was probably an arrogant Jesus loving Dudley-do-right in high school and ran his mouth. The high school kids probably hated him which explains his disdain for an athletic, self-sufficient man. JB has man issues...I don't even think his own dad liked him. Sorry lard ass....you lose.

• Love 14

On Germy's potential church growth. I agree that he'll certainly pull in some initial gawkers. But they'd better have a very very solid growth plan to hold onto those gawkers (and looking at his preaching, I wonder whether he could have one -- he's a giant downer and giant snooze as far as I can tell), the odds are against him when it comes to the church ever attaining much of a size --

Approximate Distribution of U.S. Protestant and Other Christian Churches by size (excluding Catholic/Orthodox)

WEEKLY ATTENDANCE  7-99   59% of U.S. churches

100-499    35%

500-999    4%

1,000-1,999     2%

and percentages shrinking from there. And, of course, church attendance and affiliation, including among fundies, continue to drop. So they'd better get used to not making much cash. And he'd better think about getting that second job if Jinge wants to go the multiple babies route.

http://hirr.hartsem.edu/research/fastfacts/fast_facts.html#sizecong

• Love 1
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I don't remember the whole Josh/Anna courtship...did they actually hold hands?  How did Boob feel about that?  is it one of those things that's cool if his son is doing the blasphemous hand-holding, but not his daughter?

This is the name of my new band.

I'll play tambourine!  Or the comb.  I really have no musical talent but had to glom on since its a good name.

Not only did they hold hands they both looked like they needed a cig.  

13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Dad, I think he's gonna pork her!

Ok, did you purpose to make me snort iced tea out of my nose?  Quoting European Vacation is made of win!

• Love 1

It's very clear to JB that Babe is gonna put it on Jinj something fierce. There wasn't any fear that Jessa or Jill were going to be turned out by their men. Jim could still weirdly maintain that control over them even though they're married.  Derrick looks like a complete dud in the sack. Ben, also inexperienced is probably a bumbling idiot of a lay. 

But Jeremy? Hes going to lay something serious on that girl. I agree with the other posters who think hes already given her a taste of what's to come. And she likey. Once Jinjer gets it really put on her and she's calling another man daddy? All control JB has will be lost. There won't be any question about it.

• Love 21
44 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

On Germy's potential church growth. I agree that he'll certainly pull in some initial gawkers. But they'd better have a very very solid growth plan to hold onto those gawkers (and looking at his preaching, I wonder whether he could have one -- he's a giant downer and giant snooze as far as I can tell), the odds are against him when it comes to the church ever attaining much of a size --

Approximate Distribution of U.S. Protestant and Other Christian Churches by size (excluding Catholic/Orthodox)

WEEKLY ATTENDANCE  7-99   59% of U.S. churches

100-499    35%

500-999    4%

1,000-1,999     2%

and percentages shrinking from there. And, of course, church attendance and affiliation, including among fundies, continue to drop. So they'd better get used to not making much cash. And he'd better think about getting that second job if Jinge wants to go the multiple babies route.

http://hirr.hartsem.edu/research/fastfacts/fast_facts.html#sizecong

Does anyone know what degree Babe has? I wonder if he and Bin could work together for a part time church ministry and both get full time jobs in non-profit as well. Bin has an associates degree. Could Bin and Babe parlay their education, experience and interests into a non-profit football/sports organization for homeschooled children or something. Babe has a great background for the sports thing. Not suggesting they outright grift like the Dullards, but provide a real service to homeschoolers and take an administration fee, then, share the pulpit as well.

If there is a gawd, the sports thing would be secular. See what I did there? 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

It's very clear to JB that Babe is gonna put it on Jinj something fierce. There wasn't any fear that Jessa or Jill were going to be turned out by their men. Jim could still weirdly maintain that control over them even though they're married.  Derrick looks like a complete dud in the sack. Ben, also inexperienced is probably a bumbling idiot of a lay. 

But Jeremy? Hes going to lay something serious on that girl. I agree with the other posters who think hes already given her a taste of what's to come. And she likey. Once Jinjer gets it really put on her and she's calling another man daddy? All control JB has will be lost. There won't be any question about it.

You crack me up!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Or, for that matter, Jeremy's (virtually endless) anti-masturbation sermon?

Is this available online?  I'd Google, but it would be awkward to type "Anti-Masturbation Sermon" into the search bar on my work computer.  Heh.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Is this available online?  I'd Google, but it would be awkward to type "Anti-Masturbation Sermon" into the search bar on my work computer.  Heh.

