Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Do you think they at least get to eat as much as they want of the sundae by themselves before everyone else sticks a spoon in? Or is it just a free-for-all after the picture gets taken? I can't imagine JB not hogging most of it, sadly.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

He turned 15. 

There's a Justin?

He's a nice-looking kid.  But I think this is how all the Duggar boys look before eventually succumbing to the squishy-Wonder-bread physique and receding hairline of their early 20's.

If each of these boys had been allowed to flourish and pursue their own talents and interests, I dare say they'd all be adorable in their own unique ways.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

It's interesting to me how little alike they all look. With so many of them, you'd think that there would be at least a couple who would look a lot alike.

I think there’s a random one, Jason maybe, who looks identical to one of the twins, and Josiah. I can’t tell them apart. 

But otherwise I’m also surprised that so many of them have their own look!  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, awaken said:

I think there’s a random one, Jason maybe, who looks identical to one of the twins, and Josiah. I can’t tell them apart. 

But otherwise I’m also surprised that so many of them have their own look!  

But it seems there are only a few real "templates", and while most of them don't look notably similar to each other, they do have an overall family "look". Most of the boys I can't really tell from each other except for Josiah and Smuggar. Even the twins, who don't look a whole lot like each other do share enough features with  the rest if the family that they visually just blur together for me. The individual features throughout most of the boys may be finer or coarser, but they are not actually dissimilar. Of the girls, Jana has a specific look which is shared by, I think Jenni (?), and I think there is another one who resembles her a bit, but I'm not sure. Jill has the gummy smile which sets her aside, but otherwise her features are pretty Duggar-esque. Jinger has the most distinct features, I think. Jessa sort of looks as though she does, but other than having fuller lips, her other features aren't notably different . And Josie stands out for being so tiny and frail looking, but I don't see her actual features as being in a drastically different mold from the others either.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But it seems there are only a few real "templates", and while most of them don't look notably similar to each other, they do have an overall family "look". Most of the boys I can't really tell from each other except for Josiah and Smuggar. Even the twins, who don't look a whole lot like each other do share enough features with  the rest if the family that they visually just blur together for me. The individual features throughout most of the boys may be finer or coarser, but they are not actually dissimilar. Of the girls, Jana has a specific look which is shared by, I think Jenni (?), and I think there is another one who resembles her a bit, but I'm not sure. Jill has the gummy smile which sets her aside, but otherwise her features are pretty Duggar-esque. Jinger has the most distinct features, I think. Jessa sort of looks as though she does, but other than having fuller lips, her other features aren't notably different . And Josie stands out for being so tiny and frail looking, but I don't see her actual features as being in a drastically different mold from the others either.

I agree. Older pic, but they do kind of blend.

duggar-family-19-kids-and-counting-photo

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. Older pic, but they do kind of blend.

duggar-family-19-kids-and-counting-photo

Back when Derick looked sorta "normal" ... well, except for the death grip on Jilly Muffin ...

I do like the "pose" on Gray Dress Girl ... Jenni?

Who is the Plaid Shirt Guy on the far right?

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Back when Derick looked sorta "normal" ... well, except for the death grip on Jilly Muffin ...

I do like the "pose" on Gray Dress Girl ... Jenni?

Who is the Plaid Shirt Guy on the far right?

One of the twins? Who is missing besides Josh?

This photo is super-imposed' or photo shopped. I remember the promo photos for 'Jill andJessa.....Counting On", being that exact pose for the four of them. They all didn't pose for this photo. I don't like when they do things like this. It's misleading. The Duggars post on their facebook photos of their wonderful activities like it was just yesterday even though some are reported to be months ago. Not a fan of that either.

I don't see Joe in this photo either.

• Love 1

It looks like the whole focus of the photo is Jill's enormous belly, with Jessa's slightly protruding belly getting second billing. Everyone else is jammed together on either side flanking the all-important breeders.

• Love 5

And Mechelle isn't two inches shorter than Boob. That's the biggest giveaway that this is a chop job. I can't believe they couldn't find a pic of Joe to slap into the group. 

