Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Mary Duggar quietly moved out of her son's house and moved in with Deanna when she and Terry separated. Not sure where Grandma Duggar is right now, as they NEVER said anything about that. I bet if she's in her own place, she's putting her feet up in front of the TV, NOT doing laundry and enjoying General Hospital at 3pm... She's a 76 year old woman and it's a darned shame that Michelle has used her to wash her dirty panties all those years.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/10/2017 at 8:11 PM, RedheadZombie said:

It really makes me wonder what would have happened had Jubilee lived.   I think Josie would have been shunted to the side as quickly as Jordyn was.  And while that would have been traumatic (as it was to the rest treated this way), it would have allowed Jana more control, and not created the ongoing miracle child phenomena. It would be more - yeah it was tough, isn't Jubilee precious??

I think Michelle's attachment to Josie has less to do with her near death, and more to do with her last baby.   

I do find it interesting that Michelle did her best (and succeeded) at breaking Jana's spirit, but seems to actually like Jessa.  It leads me to believe that Michelle sees her vain, mean girl self in Jessa.  She loves Josh because he was first, Josie because she's last, and Jessa because .......  

*** I am in no way implying a spirited and independent child is difficult to love. I just don't see hating that type so much you break Jana, but allow it in Jessa.  Then continue on attempting to break Joy and Hannie. 

I love this post!!! I've never thought for one minute that cheerleader Michelle was the sweetest girl around. I could see her being a mean girl, and then "finding the lord" and becoming insufferable. She would totally be the type to wax on and on about how horrible she was before for wearing mini skirts, but not apologize to people she treated badly. Then she met JB, who worshipped her like she expected to be worshipped. Just like Jessa and bin. Unfortunately, Jessa didn't land a worshipper who was also a go-getter. 

The only hole in this theory is her lifelong friend Cindy seems like a nice person, but maybe she was a mean teenager and regrets it now. Plenty of people grow up! Also, she maybe even disapproved of Michelle's mean ways. They have been friends since first or second grade, so she might not have turned her back when Michelle went through a bad phase. One thing is certain though...Cindy seems nice, and also connects with Michelle's kids in a real way. Michelle seems fake, and connects with her kids in a fake way. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Michelle admitted to being the type of girl in high school that wanted the BEST outfits and was jealous when another girl 'looked better than she did' that day in school. I remember her recounting this. 

That's kind of eerie, because I thought I remembered someone reporting that Jessa said she used to be miserable whenever she thought her little church friends were cuter, or looked better, or had cuter things.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

Michelle admitted to being the type of girl in high school that wanted the BEST outfits and was jealous when another girl 'looked better than she did' that day in school. I remember her recounting this. She also admitted that she wasn't the nicest girl in the class to the others, either. Classic spoiled, change of life baby. That's what Michelle was. Her parents didn't expect her to come along. She also went against her father's wishes in marrying Jim Bob. Mr. Ruark, initially did NOT give permission. Michelle nagged and nagged her mother, who I believe was just too old to care, convinced her husband to finally give the 'ok' ....Jim Bob also did NOT resect his future FIL's wishes by going ahead and marrying Michelle in the first place. He has some nerve requiring such respect from his daughters' suitors, who he seems to be finding FOR them (except Jeremy)....So, what we have here, is a set of spoiled teenagers, JB & Michelle, who did exactly what they liked their whole lives and are continuing to do so. They have trained their children to be servants to THEM. Pretty calculating if you ask me.

I agree with you entire post - spot on. With the exception of calculating, I just don't think JB & M have the brain cells to create such a scheme. I think they're followers that fell into a belief system that allowed JB to be the 'tall, dark, handsome man' and Michelle to be worshiped. Something they both lacked.

• Love 5
On 7/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, queenanne said:

That's kind of eerie, because I thought I remembered someone reporting that Jessa said she used to be miserable whenever she thought her little church friends were cuter, or looked better, or had cuter things.

Didn't Jill also have some story about how Jessa's church outfit was way cuter than hers, so Jill spent lots of time trying to find something better and was almost late to church? I think Jill's story came from a place of insecurity, though, while Jessa's came from a place of pride. My sister was gorgeous growing up, so I can relate to Jill 100% there. I would jump through hoops to measure up, but she always looked better than me...until we hit our mid-twenties.  

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

My sister was gorgeous growing up, so I can relate to Jill 100% there. I would jump through hoops to measure up, but she always looked better than me...until we hit our mid-twenties.  

You tend to see that a lot with sister/best friend pairings. One is the "pretty one" during childhood, while the other is the "plain Jane" and then things reverse in the early 20s. The pretty one hits the wall, and the average one blossoms. It's happening with Jessa and Jinger, and my sister and her best friend were the same way as well. 

• Love 4
On 7/27/2017 at 11:24 AM, flyingdi said:

Michelle didn't "break" Jana because she was spirited.  She "broke" Jana because, at least for about 2 years,  Jana was Daddy's Little Girl.

That's twisted in SO many ways.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, queenanne said:

That was something the ghostwriter wrote in the "girls'" book. I think he probably took every story the whole family could come up with (so, no surprise a disguised Meeechelle story could be in there attributed to one of the girls). Then he added some stories from Gothard people generally and the Gothard enterprise  that David Waller brought in (He was also listed as a ghost, but only so he could cult-check that the Gothard perspective was right; he wouldn't be needed for the writing, since the other ghost was a long-time pro.). And then they made up whatever they were missing to make the whole thing a treatise that backed up all of Gothard's principles with supposed "stories" "about the girls." So some of the stories happened to the girls and, I'm quite sure, some didn't. They weren't the point of the book. The cult teachings were.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

Happy Birthday Jenny!

