Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

How comfortable can she be when she is married to Freddy Kruger.

It's funny that you mention that because I was thinking more about Josh in this context than Derick. I watched "Leaving Neverland" last week and have been thinking about the long term repercussions of sexual abuse.

It's likely that Jill is just an awkward person to begin with, but when you add in the baggy clothing, and her emotional disconnect from her husband and children, I wonder if the abuse was more traumatic for her than she even knows or understands.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Lukeysboat said:

That bow is utterly ridiculous. I know we often talk about Jill being stuck in childhood, but that bow is just too much. TOO MUCH. I can’t get over it. 

Seriously. She is 30!!!! Or close enough to it. 30!!!!! ( I am 31, so I can attest that we are WAY TOO OLD for kiddie bows perched on top of your dang head). 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

It's funny that you mention that because I was thinking more about Josh in this context than Derick. I watched "Leaving Neverland" last week and have been thinking about the long term repercussions of sexual abuse.

It's likely that Jill is just an awkward person to begin with, but when you add in the baggy clothing, and her emotional disconnect from her husband and children, I wonder if the abuse was more traumatic for her than she even knows or understands.

She was the one that snitched on Josh when it came to Joy. Didn't Joy go to Jill first and then Jill went to MOTY and JB?

That's a pretty heavy burden to carry as a teenager. Especially since her parents did sweet fuck all about it except minimize the abuse.

Girl has needed therapy for years. She grew up in a home where emotions were repressed to begin with. Throw in a culture where failure to launch is something to ascribe to rather than something to avoid and you have disaster. Jill is going through what we all went through as kids, trying to figure out what we like/dislike and who we are. Most of us weren't married to the first man that showed interest and got pregnant on the first try while we were in the process of self discovery though. 

My advice to Jill would be to get off the internets and into therapy with a qualified counselor. But we all know that won't happen. She will just get her tongue pierced or something. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I think you've got it exactly right. Jill's not the only member of her family who can't put herself together, but I always find her photos so unpleasant. I think that she's just tremendously uncomfortable in her own skin and that really shines through in her photos.

Right on. This fits so well. 

Celebrating 1000 pages of dullard snark!  🎈 😃 🎉 

• LOL 3

Screenshot_2019-09-11-13-25-59-81.thumb.jpg.8a51244c9788a37e9eb4dc18726e3b30.jpg

Clearly Jill has taken lessons about caring for your kids from the MOTY. Accidents happen but it's the "... falling or something 🤷🏻‍♀️" bit that really gets to me. You are a stay at home mum with two kids and no obligations (study, volunteering etc) and you don't know when your kid fell on his face hard enough to do that damage? She's literally shrugging about her kid smashing his face and causing injury to himself. 

I'm not even going to start on the grammar. Heaven help those two boys with Jill as their teacher.  

And for all you waiting with baited breath to know where the ugly ass bow came from, your question has been answered! This overpriced bit of ribbon comes from none other than Chicken and Poultry. 

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

She was the one that snitched on Josh when it came to Joy. Didn't Joy go to Jill first and then Jill went to MOTY and JB?

IIRC, Josh molested Joy while all the siblings were in the same room and one of the them was reading aloud/they were doing schoolwork, and someone immediately noticed and ran to tell their parents. JB and MOTY want us to believe that it was Josh himself who ran to confess but one couldn't really figure it out from the police report. 

51 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

IIRC, Josh molested Joy while all the siblings were in the same room and one of the them was reading aloud/they were doing schoolwork, and someone immediately noticed and ran to tell their parents. JB and MOTY want us to believe that it was Josh himself who ran to confess but one couldn't really figure it out from the police report. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Screenshot_2019-09-11-13-25-59-81.thumb.jpg.8a51244c9788a37e9eb4dc18726e3b30.jpg

Clearly Jill has taken lessons about caring for your kids from the MOTY. Accidents happen but it's the "... falling or something 🤷🏻‍♀️" bit that really gets to me. You are a stay at home mum with two kids and no obligations (study, volunteering etc) and you don't know when your kid fell on his face hard enough to do that damage? She's literally shrugging about her kid smashing his face and causing injury to himself. 

I was gobsmacked when I read that. If Izzy fell or hurt himself badly enough to damage his teeth, how the hell does Jill not know the specifics? Is she really that checked out? Does Israel not feel safe confessing to his parents that he hurt himself while horsing around? I feel like the disfunction in that home is far worse than we imagined and it makes me very fearful for those boys. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Yay page 1000 for Jill and hotdog and wiener shilling!

Yeah right D dog. If your son was transgender you would not accept it. Ever. You are a bad parent for letting an uneducated Jill homeschool. 

He didn’t say he accepts her, he said he “loves” her. There’s a world of difference there. As in “love the sinner, hate the sin.”

