Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Well, she's been massively rejected her entire life, or forced to share milestones with Pwecious Miwacle Josie.  Going to the thrift store with the old lady must have been very confusing for her. 

I noticed that SisterMom Jessa was nowhere to be seen in the pan around. It's not like Jessa has a lot of other shit to do; show up to your sister-daughter's one and only birthday party that didn't include Pwecious Miwacle. It's not like Benessa have pressing business engagements. It was dinnertime, so even Ben would have been home from clearing Boob's back 40. Plus, it's winter break. Where were they?

• Love 19

That poor child!  She looks so sad.  My 9 year old granddaughter is thrilled at her own birthday party.  Something is definitely not right here.  At the very end, when JBoob pulled her close, she seemed drugged.  I'm not saying that she is, just that she was so out of it.  I feel terrified for her and I'm not sure why.  I do think that her "parents" only put this together as an FU Internetz to show that they do more than free sundaes.  It's just sad.  

• Love 22

Her parents are millionaires, yet she had to get her birthday dress at the used clothing store.  Then, Michelle tried to get Jordyn to believe that "the lord" put that dress there for her and that it was his idea.  I'll bet that Michelle didn't even wash that dress before she wore it.  Maybe "the lord" should have provided the dress a few days before her birthday party instead of a few hours before.

There were several siblings missing from the party (Josh, Jana, John-David, Jinger, Jessa, Josiah, Joseph, Joy, and I don't know who else but I didn't see Josie either). I guess they just have too many siblings to count or to care.

Jordyn just about fell off her chair trying to get away from Michelle.  Great example of mother/daughter relationship.

0 0 1 a a a.png

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Her parents are millionaires, yet she had to get her birthday dress at the used clothing store.  Then, Michelle tried to get Jordyn to believe that "the lord" put that dress there for her and that it was his idea.  I'll bet that Michelle didn't even wash that dress before she wore it.  Maybe "the lord" should have provided the dress a few days before her birthday party instead of a few hours before.

There were several siblings missing from the party (Josh, Jana, John-David, Jinger, Jessa, Jill, Josiah, Joseph, Joy, and I don't know who else but I didn't see Josie either). I guess they just have too many siblings to count or to care.

Jordyn just about fell off her chair trying to get away from Michelle.  Great example of mother/daughter relationship.

0 0 1 a a a.png

She not only actively avoided her mother's touch she leaned into her father a couple of time as if to say,  "Daddy, make her stop!". At least that's how it looked to me.

Jordyn really seems to have no idea what's going on!

And Daddy a couple of times looked like, Oh my God, Michelle, stop talking!

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There were several siblings missing from the party (Josh, Jana, John-David, Jinger, Jessa, Jill, Josiah, Joseph, Joy, and I don't know who else but I didn't see Josie either). I guess they just have too many siblings to count or to care.

0 0 1 a a a.png

Perfect screen shot. The poor child looked scared of her own mother.

The way she was being held it reminds me of just about every picture of Josie with someone always holding her arms.

• Love 9

Oh, my. There is something 'wrong' there with poor little sweet Jordyn. Her eyes look dead, she stares out in to nothing. She makes no real eye contact. She shows NO emotion, only sadness.  Not the way it should be for her. It's her birthday, for heaven's sake and she's 9. She should be enjoying it as any 9 year old girl would. I agree that they should have bought her a NEW birthday dress for once.  Someone here who knows a child psychologist, therapist, or childrens' services professional, please ask them to view this video, hopefully they would not know much about this family and ask them what their opinions are about Jordyn. (Sorry for the long run off sentence there.)

The kid definitely doesn't bond to or even like Michelle much.....

So Jordyn's shopping trip was a spur of the moment, let's go to the thrift store and find some junk, er ...I mean modestly priced thing for your birthday....they also were out helping someone ELSE out.

This so called shopping trip was an afterthought.

Something isn't right with Jordyn, poor kid.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Watch the video with the sound off and just watch Jordyn. Omg.