I  read it is also Callie Bates 8th birthday.  I'm sure her birthday message from Gil & Kelly will be much different than JB & M's to Jenny as Gil & Kelly seem to actually know each of their children. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I really had to think about who the hell Jennifer is.

Was the the first girl after a slew of boys? Michelle bought leopard print accessories for her at some dive used clothing store? 

Johannah, Jennifer, jordyn grace and then Josie. Jennifer was very much devoted to Jill her sister mom. "Dill, DILL, DILL she would scream when she was upset."

• Love 2

A generic, thoughtless message, as usual.  Doesn't Michelle even know one single thing to describe Jenni's likes, dislikes, hobbies, favorite activity?  She's sweet.  Big deal!  And where is her Servant's Heart?

• Love 4

Nope she does not, because she is a selfish asshole just like her selfish asshole husband.  They collect things, those things are kids, they are truly disgusting. My daughter is ten, just today I reconnected with a relative and she asked me to describe my daughter. The adjectives just blurted out like projectile vomiting (sorry about the visual), there is SO MUCH to say about children, even newborns . One does have to pay attention to them to know their likes and dislikes. My relative was almost in tears after I described my daughter, and yes we are damn lucky to have her. No we do not waste time with platitudes about what goddess has planned for her future.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I also couldn't recall which one Jennifer is. I ended up looking it up, and I was confusing her with Jordyn. @Marigold maybe you're thinking of Johannah?

Oh dear. 

I've turned into Michelle! 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Aja said:

I see nothing about what a selfless helper she is, or how much she enjoys cooking and sewing. Disappointing.

And carrying babies on her hip.  Because that's so fun for a child.

• Love 13

Those girls were barely able to carry a child as they were still children themselves. I hope Michelle has her own back issues as pay back to her daughters' potential back problems from carrying 'all to heavy toddlers" on their young hips. That photo posted on their website with the "birthday girl" holding Israel is a perfect example. That kid could hardly hold him. Child endangerment if you ask me.

Michelle is the laziest woman I have encountered.

• Love 13
On 7/10/2017 at 8:11 PM, RedheadZombie said:

It really makes me wonder what would have happened had Jubilee lived.  

There would've been Jezebel and Jayla and Jacob and Joel and Jonah and J'etc......

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Those girls were barely able to carry a child as they were still children themselves. I hope Michelle has her own back issues as pay back to her daughters' potential back problems from carrying 'all to heavy toddlers" on their young hips. That photo posted on their website with the "birthday girl" holding Israel is a perfect example. That kid could hardly hold him. Child endangerment if you ask me.

Michelle is the laziest woman I have encountered.

It's a good thing none of her girls inherited that missing back muscle condition. 

• Love 15
On 8/2/2017 at 9:48 AM, louannems said:

I noticed Jennifer is smiling in most of those photos.  They left out all the dozens of photos of poor Jennifer looking absolutely miserable and depressed.

I wish her a Happy Birthday.

Is it just me or are most of her smiles as forced as hell, (poor kid)? 

On 8/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Where the fuck is her drippy sundae?

My theory is that the restaurant stopped offering the promotion a while back, as they realized that a new generation of Duggars would soon mean that Duggars would be showing up daily for sundaes and they figured they'd already spent enough of their promotion bucks on this one mob headed by utter cheapskates (and because I figure JB stole a self-serve soda every time, too, most likely). 

• Love 15
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And poor Amy continues to fade away ...

Thank goodness for some sense of sanity in the Duggar world. Being famous because you're an untalented relative of the Duggars is worse than being famous for being famous.

• Love 11
On 8/5/2017 at 10:40 AM, Churchhoney said:

My theory is that the restaurant stopped offering the promotion a while back, as they realized that a new generation of Duggars would soon mean that Duggars would be showing up daily for sundaes and they figured they'd already spent enough of their promotion bucks on this one mob headed by utter cheapskates (and because I figure JB stole a self-serve soda every time, too, most likely). 

They probably changed the promotion to "free drippy sundae with purchase of entree" and that was enough to send their cheap asses running for the hills. 

I wonder if poor Jenni got anything. Even the starving Rodrigui girl got a visit to the "nice Olive Garden" for her birthday.  

• Love 16

When my mother inlaw talks of going to the "nice" whatever restaurant or store, I immediately know she really means the place with the most white people.  Sad but true.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 4
On 8/5/2017 at 8:00 AM, GeeGolly said:

And poor Amy continues to fade away ...

I noticed that Jessica Seewald (Bin's rebel sister) liked a bunch of Amy's recent instagram photos, but it seems the Duggar girls never like Amy's pics. (If Jill, Jinger or Jessa had liked Amy's pics, their names would be bolded on my instagram feed because I follow them). And it looks like Amy never likes Jill, Jessa, Jinger or Jeremy's pics either. Kinda sad.  (On a different topic - I wonder if Jeremy feels extra-special because he, too, has a "J" name.)

For a short time, after Josh-gate, didn't they show that Anna and Amy were spending time together?  I wonder if they have any relationship at all now.  From what I've seen, Amy would irritate the crap out of me!

• Love 3