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Madtown said:

#boymom returns to the library...3 pictures

So Jill decided to inflict her kids with "too much energy to keep at home" kids on library patrons?  What happened to letting them run around the yard outside??  They do have a yard at the new house.  And the boymom hash tag is just stupid, way to keep up with the gender stereotypes - only boys have energy.  Gah!  I feel sorry for Jill, she is trying, but her end results fall more into the "Bless her heart, she tried" camp

• Love 21
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was gobsmacked when I read that. If Izzy fell or hurt himself badly enough to damage his teeth, how the hell does Jill not know the specifics? Is she really that checked out? Does Israel not feel safe confessing to his parents that he hurt himself while horsing around? I feel like the disfunction in that home is far worse than we imagined and it makes me very fearful for those boys. 

Obviously my expertise is more on the below the waist part of the spectrum, but there is no way a minor injury from a forgotten fall caused that.  He would’ve had to have been smashed in the mouth and broken bones in his face/jaw to cause that kind of problem.

IMO, Jill is clearly lying, probably not just about what happened but also about what the dentist told her. I seem to recall some pics posted of Israel getting a dental checkup a while back, so I think he’s seen one.

I think Jill is probably just that detached as a parent: she not only would never think to ask about things that are obviously a problem, if the dentist did talk to her about it (and I can’t belive that any dentist wouldn’t), Jill wasn’t paying enough attention to remember what was said.  I also think she is not really all that bright and any intellectual curiosity she might have possessed was thoroughly destroyed at the SOTDRT.

It looks to me like Israel most likely inherited his father’s dental issues.  It’s the only thing that makes sense and I hope that, unlike Derrick, it gets addressed as soon as it is feasible to start correcting it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 24

Derek: "We have got to protect children."

Me: Of course, but from whom exactly? (I think he means protect them from transgendered people or becoming transgendered, but I don't see a threat. Rabid white evangelicals, on the other hand, . . .)

Jill: New Citrus and Circus jeans and t-shirt for trips to the library.

Me: Low rise jeans are on the way out, and I'm glad. The only advantage to Jill is that they make her boobs look higher. Very difficult to sit modestly in jeans like that.

Jill: "Dentist said it's most likely from and [sic] injury . . . falling or something." 

Me: Izzy has Derick's palate and bite problem, and she knows it. Our godly Jilly is a liar with an attitude. If she's trying to get back at the person who asked, it's a fail for her.  

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

#boymom returns to the library...3 pictures

Well, Jill just looks just awful.  She has outdone herself in finding something unflattering and sloppy.  And the literal and figurative  topper is the stupid bow!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Remember all those photos Jill posted showing Sam and Izzy balancing precariously on arms of chairs, and worse? Think of all the times Jill couldn't get herself out of bed and her boys are romping around and Jill is not there to get pictures.  I'm sure there are plenty of falls since no amount of horseplay seems to be off limits.

When I read the Instagram comment about Izzy's teeth, and Jill's reply, I got the impression they were talking about his discoloration and perhaps decay issues, not his arch and bone structure.  I know that falls can cause discoloration on baby teeth.  

My son fell on a cement step and had a discolored tooth for years until his adult teeth came in.  But I knew exactly what happened, no "or something" about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Tuesdays are library day. There are worse places she could be, so yay?

Oh Jesus Jill!  You had a cute outfit and then had to throw that effin bow into the mix!  Hint.  No one over the age of 10 should put bows in their hair.

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

In fairness, it's about 90 degrees in their part of Arkansas right now.  An inside play area is a lot more comfortable for the other moms too, so I won't slam Jill for wanting to be in A/C. 

There are about 47,512 other things I'd slam her for though.....  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Poor Izzy has a whole lot of dental work, orthodontics and possibly oral surgery in his future.  This poor child can’t catch a break. 😢

Is it just me or do his front teeth look like there is something funky going on?  Not that they are crooked but they look dirty for lack of a better descriptor.  Like maybe rotting?

51 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

When it really seems like God is leading them in circles.

I bet it chaffs Derick's wheat that Jazz was accepted into Harvard while Derick matriculates at Podunk State. 

He probably chalks it up to being part of the liberal agenda 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

One thousand pages of snark for this pair of dipshits.  Amazing!

Izzy's teeth look decayed to me.  As someone who has had more trips to the dentist than I care to remember, it's going to cost them a lot in time and money to fix, especially if he's got alignment problems like Dillweed.  It's too bad that Jilly apparently felt the need to lie about that poor child's problem.  She just seems so lackadaisical about Izzy, especially.  So sad for those boys.

• Love 12

I'm just picturing Izzy having a good time playing with the toys at the library until Jill drags him away so he can take her picture 24 times in order for her to pick the "best" one and use it as a promo for  - what do you call it - Parsley and Sage?  Who else would've taken the picture of her standing in the stacks?  I'd like to think the other patrons gave her some major side-eye, but even if they had, I doubt she'd notice.

