Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I seriously wonder if he's trying to get them all to quit TLC.  Is he trying to shame Boob and Michelle et al? We know that their brand of fundie is really really preoccupied with homosexuality and gender non-conforming people.  They seriously think this is a top-of-the-list problem, and the fact that people are like OPEN and ACCEPTED is the worst part! Id the ebil gayz would stay in the closet and be ashamed, well, OK then.  But OUT and HAPPY = big problem.

Anyone familiar with the fundie mindset know why? Like, is it a impediment to the second coming? I know that's why they support Israel.... 

• Love 8

Is this the Duggar version of a Chinese stir-fry? Because it sounds a bit like what stir-fry would be like if you removed most of the vegetables and all of the flavours except soy.

I wonder if Jill knows what ginger actually is, aside from her sister.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

What was this in response to?

The Bates show is on UP TV. I doubt they'll take the Duggars after multiple scandals from Josh and a crazy son in law. I've checked out the channel a few times and it consists of Lifetime type movies and reruns of 90s shows. The Bates' show is apparently their highest rated show. Even if they do get picked up by them, they won't get as much money as they get from TLC. Also, he's not even part of the show anymore idk why he's even speaking on the fate of it.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Also, he's not even part of the show anymore idk why he's even speaking on the fate of it.

If the Duggars were on UP, I think Derick would return to the show in a heartbeat if they would have him. Below is a quote from the About section on UP TV's website:

UP also offers an exclusive subscription video on demand (SVOD) service called UP Faith & Family, that super serves the millions of Americans who seek entertainment that affirms their faith and family values.

• Love 6

Please correct me if I'm missing something here but Derick had some nerve boo-hooing about people who have never met him criticizing him and his actions. Well, from what I can tell, isn't that exactly what he is doing with Jazz and now with Nate & Jeremiah? When did he meet them?...um, let's see, NEVER. Be quiet, Derick.

Another thing that is just wrong of DDD, IMO, is when he called their family a 'travesty', I think he is also insulting their daughter, Poppy. By using the term, 'family', he is bringing this little girl in to the mix. That is quite low of him. 

His in-laws think and have thought NOTHING of being on a television network that has various programming highlighting all walks of life. Why does he have a problem with it? Jim Bob and Michelle didn't mind one bit and now his sisters in law mind even less as they're skipping all the way to the bank to cash the checks. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Considering many people told her this looks so good, Jill has a future in “recipes “..........

Let’s see, go to the supermarket.....dump a box in your cart......

Why is she basically taking a picture of her crotch?

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

That would be great if they moved to the UP channel.  They would have a much smaller audience.

And make much, much less money.  We applaud the Bates’ work ethic since most of them seem to have real jobs; but I expect the main reason they’ve got side gigs is because their show doesn’t pay as well as Counting On and hasn’t lead to the paid public appearances, books, etc that the Duggars have gotten.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I don't think I have ever disliked someone so much that when I see their face or hear their name --- I taste actual bile in my mouth. But this Douchebag does it every. single. time. I figured out his gagging issue ... he brings it on himself by looking in the mirror or reading/hearing his own tripe. I would literally rather eat a bowl of scabs that I thought were Frosted Flakes than see/hear anything else from this gigantic waste of space again. 

I am a lesbian. My wife and I have adopted several kids. All of them are special needs and all but ONE came from "Christian" homes that could not raise them due to their disabilities. So he can spare me.

First of all I applaud you for adopting special needs kids. You and your partner are definitely better people than Derelict and Cling Along Jill. I have a cousin who is gay. He and his partner are nice hard working men who thinks of others and have kids and grandchildren. The thing that makes me angry is the fact they opened a small restaurant/bar in a small Montana town, but they were not accepted by some of town's people because they are gay. I am sure Derelict and the Duggars would have been leading the cause to get rid of them because *gasp* they are evil heathens who may molest a child. It makes me sick when Derelict goes on his anti gays and lesbians rants and goes along with his in-law's hatred of certain groups of people they label sex offenders while hiding the fact their own son were molesting four of their daughters, and one of the victims was Derelict's own wife. My cousin and his partner decided to put their business up for sale and move to another town because of the hatred they were dealing with. They both have done more with their lives than Derelict, Jill and all the Duggars put together. Bunch of lazy, obnoxious, know it all, hypocritical bigots *looking at JB, Michelle, Josh and Derelict the most*

Edited by bigskygirl
13 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why do Jill's so-called recipes always contain the word "dump" in them?  Is that her way of warning people the finished product will look like shit or something?

