Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This is just weird. Why did she feel the need to post a picture her gross feet? Is Derdick teaching Izzy his foot fetish ways.

Ewwwwwww. Why??? WHY?????!!!!!!!!!!! Not every thought and moment has to be shared on social media!

daddy (or is it Papa?!) is teaching him well?!?! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Love 18

I guess because Derelict is "teaching" this to Izzy it makes it non-manupalitative behavior. Because stuff like this, gross as it is, ranks right up there with "I love you."

(edited)

No makeup? I see eyeliner and shadow on her eyes. 

Edit: she says it's leftover makeup, which means she slept in it. I guess we know why they get so many breakouts and why Jill's skin isn't aging well. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jill either needs to start wearing sunscreen or get a better skincare regimen because she is the oldest looking 26 year-old I've ever seen in my life.

I have more than 10 years on her and have fewer wrinkles.  Sunscreen and skincare are so important.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

No makeup? I see eyeliner and shadow on her eyes. 

Edit: she says it's leftover makeup, which means she slept in it. I guess we know why they get so many breakouts and why Jill's skin isn't aging well. 

Eww. I have never slept in my makeup. No matter what, makeup is thoroughly washed from my face. 

• Love 2

RE: the two photos of Jill...I see eyeliner on her eyes. If she sleeps with her make up mostly still ON her face, I can't imagine what her pillow case looks like in the morning. Yuck and yuck again. Yes, she had aged decades IMO.

Why is it that she has to state she's reading 'her bible'.....yet AGAIN? Like I said in another thread here, just how many times do these people have to read and re-read exactly the same book? Would she be a sinner if she said she was reading a magazine or a book about anything else? Izzy is so cute, I feel for that boy having such idiots for parents.

• Love 18
(edited)

On the bright side, I love the little play kitchen shown in the background.*  Maybe the boys will learn it's okay to know how to make their own sandwiches.

*of the super icky leg picture

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

When I was in college  (95-99) I worked in the dining hall for a semester. I was the only one who could get along with the woman who was in charge of the salad bar, so I did a bunch of those, relatively not gross, shifts. I had to make hummus for that and honestly, a lot of students, including me, had never had it. Up until relatively recently, the grocery stores in the area had maybe one, two flavors tops, over by the packaged deli area. I swear there was like 8 different kinds when I was there last night though. I've still never had it, the scent when I had to make industrial sized quantities back in the day has totally turned me off of ever trying it. It could be the best thing ever, but yeah, no, I'm probably never going to try it since I couldn't stand the smell. 

People tend to grow up with a local and family food influence. It amazes me that I know a 50 year old woman who sees Italian food as exotic. Granted, I'm an 40 year old Italian who lives near Cleveland, and she grew up in the middle of the state all but on a farm. She never had cannoli until 2 years ago and didn't know what chicken piccata was when she and I were planning a Christmas dinner for our Cleveland and Columbus offices at a chain restaurant in 2016. Even the in no way Italian people I know in the local area have had all these things and know what they are. Hell, I know a very, very Texas born and raised woman, who when I told her I was Italian, she instantly asked in my family was in the mob. Um, well, to be honest some were, so yeah, but for that to be the first assumption just because I'm Italian, made me shake my head in wonder. So, in the end, I do have to give it to Jill for at least branching out of the foods and experiences that were drummed into her from birth, even just a little bit. I don't see Joy making Austin and Giddy Indian food anytime soon and we saw what happened when Jana and Jessa tried to make meatballs. Hell, I'd say a good hunk of the country has never had a pierogi, and even less even know what city chicken is, both things being regional staples (FYI, city chicken is not actually chicken, it's pork). 

I will slink in here to say I have only had cannoli once.  I loved them!  Its been a million years since I did have them.  I look for them periodically but here in Santa Barbara they aren't a staple anywhere (that I know of).  I don't even recall seeing them on many menus which is a bummer (I am going to head to the Italian Grocery that has re-opened to look).  I do however know about chicken piccata (sooo yummy) and marsala (even more yummy!) etc.   I will give anyone props for trying something new.  I am getting better at it.  I have some weird phobias about meat and if anything has mayo on it, keep it away from me but anything veggie-ish I will try.  Being meat averse, I did branch out and try a really good bq joint in New Orleans and I had to take a pic of my sammie or Mr. Natalie would never have believed I ordered it myself.  While I may have my issues with some foods, I have always been able to identify vegetables :).  I CAN tell you that much to my Polish husbands chagrin, I do NOT like pierogi.  Honestly, I could have anything Mexican morning, noon, and night.  I am addicted to spice.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

My neighbor!  Anyone who doesn’t know what city chicken is has lead a sad, sad life.  As for pierogis, I’m a Polack who lived in Parma as a kid, just thinking about ‘em makes my mouth water.  On the other hand, I grew up in the 60’s and Middle Eastern foods like hummus weren’t  at Lawson’s, so I never had it until about 20 years ago when it started to become popular.  Living in a big city with a real diversity of food options is such a privilege.