Same here.  Maybe you could google "sermons by Pastor Jeremy Volous" something like that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

Does anyone know what degree Babe has? I wonder if he and Bin could work together for a part time church ministry and both get full time jobs in non-profit as well. Bin has an associates degree. Could Bin and Babe parlay their education, experience and interests into a non-profit football/sports organization for homeschooled children or something. Babe has a great background for the sports thing. Not suggesting they outright grift like the Dullards, but provide a real service to homeschoolers and take an administration fee, then, share the pulpit as well.

If there is a gawd, the sports thing would be secular. See what I did there? 

I'm pretty sure JV Soccer has an undergrad business degree ....

Good point about how they might be able to parlay their backgrounds into something. Probably wouldn't be a wildly lucrative something, but it would, as you say, be something. Of course they'd have to live in the same place -- I'm still skeptical that Jessa will go to Laredo, especially with kid number two on teh way. How'll she get auntie-mom help? How'll she get Jana to cook dinner?

Does anyone have a clue as to if the Duggars watch their own show?  JB would probably not acknowledge that he was anything but appropriate with the Jeremy family, what with his ego and all...

And, I think it might have been @Churchhoney (sorry if I got that wrong) who noted that some fundy families do procure abortions for their unwed daughters - Jeremy might be a case of do as I say, not as I do.  

Thanks Absolom! Just watched it.  Those boys could not have looked less interested, and Jeremy's voice seems too soft to preach a fire and brimstone sermon.  I want to know who that kid was sitting in front dressed in all black?  He reminded me of the creepy brother from Wedding Crashers:

creepy brother wedding crashers.jpg

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Evagirl said:

You crack me up!

Me too!  Especially the part about "she likey" and "calling another man daddy".  I'm dying here...  I've always liked Jinger, and I hope her sex life is smokin' hot and that they decide to say FU to the Gothard/Duggar rules and use very effective birth control.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I googled on YouTube.  It was a boring sermon .  Rambled and didn't really get to any conclusion or climax. 

Your last sentence relating to the subject at hand (sorry bad pun) slays me! Rambles on, and no conclusion or climax. I had to stop myself from spitting out my sip of 7up. Classic! *lol*

8 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

Josh and Anna held hands after they were engaged.  The had figurative hand sex.  It was disgusting.

The hand sex was going on when I was still a viewer.  I swear Anna would breathe hard (like in real sex) during the hand sex scenes and sit and stare google-eyed at Joshley.  It was ridiculous.

• Love 6
On September 14, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Fuzzysox said:

Bwahahaha you win the internet today! I can't stop laughing.

Boob is an ass for criticizing Jer's apartment. At least he earns his own money and has a decent place to live while your kids are all in some prison camp called a bedroom.

Why do we NOT have a wedding date yet? 

As for the wedding date, I hope, with all my heart and soul, that they elope.  That would be the ultimate "Fuck you, Jim Bob" move.

• Love 7

No hibbity jibbity, Calvins in a ball on the front seat has a occurred but they act waaaaaaaaaay too intimate for there not to have been some tonsil hockey/light petting. JB knows it and probably tried to make her point on the doll where the bad man touched her.

• Love 11

Wow, where to start!!!   Boob is such a creep.  Who does he think he is to criticize Jeremy's apt. or salary?  Tacky to say the least.  How does he provide for his family?  The fine art of grifting, passed down to the next generation.

While I think this is a strange pair, Jer and Jinger seem to genuinely care for each other.  They seem to know each other a little better than the others did their intended, since they are at least allowed to talk privately.  But, oh my word, how many times a day?  She really does act like she is in middle school, and he does seem a little old for her, but if it gets her the hell out of Arkansas, I'm all for it.

Weird how he sang a song just for her, but they all had to sit and listen to it together.  Kinda sucked the romance right out of it.  Not my kind of thing, but I guess it was sweet. 

Jinger is so excited to live there.  The 800 times she said "Babe!" worked on my nerves, though.  The apartment is nice for a couple starting out, better than a lot have it, so STFU, Boob.  And quit calling Michelle "Mama", you horn-dog a**hole.  You have so lost control, and we all love it!  Michelle didn't say much, thank goodness.  Jer's parents seem OK.

And why didn't it occur to Boob that Jinger may want to work?  She could work in a daycare, or in retail, or anything she wants to do.  You know, live like a normal young couple.  Being far away from her family will hopefully be good for her.

It will be fun to see how this plays out.

• Love 10

When Joy said her heart wasn't being led to engineering I thought, no. It's your home foolin' that's not leading you there or anywhere for that matter!

I'm not sure which was worse-Jeremy's singing or Jinger's "art". And sitting there for 3:46 minutes with everyone just sitting around with their shit grinning faces was torture. 

I don't find it such a sacrifice to wait until you are married to have sex when the courtships progress to marriage within months. I've waited more than two months to have sex in a relationship so big f'ing whoop!  It's not like Ben and Jessa waiting for 2 years to get busy and they saw each other almost everyday not every two weeks like these two. 

