Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, louannems said:

Seriously, that little boy is teenaged Jackson?  He really isn't growing, yet.

The second to last picture is Marcus and Israel, with some random kid in the background. Jackson is actually in the third to last picture (the one with Spurgeon-- Jackson is way in the back, with the red sleeves). He still looks young for his age, but not that young... I teach 8th-9th grade, and there's definitely a wide range of how hard puberty has hit at that age.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The second to last picture is Marcus and Israel, with some random kid in the background. Jackson is actually in the third to last picture (the one with Spurgeon-- Jackson is way in the back, with the red sleeves). He still looks young for his age, but not that young... I teach 8th-9th grade, and there's definitely a wide range of how hard puberty has hit at that age.

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think that's Tyler. His hair is too dark for Jackson.

Oops, third to last picture. Tyler is next to Jackson wearing a gray sweatshirt with yellow lining the hood.

Edited by GeeGolly
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think that's Tyler. His hair is too dark for Jackson.

The only sign of maturing in that kid is that his hair is getting darker. If you zoom in, the photobomb is not at all subtle. 

In in other news, Marcus is pretty adorbs. 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, Churchhoney said:

He sure always knows where the camera is. 

Poor Jackson.  That child needs to be in school.  Even if it's a conservative Christian school.  Let him be in a school play.  Or be in a choir singing Christian pop songs.  Let him paint sets or make costumes.  Jackson seems to be the type who would enjoy that.  He's being turned into another Josiah.  Married young with all the spirit broken out of him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Ouch, what political thing are they up to now. Don't they realize they're political poison?

I looked closely at the photo on my computer screen. The tote bag Josie is sporting has the logo of Awake America Ministries. I Googled it. It's an organization based in MD which apparently organizes people of a certain religious persuasion to lobby their government about stuff. I didn't delve deeper, and I doubt any discussion of the details is appropriate for PTV anyway. ETA:  "Capitol Connections" - mentioned in the DFO screenshot posed by @ginger90 just below - is hosted by Awake America Ministries according to the AAM website.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Ah, yes, Duggar Family Official.

So deeply concerned about the unborn. 

But when it comes to the born-but-then-dropped-after-six-months-like-a-hot-potato-people, they don't concern you a bit. 

Like Jana. Born. Then recruited at age seven to raise and keep house for the bazillion other kids Meeechelle was emitting, breastfeeding for six months, then forgetting the names of ever after. 

And James and Jackson. Born. And Meechelle and Jim Bob have been so concerned about these boys that they don't give a crap that both were still learning math from third-grade flashcards when they were teenagers. 

And the lost girls. Born. And isn't it great that a bunch of young U.S. girls in a family where the parents own airplanes and take several beach vacations annually are in the same boat as tens of millions of girls in poverty worldwide who don't have access to equal education or any future other than pumping out babies? Those girls should definitely get the ear of our nation's lawmakers to talk about the problems of the unborn. Yessiree, JIm Bob. 

Ah, Jim Bob, so concerned about the fate of [unborn] children that he put a quarter million dollars into a Senate campaign that everyone except him knew he would lose while his kids -- who were BORN, dammit! -- lived crammed in a one-bathroom, molestation-central house while eating food neighbors left on the porch out of pity.  

Beautifully said. So true. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Not with those high-water pants, he doesn't. 

Haha This necessitated more than just a mere laugh reaction. It made me nearly choke on a glass of milk. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, kokapetl said:

54517552_1536900359776941_43552451090049

Jackson got braces?

What's with the people still heading up the stairs behind them?  Did they really arrange the pose for the photo that fast??   Or were those people posing with them for a different shot and then they decided to do a "Duggar-only" version??

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

What's with the people still heading up the stairs behind them?  Did they really arrange the pose for the photo that fast??   Or were those people posing with them for a different shot and then they decided to do a "Duggar-only" version??

Or they took so damn long to take the photo that those guys just went around them. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Maybe they parted like the Red Sea to let those people through. 

