Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Can she sing, or are they relying on peoples good nature and the story of her miracle birth to win over the audience?

I'm assuming that she's outgrown her licking habit, otherwise it'll be "Oh, say can you <slurp> by the dawn’s early <slurp>..."

Based on the couple of things they have  posted of her working on the Star Spangled Banner recording, I'd say she has the sort of voice which implies a certain level of talent for her age, but she's not a prodigy by any stretch of the imagination. I happen to love hearing children sing even though they are not perfect

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's the best picture of Josie that Michelle could find for them to use on the poster?  Really?

She couldn't be bothered to take a nice new photo of the kid wearing something cute in patriotic red or blue and maybe ran a damn comb through her hair?  Jesus Michelle you're trying to make Josie *happen* at least put a little effort into it, you lazy sow.

I couldn't agree more.

I personally think that Josie is a very homely child. That having been said, there's a lot that could be accomplished with a bar of soap, a comb, and a nice dress that fit her.

Edited by cmr2014
fix grammar
  • Love 22

Branson is conservative and patriotic, and poor preemie Josie singing her little heart out will bring folks to tears. Maybe she can get a show in Branson and have a family act like the Osmonds. They can wear those awful, sparkly outfits the Osmonds and the Brady Bunch wore in their shows in the 1970's. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

ranson is conservative and patriotic, and poor preemie Josie singing her little heart out will bring folks to tears. Maybe she can get a show in Branson and have a family act like the Osmonds. They can wear those awful, sparkly outfits the Osmonds and the Brady Bunch wore in their shows in the 1970's

I think that is Michelle & Jim Bob's latest scheme to get back into the limelight. They've got all the Lost Girls, plus Mackynzie singing on the CD. If they can sell enough of them, they might be able to be the next-level-up Rodriguez family and tour bigger churches with their humble little girls singing their cute little hearts out for Jesus.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, floridamom said:

Well, Amy has been married long enough, she's 30ish, logical time if they want kids in the long run. Hope it all goes ok for her; otherwise the Duggars will blame her for not being Godly enough.

There goes the boutique.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thanks! I obviously don't read her entire entries, just what is visible without clicking on the post. I just assumed that to be a Jabbie post. Oops! ?

I hardly read her posts but I’m an insomniac and was looking for something to bore me to sleep.

• Love 2
On 10/29/2018 at 7:36 PM, babyhouseman said:

Branson is conservative and patriotic, and poor preemie Josie singing her little heart out will bring folks to tears. Maybe she can get a show in Branson and have a family act like the Osmonds. They can wear those awful, sparkly outfits the Osmonds and the Brady Bunch wore in their shows in the 1970's. 

The Osmonds and Brady Bunch danced (in crazy 70's bell bottomed fantastic outfits!).  Not sure how exciting it would be to see these semi homely folks just stand there and sing badly.  Although, if the hard of hearing is their target audience they may just do ok.  Josh wants to be Johnny Bravo but sadly he is too fat for the suit.  Maybe Jackson.

• Love 8

I can't pretend to know I've followed this  misbegotten tribe enough to know all the random J's between the cracks, but somehow it seems to me that this one took a flying leap at some point and went from a howler to an actual human being. There seems to be a spark of life in those photos. Long may it live.

• Love 19
On 11/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, Natalie68 said:

The Osmonds and Brady Bunch danced (in crazy 70's bell bottomed fantastic outfits!).  Not sure how exciting it would be to see these semi homely folks just stand there and sing badly.  Although, if the hard of hearing is their target audience they may just do ok.  Josh wants to be Johnny Bravo but sadly he is too fat for the suit.  Maybe Jackson.

Driving down the road from getting the car emissions test done earlier, I was treated to a huge electronic bilboard telling me that I could see Donny and Marie Osmond up at Foxwoods later this month. I think I'll pass. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I can't pretend to know I've followed this  misbegotten tribe enough to know all the random J's between the cracks, but somehow it seems to me that this one took a flying leap at some point and went from a howler to an actual human being. There seems to be a spark of life in those photos. Long may it live.

I was just about to say the same, and you beat me to it @Jynnan tonnix. There’s a flicker of something! Let’s hope that aside from a lopsided cupcake, his other gift won’t be a vacay at Soul Crusher University.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, drafan said:

If my parents posted those pix, one being a "birthday boy" enjoying "a treat", the other on a ride-on toy, with that message on my 16th birthday, I would've run away from home from the humiliation.

Luckily for Justin, he doesn't know any people outside his equally stunted family (and maybe a handful of equally stunted pseudo-"friends"), so there's nobody for him to be humiliated in front of....... 

If he runs true to Duggar form, he won't even realize he's been stunted or humiliated a couple years from now when he's married off to some other nutball Christian social-climbing family and sent to live and rut and reproduce mightily for JB and M's greater glory in a shack in Jim Bob's back yard. Even if, like Joyless, he feels a few pangs of doubt about the validity of The Duggar Way, Joe or another of his brainwashed weaponized siblings will step up to bring him back in line in time for his arranged marriage and his future as one of Jim Bob's perpetual toilet cleaners. "We can't wait to see what God has in store for you, Justin!" 

• Love 22

Did Justin get to go to the pawn shop to pick out a gift?  Just kidding. Hopefully that Duggar tradition has gone to the wayside.

But it looks like they still go to the Market Grille for the free birthday chocolate mess sundae.  You think they would find a new place to go on birthdays for a change.  There has to be other restaurants that gives out a free birthday dessert. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Childlike and completely dependent.  Isn't that what these so-called parents want their kids to stay, forever?  Just to validate their own existence?