I can't wait to see how courtship rules continue to loosen down through the kids. Poor JB is so terrified the TLC money train won't keep rolling if we aren't blessed with a new courtship every season. I really hope Jana meets the right person if she wishes to marry. I'd rather see her than Joy move on but she maybe she is too demure to act like an idiot on tv. 

I thought Jon David was looking pretty decent. He lost a lot of weight which seems to have reduced his receding hairline. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

When Joy said her heart wasn't being led to engineering I thought, no. It's your home foolin' that's not leading you there or anywhere for that matter!

I'm not sure which was worse-Jeremy's singing or Jinger's "art". And sitting there for 3:46 minutes with everyone just sitting around with their shit grinning faces was torture. 

I don't find it such a sacrifice to wait until you are married to have sex when the courtships progress to marriage within months. I've waited more than two months to have sex in a relationship so big f'ing whoop!  It's not like Ben and Jessa waiting for 2 years to get busy and they saw each other almost everyday not every two weeks like these two. 

I can't wait to see how courtship rules continue to loosen down through the kids. Poor JB is so terrified the TLC money train won't keep rolling if we aren't blessed with a new courtship every season. I really hope Jana meets the right person if she wishes to marry. I'd rather see her than Joy move on but she maybe she is too demure to act like an idiot on tv. 

I thought Jon David was looking pretty decent. He lost a lot of weight which seems to have reduced his receding hairline. 

Yeah waiting until you're married to have sex isn't a big sacrifice when people are married after a few months of meeting their intended and are in their late teens or early 20s. Anna was 3 months past 20 when she married Josh. 

Jinger cannot wait! She is so hungry for him she makes me giggle inside. I think maybe something happened between them during the mission trip where they met. 

• Love 6

I gotta say in all honesty that Jinger's obvious lust for Jeremy is immodest.   She is so hot for Jeremy it's embrassing for the viewer.  I was uncomfortable watching her all heated up like that...because we all know what's going through her mind.  

Is she that unaware of how it looks?   

I hope we don't find Jinger on a mini golf course dry humping Jeremy. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 12

So three Duggars have paper certificates of graduation from "Duggar Academy" or some such thing. Do any of those three have a GED?

I recall seeing comments by leghumpers on SM claiming that the Duggar kids who are high school grad age and older, all have their GEDs, but I don't believe it.

Because a few years ago, the GED changed and is now a lot harder to pass. As much as this family disgusts me, I would be glad to know that some if not all of the 17-18 year olds (and older) kids have their GEDs. But I fear that few if any of them have one. 

• Love 5

T

Keeping in mind that Jim Bob is an ass, how many of us would have complimented something about Jeremy's apartment and left out the digs? Certainly there was something? That's how guests would respond normally. The thing is, I don't think being a guest of anyone is up Jim Bob's alley. He always makes it into a horrible cluster from "learning" to lay tile to going to someone's home. Rambling, sorry!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Keeping in mind that Jim Bob is an ass, how many of us would have complimented something about Jeremy's apartment and left out the digs? Certainly there was something? That's how guests would respond normally. The thing is, I don't think being a guest of anyone is up Jim Bob's alley. He always makes it into a horrible cluster from "learning" to lay tile to going to someone's home. Rambling, sorry!

NM. I misunderstood this. Sorry.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Marigold said:

I gotta say in all honesty that Jinger's obvious lust for Jeremy is immodest.   She is so hot for Jeremy it's embrassing for the viewer.  I was uncomfortable watching her all heated up like that...because we all know what's going through her mind.  

Is she that unaware of how it looks?   

I expect she's being carried along on a weird suffused heady super-super high and fever of lust that she can't even look outside of, so I'm sure she's unaware of how she looks. She's unaware of almost everything at this point. I know that feeling. And, in fact, contrary to the experience of some folks, I had it as a late teenager, when I finally escaped into the normal world -- after a life much like Jinger's -- without ever having any sexual, physical or romantic contact with a guy at all. I was just so extremely horny by that point that my body was virtually on fire, without having to be stoked up by any touching or even the prospect of actual touching. So while I agree that it's possible Jeremy's touched her already, I don't agree that that would have been necessary to send her into the frenzy of lust she's in. I know for a fact that it isn't necessary. Your own body can put you into that state after all that suppression.

In Jinger's case, though, unlike my own, I doubt she even realizes that that's what she's feeling. I expect that, for more than one reason, she's so steeped in Duggar-denial-of-fact that she imagines she's feeling deep, spiritual godly love and that she suppresses consciousness of many of the actual physical feelings she's having, such as the fact that she's perpetually wetter than an Arkansas swamp.  Plenty of psychological studies show that's the case with many women, and I'd call Jinger a prime candidate for that kind of suppression. She's imbibed all the Duggar crap about sex. She's slept in a dorm full of loudmouth spies and small children her whole life. And she experienced intra-family child sex abuse and not only got no treatment for it but was ordered to sweep it under the rug and also told, at least subliminally, that it was somehow her "fault."