It's a modern-day miracle!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Not with those high-water pants, he doesn't. 

What?!  Jackson is actually growing out of his pants?  That's a first.  Maybe he will finally start his long anticipated growth spurt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I saw the picture of the Duggars in front of the Capitol but this one included their feet showing a variety of footwear.   Michelle is sporting quite the pair of orthopedic looking shoes.  I understand the need for comfortable shoes as they are the only  kind I can wear now but hers are something else again. .  They remind me of the ones my grandmothers wore way back in the day. The Lost Girls are wearing similar ankle boots that look old. I'm thinking they were first worn by the older girls & passed down. 

Sorry, I'm computer challenged & don't know how to post the picture. It's the one in their collage but includes their feet.  Maybe someone else can post it & share in my snark. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I saw the picture of the Duggars in front of the Capitol but this one included their feet showing a variety of footwear.   Michelle is sporting quite the pair of orthopedic looking shoes.  I understand the need for comfortable shoes as they are the only  kind I can wear now but hers are something else again. .  They remind me of the ones my grandmothers wore way back in the day. The Lost Girls are wearing similar ankle boots that look old. I'm thinking they were first worn by the older girls & passed down. 

Sorry, I'm computer challenged & don't know how to post the picture. It's the one in their collage but includes their feet.  Maybe someone else can post it & share in my snark. 

This one? 😁

Their clothes are awful, too. Nothing matches.

20190316_000917.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

I find it curious as to why Jim Bob and the boys wear nice enough suits and proper shoes when appearing somewhere, but all of the girls look like they got dress in the dark from a Thrift Store Mission grab bag. She really cares nothing about how her daughters look OR if they are dressed properly for the weather. Those improper old, ratty shoes the girls are wearing should cause Michelle to hang her head in shame.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I find it curious as to why Jim Bob and the boys wear nice enough suits and proper shoes when appearing somewhere, but all of the girls look like they got dress in the dark from a Thrift Store Mission grab bag. She really cares nothing about how her daughters look OR if they are dressed properly for the weather. Those improper old, ratty shoes the girls are wearing should cause Michelle to hang her head in shame.

Sorry. Not an emotion Meeechellle (or her equally self-centered husband) recognizes. 

More's the pity. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

This one? 😁

Their clothes are awful, too. Nothing matches.

20190316_000917.jpg

JB finally took an iron to his pants.  They are usually so wrinkled!  But the way he is bending into Michelle - do they both now have a missing back muscle?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, louannems said:

JB finally took an iron to his pants.  They are usually so wrinkled!  But the way he is bending into Michelle - do they both now have a missing back muscle?

All spooning all the time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I wonder where the clothing break down is. Michelle gets new clothes when she wants. Not as often as she needs to, but when she wants to. Jana wears new clothes. Jana was also ostensibly responsible for the master suite renovation, so she, in theory, has access to funds.

Who is it that is packing the girls’ clothes for a trip to DC to feature the Duggars and decides that any ole thing that fits is acceptable? I get why they would bum around the house in whatever fits, but they have the funds to make sure the girls have a nice outfit. 

I would rather tell my five year old to wear leggings than explain to her why she shouldn’t show her underwear, but these girls are old enough and it isn’t playtime at the park.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Jana was also ostensibly responsible for the master suite renovation, so she, in theory, has access to funds.

I think TLC came up with the idea for the renovation, did most of the work and paid the bills for it. By this point the network must be desperate to find things to film to sustain the illusion that the Duggars do anything other than sit around the house all day. At the same time, I think that TLC is no longer willing to spend a lot of money flying the Duggars around the world and creating "adventures" for them. Slapping a coat of paint on the bedroom walls and buying some new furniture gave them fodder for a new episode without costing a lot.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I wonder where the clothing break down is. Michelle gets new clothes when she wants. Not as often as she needs to, but when she wants to. Jana wears new clothes. Jana was also ostensibly responsible for the master suite renovation, so she, in theory, has access to funds.

