Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I liked James when he was a chaperone for Jerick.  Loved him trying to learn about the different foods Derick brought on Jill's birthday hike.  

James is another one who might not act like a fool if he could be separated from the herd and encouraged a little bit. James and Jenni can come live with me. I used to say Josiah, but he's obnoxious now, too.

• Love 4
(edited)

Random topic change...I saw someone on Pickles and Hairspray mention something about an old, possibly still-current feud between Jed and Joe.  Any merit to this?  Are the Duggar siblings even allowed to disagree with one another?  Just curious.  Or nosy.  Or both.

Edited by laurakaye
(edited)

There was a tabloid rumor that Jed had courted Kendra before Joe. There is no evidence of this happening or denial from the Duggars that it hadn't. Maybe the story wasn't big enough to reach the Duggarverse for them to confirm or deny. 

If anything, Kendra and Jed might have been in the getting to know you stage,  realized they were incompatible, and ended it, hence, no courtship announcement.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Silly spellcheck
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She looks closer to 4 years rather than 7, but its a cute pic of Josie.

19702468_1280730895359050_19863405646334

She looks a lot like Josiah and Joy there. Josiah with the lighter hair, Joy with the face.

She also reminds me of when my nieces were four, and about that size, and you'd dress them normally in the morning, then they'd come down the stairs with some party dress and rainboots or some other goofy get up over top of their clothes. Josie with the tee and dress were probably on purpose for modesty, though.

• Love 9

I think Josie appears more like a 4 year old because that's what happens when you're repressed. She's treated like a baby, carried around by adults most of the time, and isn't given any mentally challenging tasks or assignments to help her develop. It's sad that Jana, on one end of the spectrum, was pushed ahead of her years and there's Josie, at the other end of the spectrum, repressed to remain behind in her years. Not fair to either of these girls.

• Love 18

Josie's tiny waifness makes me think of the one tiny girl-twin in Flowers in the Attic. Who was tiny and underdeveloped because she was deprived of food and sunlight by her evil mother.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Josie's tiny waifness makes me think of the one tiny girl-twin in Flowers in the Attic. Who was tiny and underdeveloped because she was deprived of food and sunlight by her evil mother.

Yeah she really does have a delicate fragile appearance  about herself. I read the flowers in the attic series,  so I can see the comparison quite well. 

Being that she's The Pwecious Miwacle Snowflake,  it's really sad that she still looks like she's been deprived of food and sunlight by her evil mother. Makes you sad for the rest of the kids and I marvel that they all survived despite such shitty parenting.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She looks closer to 4 years rather than 7, but its a cute pic of Josie.

19702468_1280730895359050_19863405646334

Absolutely the best Josie has looked since she was a baby. Hair style is cute, she looks clean and dressed nicely, (for a Duggar) and she looks healthy. 

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I think that's the first cute picture I've ever seen of Josie. 

I think it's because she's just being a kid, not performing wildly for a camera. 

32 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Absolutely the best Josie has looked since she was a baby. Hair style is cute, she looks clean and dressed nicely, (for a Duggar) and she looks healthy. 

Jana probably wrenched her from Michelle's grip that day. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

But that poufy, polyester long dress and sparks!  I do hope her dress didn't ignite.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

What did James do at 15/16?

Well, he ultimately lost his virginity. !!!.... But he did turn down a prostitute that his stupid clueless uncle (I think) offered as (I think) a birthday present.  ;  ) So he wasn't utterly depraved. .... Other than those two things, he had the normal life of a normal high schooler, who tries things that aren't necessarily always well advised and encounters the kinds of things that are in the world. .... All the stuff that the Duggars are desperate to keep their homeschooled brood away from, and whose lack has made said homeschooled brood the stunted, ignorant bunch of first-we-look-11-and-then-we-look-45, unemployable, closed-minded failing-to-launch band of ministering missionaries that we now see.  (not that any life is proof against kids having problems as adults; but there's an eerie consistency in the Duggars' particular problems, I think.) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

said homeschooled brood [is] the stunted, ignorant bunch of first-we-look-11-and-then-we-look-45, unemployable, closed-minded failing-to-launch band of ministering missionaries that we now see.  (not that any life is proof against kids having problems as adults; but there's an eerie consistency in the Duggars' particular problems, I think.) 

^^^I wish I could like this more than once.

That is all.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if JB or Michelle ever saw that show? They are close to my age.

They might have been a little young for the content. I was about 12, and it was borderline for me. I'm a couple years older than Boobchelle.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

NOT the Duggar James. Another James at 15/16.

That does make me wonder, if someone from TLC took JB aside and told him if he wanted to keep the show, one of the kids had to rebel, which one would he choose to push out of the nest.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, kalamac said:

That does make me wonder, if someone from TLC took JB aside and told him if he wanted to keep the show, one of the kids had to rebel, which one would he choose to push out of the nest.

Uhm, Josh.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kalamac said:

I think that after a good deal of consideration, he might probably have no choice but to sacrifice the show. As long as their wagons remain tightly circled, there will always be at least some contingent of leghumpers who would follow them regardless of whether there was a physical show, but by agreeing to a rebellion story arc, there would be much more chance of way more dirty laundry and skeletons in the closets coming to light, which could potentially leave him with no supporters whatsoever.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, louannems said:

But that poufy, polyester long dress and sparks!  I do hope her dress didn't ignite.

Also those sparklers are very close to her feet & she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  I'm glad she didn't try to lick them.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think that after a good deal of consideration, he might probably have no choice but to sacrifice the show. As long as their wagons remain tightly circled, there will always be at least some contingent of leghumpers who would follow them regardless of whether there was a physical show, but by agreeing to a rebellion story arc, there would be much more chance of way more dirty laundry and skeletons in the closets coming to light, which could potentially leave him with no supporters whatsoever.

