Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Josie's teeth appear to be remarkably more straight than previous photos. Perhaps she's wearing a night retainer?

Yes, I too, thought Jana's chickens all had been eaten up. Didn't Jinger say so? Of course, no explanation,... or perhaps this photo is an old one. They are notorious for posting old photos as if they happened yesterday.

• Love 4

I'm not snarking on this child's appearance. Because, she's a child. I *do* relate to her appearance because at her age I also had flyaway blonde hair that looked scraggly most of the time. None of the adults in my life had a clue how to care for or style my hair. 

I suspect that Josie's hair could be different enough from her mom's and sisters' that nobody in the TTH understands what it might take to make her hair look better. I can only hope that as she ages her hair will change to something more like the thick strong locks her sisters have. Because I really don't know that she could possibly grow that fine hair down to her butt, and we all know that in Duggarworld, growing your hair down to your butt is an absolute necessity and you will make Jesus cry if you don't, or if you cut it.

• LOL 8
On 4/10/2019 at 6:44 AM, ginger90 said:

A96F2999-F215-4CB3-B321-C40456FBFEA1.jpeg

Not that it matters but now Jana's chicken  coop  has become "Our" chicken coop.  Of course they chose to picture Josie. They couldn't have taken a picture of Jordyn on her day? 

I think Josie is going to have hair like Anna's,  growing to about mid-back. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

They are really pushing the concept of the Duggar compound being a "farm".  I wonder why this sudden shift in changing people's perceptions.

Maybe TLC told them that they needed more than Jessa being pregnant for another season?  Jana isn't courting (that we know) and who else is there to get married.  No one cares when you are pregnant with baby #3 and even if Kendra, Joy, Lauren or Abby get pregnant, we have already seen the storyline.  Jeremy and Jinger cannot carry the whole show with their move.

• Love 6
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Maybe TLC told them that they needed more than Jessa being pregnant for another season?  Jana isn't courting (that we know) and who else is there to get married.  No one cares when you are pregnant with baby #3 and even if Kendra, Joy, Lauren or Abby get pregnant, we have already seen the storyline.  Jeremy and Jinger cannot carry the whole show with their move.

Abbie getting pregnant might be interesting because viewers will want to see JD's first kid and how he handles it, but I certainly do not think any of them are interesting enough for another season.

21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

They are really pushing the concept of the Duggar compound being a "farm".  I wonder why this sudden shift in changing people's perceptions.

It gets Ma and Pa farmer back on the air.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not snarking on this child's appearance. Because, she's a child. I *do* relate to her appearance because at her age I also had flyaway blonde hair that looked scraggly most of the time. None of the adults in my life had a clue how to care for or style my hair. 

I suspect that Josie's hair could be different enough from her mom's and sisters' that nobody in the TTH understands what it might take to make her hair look better. I can only hope that as she ages her hair will change to something more like the thick strong locks her sisters have. Because I really don't know that she could possibly grow that fine hair down to her butt, and we all know that in Duggarworld, growing your hair down to your butt is an absolute necessity and you will make Jesus cry if you don't, or if you cut it.

I have very fine fly away hair. I am lucky to have natural curl in it so when I wear it shorter it looks nice. As soon as it gets to my shoulders or slightly below it turns flyaway, wispy and stops growing. I have tried for years to grow out my hair and it just won't. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's trendy. The Gaineses and their Magnolia design empire reign supreme these days, and that's all faux farm/country stuff. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Agricultural tax exemption?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

My middle daughter has wispy blonde hair, like I did as a kid. Thankfully,  she loves having a pixie cut. She gets compliments all of the time on her style (she's 4). Josie would probably look cute with a short haircut. However, not all kids like it. I always wanted long hair as a kid, no matter how thin it was. I still keep it long, but wear braids and updos most of the time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepysuzy said:

Josie would probably look cute with a short haircut. However, not all kids like it. 

I don't think Josie gets to decide what length her hair will be.

The Duggars have long been followers of Gothard, who prescribes long long hair on females. I know that the Bates family, who are leaders in IBLP (Gothard's organization), have departed in recent years from some of Gothard's rules about clothing styles. But Michelle seems to be all about keeping the girl kids covered up in several layers of clothing and IIRC all the Duggar daughters still living in the TTH have long hair. 