Who is it that is packing the girls’ clothes for a trip to DC to feature the Duggars and decides that any ole thing that fits is acceptable? I get why they would bum around the house in whatever fits, but they have the funds to make sure the girls have a nice outfit. 

I would rather tell my five year old to wear leggings than explain to her why she shouldn’t show her underwear, but these girls are old enough and it isn’t playtime at the park.

So would I. But, to be fair, it's probably harder to tell girls of any age why they have to hide their knees....

....Tell me again -- Why do they have to hide their knees?      

Oh, that's right. Pure ostentation.     ;  )

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Tell me again -- Why do they have to hide their knees?      

Oh, that's right. Pure ostentation.     ;  )

Yeah, it's okay for them to show off their feet by going barefoot or wearing flip-flops because Michelle said that "feet aren't sexual", but knees are apparently a real erogenous zone?

But of course when the modesty rules were laid down for them by their cult, bare feet were given a free pass because that filthy old creep Bill Gothard happens to have a foot fetish.

• Love 15

Wait a minute -- Jennifer is ELEVEN? If I remember correctly, Jordyn was born December of 2008. Josie Miracle was born December of 2009. Am I off, are these old pictures, or have the Duggars officially forgotten how old a child is? 

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Wait a minute -- Jennifer is ELEVEN? If I remember correctly, Jordyn was born December of 2008. Josie Miracle was born December of 2009. Am I off, are these old pictures, or have the Duggars officially forgotten how old a child is? 

All of the younger girls have birthdays in the second half of the year. Jennifer is 2 years older than Josie and her birthday isn't for while so yes she is eleven.

If the kids were just knocking around the house I wouldn't rag on the clothing, but clearly they're someplace where you're expected to be a bit spiffed up. Would it kill Michelle to get off her lazy ass and buy the Littles a few nice outfits? Everything those poor girls have on is mismatched and ill-fitting.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Those poor girls always look like Ragamuffins. Are they blind? How can you not see how mismatched and ill fitting their clothes are?

too funny.  Both my grandsons are legally blind and they can put an outfit together pretty nicely.  Maybe it's just the Duggars don't care.

• Love 14

WTF is Michelle wearing on her feet?  Her legs look like toothpicks coming out of those monstrosities.

The problem I have always had with these family outings is that the girls (including Michelle) are dressed too casually compared to the guys in suits.  They should be in dresses or dressy blouses and skirts, not denim, leggings, and other assorted nonsense.  And dressier shoes.  They don't have to be sky high heels, but SOMETHING nicer than they are wearing.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

WTF is Michelle wearing on her feet?  Her legs look like toothpicks coming out of those monstrosities.

The problem I have always had with these family outings is that the girls (including Michelle) are dressed too casually compared to the guys in suits.  They should be in dresses or dressy blouses and skirts, not denim, leggings, and other assorted nonsense.  And dressier shoes.  They don't have to be sky high heels, but SOMETHING nicer than they are wearing.

Maybe Meeeechelle just wants to make sure she's not outshone.

Which could be tough, given that she's there in her never-been-ironed denim skirt, the windbreaker or whatever that jacket is that's wearing her, and the three or four rats' nests hanging down her back.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
On 3/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, floridamom said:

Remember Anna and the outfits she was wearing in DC when Joshley was a big hotshot? Joshley was wearing a suit to fancy functions meanwhile Anna was wearing regular frumpy day clothes? I can't imagine how she felt compared to the dressed up women at those functions.

Their clothing choices imply that the women are lesser than the men.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Remember Anna and the outfits she was wearing in DC when Joshley was a big hotshot? Joshley was wearing a suit to fancy functions meanwhile Anna was wearing regular frumpy day clothes? I can't imagine how she felt compared to the dressed up women at those functions.

Their clothing choices imply that the women are lesser than the men.

They probably dress that way in order not to attract men because we all know men cannot stop lusting over the Duggar women.