How utterly and completely FUBAR.  

Which is weird when they expect them to get married so young as well. 

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, ginger90 said:

40315C75-0804-43F4-8F5A-723709524E48.png

8537A71B-04E8-4B24-A30E-CE0C970E88A2.jpeg

How could they possibly remember the day this kid was born? He was, like, number 14. By that time each birthing experience was about as distinguishable as each morning cup of coffee you've drunk for the last 20 years.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

How on earth did they get all those people plus an infant into the NICU?!

I'm screaming internally about infection control.

The Duggars do everything a bit differently, dontcha know. Rules about infection control and protecting fragile preemies don't apply to them because Jesus.

I am shocked a NICU would allow that horde.

• Love 19

I'm wondering where Josie is for her birthday. She's not in the Honduras pictures, and someone pointed out she's underage to go on the mission trip. Did they smuggle her along anyway, or did they leave her behind even though it's her birthday? She's not in the ugly sweater party pics, either...

• Love 9

I've wondered for a while if the Josie licking stuff is a food insecurity thing like Jill scoffing down food in the bathroom. Sure, she was born into a family already making TV money, but that doesn't mean they were all getting decent serving sizes., and as the littlest, even though she was the 'miracle baby' maybe she was overlooked a bit when the food went around.  When I was a kid, the easiest way to make sure my asshole brother didn't grab my food was to lick it, so he wouldn't take it.

• Love 6

I'm watching a loooong Instagram story from Amy right now and she's talking about her new clothing shop in Arkansas and online shop at shop3130.com, and she says Jessa, and maybe Jing, are going to model for her. Twice now she's said that Jessa will be modeling for her. I don't know if that means on her shop website or what. It'll be interesting to see what kind of clothes Jessa will wear.

She's saying that she and Dillon are in L.A. right now for a couple of days for some TV thing, I think.  She's also saying that she will continue working with the teen girls who are in a court-ordered facility - more like a jail, she says. It's not a group home, but a locked facility. But she's being vague about what she'll be doing with these girls going forward - she's going to "be in their lives." So it doesn't sound like she has any regular hours there anymore.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, kalamac said:

I've wondered for a while if the Josie licking stuff is a food insecurity thing like Jill scoffing down food in the bathroom. Sure, she was born into a family already making TV money, but that doesn't mean they were all getting decent serving sizes., and as the littlest, even though she was the 'miracle baby' maybe she was overlooked a bit when the food went around.  When I was a kid, the easiest way to make sure my asshole brother didn't grab my food was to lick it, so he wouldn't take it.

I may have lost the plot somewhere. Has Josie been seen licking anything lately, or was this something that happened a few years ago and has become a running joke? OTOH I know that one of the male kidults licked his plate at some recent gathering while he was engaged. So I don't think plate-licking is outside the Duggar norm, although licking other things like countertops would be. 

ETA, I wasn't a preemie, and I'm now an old woman, but I can totally relate to Josie's appearance in several respects. Especially her flyaway straggly blonde hair. That was me as a kid. Even with a normal amount of parenting and grooming my hair was often messy. It was just lightweight, fine, flyaway, somewhere between straight and actually curly, and hard to manage. Looking back, I realized that nobody else in my immediate family had hair like mine, so I don't think they really knew how to handle it. Given the Duggar scrum that Josie lives in I'm not surprised that her hair would look uncared-for, and since I think she may be a bit unique as to hair vs. her many sisters, I suspect that even regular attempts by her sister-moms to groom her hair won't keep it looking good for more than a few minutes.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm watching a loooong Instagram story from Amy right now and she's talking about her new clothing shop in Arkansas and online shop at shop3130.com, and she says Jessa, and maybe Jing, are going to model for her. Twice now she's said that Jessa will be modeling for her. I don't know if that means on her shop website or what. It'll be interesting to see what kind of clothes Jessa will wear.

She's saying that she and Dillon are in L.A. right now for a couple of days for some TV thing, I think.  She's also saying that she will continue working with the teen girls who are in a court-ordered facility - more like a jail, she says. It's not a group home, but a locked facility. But she's being vague about what she'll be doing with these girls going forward - she's going to "be in their lives." So it doesn't sound like she has any regular hours there anymore.

Okay, so I looked up her shop .... And....wow.... cognitive dissonance to the max (for me, anyway). .... 
I was wondering about that store name. And, sure enough, here's the story -- 

'About the shop

3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30“  '

And then I tried to put that "beauty is vain" thing together with some of the clothing pics on the site. Like this one, for example -- 

image.png.6756c3ec5919b20a1be6e0bc120ededb.png

Okay, "beauty is vain," Proverbs 31 woman. .... Amy? Amy? Really? Since when is she so dang religious? And what about her penchant for dressing up like "Pretty Woman." ... hmmm...

And I guess I see a FEW below-the-knee dresses. But I can't say I see a whole lot for Jessa and Jingle to model ........Or for the devoutly modest women you'd THINK that a Proverbs 31 Woman Clothing Store would want as its customers to actually buy and wear.... And how many people who want a low necked, bare-shouldered, knee-showing, hinting-at-showing-the-good-china dress like this one would think to go to a Proverbs 31 Woman Clothing Store to buy it?

Trying to pretend she's a Duggar or even a rebel Duggar sure is getting the Amester to do some weird-ass marketing, if you ask me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16