Josie is no doubt being taught that she is supposed to wear her hair long because that's the way Jesus and her headship wants it. Nobody will ask her what she thinks about that or if she'd prefer a different style. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I blame Chip and Joanna Gaines.  It's pretty obvious that the older girls, especially Jana, idolize them.  They have a farm and lots of animals.  And poof! Jana is posting decorating and chicken pictures on social media.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

,It can be done. My sister has always had baby fine hair and hers grew below her waist. Our grandfather liked girls having short hair, however and mom cut it. Mom said she had a mad four year old screaming at the mirror, " Dam'  Granpa, dam' Granpa!"  It never reached that length again, however.

1 minute ago, Catlyn said:

,It can be done. My sister has always had baby fine hair and hers grew below her waist. Our grandfather liked girls having short hair, however and mom cut it. Mom said she had a mad four year old screaming at the mirror, " Dam'  Granpa, dam' Granpa!"  It never reached that length again, however.

For Josie's peace of mind I hope she can grow hair to the length her headship wants. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Exactly.  For so long, we bemoaned the fact that they seemed to have so much land, and did so little with it- they could have been growing their own food and livestock instead of eating from a storehouse of canned crap.  Now suddenly it's a "farm" with a productive garden and chickens.  

9 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Should we be expecting the "Jana Duggar Collection" merchandise exclusively at Walmart Garden Center?

I would absolutely count on it!  Let's mark your words- I fully expect a line of Jana Duggar home decorating and outdoor products before long.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Those eggs look very clean for coming directly from the coop.

Unless it’s been raining and the hens have mud on their feet, the eggs would be clean. They don’t come out smeared with poop... 🙂

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

It's trendy. The Gaineses and their Magnolia design empire reign supreme these days, and that's all faux farm/country stuff. 

This trend seems like old news. How long can it last? These shows have been on for years.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I don't think Josie gets to decide what length her hair will be.

The Duggars have long been followers of Gothard, who prescribes long long hair on females. I know that the Bates family, who are leaders in IBLP (Gothard's organization), have departed in recent years from some of Gothard's rules about clothing styles. But Michelle seems to be all about keeping the girl kids covered up in several layers of clothing and IIRC all the Duggar daughters still living in the TTH have long hair. 

Josie is no doubt being taught that she is supposed to wear her hair long because that's the way Jesus and her headship wants it. Nobody will ask her what she thinks about that or if she'd prefer a different style. 

Both the Duggars and the Bates have shorten the skirts from the floor-length days. Are the unmarried girls cutting their hair short too?

I do think they're keeping Josie's hair as long as possible and the other girls have long hair, because of IBLP. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

According to Pickles, Jason and James are now at Alert for a couple months. Poor kids. Learning “skills” to use where?

I have told our (my husband included) story many times of spending a couple of hours on the ALERT campus when it was located near Watersmeet, MI in 2000 or 2001.  Then ALERT was supposedly a training site for search and rescue, though the locals rejected any requests to provide aid from ALERT.  However, young men sent there at the time, could use that training to get jobs elsewhere. What the fundie clothed women and children were doing is unknown.   I will never forget the two Jeeps with armed men showing up right after my husband went into the main office.  Chilling, though no one messed with me while I was waiting outside in the car.

While my huband was allowed to complete the reason he was there, we have never forgotten what we saw and felt while on that campus.  There is so much more, but that is the reason why I ended up posting here.  

As to what is taught now, who knows.

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Unless it’s been raining and the hens have mud on their feet, the eggs would be clean. They don’t come out smeared with poop... 🙂

Lol, often, ours do!  At least bits of it stuck on!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, the Gaines empire is just hitting it big. They are taking over the DIY Network (sob!), or to put it another way, murdering it.  

https://dlisted.com/2019/04/10/discovery-is-murdering-the-diy-network-to-make-room-for-chip-and-joanna-gaines/

Yes, they’re everywhere. I don’t know if y’all have ever seen any home decor vids on Youtube but farmhouse is everything now. You even have Dollar Tree DIYers painting black spots on white items to make them look chipped. 