Another NE Ohio neighbor here checking in! Love city chicken, Husband hates it. I am a purebred Slovak and I absolutely HATE pierogies. Apparently my mother made the best pierogis ever. My entire family, including siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, whatever, agrees. I could not hate them any more if I tried. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill sounds just like my mother.  She insist that halving a recipe causes it to taste differently.  I was a pharmacy technician in a past life where I compounded prescriptions, and I know how to do the math.  But, my mother does not believe me (story of my life).  I can half baking recipes because of my training, but mom does not believe me. 

I wonder if we worked together!  My mom always tells me my math got so much better after teching.  Your mind just starts doing the calculations automatically.  

If Jill only had someone at home to do the math for her.  Oh, wait!  Iz is only 3.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2018 at 6:54 PM, ginger90 said:

From the post mentioned above (unable to quote)

This was a family favorite in my (Jill’s) family growing up. It’s not the healthiest, but certainly makes for an easy and cheap dish when you’re trying to feed a crowd.

Makes two 9×13″ pans or one large industrial pan

2 lbs ground turkey (seasoned with onion powder, salt and pepper when cooking)

3 (2lb) bags tater tots

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

2 cans cream of chicken soup

2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk (or 3 cups milk)

Brown meat with seasonings then drain off excess liquid. Place meat in the bottom of large casserole dish. Cover with tater tots. Mix soup and milk together and pour over top of tater tots. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

C4C07067-6D50-40AD-896C-79161811D101.jpeg

Would adding spinach, or broccoli be so hard? 

My offer continues to stand for the Dullards---all they have to do is say the name and a free box of HelloFresh or Home Chef is on the way. This is literally a heart attack waiting to happen. And the fact that she claims to know how unhealthy it is, is the saddest part of all. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This is literally a heart attack waiting to happen. And the fact that she claims to know how unhealthy it is, is the saddest part of all. 

To be fair, so is pizza and I still eat pizza every once in awhile because pizza. As long as unhealthy dishes like these are not the norm in the Dullard household, as it appeared to be in the TTH, I'll give Jill a pass. Looking at her past attempts, it's like she's aware of healthy cooking and wants/tries to do it but she just isn't very good at it. Which, being brought up by Mechelle is pretty much a given.

There doesn't seem to be a tradition of actual cooking with the Duggars nor does it seem like they view food as something to be enjoyed; everything is just about heating, de-frosting, opening cans or bags and so on and then scarfing it down without much thought or enjoyment. Didn't Jessa say something about this regarding Bin; he eats slowly in order to being able to taste and savour the food, while Jessa just hoovers hers.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You're giving her way too much credit, JT. 

Oh well, at least she didn't use the word "dump" in the recipe this time.  She had several opportunities to do so but instead used words like "place" and "cover" which don't conjure up images of toilet bowls brimming full of ... anything. She'll be ready to take over for Lidyia Bastianich any day now. 

Haha, not using “dump” in a recipe is a real step up for her!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is just weird. Why did she feel the need to post a picture her gross feet? Is Derdick teaching Izzy his foot fetish ways.

We do not need to see this. Just like we didn’t need to see Derick’s leering face as he massages her feet, we don’t need to see Israel being “trained” to do it too. Very sweet of the little guy to want to do something nice for him mom, though!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

Haha, not using “dump” in a recipe is a real step up for her!

Well, given that Jill admitted that she raided Mechelle's recipe box, I imagine the language is hers, and Jill just copied it. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I see one shirt, but whatever!

And, that is one unflattering shirt!  So people just send them crap for free, in hopes of a social media shout out to boost their business?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Another NE Ohio neighbor here checking in! Love city chicken, Husband hates it. I am a purebred Slovak and I absolutely HATE pierogies. Apparently my mother made the best pierogis ever. My entire family, including siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, whatever, agrees. I could not hate them any more if I tried. 

I'm originally from there too.   My mother also supposedly makes the best pierogi (she is the only ones of her sisters and cousins that actually makes them) but I am not a fan.  But I will fight people for her sfuffed cabbage and nut roll.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, awaken said:

We do not need to see this. Just like we didn’t need to see Derick’s leering face as he massages her feet, we don’t need to see Israel being “trained” to do it too. Very sweet of the little guy to want to do something nice for him mom, though!