It's almost 3 years since that pic was taken. Has Jackson changed at all?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

So who does everyone think will be next to court? They’ve got five of courting age, right? Jana, JD, Josiah, and the twins? People don’t seem as interested in the boys’ courtships so if they want to keep up ratings they’re going to have to find Jana a suitor. The next girl behind her is Johannah, and she’s only 13, right?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

So who does everyone think will be next to court? They’ve got five of courting age, right? Jana, JD, Josiah, and the twins? People don’t seem as interested in the boys’ courtships so if they want to keep up ratings they’re going to have to find Jana a suitor. The next girl behind her is Johannah, and she’s only 13, right?

Yes, Johannah is about 12. There is a lonely J thread is devoted to singles which are as you said the two sets of twins and Josiah. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

People don’t seem as interested in the boys’ courtships so if they want to keep up ratings they’re going to have to find Jana a suitor.

There's a lot of speculation about why Jana is still single: is she really, really picky, does she love being single, did she ever fall in love with someone unsuitable or unavailable? But I've always thought that Jana has no real choice in the matter. Jim Bob and Michelle have kept her away from courting/marrying because she's too valuable as a stay-at-home-daughter, freeing them from a lot of the responsibilities of running their household. I also think Jana is one of the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers in the family and is completely under Daddy's thumb. Jim Bob must know how much the fans would love to see a Jana courtship/wedding and he's keeping it as his ace in the hole, to be pulled out only when he really needs it to keep the TV show going. When the day comes that Jim Bob decides that it's in HIS best interests for Jana to get married, an eligible suitor will magically appear and God will lay it on Jana's heart to fall instantly in looove. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Jim Bob must know how much the fans would love to see a Jana courtship/wedding and he's keeping it as his ace in the hole, to be pulled out only when he really needs it to keep the TV show going. When the day comes that Jim Bob decides that it's in HIS best interests for Jana to get married, an eligible suitor will magically appear and God will lay it on Jana's heart to fall instantly in looove. 

This! You know damn well a suitor will magically appear at this auspicious time, and it will be touted as an act of Divine Providence, rather than a scripted production stunt. There is a possibility Jana willl end up with Fundy barrel bottom scrapings after all, following this logic.  And you know KJB, Stevehovah, and Pa Botkin enjoy the ego feeding and servitude that comes with those stay at home daughters. None of these girls are so unfortunate looking that they couldn’t find themselves a man  who would be interested in them. Maybe they have, but no one is good enough for Daddy, or they’re all creepy or coming up too short.

This pisses me off, as I’ve personally borne witness to God coming through for me or a loved one at the 11th hour to bring a job offer, a financial gift (no grifting and no strings attached) healing, or something else desperately needed before things got dire, or a warning that something may not be a wise choice.  Even those who don’t subscribe to my personal belief, some of them likely believe that there is no such thing as a coinkydink , or there’s  a guardian angel watching over them, etc. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That was Johannah. This was from their 2007 pictures. Interesting that only JB had a bible and not at least the older members of the family as well.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yeah that's not Josie. It's probably 2007 or 2006. I think that's Josh sitting at the end of the table near all his sisters and holding hands Jessa or Jill?

15 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yeah that's not Josie. It's probably 2007 or 2006. I think that's Josh sitting at the end of the table near all his sisters and holding hands Jessa or Jill?

Isn't Josh holding hands wit Michelle.  It looks like Michelle to me. Oh wait I think I mistook Josh for Jim Bob.  Josh is at the other end of the table.

Edited by flyingdi
I apparently can't see!
On 11/19/2017 at 1:38 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

This! You know damn well a suitor will magically appear at this auspicious time, and it will be touted as an act of Divine Providence, rather than a scripted production stunt. There is a possibility Jana willl end up with Fundy barrel bottom scrapings after all, following this logic.  And you know KJB, Stevehovah, and Pa Botkin enjoy the ego feeding and servitude that comes with those stay at home daughters. None of these girls are so unfortunate looking that they couldn’t find themselves a man  who would be interested in them. Maybe they have, but no one is good enough for Daddy, or they’re all creepy or coming up too short.