• Love 6

I don't for a minute think a child could fall hard enough to damage his front teeth, if that's what's going on, without his stay-at-home mother knowing about it. I don't want to go to the scary scenario that Izzy knows better than to bother his parents with any injury, large or small. If the color is from plaque or decay, don't they supervise brushing? One thing is certain, Izzy needs a visit to an orthodontist sooner rather than later before he ends up in the hands of Derick's oral surgeon. Maybe Jilly is lying to protect best hubby's feelings. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That's a pretty heavy burden to carry as a teenager. Especially since her parents did sweet fuck all about it except minimize the abuse.

Girl has needed therapy for years. She grew up in a home where emotions were repressed to begin with. Throw in a culture where failure to launch is something to ascribe to rather than something to avoid and you have disaster. Jill is going through what we all went through as kids, trying to figure out what we like/dislike and who we are. Most of us weren't married to the first man that showed interest and got pregnant on the first try while we were in the process of self discovery though. 

My advice to Jill would be to get off the internets and into therapy with a qualified counselor. But we all know that won't happen. She will just get her tongue pierced or something. 

I didn't know she was the one who told on Josh.  I have to admit, this makes me view her differently.  When it came to it, she stood up for her buddy even if she didn't/couldn't stand up for herself.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't for a minute think a child could fall hard enough to damage his front teeth, if that's what's going on, without his stay-at-home mother knowing about it. I don't want to go to the scary scenario that Izzy knows better than to bother his parents with any injury, large or small. If the color is from plaque or decay, don't they supervise brushing? One thing is certain, Izzy needs a visit to an orthodontist sooner rather than later before he ends up in the hands of Derick's oral surgeon. Maybe Jilly is lying to protect best hubby's feelings. 

our daughter damaged her front teeth so many times as toddler/preschooler that the dentist advised a football helmet with a full face guard. but we always knew what fall caused the injuries. her upper front teeth were grey/blackish for several years. same child broke her collarbone twice and dislocated a shoulder once by age 4. she was not a daredevil, but sadly, very uncoordinated or unlucky.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Baby teeth can die from a bump. They'll turn gray or black. Sometimes they fall out prematurely and sometimes they stay put until the adult tooth starts to push them out.

Is that what everyone is seeing? A dark tooth? I can't really see his teeth well in that picture.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill was home sick that day? Jill was home every day.

Now, Jill had a 'stomach but', that is a very serious condition.  So, Jill got to watch events unfold on a 'little tv' at the Duggar home but Izzy is relegated to squinting at a laptop although we have seen a large-screen TV in their home.  OK then.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

I didn't know she was the one who told on Josh.  I have to admit, this makes me view her differently.  When it came to it, she stood up for her buddy even if she didn't/couldn't stand up for herself.

I agree.

I would never have thought of it this way, but if that's what she did, then good for her. I can't imagine one other person in this vile selfish family every doing anything for anyone else, much less for a sibling.

• Love 9

Question for the Americans, is it still typical for kids to talk a lot about 9-11? I didn't talk about it with my students today and they didn't ask (I mean, they weren't born until 5 years later). Either way, Izzy's what, four? What is it with these weirdos and teaching the preschool set about death, destruction and all thing sad and sin-y?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

In fairness, it's about 90 degrees in their part of Arkansas right now.  An inside play area is a lot more comfortable for the other moms too, so I won't slam Jill for wanting to be in A/C. 

There are about 47,512 other things I'd slam her for though.....  

Yeah it's been fucking brutal down here the past week or so. September has somehow been worse than July. Ugh. 

I work in a library, and I think it probably depends on the culture of the library if the kids were irritating library patrons. If it was part of a storytime program or they were in a separate kids' section, they were probably no more distracting than anyone else's kids. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah it's been fucking brutal down here the past week or so. September has somehow been worse than July. Ugh. 

I work in a library, and I think it probably depends on the culture of the library if the kids were irritating library patrons. If it was part of a storytime program or they were in a separate kids' section, they were probably no more distracting than anyone else's kids. 

I also think the boys need to interact with people other than Jill and Derick.   Storytime is a great way for them to meet other kids and adults.  They probably behave like other kids in their age brackets.  I know that every library has "that kid" who disrupts the program, but I don't see Izzy or Sam being that.  Jill just does not know how to choose her words.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I also think the boys need to interact with people other than Jill and Derick.   Storytime is a great way for them to meet other kids and adults.  They probably behave like other kids in their age brackets.  I know that every library has "that kid" who disrupts the program, but I don't see Izzy or Sam being that.  Jill just does not know how to choose her words.

Exactly. I'm so pleased she went back to the library--I really hope she makes it part of her regular weekly routine, for the kids' sakes. Also, I think it will do Jill a lot of good, too, ultimately. 

• Love 13