If she had just left out the daddy trains them hashtag, I would have found this to be a cute post, akin to my daughters wanting to brush my hair (I swear I'm not Mechelle!) when they were Izzy's age.

Adding the daddy hashtag just makes gross and creepy. Just like Derick! 

• Love 8

Happy Mother’s Day!

May 13, 2018 | Family Blog

Happy Mother’s Day to our mothers and all the moms out there!

Derick and I are both so blessed to have such amazing moms. They are so encouraging, loving, caring and inspiring. As I learn from their examples, I see so many things I need to work on and want to implement into my own parenting. Thank you ladies for being such great role models for me!

August of 2013, Derick was on a trip from Nepal (where he was working for a couple years) to Japan, when we started texting for the first time. A few days later we “met” over a Skype call, and three days later as Derick was climbing Mt. Fuji, I arranged to meet up with his mom for the first time at a Dixie Cafe in Rogers (pretty close to where I lived). And that was the beginning of our friendship!

Even though Derick and I hadn’t even met in person yet, I had the privilege of getting to know his mom and hang out with her a lot. I’d go over to their house for dinner, stop in late after delivering a baby, visit their Sunday school and church, invite her over to my family’s house, and she even took me for a drive in Derick’s car to get a milkshake! lol  I knew that if mine and Derick’s relationship continued to marriage, God would be answering yet another prayer of mine…that I’d have great in-laws!

“Mima,” as our boys call my mother-in-law now, is a constant blessing! Her joy in Jesus and outlook on life exemplifies the phrase, “When life throws you lemons, make lemonade!” We can always count on her for an encouraging word, advice, babysitting help, prayers, and much more! We realize how truly blessed we are!

Now that I’m a mom myself, I realize just how rewarding, yet hard parenting can be. I tell people all the time that I don’t know how my mom did it! She really is amazing! I have learned so much from her example and I’m always looking for ways to glean more wisdom! Recently, I had the opportunity to attend a Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group that she was speaking to…I had tagged along to several of these kind of things as a kid, but now that I’m in the “MOPS” stage of life, my perspective is totally different!

My momma taught me the importance of instilling scripture into the hearts and minds of your young children. I recently started teaching Israel some Bible verses and I was amazed at how quickly he picked up on them! Even when I was looking at homeschooling curriculum (yes, Israel just turned three but I’m just excited!), I was reminded of all the fun things my mom did with us kids to help make learning fun! It seems like no matter what I’m doing (cooking, gardening, singing, organizing, etc.), I am reminded in some way of my mom!

The greatest things I see in my mom’s life are grace, love & patience. She lives gracefully and is quick to offer grace whenever it’s needed. She is so patient with people and situations, even though things around her aren’t always perfect. She is always there for us and loves her husband and children unconditionally. And most importantly, I learn from her that to be a Christian mom (someone who has asked Jesus to forgive their sin, and asked him to take control of their life and become their “boss”) doesn’t mean you’ve got it all figured out, but just that you have a relationship with, and daily communicate with the one who does have it all figured out, Jesus Christ! My mom teaches me so much about this!

Who are the special Mothers in your life and what do they mean to you?

Here is a list my mom shared with me of, “16 Things To Pray For Your Children.” I posted this on some of my social media accounts recently, but thought I’d share it here too in case anyone missed it. I believe a preacher by the name of Tom Harmon came up with this list.

“16 Things To Pray For Your Children”

Their salvation.

Their mate.

That they would fall in love with God’s Word.

That God would keep them from evil.

That they would have a conscience void of offense before God and man.

That their character would be more valuable to them than their credentials.

That they would stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone.

That they would be kept from the love of money.

That they would be kept morally pure.

That they would have the heart of a servant.

That eternity would burn in their hearts.

That sin would always be distasteful to them and that they would be broken easily over sin.

That they would love each other.

That they would trust God with their parents and not allow rebellion to set in.

Regardless the hardship, that they may never become bitter against God.

That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls glad to be girls.

• Love 2

If this is how cathy really feels, let me point out that Deena wears pants and SHORTS, tank tops, and generally regular clothes that any other girl her age would wear. She also works and (I think?) has some sort of education. If their ilk considers her godly (which I think she is too), why does that not mean that Jill can dress like that, get an education, and work, too? Why must she live within such narrow parameters when other women in her family don't?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Even when I was looking at homeschooling curriculum (yes, Israel just turned three but I’m just excited!),

Abekka curriculum begins at age 3. But considering this is Jill that’s probably too much for her to comprehend. 

If I had a 3-year-old at home I’d definitely look into it. Mine used it in K3 and it was pretty good for introducing letters, numbers, writing, etc. There was even a bible verse for each letter of the alphabet. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Even when I was looking at homeschooling curriculum (yes, Israel just turned three but I’m just excited!),

Remember when Derick was responding to someone on Twitter and said "who says we're homeschooling?" Well, I guess Jill does.