This pisses me off, as I’ve personally borne witness to God coming through for me or a loved one at the 11th hour to bring a job offer, a financial gift (no grifting and no strings attached) healing, or something else desperately needed before things got dire, or a warning that something may not be a wise choice.  Even those who don’t subscribe to my personal belief, some of them likely believe that there is no such thing as a coinkydink , or there’s  a guardian angel watching over them, etc. 

Ah but you don't have the same relationship with God that Jim Bob has.  I will predict the conversation.

Jim Bob-"God, you know I hate to be critical, but you are shirking your duties in not finding the perfect prince for my Banana. "

God-"Excuse me?"

JB-"God, we've talked about that."

God-"You're right.  I'm sorry, Mr Duggar.  I do not know what you mean."

JB-"My girl is gonna be 30 soon and her Prince Charming had not yet arrived yet.  What do you intend to to do about it?"

God-"I am sorry about that, Mr Duggar!  I'll get on it right away!  Mr Duggar, sir!"

JB-"Thanks!  And by the way Michelle says to make sure the Prince likes other people's kids!"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Scroll over to the second photo and see Jackson, still playing with the Lost Girls.  And the grandkids!

That's weird that she posted this as a regular IG post. I guess she can't get the love she seems to crave by just posting it as a "story" (which is how I saw it yesterday). Go figure with Jes. 

• Love 2

So gross with all that hair flying around, and now Spurgie is included in that category. You could not pay me to take a bite out of one of those cookies, even after undergoing 350 degree heat. I'm sure frosting, with lots of licking, is next.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, drafan said:

So gross with all that hair flying around, and now Spurgie is included in that category. You could not pay me to take a bite out of one of those cookies, even after undergoing 350 degree heat. I'm sure frosting, with lots of licking, is next.

Gross, I’m trying to enjoy my coffee.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jackson never seems to grow.  How old is he now?

Not sure how old he is, but he's certainly old enough to be segregated from the girls and put to work alongside his older brothers. Not that I would wish THAT on anyone, but it seems odd.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jackson never seems to grow.  How old is he now?

I think he is 13, but Johannah (age 12) is taller than him, and he doesn't look that much taller than Tyler, who is either 8 or 9.

Edited by madpsych78
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Eww gross. You know none of those kids washed their hands before plunging them into the cookie dough. There's probably more germs and stray hairs in those cookies than there is butter and sugar. 

Ewwwwwww.  That is way too gross to even imagine.  I guess they found something else for Josie to do while they made cookies.

• Love 2
On 11/29/2017 at 10:31 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ewwwwwww.  That is way too gross to even imagine.  I guess they found something else for Josie to do while they made cookies.

Omg, I might have actually puked in my mouth a little bit right now, lol. 

I just remember being a kid, and when it was time to bake cookies or I got to help cook anything, the first words I heard were "get over here so I can pull your hair back and then we'll wash your hands."

• Love 6
On 11/29/2017 at 3:26 PM, BitterApple said:

Eww gross. You know none of those kids washed their hands before plunging them into the cookie dough. There's probably more germs and stray hairs in those cookies than there is butter and sugar. 

Probably true. I used to make cookie-cutter cookies every year with five little girls (there may or may not still be some of that red decorating sugar stuck to the southwest corner of my ceiling) but I was very clear about this: Five ponytails, five sets of hands washed, and everyone please wear your least favorite clothes. Those things only take a couple of minutes, really. We always had a good time. (I did not even have to tell them not to lick the counters, though! So nasty. Weird and nasty.)

• Love 9
On 11/29/2017 at 3:26 PM, BitterApple said:

Germs will get cooked out, no big deal. But a footlong hair baked into a cookie is a tad more gag-inducing...All I can picture is those  moments when you do somehow get a hair halfway down your gullet before feeling it, and end up having to fish for it on the back of your tongue and drag it out...

• Love 6