Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

So how come it's all right for those older girls to (nearly) SHOW THEIR KNEES and wear straight skirts that almost REVEAL SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR SHAPES (!!!SHOCK HORROR !!!!) while all those poor little saps are there in the Texas heat with long bulky skirts and, insult to injury, hot leggings under the skirts as well???

It makes my flesh crawl to think of how hot that bunch of eight and nine-year-olds are with the multiple hot layers on their legs. And there are the older girls positively flaunting it by comparison. (presumably at least in part because they're in -- and on -- the market)

What a mob of stupid hypocrites the Gothardites all are. 

Those poor little girls look ridiculous at a camp wearing all those long skirts. They should have on shorts! 

The older girls flaunt it because they are looking for a mate. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 7

I'm going to find the positive that at least some of them aren't wearing leggings so there is hope for the younger ones to graduate from required leggings some day.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Portia said:

The maroon polo shirts alone constitute child abuse, in my book.

Can come explain to me why Fundies have to button polo shirts all the way up?!!  So uncomfortable!  I notice the Jill Rod boys always wear button down shirt and they, too, are buttoned all the way up- every last button.  It looks strange, and Victorian.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

You know what I can't wait to see is when Josie gets married. They will bill the wedding as the 2nd coming of Jesus and not only that they will even have Jesus  officiating  the ceremony. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, drafan said:

Johannah's purity ring finger is in a splint. Is she being punished for something?

Her (bad) posture makes her look just like Jana.

She’s the spitting image of Jana already. If not for the age difference they could be twins.

• Love 1
On 5/10/2019 at 11:25 AM, Churchhoney said:

So how come it's all right for those older girls to (nearly) SHOW THEIR KNEES and wear straight skirts that almost REVEAL SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR SHAPES (!!!SHOCK HORROR !!!!) while all those poor little saps are there in the Texas heat with long bulky skirts and, insult to injury, hot leggings under the skirts as well???

It makes my flesh crawl to think of how hot that bunch of eight and nine-year-olds are with the multiple hot layers on their legs. And there are the older girls positively flaunting it by comparison. (presumably at least in part because they're in -- and on -- the market)

What a mob of stupid hypocrites the Gothardites all are. 

Yet another reminder to all of us about how 5-year-old Joy was “asking for it” from Josh with  her thoroughly immodest clothing. Those tiny girls can really stir things up in a guy, you know!

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

EE72B52C-F076-4BC3-A3E6-259E9C550193.jpeg

Hmm, coming from the wild cousin, the no-hit-wonder country singer, the one week vintage store owner, the marriage bootcamper, the I-have-a-calling counselor, clothing seller, Pretty Woman hooker wearing, future mom?

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmm, coming from the wild cousin, the no-hit-wonder country singer, the one week vintage store owner, the marriage bootcamper, the I-have-a-calling counselor, clothing seller, Pretty Woman hooker wearing, future mom?

Well, as she says, it's the kind of mother she wants to be. ...  so.... aspirational, in her case? 

Now, why she thinks Dillon definitely is a non-chaos person, I'm not sure .... Maybe he's slowing down with age or something. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Amy's childhood was no bed of roses with the on again/off again situation of her parents. IIRC, they didn't get married until Amy was well into her teens.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

Amy’s dad was apparently a piece of work towards Deanna when Amy was younger.  Their relationship was pretty volatile and that definitely causes the kind of chaos for a child that can follow them into adulthood.  They got married when she was much older but I don’t think they are even together now. I can see her wanting more stability for her child, knowing the scars her parents’ relationship left on her.  My parents didn’t get married until I was 23, so I get it.

• Love 13
(edited)

Yeah I can't snark on Amy's sentiments there. Parts of my childhood were batshit crazy, too, and I know it still deeply affects the way me and my siblings approach relationships and would be foremost on my mind if I ever had a child. 

Not sure Amy is exactly able to break the cyclical nature of a lot of that dysfunction, but good for her for being able to recognize it--and hopefully act on that recognition.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Pray blessings? What the heck!

Completely normal church-speak. Grammatical, too. Pray in this context has a similar meaning to "invoke." 

• Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B6DEDEF7-8A82-4D16-9F43-7DBEE5705CA3.jpeg

70825C1F-0AAF-4FC8-91E9-E771C6166AE8.jpeg

Blerg. Is Jessa wearing a cervical collar in the top picture?

And nothing about his servant's heart? Seems like not as much god-blather as usual.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jill looks like she needs to go the bathroom really bad in the picture. Just saying...

Just once I would like to see the Duggars do a normal happy birthday message. I know it is asking for a lot, but a person can think it is possible.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jill looks like she needs to go the bathroom really bad in the picture. Just saying...

Well, there are only six people in the photo. There are probably lines around the block. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, awaken said:

If that’s Josiah in that photo, it makes me sad to see what he’s become. Little did he know what his future would hold. Not much at all. 😕

Despite getting that greeting from "Mom and Dad Duggar" on every birthday -- "We can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you!" ....

They conveniently never mentioned that what they anticipated was the day when the Lord would squash him like a bug. 

But that was their idea all along. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

We already know what the Lord has in store for any of them - get married, reproduce, work for Daddy.  Rinse and repeat.