That's how I watched it this morning, sound off.  I immediately noticed that Jordyn was not happy - and she probably innately knows that she should be, but she is too young to fake it.  JB gripping her the entire time, constantly nudging her, was disturbing.  Jordyn's complete lack of facial expressions while Michelle was blathering, not to mention her recoil at Michelle's touch, was really disturbing.  I can't help but wonder if Jordyn was told by her "parents" that they'd be filming this for public consumption and that it was important for her to act happy, but Jordyn just couldn't do it...so JB kept nudging her to get a reaction, while Michelle was just as clueless as ever.  I'd love to hear a more professional opinion, but it sure seems like we're looking at a little girl who has no connection to her mother.  And that is just freaking sad, MICHELLE.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Perfect screen shot. The poor child looked scared of her own mother.

Right after that, Jordyn puts her left hand behind her back so Michelle couldn't reach it!

17 minutes ago, McManda said:

That said, I always find it interesting that most of the kids seem to prefer or seem to be closer to JB.

That's probably because Michelle was the one who did the blanket training and used the rod.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Right after that, Jordyn puts her left hand behind her back so Michelle couldn't reach it!

That's probably because Michelle was the one who did the blanket training and used the rod.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Her parents are millionaires, yet she had to get her birthday dress at the used clothing store.  Then, Michelle tried to get Jordyn to believe that "the lord" put that dress there for her and that it was his idea. 

What's it say about their "lord" when his hand guides them to a thrift store instead of Neiman Marcus? Related: unless the "lord" has some walking-around-cash or a valid debit card, he didn't "provide" shit that could pay for that dress. 

I like how Jim Bob is propping the child up like she's some sort of gross, inanimate object.

8 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I like how Jim Bob is propping the child up like she's some sort of gross, inanimate object.

Jim Bob looks like a ventriloquist holding a dummy.  He often looks the same way with Michelle, too.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Jim Bob looks like a ventriloquist holding a dummy.  He often looks the same way with Michelle, too.

Well, she does rather resemble one with her big-eyed "adoring my headship" gaze...It probably comes kind of second-nature.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, she's been massively rejected her entire life, or forced to share milestones with Pwecious Miwacle Josie.  Going to the thrift store with the old lady must have been very confusing for her. 

I noticed that SisterMom Jessa was nowhere to be seen in the pan around. It's not like Jessa has a lot of other shit to do; show up to your sister-daughter's one and only birthday party that didn't include Pwecious Miwacle. It's not like Benessa have pressing business engagements. It was dinnertime, so even Ben would have been home from clearing Boob's back 40. Plus, it's winter break. Where were they?

Jordyn was on Jessa's buddy team since the day she was born.

0 00 1 Joy pregnant.jpg

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

Jessa wasn’t ready for her close-up in that picture above. Oh how times have changed. 

That's Jesssa's real hair, before she got the hair extensions.  She was 16.

• Love 2

I just went to their Facebook page where they posted the video. As of now there are over 600 comments on that post. I did not read them all. I can’t imagine most of them will remain if someone monitors them. The few I read are basically saying what is being said here. Here’s one

If a child is shy pushing them into an uncomfortable situation is only going to make things worse. But this is not a birthday message this is a publicity exercise. Look how thrifty we are, look how good we are as parents. No sensitivity to poor embarrassed Jordyn.

Of course there are those arguing why this was a perfectly normal video.

• Love 14

When I think back to what a sweet baby she was, this video makes me so sad. Wasn’t she the one that Dolly Parton wanted to keep?  I’ve never seen a child look so sad at their own birthday party.  

If there’s going to be any rebels, I think it will come from this generation of the kids. Their sister moms are gone, they barely know their parents, what do they have to lose?

• Love 19
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

At the very end, when JBoob pulled her close, she seemed drugged.  

Honestly, that was my first thought upon watching the video. Jordyn seemed completely out of it and not in tune with her surroundings at all. I hate playing Internet doctor, but I agree with the poster above who wondered if Jordyn isn't on the autism spectrum. That was really one of the most bizarre scenes I've ever witnessed from this family, and that's saying something.

Also, Jordyn requested vegetables only for her birthday dinner? Yeah, right. More like Jana grabbed whatever was laying around in the freezer and threw it in the oven. 

29 minutes ago, Mollie said:

That's Jesssa's real hair, before she got the hair extensions.  She was 16.