LOL, why do they say "taking a dump" when you're leaving something?

@Celia Rubenstein, you made my morning! <3

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I don't think I have ever disliked someone so much that when I see their face or hear their name --- I taste actual bile in my mouth. But this Douchebag does it every. single. time. I figured out his gagging issue ... he brings it on himself by looking in the mirror or reading/hearing his own tripe. I would literally rather eat a bowl of scabs that I thought were Frosted Flakes than see/hear anything else from this gigantic waste of space again. 

I am a lesbian. My wife and I have adopted several kids. All of them are special needs and all but ONE came from "Christian" homes that could not raise them due to their disabilities. So he can spare me.

I wish you and your wife many years of happiness   like you i get sick from Derrick And Jill 

• Love 9

I admit I feel bad for Jill because her parents are idiots, and she suffered at the hands of JB, Michelle, and Josh. She is also married to a class A moron with the sensitivity of a wet washcloth sitting in dirty water for a few days, but when it comes to her so-called midwife work, pretending to be saving evil heathens, and the lack of intelligence when it comes to her pregnancy and the way she is raising her children, my patience and sympathy slowly slips away.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, cdp73 said:

Why is she basically taking a picture of her crotch?

IIRC, there's a similar picture in the recipe for Chicken & dumplings or soup.  Someone is balancing a bowl of the finished product on their lap.  Very appetizing.

If anyone is interested, there is a recipe for Sauted Green Beans following the one for Carrots & onion.

• Love 3

Jill's recipes remind me of a Paula Deen recipe for English peas she posted on her site that got tons of funny and wtf comments. Screenshot_20180430-091238.thumb.jpg.53c4a24ab5ee802ca9012d91707cf586.jpg

I noticed derdick deleted the post where he threatened to sue People magazine for libel. Then posted this video as damage control, which got tons of negative comments.

• Love 3

After Sam was born, TLC sent a photographer to the hospital and took pictures. The only one I remember clearly is Jill holding Sam while brushing her hair out of the way. Does anyone remember if Derick is in any of those photos? That would have been after May 31st, Derick’s stayed date of separation from TLC. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am 99% sure that Dill was in the photo.  I recall looking closely at Jill because she looked so different, but I think he was standing over her and gazing at Sam.

Google Sam Dillard TLC. Derick is in about half of the 20 pictures, including the one described above and one of Derick with Sam in the NICU.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am 99% sure that Dill was in the photo.  I recall looking closely at Jill because she looked so different, but I think he was standing over her and gazing at Sam.

Was it this one? It says property of Dillard Family but they gave TLC permission to use it. The People announcement of Sam's birth also has pictures with the Dillard Family watermark but underneath the picture it says "Courtesy TLC".

Screenshot_20180430-110356-1024x1478-512x739.jpg.fe93500053f6d71178605cb4e563d270.jpg

http://people.com/tv/jill-derick-dillard-new-photos-baby-samuel/

• Love 3

One thing that has been bothering about Derick's Twitter rampage, is his response about what if Izzy or Sam was gay.  He claims that he would love the child, but I don't buy that.  He would force the child to undergo conversion therapy (or whatever name it will be rebranded 10+ years from now).  If the child refuses, Derick will cut off all contact.  I watch enough of RuPaul's Drag Race to know what will happen. 

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So Jill has an iphone and that looks like an ipad, but the Dillards were never compensated for their work on TLC?  I'm sure their Cross Church housing comes with wifi, and many people receive electronics as gifts, but I'm not buying it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Personally, I think Israel (and Sam) would be happier living with Nate and Jeremiah...

Agree.  I could be happy living with Nate and Jeremiah!! If I could bring Mr. lookeyloo along.   

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

This must be part of the "new direction" Derick was talking about:  After four years of marriage, Jill is learning how to cook.  Stay tuned for next week's posting when Jill shares her recipe for baked potatoes by turning the oven on and dumping the potatoes in.

Where they will probably explode because she didn't poke holes in them first.

I suck at multi-quoting.

Like Derrick would ever qualify to be a judge!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, floridamom said:

Derick, then get a real job. Perhaps Jill will let you eat your lunch 'on your own'.

