Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I’d go for the photo op then find a place with decent food. I must admit that one of our daughter’s souvenirs is the wrapper from the pea popsicle we shared at the Kunming airport. It wasn’t bad at all. We also have an unused jar of baby food, and my husband might have kept the Pringles can. Why? Because they were labeled in Chinese. Lame, I know. 

• Love 11

Si got to use that nickname because Jo(e) was already taken.  Then those silly parents named their youngest Josie on top of it. 

So not rebelling at all. They had to call him something that no one else would think was their own name. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Si got to use that nickname because Jo(e) was already taken.  Then those silly parents named their youngest Josie on top of it. 

So not rebelling at all. They had to call him something that no one else would think was their own name. 

Not to mention Johannah. And then he has younger twin brothers Jeremiah and Jedidiah. 

I think he picked the nickname. I don't remember them using before he was a teen. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

Not to mention Johannah. And then he has younger twin brothers Jeremiah and Jedidiah. 

Joyanna and Johannah are the 2 that make me twitchy. Johannah is a made up name. They couldn’t have found a legit “J” name that sounds a little different for the kid?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, AUgirl said:

Joyanna and Johannah are the 2 that make me twitchy. Johannah is a made up name. They couldn’t have found a legit “J” name that sounds a little different for the kid?

Not exactly. Johanna this spelling is a form of Joanna and a greal name. The Duggars added an extra h for reasons unknown. But it's not that bad when consider Susanna was originally spelled this way, but is often spelled with the extra-h, Susannah. 

Johanna is a German version of Joanna and Joanna, like Susanna, is a character in the new testament (from the book of Luke). The names in the bible have been anglicized and changed from one form to another over thousands of years. 

I agree with Joy Anna and Johannah are too close. Joy's first name is Joy and they called her by her first and middle. I would have preferred joy on its' own in general and think they should just have called her Joy. 

It also stood out that the Willis family had a Joyanna as well. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Normades said:

I always wondered why they didn't use Juliette or Jacqueline. Two beautiful j names and unlike the rest of the litter. Of course who can expect intelligence from those dolts?

All names in the Julie family-Juliette (trendy now not then), Julia, Julie, Julius, Julian etc. were off limits, because when they were in high school Jim Bob had a crush on a girl named Julie. 

They could have used Jacqueline for one of the early daughters, but not for the last four girls. It's too similiar (imo) to Jackson. 

I actually like many of the J-names they did use.  I've always been surprised there's no Jacob or Joel. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I actually like many of the J-names they did use.  I've always been surprised there's no Jacob or Joel. 

Agreed, most of the J names are good. Some names are more common than others which is OK. The only really odd name is Jinger.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, AUgirl said:

A friend of mine from high school has the middle name Johanna (minus the Dugger 'H' at the end).  I want to say it's a family name for her.  

It drives me crazy they were able to come up with Jubilee (and Jinger), but they couldn't give Joy & Hannie names that weren't so damn close in pronunciation.  Nothing about these people make sense, starting from the straw on the top, to the horrendous foot coverings on the bottom, and everything in between.

• Love 11
On 2/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, Barb23 said:

I guess Josiah is going by "Si" now. I know the Duggar girls call him this but looks like it's his Instagram name too. Gag me.

Kokapeti - loved your comment about Justin & comb over.

I just like that a Duggar kid is going by a (nick)name that doesn't start with J. Take that, JimBob & Michelle! You're such a rebel, Si!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Since Jinger,  Joy and Grandma are not living in the TTH anymore, I wonder who is the current laundry slave. I hope that it isn't poor Jordyn.

Wait, where did Grandma go?  I missed it.  Esp if Ben and Jessa are now in her house.

18 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Since Jinger,  Joy and Grandma are not living in the TTH anymore, I wonder who is the current laundry slave. I hope that it isn't poor Jordyn.

Good question. No doubt it's a combo of the Lost Girls, no Josie of course with Jana supervising.  It just amazes me the kidadult guys in that house aren't responsible for their own laundry.  I know it's women's work but can't they throw in a load of clothes while sitting around playing chess & dominoes? 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Good question. No doubt it's a combo of the Lost Girls, no Josie of course with Jana supervising.  It just amazes me the kidadult guys in that house aren't responsible for their own laundry.  I know it's women's work but can't they throw in a load of clothes while sitting around playing chess & dominoes? 

If I were Jana and the Lost girls I would "accidently" forget to do the kidadult guys laundry for a bit

• Love 3
On 2/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

McDonald’s? WHY am I not surprised? The Duggars are so plebeian!

Not saying it’s bad to like McD’s if you like it. Just that the Duggars always prefer that to trying something new.

I always like to visit the local McDonalds once in any country I visit, just to see the differences. And there are some real differences. But we wouldn’t go more than once.