Did Jessa get a nose job as well? Her nose now is narrow and pointy, and in that above picture it's more rounded and bulbous like Boob's. Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken from but, hmmmm.....

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

There were several siblings missing from the party (Josh, Jana, John-David, Jinger, Jessa, Josiah, Joseph, Joy, and I don't know who else but I didn't see Josie either). 

Jill, Derick, and Iz were on the couch and Joe was sitting across from them with Kendra on his lap. Kendra's parents and siblings were there, as well. The guy in the black hoodie is Caleb, the guy who has been hanging with the older boys. There is a picture of Austin's with the girls, so Joy was probably there too. I'm assuming the rest were off camera. 

Screenshot_20171220-085113.thumb.jpg.f9f2e917e2af261722376172b99139ff.jpg

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Honestly, that was my first thought upon watching the video. Jordyn seemed completely out of it and not in tune with her surroundings at all. I hate playing Internet doctor, but I agree with the poster above who wondered if Jordyn isn't on the autism spectrum. That was really one of the most bizarre scenes I've ever witnessed from this family, and that's saying something.

Also, Jordyn requested vegetables only for her birthday dinner? Yeah, right. More like Jana grabbed whatever was laying around in the freezer and threw it in the oven. 

Did Jessa get a nose job as well? Her nose now is narrow and pointy, and in that above picture it's more rounded and bulbous like Boob's. Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken from but, hmmmm.....

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this...At 16, she still had more "baby" features, and noses do tend to slim out and get slightly sharper lines in adulthood. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lilwhitelion said:

I first watched with sound, then without (as some of you suggested).  Oh wow, her flinch at 22 seconds in.  So sad.

Wow...I don't know how I missed that the first time around. I was hoping she was just uncomfortable at being put in the center of attention, but poor thing, she really seems terrified. The fact that no one in the family seems to see this as anything but normal is heartbreaking!

• Love 9

Was it Jennifer or Jordyn who said on an episode "I don't want to get married.  I want to be a doctor!"

I remember Jim Bob brushed it off as if she could lose what's left of her mind when she meets a boy but I don't remember who said it.

3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

The treatment which should be applied to good ol' wholly neurotypical kids with their comparative skins of elephant hide, is rarely the same treatment which should be applied to a sensitive child who thinks deeper thoughts and feels things more intensely, and I speak from experience.  "Don't be so sensitive!" said both my parents to me over and over as I grew up, to which my response was always, "Great, tell me how.  Do you think it would work if you sat around scrubbing me daily with sandpaper?" 

It's taken about 40 good years for me to feel comfortable actually saying to anyone "Hey, no offense, but big loud group scrums and being required to plaster a fake smile on my face and shake hands and talk to a million people, actually literally wears me out, and yes, 'more so than you' although I know you don't believe that, sorrynotsorry."

I love people who think they can cure shyness as it were some sort of disease.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, queenanne said:

The treatment which should be applied to good ol' wholly neurotypical kids with their comparative skins of elephant hide, is rarely the same treatment which should be applied to a sensitive child who thinks deeper thoughts and feels things more intensely, and I speak from experience.  "Don't be so sensitive!" said both my parents to me over and over as I grew up, to which my response was always, "Great, tell me how.  Do you think it would work if you sat around scrubbing me daily with sandpaper?" 

It's taken about 40 good years for me to feel comfortable actually saying to anyone "Hey, no offense, but big loud group scrums and being required to plaster a fake smile on my face and shake hands and talk to a million people, actually literally wears me out, and yes, 'more so than you' although I know you don't believe that, sorrynotsorry."

Oh, I can completely identify with that! I remember my father calling me something that translates from Polish as something like "feral", though I never could quite find the right word in English to quite explain what he meant until I started reading here. I did't want to be around people, and would actively dodge it. In recent years I've actually wondered whether I have a toe into the autism spectrum, as the more I learn about it the more certain things begin to sound very familiar. But 50+years ago when I was growing up, it was just a constant litany of ""Jyn is just always in her own little world".

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Was it Jennifer or Jordyn who said on an episode "I don't want to get married.  I want to be a doctor!"

I remember Jim Bob brushed it off as if she could lose what's left of her mind when she meets a boy but I don't remember who said it.

I love people who think they can cure shyness as it were some sort of disease.

