Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Shannon Gets Her Groove Back

• Start Topic

Kelly's volatile behavior is addressed in the wake of furious dramas at a sushi dinner. In other events, Meghan takes the next step in her IVF process; Shannon basks in a night with friends and family; and Vicki and Kelly connect at a party of their own.

If we had all done a shot everytime Shannon said 'are you kidding me!'tonight we all would have been passed out by the end of the show. 

Kelly asking Vicki to mentor her? She really is crazy!

Meghan had two embryos implanted. I don't think she's having twins is she? 

That's all I got, it was a pretty dull episode. 

• Love 14

The Shannon/David stuff was cute. Their marriage is def doomed now, but it melted my ice cold heart a lil. 

Kelly is nuts. Even when she was talking with Megan, you can just see that she could just go off the deep end in an instant. I can't with her. She is so bad, she is has me enjoying everyone else on this damn show. I also love it when people cry and there are no tears. 

Kinda boring overall. 

• Love 8

After having dealt with a Vicki-like former friend, I can just say that some people think that nothing will ever damage a friendship so badly that it's dead. People like Vicki just assume her friends will put up with whatever shit she chooses to throw at them. Vicki would be wrong.

Will Tamra never be held responsible for the trouble she causes? This irks me no end.

• Love 22

So was S&D's vow renewal the event at which Heather was rude to a member of the serving staff leading to Jeff Lewis's remarks a few weeks back? And speaking of the vow renewal...

Watching David get Shanny primed and rarin' to go was exhausting. By the time she'd packed her hormones and nasal irrigation kit and distilled water and saline tablets and makeup and makeup remover and razor and organic feminine hygiene wash (developed by Dr. Moon) and organic colon cleanse (ditto) and whatever else a well-heeled OC HW needs for an overnight, I think David pressed his lips against the line producer's ear and said, "You better pay me big for making me endure this BS!"

I will not be impressed by Meghan's pregnancy until I see 3 Wise Men approaching from the East, an event that will make Tamballs extraordinarily excited.

Ryan comes home next week. Yay.

• Love 21

Well, Shannon and David, your marriage had a good run.  All that's left now is to decide who files for divorce and to divide up the property.  RIP marriage!

Kelly, no one hates you because they want to be you.  They hate you because you suck. 

• Love 21

Jeff went on to explain that his dislike of Heather comes from a personal experience while sitting right across from her at their mutual friend Shannon Beador's birthday party.

So this was the night it all started!  I'm sure Andy knew exactly what he was doing when he asked Jeff about his least favorite housewife on WWHL.  

• Love 11
Just now, enchantingmonkey said:

So this was the night it all started!  I'm sure Andy knew exactly what he was doing when he asked Jeff about his least favorite housewife on WWHL.  

Yes, Andy would have known and both would have known that David had asked Heather for her help in planning it.

• Love 5

Heather's reaction to the vow renewal: "They have come so far, and it's a beautiful thing to see." Meghan's reaction to the vow renewal: "This came only two years after David's AFFAIR, wow." Lol.

I do wonder, though: Vicki VERY V-E-R-Y seldom ever "adopts" the new housewife so quickly.  Normally they have several fiery hoops to jump through before she will even deign to listen to them.  I wonder why Kelly is special (aside from the recent drama).

Because Vicky is a pariah this season. Yet Kelly seems to think she is still OC top dog...she's really dumb.

• Love 23

On a superficial note, Meghan's hair looked seriously bad. So dry and damaged looking. I did not like her red jacket with the wide lapels either. It looked like something an older grandmother might wear to a Christmas party.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Andy would have known and both would have known that David had asked Heather for her help in planning it.

Of all of the OC housewives left to choose from, Heather was easily David's best bet for someone to help plan a party...but I could still see Heather being rude to the wait staff.  She has a condescending tone about her at times.  Jeff Lewis can be so OTT dramatic about things, though, so who knows if what Heather did/said was really all that rude.  Seeing prim and proper Heather get 'down in the mud' with Jeff amuses me.  

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

David gets some bonus points from me tonight. Shannon was really surprised and it was sweet!

Agree, I thought it was all really nicely done. It was fun to see Jenni, Gage and Jeff. Does anyone know how Jeff and Shannon became friends? Did they go to college together? I think they both went to USC, but I believe Jeff is a few years younger than Shannon.

As much as I dislike Vicky, I thought she looked fabulous in the purple dress she wore to dinner with Kelly. So, much better than her usual outfits exposing her cleavage practically down to her navel. More exposed does not necessarily equal sexier.

It's always so bizarre to see people like Kelly whose faces are full of botox cry. 