Of course they're homeschooling, and of course Jill will use whatever curriculum her parents and Gothard say she should use. Poor Izzy and Sam. I had some small hope that Derick would want his children to have a decent education -- obviously, he doesn't give a shit.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Remember when Derick was responding to someone on Twitter and said "who says we're homeschooling?" Well, I guess Jill does.

Of course they're homeschooling, and of course Jill will use whatever curriculum her parents and Gothard say she should use. Poor Izzy and Sam. I had some small hope that Derick would want his children to have a decent education -- obviously, he doesn't give a shit.

In that case, it seems to me that Jill and Derick don't really communicate with one another. Jill assumes she will be homeschooling because that is what she did as a child, whereas Derick may not have that same assumption because HE was not homeschooled. I wonder who would win - Derick, because he's the headship, or Jill, because she's more hands-on with the kiddos?

5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

In that case, it seems to me that Jill and Derick don't really communicate with one another. Jill assumes she will be homeschooling because that is what she did as a child, whereas Derick may not have that same assumption because HE was not homeschooled. I wonder who would win - Derick, because he's the headship, or Jill, because she's more hands-on with the kiddos?

It seems like the Duggar way has always won out, but now that Derelict's on the skids with Boob, maybe he'll assert his authoritah (thank you, South Park) and insist his boys get a real education. Jill raised Joy and Joy's a freaking moron. The future does not bode well for Izzy and Sam if their schooling is left to a woman who can't even divide a recipe in half.

• Love 19

ugust of 2013, Derick was on a trip from Nepal (where he was working for a couple years)

I’d go over to their house for dinner, stop in late after delivering a baby,

Ha! Ha! Ha! Delusional Grifters.

• Love 12
(edited)

Jill can't do simple math or write a simple blog post without multiple grammatical errors. Good luck getting even one son into OSU to carry on the Pistol Pete legacy.

Edited by Sew Sumi
My phone is being a bitch
  • Love 13

That entire blog post was a total rehash of crap they’ve posted and had on the show over and over, over the years.  We all know their courtship story and about their godly mothers.  Not an original thought in their heads. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:
  5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

ugust of 2013, Derick was on a trip from Nepal (where he was working for a couple years)

FINALLY, this is the admission that Derick was NOT in Nepal as a missionary.  Like he says on LinkedIn, he was in Nepal as a tour guide for volunteer groups. Derick has never been a real missionary anywhere; he only played one on TV.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

Ha! Ha! Ha! Delusional Grifters.

Exactly. Any random person reading Jill's crap might actually think they each had a real job and were truly legit employees doing legit work somewhere. Nope. Derick was doing.... well, what was he actually doing? I'm not sure other than trying to convert the poor Nepali people who more then likely were doing their best to ignore and avoid him. Jill was watching a poor woman receive substandard medical care and advice and be a potential witness to a death or two. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm originally from there too.   My mother also supposedly makes the best pierogi (she is the only ones of her sisters and cousins that actually makes them) but I am not a fan.  But I will fight people for her sfuffed cabbage and nut roll.

My father always said a marriage wasn’t legal unless they served kapuska( stuffed cabbage) at the reception.  And one of my earliest memories is of my grandma rolling out the dough for potica (nut roll) on her kitchen table.

• Love 2

Even if they don't want to send their kids to an ebil public school, couldn't they find a decent conservative Christian school in the area? Home schooling is not the only alternative. Derrick has to recognize that Jill is not equipped to teach those children. 

I guess Christian school would cost money, though. They might have to get real jobs to be able to afford it, so of course it's out of the question.  Screw Israel and Sam's futures.  It's Jill and Derrick being free to do nothing all day that really matters, apparently.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Even if they don't want to send their kids to an ebil public school, couldn't they find a decent conservative Christian school in the area? Home schooling is not the only alternative. Derrick has to recognize that Jill is not equipped to teach those children. 

I guess Christian school would cost money, though. They might have to get real jobs to be able to afford it, so of course it's out of the question.  Screw Israel and Sam's futures.  It's Jill and Derrick being free to do nothing all day that really matters, apparently.

In some Christian schools, missionaries get a discount etc.

I'm SURE Derick is angling for a free education for the kids.   Didn't Jill speak at some Christian school in the area?  The one Jim Bob went to? A famous Alumni grandchild and a missionary.  Honestly, this is probably the best scenario for the Dillard boys.  I am a homeschooler but I do think the boys would be better off at a Christian school. Jill and Derick seem a bit unstable to me...

• Love 4