I also don't buy the idea that Mr. misogynistic super-Christian jock is going to be great in bed, either. I expect that Jinger's ultimately going to have to go right on denying her actual sexual feelings because it's going to be all about him. And probably, in the words of Michelle, won't "take long." Because any guy who believes or even pretends to believe the anti-sex crap JV spouts, while clearly feeling so much lust, is every bit as fucked up in the sex department as a Duggar and thus isn't likely to be a physically sensitive, open-minded, giving or patient lover -- even to himself -- in my opinion. Being a horny failed jock in lust who nevertheless hates and distrusts sex and considers it mostly a tool of the devil is a setup for a lousy sex life if I ever heard of one, as far as I can see.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Keeping in mind that Jim Bob is an ass, how many of us would have complimented something about Jeremy's apartment and left out the digs?

Notice she said left out the digs?

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I respectfully disagree that as a guest I would "normally" compliment my host's home and also give them a "dig" about it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect she's being carried along on a weird suffused heady super-super high and fever of lust that she can't even look outside of, so I'm sure she's unaware of how she looks. She's unaware of almost everything at this point. I know that feeling. And, in fact, contrary to the experience of some folks, I had it as a late teenager, when I finally escaped into the normal world -- after a life much like Jinger's -- without ever having any sexual, physical or romantic contact with a guy at all. I was just so extremely horny by that point that my body was virtually on fire, without having to be stoked up by any touching or even the prospect of actual touching. So while I agree that it's possible Jeremy's touched her already, I don't agree that that would have been necessary to send her into the frenzy of lust she's in. I know for a fact that it isn't necessary. Your own body can put you into that state after all that suppression.

In Jinger's case, though, unlike my own, I doubt she even realizes that that's what she's feeling. I expect that, for more than one reason, she's so steeped in Duggar-denial-of-fact that she imagines she's feeling deep, spiritual godly love and that she suppresses consciousness of many of the actual physical feelings she's having, such as the fact that she's perpetually wetter than an Arkansas swamp.  Plenty of psychological studies show that's the case with many women, and I'd call Jinger a prime candidate for that kind of suppression. She's imbibed all the Duggar crap about sex. She's slept in a dorm full of loudmouth spies and small children her whole life. And she experienced intra-family child sex abuse and not only got no treatment for it but was ordered to sweep it under the rug and also told, at least subliminally, that it was somehow her "fault."

I also don't buy the idea that Mr. misogynistic super-Christian jock is going to be great in bed, either. I expect that Jinger's ultimately going to have to go right on denying her actual sexual feelings because it's going to be all about him. And probably, in the words of Michelle, won't "take long." Because any guy who believes or even pretends to believe the anti-sex crap JV spouts, while clearly feeling so much lust, is every bit as fucked up in the sex department as a Duggar and thus isn't likely to be a physically sensitive, open-minded, giving or patient lover -- even to himself -- in my opinion. Being a horny failed jock in lust who nevertheless hates and distrusts sex and considers it mostly a tool of the devil is a setup for a lousy sex life if I ever heard of one, as far as I can see.

This! All of it (including the bit about knowing what it's like to be in raging lust despite only the most cursory of physical contact). A hundred times.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

So three Duggars have paper certificates of graduation from "Duggar Academy" or some such thing. Do any of those three have a GED?

I recall seeing comments by leghumpers on SM claiming that the Duggar kids who are high school grad age and older, all have their GEDs, but I don't believe it.

Because a few years ago, the GED changed and is now a lot harder to pass. As much as this family disgusts me, I would be glad to know that some if not all of the 17-18 year olds (and older) kids have their GEDs. But I fear that few if any of them have one. 

I don't think they have a GED either, which would explain why none of them have a job or go to college.  Boob and Clown Car (rot in hell, both of you!) have screwed these kids up for life.

• Love 10

I seriously thought Jinge was going to have her knees buckle when she saw the HUGE bed Babe has.

Also, I have never been more uncomfortable watching people on TV as I was with those 2 on the couch with the parents rightthere.  Holy God, it was awful. I don't know how the camera people did uit.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah waiting until you're married to have sex isn't a big sacrifice when people are married after a few months of meeting their intended and are in their late teens or early 20s. Anna was 3 months past 20 when she married Josh. 

Jinger cannot wait! She is so hungry for him she makes me giggle inside. I think maybe something happened between them during the mission trip where they met. 

No biggie. I'm sure he diddled her over her clothes while she was sleeping,  so according to KJB and Clowncar's morals, it didn't count. 

• Love 11