Like Jill would run the risk of another woman making her man a sandwich!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Personally, I think Israel (and Sam) would be happier living with Nate and Jeremiah...

They would most certainly be encouraged to be independent at the appropriate age, free thinking, and loving.  Sad that those two idiots Dillweed and Jill, will raise them just the opposite.

Edited by xwordfanatik
to clarify Dildo and wife as idiots,
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, zoomama said:

was anyone but me bothered by the fact that derrick did not even TRY to cover his mouth when he sneezed in the hammock?

Thank you. I am glad I was not the only one who noticed.

Derick and Jill have had so many "scandals" it's hard to keep track. I think one of the main things they did before they were kicked off TLC was all that asking for the donations.  People were mad celebrities asked for money to be missionaires and weren't sure where their money was going. Jill and Derick kept coming back to the States for one reason or another. It was hard to explain how that money went to central America. 

I think this all boils down to money. Derick expected them and/or his in-laws to either pay all the medical bills and help pay what insurance couldn't. He also expected to be making a lot as a tv star. Heck, he reached out to JB partly in the hopes of getting his career as missionary funded. I wonder if JB gave him anything before he arranged a marriage with Jill.  If (and it's a big if) JB gave him money, it probably wasn't that much. That should have been your first clue, Derick.

I think Derick sees that Jazz and her family and Nate and his family have a lot more money than he and his family and it angers him. He thinks they get it all from TLC and TLC pays them better than they did him. I know Nate and Jer have their own business and the Jennings probably have money from other sources.  And then there's the fact the families are a lot smaller than the sprawling Duggar family so that increases the TLC money.

Derick and Jill seem to have had money medical bills and need for money than the other kids. I wonder if that's why he's complaining the most. If one of the couples suddenly needed money (hopefully for nothing bad), maybe we would hear some of the other kidadults complaining. 

I can't see Jill and Derick getting a new show on Uptv. They're too controversial among reasons.  Between Derick's rants and Jill's midwifery (which could potentially cause a law suit; unlikely but possible) why bother? There are plenty of cute kids in the world whose parents have it more together.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Derick and Jill have had so many "scandals" it's hard to keep track. I think one of the main things they did before they were kicked off TLC was all that asking for the donations.  People were mad celebrities asked for money to be missionaires and weren't sure where their money was going. Jill and Derick kept coming back to the States for one reason or another. It was hard to explain how that money went to central America. 

I think this all boils down to money. Derick expected them and/or his in-laws to either pay all the medical bills and help pay what insurance couldn't. He also expected to be making a lot as a tv star. Heck, he reached out to JB partly in the hopes of getting his career as missionary funded. I wonder if JB gave him anything before he arranged a marriage with Jill.  If (and it's a big if) JB gave him money, it probably wasn't that much. That should have been your first clue, Derick.

I think Derick sees that Jazz and her family and Nate and his family have a lot more money than he and his family and it angers him. He thinks they get it all from TLC and TLC pays them better than they did him. I know Nate and Jer have their own business and the Jennings probably have money from other sources.  And then there's the fact the families are a lot smaller than the sprawling Duggar family so that increases the TLC money.

Derick and Jill seem to have had money medical bills and need for money than the other kids. I wonder if that's why he's complaining the most. If one of the couples suddenly needed money (hopefully for nothing bad), maybe we would hear some of the other kidadults complaining. 

I can't see Jill and Derick getting a new show on Uptv. They're too controversial among reasons.  Between Derick's rants and Jill's midwifery (which could potentially cause a law suit; unlikely but possible) why bother? There are plenty of cute kids in the world whose parents have it more together.  

I'm sure TLC had both Jill and Derrick sign a non compete clause at some point.  They probably can't have a show on another network for so many years.  Especially when Counting On is still airing. 

• Love 8

Stupid mistake number one was Derick leaving a half way decent paying job at Wally World in order to go to Danger America to save heathens without money or a way to support himself, his wife, and new born baby. Stupid mistake number two he made was hoping JB and TLC were going to pay his way after he married Jill. He obviously did not think it out well at all. Stupid mistake number three was not getting a clear picture of what married life was going to be with Jill. He thought he hit the big time by marrying a Duggar daughter to further his missionary work. He probably did not factor in the fact she wanted to get married fast and start popping the kids out right and left. Throw in the fact he was secretly hoping JB and TLC would pay him and Jill when they had children without realizing the fact something could go seriously wrong during her pregnancy and delivery leading to huge medical bills. So now we head into stupid mistake number four because he thought Jill was an expert midwife who could take care of herself and the future children they may have. And now we head into stupid mistake number five or should I say the big one. He is now going after JB and TLC big time because they did not pay up according to him. He wants his cake and eat it too. His version of running off at the mouth without thinking clearly is costing him big time. He is being called out for his crap and throwing a major hissy fit because of it.