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I wish "The Soup" was still on....because two weeks in a row, Meghan has said something that would have earned a spot as "Meghan Edmonds, the unlikely voice of reason".  And how exactly did Shannon egg her on at that dinner, aside from the "Mentioning college is an odd remark to make"? Kelly at least recognized she went from 0-60 in a heartbeat.  Personally, I hate the c-word, but in a really heated argument between two people, I would not be clutching my pearls.  The reaction of the women (like Heather) came from how out of nowhere the word was dropped, particularly when the discussion revolved around how unfair it is to lob names and falsehoods on television where my daughters will hear of this.  

Do any of these women who say that actually believe it? There are very few housewives in the entire franchise who should not be mortified by some of the things they say and do -- and the trashy, vulgar, drunken behavior will embarrass the family far more than a false aspersion by other trashy, drunken, vulgar women.

How oh how oh how could Vicki and Kelly entertain even for a nanosecond that it would have been appropriate to invite them to this party?!?!?  It is impossible that denial and narcissism run that deep.  Nice job, Kelly, remembering NOT to tear down that 4th wall naming Vicki the guru of "....the OC".  Vicki can offer no guidance accept how to destroy relationships (and I don't just mean with men).  

I do wonder, though: Vicki VERY V-E-R-Y seldom ever "adopts" the new housewife so quickly.  Normally they have several fiery hoops to jump through before she will even deign to listen to them.  I wonder why Kelly is special (aside from the recent drama).

Looking at next week: Kelly, you expect HEATHER to apologize? For what? Reacting to the fact that you were out of control?

I'll be off in my quiet corner as I know I'm in a small minority, but thank you for letting me vent :-)

Because no one else (the other HWs) wanted to film with her before filming began, so Kelly was assigned to be Vicki's friend this season and that is also why we are seeing so much of Briana. LOL

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Agree, I thought it was all really nicely done. It was fun to see Jenni, Gage and Jeff. Does anyone know how Jeff and Shannon became friends? Did they go to college together? I think they both went to USC, but I believe Jeff is a few years younger than Shannon.

I presumed that Jeff had done some design work for them at some point, but that was based on the show saying Shannon was friends with Jeff and Jenni.  That she was friends with both made me think it was a work relationship one way or another (design or Bravo).

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Heather's reaction to the vow renewal: "They have come so far, and it's a beautiful thing to see."

And yet, during the season when Shannon was a total basket case and her marriage was falling apart (before even finding out about David's affair), both Heather and Terry were so nasty to both Shannon and David and treated them like crap to the point of Heather throwing Shannon out of her house and Terry's vile behavior towards David at one of the many dinners from hell. I'll never forget it although it seems Shannon did. But she can't or won't forgive Vicki. 

• Love 19

I don't have a problem with swearing in general - I love the word fuck and use it often.  But the C words, male and female, are different for me.  I don't think I've ever used them.  I actually thought "c***" was a slur only men used against women until the sister used it on Knocked Up.  I will admit my mouth dropped open and I was a little shocked.   It's just utterly crude and would never randomly come out of my mouth.  Even if I was a drunk rageaholic.  And then Meghan repeated it to her mom who didn't even blink!  My mom complains when I use "that word" (fuck).  

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Can someone please explain the moment in the preview for next week where Shannon stumbles/jogs towards the camera, kind of doubles over and then pulls down her shirt to expose her cleavage? Um, awk-waaaaard...

I think it was a joke.  She says something like - is this what you want to see?  I think she was mocking the slow-mo sexy jogging on the beach with jiggling breasts.  David was filming it. 

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I presumed that Jeff had done some design work for them at some point, but that was based on the show saying Shannon was friends with Jeff and Jenni.  That she was friends with both made me think it was a work relationship one way or another (design or Bravo).

According to the latest episode of Heather McDonald's podcast Jeff and Shannon met through Tamra.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Because no one else (the other HWs) wanted to film with her before filming began, so Kelly was assigned to be Vicki's friend this season and that is also why we are seeing so much of Briana. LOL

I agree but I also think Vicki recognizes a kindred spirit in Kelly. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, 100PercentPain said:

I know vow renewals are the kiss of death on these shows, but damnit if I wasn't cheering for David and Shannon somewhere deep in my icy, cynical heart. I am honestly rooting for them and hope that things really have improved between them. They didn't exactly go out of their way to hide what a miserable marriage they had before, so that does give me a little optimism. For better or for worse, Shannon puts it all on her sleeve and I totally teared up when she walked outside and realized what was happening. Good on you, David. 

I felt the same way. It was nice. The smiles felt genuine and not strained. I don't think any of them are good actors so it felt sincere to me. But...who knows.  I'll remain hopeful for them.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't have a problem with swearing in general - I love the word fuck and use it often.  But the C words, male and female, are different for me.  I don't think I've ever used them.  I actually thought "c***" was a slur only men used against women until the sister used it on Knocked Up.  I will admit my mouth dropped open and I was a little shocked.   It's just utterly crude and would never randomly come out of my mouth.  Even if I was a drunk rageaholic.  And then Meghan repeated it to her mom who didn't even blink!  My mom complains when I use "that word" (fuck).  