I personally find the need to label a house with nouns very strange. Does one really need a sign that says toilet? How would we ever find the porch if not for the huge sign labeling it so? It’s ridiculous. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, the Gaines empire is just hitting it big. They are taking over the DIY Network (sob!), or to put it another way, murdering it.  

https://dlisted.com/2019/04/10/discovery-is-murdering-the-diy-network-to-make-room-for-chip-and-joanna-gaines/

Something something pride goeth something...

How did Jana become such a Magnolia fan?  I'm assuming it's from Pinterest since they don't watch TeeVee.

Famous Chrisitns all network, er, fellowship quite easily. They all have publicists, even the Duggars.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

How did Jana become such a Magnolia fan?  I'm assuming it's from Pinterest since they don't watch TeeVee.

Conservative Christians Cashing In. 

That's what gets the Duggs all excited, I expect. In their minds, the Lord's probably had a hand in it. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Have the rapidly balding Duggar boy singers scheduled their world tour?  Along with their undercard, the little girls singing songs from their best selling CD?

Plan B for when Counting On is cancelled (and they’ve started working on it early).

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Lucky for us we don't get that channel.  I gave up on the Gainses once I realized their beliefs were 180 degrees different than mine.

That and I watched a few of their shows once while on vacation and quickly got bored! Just not my style and it gets old fast.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Lucky for us we don't get that channel.  I gave up on the Gainses once I realized their beliefs were 180 degrees different than mine.

I watched a few episodes of Fixer Upper and got tired of it fast. I *do* have the DIY channel - on which the Gainses have never appeared - and I enjoy a lot of its programming. I almost never watch anything on HGTV anymore, while I have some favorite shows on DIY. I am SO unhappy that the Gaines Empire is acquiring DIY and will no doubt get rid of the shows I like. 

• Love 6
On 4/18/2019 at 9:03 AM, kokapetl said:

Boy captures fish.

57532961_1563730987093878_51923296780350

57317116_1563730950427215_24420270849109

That is quite the mouth full of metal that he's got there.

It's interesting that the Duggars don't believe in education and science. The adult daughters appear to receive little or no prenatal care, and very poor birthing services. There is no sign that any of the children receives well child care -- immunizations, etc. Dental visits were a big enough deal in the Duggar household for them to be episodes of their television show.

They all seem to have braces, though. They pay for the braces and the on-going care. They actually get their lazy asses out of the house to make these appointments -- which they don't seem to do for much of anything else. The braces appear to be applied and maintained by a professional rather than a Duggar who has watched an orthodontist for 20 minutes.

This is more than wanting the kids' teeth to look good on TV -- Gothard must have a thing for straight teeth.

• Love 15
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Some photos from Big Sandy: 

tumblr_pr8wadW4T81s3jtqz_1280.jpg

tumblr_pr8wacZX1k1s3jtqz_1280.jpg

tumblr_pr8wafEA8F1s3jtqz_1280.jpg

So how come it's all right for those older girls to (nearly) SHOW THEIR KNEES and wear straight skirts that almost REVEAL SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR SHAPES (!!!SHOCK HORROR !!!!) while all those poor little saps are there in the Texas heat with long bulky skirts and, insult to injury, hot leggings under the skirts as well???

It makes my flesh crawl to think of how hot that bunch of eight and nine-year-olds are with the multiple hot layers on their legs. And there are the older girls positively flaunting it by comparison. (presumably at least in part because they're in -- and on -- the market)

What a mob of stupid hypocrites the Gothardites all are. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So how come it's all right for those older girls to (nearly) SHOW THEIR KNEES and wear straight skirts that almost REVEAL SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR SHAPES (!!!SHOCK HORROR !!!!) while all those poor little saps are there in the Texas heat with long bulky skirts and, insult to injury, hot leggings under the skirts as well???

It makes my flesh crawl to think of how hot that bunch of eight and nine-year-olds are with the multiple hot layers on their legs. And there are the older girls positively flaunting it by comparison. (presumably at least in part because they're in -- and on -- the market)

What a mob of stupid hypocrites the Gothardites all are. 

I assume its because the little ones run around a lot and god forbid one of there skirts go up and these people see underwear, they'll all have a heart attack. But yes the little girls must be sweating a lot, poor things 😞 .The older girls are just there too ''teach'' and hopefully catch some boys eye. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 8