• Love 9
On 2/17/2018 at 1:41 PM, Temperance said:

But it's not that bad when consider Susanna was originally spelled this way, but is often spelled with the extra-h, Susannah

Susannah is a name of Hebrew origin (Shoshannah). The H on the end is the older form and is always used in Jewish families, and often enough among Gentiles as well. It’s the Hebrew word for “lily,” actually. 

On 2/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I’d just like to point out that Mackynzie and Josie are the same age. I get that Josie was a micro premie, but she looks like a preschooler to Mack’s appropriately sized second grader. 

EA90FB8C-E24B-4FAE-9E18-F581B0C610B6.jpeg

I was just thinking that Josie has begun looking less like a preemie (or an alien) and more like an ordinary little girl. She was a micropreemie and she will most likely be really tiny all her life. That’s not necessarily a terrible thing for a girl.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Genevrier said:

I always like to visit the local McDonalds once in any country I visit, just to see the differences. And there are some real differences. But we wouldn’t go more than once.

Twenty years ago, the McDonald's in Europe gave out good walking tour maps of the major cities and the bathrooms were easily accessible, so I have been guilty of going to McD's more than once while traveling. I would always buy a coffee or snack when i went in.

The bathroom at the main McD's in Rome is amazing, often shows up on the Travel Channel's best if/top 10 shows. I would not fault anyone for visiting, it is that incredible!

I also went McDonald's in Sydney twice. It was before we had McCafe in the U.S., and the food and coffee were really good, much better than McCafe USA. Don't worry I went to plenty of locally owned restaurants too. ?

• Love 8

That poor girl in the center of the picture. I have counted 4 layers of clothing she's wearing. There's the flowered jumper, a shirt with cap sleeves (may be attached to jumper),  a longer sleeved white shirt & a turquoise shirt peeking out at collar. Maybe the long white sleeves & turquoise collar are from same shirt. Let's hope. She's probably wearing a camisole as a first layer that we can't see. Maybe the jumper is her dress up outfit.  And being a kid,  maybe she wanted to wear all these layers. You never know with this family and their friends.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

The McDonalds in Moscow, Russia are amazing.  Very clean, and beautiful architecture and decorating .  And, more importantly, clean bathrooms.  I visited two of them and was very impressed.  They were beautiful buildings.

Ok..I have to admit, the older I get, I too , would be stopping at a place like McDonald's with a guaranteed nice restroom.

(I'd buy at least a coffee to pay for my use of it)

But ONLY for that..the rest of the time I'd try the other country's food.

Have we ever seen any Duggar, or Duggar-adjacent, Instagram a photo of food they tried in a different country?

(I really don't know the answer to this.)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I just can't wrap my head around this completely. I would have a lot of resentment against my brothers if I were a Duggar girl. The boys share mowing the lawn, so they probably do it twice a grass growing season each. Change an occasional flat tire and what else??

I'd be like take your dirty undies and shove them up your ass, or in your mouth if you're hungry.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just can't wrap my head around this completely. I would have a lot of resentment against my brothers if I were a Duggar girl. The boys share mowing the lawn, so they probably do it twice a grass growing season each. Change an occasional flat tire and what else??

I'd be like take your dirty undies and shove them up your ass, or in your mouth if you're hungry.

This is part of why I've never really understood girls who not only stay in the cults*, but extend it to their own kids. Surely at some point, Jessa at least, who seems to be fairly strong-willed, has looked around at the men in her life and thought that she's smarter than they are, so why do they get to be lazy headships just because they're boys, while she is relegated to helpmeet. - and maybe if she hadn't gotten Ben, who I'm guessing does bend to her whims fairly easily, she would have been the one who broke free.

*understanding full well how hard it can be to leave the life you've been brought up in.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Especially since it seems like they have enough money and property for it to be a riding lawn mower. I've always wanted to try one, but never had the space. Big difference between a motorized push mower and a riding mower. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, kalamac said:

This is part of why I've never really understood girls who not only stay in the cults*, but extend it to their own kids. Surely at some point, Jessa at least, who seems to be fairly strong-willed, has looked around at the men in her life and thought that she's smarter than they are, so why do they get to be lazy headships just because they're boys, while she is relegated to helpmeet. - and maybe if she hadn't gotten Ben, who I'm guessing does bend to her whims fairly easily, she would have been the one who broke free.

*understanding full well how hard it can be to leave the life you've been brought up in.

I am a constant lurker, and I always love so many of your comments. It's a pain how introverted I am, even on PTV (!), but I'm coming out of lurking to tell you about a book that was just released 2/20 that can shed a light on why things can continue from generation to generation.

The book is Educated by Tara Westover. As I read the book and continued to question why the author allowed her family to treat her so horribly I kept making comparisons to Ma and Pa Duggar and the harm they have brainwashed into their children. It's also just a freakin' fascinating book. Fair warning:  There are some graphic medical and abuse scenes that will tear at your heart.