I hear ya! I am shy (hard to believe right *lol*) mostly due to a mild speech impediment. All my life people would say speak up, say something or try to get me not to be shy. I would love to take a few of the younger Duggar girls home with me. I may not have a big fancy house and buy them a lot of material things, but they would get plenty of love, attention, a chance for a decent education and able to go after their own dreams and not be part of a dog and pony show. They would also learn to love and respect animals because they would have Sassy as a true blue friend.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just went to their Facebook page where they posted the video. As of now there are over 600 comments on that post. I did not read them all. I can’t imagine most of them will remain if someone monitors them. The few I read are basically saying what is being said here. Here’s one

If a child is shy pushing them into an uncomfortable situation is only going to make things worse. But this is not a birthday message this is a publicity exercise. Look how thrifty we are, look how good we are as parents. No sensitivity to poor embarrassed Jordyn.

Of course there are those arguing why this was a perfectly normal video.

I spent over AN HOUR (!!!) reading comments and replies.  Most everyone points out Jordyn's flinching and her protective arm movement and just her general unhappiness.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

FU Internetz!!!!! We threw a party for Jordyn! 

And what's with Mechelle and the apron all of a sudden? She fools no one. 

JEEZ!  She really looks like she doesn't want the crazy lady touching her.  Sadly she probably wanted the mixed veggies and sweet potato fries because that is as unusual as McDonald's was to me as a kid.  They really just need to give up the ghost and have Jana in the mom role.  The littles always look at Michelle as though they barely know who she is.

• Love 9

The littles don't know who Michelle is!!!! Jordyn looked a slight bit more comfortable with JB. For all his faults, he does seem to pay attention to the children older than one. Also, Jordyn looked cute in her dress! I know I have seen that somewhere before. Was it one of the kids' dresses for a wedding?

• Love 3

I assume that Jordyn has had the story of Pwecious Miwacle Josie drummed into her head forever. Between that and mother  abandonment (both bio and sister....where was Jessa?), I'd be a sad sack wreck like Jordyn, too.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Another creepy picture. Austin's smile is scary! He looks like he is trying to hold back his anger aka the serial killer anger look.

Thank you!  He creeps me out too...like when Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory tries to smile and ends up looking like The Joker from Batman.

And I hate that picture because geez, can Jordyn get her picture taken at all (on her BIRTHDAY no less) without Josie jumping in the frame?!

As much as I want Jana to escape and be free, if she's the only one paying attention to Jordyn, then...well, it still doesn't make it right but I'd feel better knowing that there was an adult Jordyn could go to if she is hungry or sad or skins her knee.  Clearly that person is NOT Michelle.

I loathe Michelle so, so much.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6
On 6/27/2017 at 0:54 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

(Can't get rid of the box.)

Re Jordyn's video

I couldn't take my eyes off of her hands and fingers. She seemed to be clutching and unclutching them. Don't know that it means anything, other than that she was extremely uncomfortable.  

I'm surprised the Duggars posted such an awkward view into their family's life. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

I am profoundly sad for her.   Any other words just escape me.  In a warehouse full of siblings, nieces, and nephews that is still one very lonely child.

She probably goes and hides in the dryer for alone time, like that one kid from Kid Farm did.

• Love 3

Besides the obvious observations about poor Jordyn, here's yet another clip where Michelle, from her voice, to the content of her speech, to her mannerisms, comes across as slightly *deranged*. I think JB's an asshole, but Michelle seems to be truly, certifiably *insane*. It's probably best she didn't raise her own children.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Another creepy picture. Austin's smile is scary! He looks like he is trying to hold back his anger aka the serial killer anger look.

I've finally figured out who Austin reminds me of. It's the slightly slow, really angry kid who could control electricity/lightning, played by Giovanni Ribisi in the episode of The X-Files he was in back in season 3.

• Love 5

Do y'all think that Michelle puts on an apron and takes a baking dish already filled with seasoned vegetables, puts it in the oven, sings Happy Birthday then pulls one out of the oven that's completely done - like on a cooking show?

I can imagine Michelle thinking out loud, "I'm going to prepare vegetables" and everyone scrambling behind the scenes to make it happen.

• Love 21