The thought of saying the c-word in front of my mother is absolutely horrifying. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, Heather did apologize to Shannon at that reunion and never repeated that sort of behavior again. Shannon and Heather grew close(r) last season, so it took a while for the friendship to develop and they also didn't have Vicki/Tamra planting stories in their ears either which helped them move past what happened Shannon's first season.

You have a good point. However,  Tamra is besties with both Shannon and Heather so she managed to fly under the radar once again with her shit stirring. It always amazes me how the two rich upper class bitches love Tamra so much. Would that really happen in real life? 

• Love 8

Got to give kuddos to production and David for pulling off the surprise birthday party and vow renewal.  Shannon 'did' seem totally surprised.  Seeing Jeff, Jeni and Gage was a nice added touch.

I also have to give a heads up to Meg for not sugar coating how she felt about Kelly's behavior when Kelly came to visit Meg.

Vicks and Kel...  Yeah you keep telling yourselves how great you are.  How's that working for you.  Apparently not so good because you're at a restaurant talking about how great you are while everyone else is at the big party.

My God Shannon, you are high maintenance.  You can skip 90% of all that for one night. 

Heather was throwing some shade at Terry in the limo. 

Hey, Jim's here and he's not scowling or being condescending to Meg.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for Vicki, even though Vicki apologized at the reunion last season, she retracted that apology before the reunion was over. LOL And, she has stuck to her story that she didn't lie to anyone about anything last season, that it was all Brooks lies she was repeating and that she has nothing to apologize for and this is why Shannon can't/won't be friends with Vicki again.

Despite what Shannon says, I think Shannon being unwilling to be friends with Vicki again has nothing to do with Brooks and the cancer lie.  I think she won't forgive Vicki for running her mouth about David's affair to the point that people she barely knows are putting it on blast at parties.  Its been pretty clear that this is what pisses David and Shannon off the most in a few confrontations, conversations, and talking heads that all seem to reference the 'on the cross' drama.

Last season, there was even a conversation where Heather/Tamra basically told Shannon that they had had heard rumors about the affair but that is not something you use as a weapon.  I think Shannon probably appreciated that.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

You have a good point. However,  Tamra is besties with both Shannon and Heather so she managed to fly under the radar once again with her shit stirring. It always amazes me how the two rich upper class bitches love Tamra so much. Would that really happen in real life? 

I don't think any of us understand how Tamra keeps getting away with it time after time. Maybe they all understand it is her main job to keep things stirred up on the show. Who knows! LOL

• Love 8

Finally figured out Megan's doppelganger: with her ginormous glasses on during the fun implant scene, she looks exactly like the sister  Carol Seaver on Growing Pains AFTER she became anorexic.  She even has the same weird speech pattern, like there is not enough saliva in her mouth...they even have the same snaggle tooth....weird

Edited by Christi
  • Love 8

I admit, I teared up during the cow renewal. It was so sweet, and came across as actual reality tv.

Shannon is so beautiful without makeup, a natural beauty. 

Kelly is the classic example of someone you meet and appears to be very beautiful, until you get to know her. Her personality turns her into a very ugly woman. 

• Love 15

As many have note, these vow renewals are, more often than not, just for the cameras and basically harbingers of the end. 

But I was legit crying up a storm. It all seemed very genuine and sweet, from Shannon's reactions to the guests'. 

Just one question though. What was the point of having the first row of chairs empty if no one sat in them? 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

As many have note, these vow renewals are, more often than not, just for the cameras and basically harbingers of the end. 

But I was legit crying up a storm. It all seemed very genuine and sweet, from Shannon's reactions to the guests'. 

Just one question though. What was the point of having the first row of chairs empty if no one sat in them? 

Most likely for the girls to sit. I doubt they showed the whole renewal so there may have been a portion where the kids sat down.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I think it was set up for the girls to sit if they wanted to but the girls decided they wanted to be up their with their parents.  It worked and good for them.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

So was S&D's vow renewal the event at which Heather was rude to a member of the serving staff leading to Jeff Lewis's remarks a few weeks back? And speaking of the vow renewal...

Watching David get Shanny primed and rarin' to go was exhausting. By the time she'd packed her hormones and nasal irrigation kit and distilled water and saline tablets and makeup and makeup remover and razor and organic feminine hygiene wash (developed by Dr. Moon) and organic colon cleanse (ditto) and whatever else a well-heeled OC HW needs for an overnight, I think David pressed his lips against the line producer's ear and said, "You better pay me big for making me endure this BS!"

I will not be impressed by Meghan's pregnancy until I see 3 Wise Men approaching from the East, an event that will make Tamballs extraordinarily excited.

Ryan comes home next week. Yay.

Great, that grimacing raging asshole can have another drunken go at another grandmother. Kelly might cut him and that might make me like her for one Planck length, and that is stretching it.

• Love 6