OK, back to lurking!

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

I am a constant lurker, and I always love so many of your comments. It's a pain how introverted I am, even on PTV (!), but I'm coming out of lurking to tell you about a book that was just released 2/20 that can shed a light on why things can continue from generation to generation.

The book is Educated by Tara Westover. As I read the book and continued to question why the author allowed her family to treat her so horribly I kept making comparisons to Ma and Pa Duggar and the harm they have brainwashed into their children. It's also just a freakin' fascinating book. Fair warning:  There are some graphic medical and abuse scenes that will tear at your heart.

OK, back to lurking!

Only a couple of days ago I listened to Westover being interviewed on Fresh Air, and she made me think of the Duggars, too!  https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2018/02/20/587250643/fresh-air-for-feb-20-2018-from-a-survivalist-childhood-to-cambridge-ph-d

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Portia said:

Only a couple of days ago I listened to Westover being interviewed on Fresh Air, and she made me think of the Duggars, too!  https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2018/02/20/587250643/fresh-air-for-feb-20-2018-from-a-survivalist-childhood-to-cambridge-ph-d

I listened to that interview too and was also thinking about the Duggars! It was so fascinating that even though I only was able to listen to half of it, I made sure I hunted down the rest of it to finish, which I almost never do. 

• Love 4
(edited)

This might explain why Famy went private. Sounds like she panicked big time. It was a few days after she took down the hospital pics, so I don't think the two are related. Not to mention, the tabloid writers are already in her social media; she just doesn't know who they are amongst her 400k followers. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This might explain why Famy went private. Sounds like she panicked big time. It was a few days after she took down the hospital pics, so I don't think the two are related. Not to mention, the tabloid writers are already in her social media; she just doesn't know who they are amongst her 400k followers. 

Eh, it's another form of attention whoring for her. Why would she call attention to it something she didn't want noticed? Sure, she removed it, but ?trying to stay relevant and failing. 

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Eh, it's another form of attention whoring for her. Why would she call attention to it something she didn't want noticed? Sure, she removed it, but ?trying to stay relevant and failing. 

Just like Narcissus was awed by his own reflection in the water, Amy was awed by the reflection of her private parts in the faucet.

Narcissus is the origin of the term narcissism, a fixation with oneself and one's physical appearance or public perception.

Who takes selfies of themselves in the bathtub?  A narcissist.

1a.jpg

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Remember the time you dressed like a prostitute on social media? I remember.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 3/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Why is it even necessary to post a picture of you relaxing in the tub? I don't think of taking pictures of myself when I'm taking a relaxing bath.

Yup, that was my first thought. You'll never catch my nude reflection in anything, because if I'm taking a "relaxing" or nude pic only 2 people will see it, me or my husband. I'm mean only 3 people will see it, either me, my husband or my wife, @Celia Rubenstein. Thank goodness Frito bags aren't too reflective. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, that was my first thought. You'll never catch my nude reflection in anything, because if I'm taking a "relaxing" or nude pic only 2 people will see it, me or my husband. I'm mean only 3 people will see it, either me, my husband or my wife, @Celia Rubenstein. Thank goodness Frito bags aren't too reflective. 

Um, excuse me, but @Celia Rubenstein is not only your wife, but your HEADSHIP. Please refer to her as such. Thank you. 

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Um, excuse me, but @Celia Rubenstein is not only your wife, but your HEADSHIP. Please refer to her as such. Thank you. 

Big oops. I'm still learning. Give me another week and I'll be an expert.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Amy probably thinks since she deleted it she’s “safe”. The internet is forever, someone has that picture, I guarantee it.

That's what she's hoping.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Amy probably thinks since she deleted it she’s “safe”. The internet is forever, someone has that picture, I guarantee it.

Who posts a picture without looking at it first?  Answer: nobody.  Amy acts like a bimbo starlet who has a 'wardrobe malfunction' and makes sure it is caught on camera and published.  If she were really embarrassed, she would just shut up about it.

Amy's Tweet: "Literally still freaking out.... please Lord don't let it end up in the tabloids.... I. WILL. JUST. DIE."

Does she think her Lord is reading her tweets?

• Love 16

Who is the kissing couple behind Grandma Mary? (Edit: is that Lauren's parents? it would give more explaination to that engagement, if Lauren's parents are exactly like JB and Michelle.) And why are they kissing in a family photo at Josh's birthday? Why are people kissing in a family photo at all?!

And Joe's got a hand in Kendra's bump. Ugh.

Good for Jackson in being one of the only Duggar kids that make me laugh rather than heavy sigh in disbelief. The double photobomb is actually kinda impressive.

Edited by McManda
tried to give explanation to my question
  • Love 11