I'm sure he'd cancel the show because he'd see potential for sympathy popularity, suing a whole lot of people and bemoaning the evils of the media.

Edited by Obsidian
Trying to make more sense
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

I'm sure he'd cancel the show because he'd see potential for sympathy popularity, suing a whole lot of people and bemoaning the evils of the media.

So do I. There were a lot of things he could have said to save 19 Kids and Counting in the interview. Apologize, admitting how hard it was, regrets, etc. Instead he made sure Jessa and Jill said it was nothing and they didn't know anything about it and praising their parents for how they handle it and did everything right. While blaming the evil media and others out to get them. No, JB couldn't and wouldn't admit he may have been wrong in handling that even if he was lying and even if it was to save the show.

• Love 7

I hate that Josie is coddled so much that it is retarding her development, but as far as her physical appearance, to me, she has an ethereal quality. I think it's the light hair and fragile features. I can picture her with fairy wings. It doesn't work as well when she is dishevelled, or when her mother posts horrible videos such as Josies favourite bible passage that Josie doesn't even recite (why would she when her mother does it for her). <that's why I think the issue isn't Josie learning disabilities, but rather her mother has very low expectations, possibly to keep her 'baby' as a baby and I think Josie is conditioned by the family (especially Mechelle), to stay a baby-ish lost girl. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I hate that Josie is coddled so much that it is retarding her development, but as far as her physical appearance, to me, she has an ethereal quality. I think it's the light hair and fragile features. I can picture her with fairy wings. It doesn't work as well when she is dishevelled, or when her mother posts horrible videos such as Josies favourite bible passage that Josie doesn't even recite (why would she when her mother does it for her). <that's why I think the issue isn't Josie learning disabilities, but rather her mother has very low expectations, possibly to keep her 'baby' as a baby and I think Josie is conditioned by the family (especially Mechelle), to stay a baby-ish lost girl. 

It really makes me wonder what would have happened had Jubilee lived.   I think Josie would have been shunted to the side as quickly as Jordyn was.  And while that would have been traumatic (as it was to the rest treated this way), it would have allowed Jana more control, and not created the ongoing miracle child phenomena. It would be more - yeah it was tough, isn't Jubilee precious??

I think Michelle's attachment to Josie has less to do with her near death, and more to do with her last baby.   

I do find it interesting that Michelle did her best (and succeeded) at breaking Jana's spirit, but seems to actually like Jessa.  It leads me to believe that Michelle sees her vain, mean girl self in Jessa.  She loves Josh because he was first, Josie because she's last, and Jessa because .......  

*** I am in no way implying a spirited and independent child is difficult to love. I just don't see hating that type so much you break Jana, but allow it in Jessa.  Then continue on attempting to break Joy and Hannie. 

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It really makes me wonder what would have happened had Jubilee lived.   I think Josie would have been shunted to the side as quickly as Jordyn was.  And while that would have been traumatic (as it was to the rest treated this way), it would have allowed Jana more control, and not created the ongoing miracle child phenomena. It would be more - yeah it was tough, isn't Jubilee precious??

I think Michelle's attachment to Josie has less to do with her near death, and more to do with her last baby.   

I do find it interesting that Michelle did her best (and succeeded) at breaking Jana's spirit, but seems to actually like Jessa.  It leads me to believe that Michelle sees her vain, mean girl self in Jessa.  She loves Josh because he was first, Josie because she's last, and Jessa because .......  

*** I am in no way implying a spirited and independent child is difficult to love. I just don't see hating that type so much you break Jana, but allow it in Jessa.  Then continue on attempting to break Joy and Hannie. 

As the eldest daughter Michelle needed  Jana to run the household. Jana wasn't the kool-aid drinker Jill was so they had to break her spirit, while Jessa had responsibilities they didn't need her to be obdient the way they needed Jana.

• Love 6
On 11/07/2017 at 2:42 AM, sometimesy said:

Is it the coddling that's retarding?

• Love 2
On 7/10/2017 at 8:15 PM, BitterApple said:

It's no coincidence that the only kids Michelle seems to truly like (Josh, Jessa and Josie) are also the family's biggest spoiled assholes. 

I also think it is no coincidence that those three look the most like her. JD may be a bachelor 'til the rapture, but Michelle is a narcissist 'til the apocalypse.

• Love 24
(edited)
10 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Is it the coddling that's retarding?

I believe Michelle is reinforcing toddler behaviour by rewarding Josie with extra attention for being a baby. Eg when Michelle simply recited the supposed favourite bible verse, instead of having any expectation that Josie would be able to recite it herself. I would have turned the camera off and said, whoops not ready just yet, let's have more practice, but Michelle seemed to celebrate the bar set so low. Also, Josie being carried around by Jeremy seemed a little odd. Just my opinion of course. I'm all for Michelle interacting with her children, give them plenty of attention, but it could be used to help them grow, not stagnate them. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 15
56 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Looks like they got into Beyoncé's birth announcement.

That woman is so narcissistic she makes Kim Kardashian look like Mother Theresa.

I think the picture of Jordyn and Mack is really cute. I'm happy Jordyn has a friend other than spoiled brat Josie. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I like the pic. It looks like two little girls actually playing and being silly, instead of having their personalities shamed out of them.

Yes, because anything that smacks of individuality is sinful?  

That, I think, was the main reason I hated going to church as a child.  Besides the fact that it was boring as hell (!) I really hated to think that I was a bad person, when I had behaved like a normal kid, and hadn't done anything awful.  I must have had more self-esteem than I thought at that age.

How many children do the self-fulfilling prophecy thing, and do bad things, because they're told they're sinners from the minute they're born?  I have to wonder.

• Love 5