Edited by bigskygirl
mouth not month *lol*
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Was it this one? It says property of Dillard Family but they gave TLC permission to use it. The People announcement of Sam's birth also has pictures with the Dillard Family watermark but underneath the picture it says "Courtesy TLC".

Screenshot_20180430-110356-1024x1478-512x739.jpg.fe93500053f6d71178605cb4e563d270.jpg

http://people.com/tv/jill-derick-dillard-new-photos-baby-samuel/

One of you unblocked Tweeters need to post this pic with - May 31st?

Nice catch Laurakaye and Lunera!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One thing that has been bothering about Derick's Twitter rampage, is his response about what if Izzy or Sam was gay.  He claims that he would love the child, but I don't buy that.  He would force the child to undergo conversion therapy (or whatever name it will be rebranded 10+ years from now).  If the child refuses, Derick will cut off all contact.  I watch enough of RuPaul's Drag Race to know what will happen. 

He might still love his child if he were gay, but someone should ask him if he would accept the child.  I agree with you that there is no way that he would, but I would love to see Derick’s evasive response to that question. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, toodles said:

Oh those wacky Dillards.  Drinking coffee, kids taking pictures and cooking.  Hey, look at us!!  We are just like you!

Dilllards can show all the pretty pictures they want.  Putting lipstick on a proverbial pig does not change the fact that it's a pig.  No offense to pigs.  Silly Jilly is no better than her hypocrite husband.

the Dillards are hateful people and trying to pretend otherwise is no different than your friendly neighborhood criminal.  Normal on the outside but rotten on the inside.  I guess the difference is that the Dillards aren't doing anything illegal.  It's just garden variety shitty with a heapin' helpin'  of assholery.

Dear @toodles, I sent an ILY to @Celia Rubenstein, and now I must send one to you! <3

Heapin' helpin', love it!  I can just see Granny and Jed.

The Dillweeds are FUBAR.  If I were a TV exec, no way would I give them air time.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, toodles said:

Oh those wacky Dillards.  Drinking coffee, kids taking pictures and cooking.  Hey, look at us!!  We are just like you!

Dilllards can show all the pretty pictures they want.  Putting lipstick on a proverbial pig does not change the fact that it's a pig.  No offense to pigs.  Silly Jilly is no better than her hypocrite husband.

the Dillards are hateful people and trying to pretend otherwise is no different than your friendly neighborhood criminal.  Normal on the outside but rotten on the inside.  I guess the difference is that the Dillards aren't doing anything illegal.  It's just garden variety shitty with a heapin' helpin'  of assholery.

The whole family believe the same, the rest of the family have just stopped ‘advertising’ their beliefs 

I really cant believe I’m going to say this, but I’d actually prefer to speak with Der than Jer,Ben etc because I know what Der believes, whereas as the others put on a accepting front when they’re all just as small minded as each other

Disclaimer ... I don’t want to speak to any of them!

• Love 15

What a terribly unbalanced diet these people have. Carrots, onions, and rice/potatoes cooked with a ton of oil and soy sauce? Why not add some chicken, shrimp or tofu and maybe a green vegetable or two to that and have a real dinner? They can obviously afford protein, we’ve seen them cook steak often enough. And why can’t any of the Duggars eat plain vegetables? They always cover everything in some kind of sauce that has a ton of sodium. They are the type that assume they are healthy because they are thin and don’t pay any attention to whether their diet contains proper nutrients. 

Derick is just a sad little man. Get off Twitter and get a job. 

• Love 16

Derick has removed his tweet about suing People Magazine for libel for saying he was fired by TLC.  I find it very telling that Derick's mom Cathy hasn't jumped in to verify Derick's statements about TLC and wife Jill has maintained total silence about leaving Counting On.  No Duggar family member has made a statement either.  Is it any wonder that people are skeptical of Derick's version of events?

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 20