Yes, but will it be married at 19 or 20? 15 kids or 21? Scrubbing toilets for Daddy or mostly specializing in sinks? Tell other Christians they're doing it wrong in Greece or in Danger America? Oh the Duggar possibilities!

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
On 5/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, jcbrown said:

Blerg. Is Jessa wearing a cervical collar in the top picture?

And nothing about his servant's heart? Seems like not as much god-blather as usual.

It's a scarf.

Though, I thought that was Joy...

(edited)

Grandma’s birthday greeting:

Happy birthday Grandma Mary! What a wonderful legacy of faith you have created for your children and grandchild! We love you so much and we are so thankful for you!! We hope you have a great birthday!

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 2
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Happy birthday Grandma Mary! What a wonderful legacy of faith you have created for your children and grandchild! We love you so much and we are so thankful for you!! We hope you have a great birthday!

Wait, what? Grandma Mary only has ONE grandchild? What did I miss? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait, what? Grandma Mary only has ONE grandchild? What did I miss? 

Does that mean Boob is not the father of 18 of the Duggarlets? 

Such morons.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 12
(edited)
33 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Does that mean Boob is not the father of 18 of the Duggarlets? 

Such morons.

And Deanna's not the mother of Amy, either. 

Also, Boob's one child must be Josiah or one of the even younger Duggarlings, since at last count Grandma Mary likely has some great grandchildren if he spawned any of those older, married kids.

If he did spawn them all, though, as their looks suggest, Grandma's got 12 great grandchildren. And you generally give greatgrandparents that credit. But I'm guessing this is proof that JB and M continue to think only of themselves. 

On the other hand, maybe this revelation about Boob's lack of babies is the source of Meeechelle's guilt. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maybe this was a time warp and was written in 1987 (after Amy was born, but before Josh). 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

More “fun” at Silver Dollar City. 

When I look at that picture of Josie with an ice cream cone and what appears to be a piece of funnel cake, all I can think about is how different her life is than her oldest siblings. Can you imagine Jana and company remembering fighting for a spoonful of Aldi brand spaghettios and then seeing the youngest siblings getting multiple expensive theme park treats?

• Love 6
(edited)

Do we know if Josie is still licking things inappropriately? I always thought it was just gross.

But I was recently reading a bio of Chris Farley and learned he licked all sorts of weird stuff as an adult because of OCD. Like, he'd compulsively lick his clothes before putting them on and lick everything in his wallet. He'd even lick mailboxes and staircases when he was walking. Coupled with everything else that was going on with him, it just seemed so sad to me. 

As soon as I read that I wondered if Josie was still licking things and if it went beyond just her being poorly disciplined. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

More “fun” at Silver Dollar City. 

When I look at that picture of Josie with an ice cream cone and what appears to be a piece of funnel cake, all I can think about is how different her life is than her oldest siblings. Can you imagine Jana and company remembering fighting for a spoonful of Aldi brand spaghettios and then seeing the youngest siblings getting multiple expensive theme park treats?

J'Tyler always looks genuinely happy to me. I've often thought that his life with his mother must have been hellacious, but maybe that's not it. JB and J'chelle are 100% checked out of parenting. He's living in a house full of kids with no rules, no school, and no bed time. 

Either there's something in that house that really works for him, or he's just a good actor.

• Love 21
20 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

J'Tyler always looks genuinely happy to me. I've often thought that his life with his mother must have been hellacious, but maybe that's not it. JB and J'chelle are 100% checked out of parenting. He's living in a house full of kids with no rules, no school, and no bed time. 

Either there's something in that house that really works for him, or he's just a good actor.

That's a really good point. I wish we knew enough about him to put our fingers on it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Do they have season tickets to the park? That's a different day, different clothes. I imagine it gets expensive with that many people.

I'm sure they have season tickets. They go there over and over, and not just in summer.

The website notes that your season pass -- which gives you unlimited visits for the entire year -- is less than two one-day tickets to the park. Two adults can get their year-long passes for $230 total. That's a pretty cheap date, even with food costs added in, if you go 10 times a year, and I'll bet they do, since they don't really have jobs.

A year-long pass for a kid through age 11 is $105. ...

Heck, given the slow aging of the Duggarling boys (before their precipitous decline to late middle age) they can probably sneak Jackson in on a kids' pass. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

They also have periodic days where people who are "local" and have something to prove it, address-wise, can get in free with 1 guest. I don't know if the Duggars would count being in Washington County, but folks in my county were eligible and often waited for it. C of O students used to get in free, too, on those days, and it was the only days we'd go. Some less morally upright former students held onto their student IDs for a year or two to continue taking advantage of that. (I didn't, but I let someone who did that take me as a guest.)

Checking their calendar, though, I am not seeing where they still do that. Though this past week was season pass holder appreciation days, so they're probably taking advantage of the exclusive ride times it apparently offers them. 

• Love 2

They probably only take a handful of kids per trip.  Unless, of course, they have the TeeVee cameras following them, then they make sure to take every single member of the family plus any relatives that might be available.

• Love 5
On 6/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, cmr2014 said:

J'Tyler always looks genuinely happy to me.

He's just happy his name doesn't begin with a J.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2