Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Well now, that sounds riveting for a two-year-old.

I looked them up on Amazon, and they are nowhere near aimed at a toddler's interest level. Maybe an 8 or 9 year old. And I'm not seeing any signs of Izzy or Sam being prodigies.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I looked them up on Amazon, and they are nowhere near aimed at a toddler's interest level. Maybe an 8 or 9 year old. And I'm not seeing any signs of Izzy or Sam being prodigies.

Cathy read them first and approved. Mother approved, what else does Derick need?

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I just love how people want to make sure they're "okay" books to read because they were written by - shock - a Mormon! But don't worry, Cathy's read them and they're okay. No worries about any Mormon ideas getting into little Evangelical minds.....

Even though I bet all of these people voted for Romney in 2012 in the general election, even though he is Mormon, because he was running against a black liberal Democrat who was okay with abortion & gay marriage (along with planning a new world order take-over and persecution of Christians and all.... /eye roll ).    Apparently practicing a different religion is scary if the practitioner is writing a children's book but as long as they're running against the Democrat....shhh, who cares. Because babies and the gays and the debil!

/ resisting the urge to gift the Dillard children with (age appropriate) books by Catholic, Jewish, and Muslim authors....to be sent in care of Ms Cathy so she can pre-approve them and all....

I cannot fathom spending all that time looking up the religion of an author before reading a book.  As a librarian, I will look up the publisher, but that is as far I will go.  Cathy and the Duggars would probably read most of what Regnery (an ultraconservative Catholic publisher) puts out. 

Also, I know the Duggars did stump for Rick Santorum back in the day. 

• Love 7
On 3/8/2018 at 8:38 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe, but it still looks as though his right eye is looking straight ahead, where his left one is almost all the way into the inner corner of the eye. Part of that may be due to the angle the photo was taken at as well, but it still looks a bit more pronounced than it should be even allowing for that and the size of the eye.

It's certainly not an unusual problem, but I hope it's addressed early if it is indeed the case.

I don't think you're wrong and I've noticed it in nearly every recent picture. It's pretty common for there to be an optical illusion, so you look to see if the light reflecting is happening in the same area in both eyes and I can't find a single recent picture of Izzy where that is happening. Sadly, I doubt the Dullard will do jack about it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I just love how people want to make sure they're "okay" books to read because they were written by - shock - a Mormon! But don't worry, Cathy's read them and they're okay. No worries about any Mormon ideas getting into little Evangelical minds.....

Even though I bet all of these people voted for Romney in 2012 in the November 2012 election (after Santorum & the others lost the nomination), even though Romney is Mormon, because he was running against a black, liberal Democrat who was okay with abortion & gay marriage (along with planning a new world order take-over and persecution of Christians and all.... /eye roll ).    Apparently practicing a different religion is scary if the practitioner is writing a children's book but as long as they're running against the Democrat....shhh, who cares. Because babies and the gays and the debil!

/ resisting the urge to gift the Dillard children with (age appropriate) books by Catholic, Jewish, and Muslim authors....to be sent in care of Ms Cathy so she can pre-approve them and all....

And Santorum was a Catholic!

• Love 5

I need tequilla.

That said, Did ya notice that Cathy mentioned that the reason Derick's teachers had this in his classrooms was because she gifted a framed copy to all of his teachers.  Gaack.

Also, this is on Derick's feed, but it's Cathy doing the broken record - It's our motto.  It's our motto.  Sigh.

Wonder if she realizes that our first "motto" E Pluribus Unum ("from many, one") was adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782 as the motto for the Seal of the United States and has been used on coins and paper money since 1795. - Actually Kill the British probably predates that one  :-)

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Wonder if she realizes that our first "motto" E Pluribus Unum ("from many, one") was adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782 as the motto for the Seal of the United States and has been used on coins and paper money since 1795. - Actually Kill the British probably predates that one  :-)

I also wouldn't use "it's our national motto!" as my sole argument. It has been the subject of a couple of court cases to determine if referencing "God" violates the idea of separation of church and state. It's not gone before the Supreme Court, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it there someday.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Wonder if she realizes that our first "motto" E Pluribus Unum ("from many, one") was adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782 as the motto for the Seal of the United States and has been used on coins and paper money since 1795.

Cathybot programming:

10 PRINT "This is our national motto."

20 GOTO 10

Theres no room in her brain for anything else.

26 minutes ago, graefin said:

Remember when we all thought Cathy was going to be a breath of fresh air?

She's more like a stale fart. I really think the late Mr. Dillard was the one that kept the family halfway in the real world. Without his influence they quickly transitioned to insufferable. I'm sure those posters were tossed the minute Cathy left campus. Nice silence from Derick about the kids going to public ( or any) school.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, graefin said:

Remember when we all thought Cathy was going to be a breath of fresh air? I see where Derick gets it from. 

Cathy is just a little starved for attention right now.  With all the Dillards now off of Counting On, she's no longer on the show either.  She misses her 15 minutes of semi-fame.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And Santorum was a Catholic!

I can't read the word "Santorum" without giggling and thinking of Dan Savage's contest for definitions. Check out Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary if you don't know what I'm referring to. 

• Love 12

Yes, but I think to me the super annoying thing about that line of tweets was that that is all she could say - It's our National Motto.  She couldn't expand or elaborate or do anything else.  She just was a parrot, and now I feel bad because I like parrots and I think I just insulted them.

• Love 18

Uh, if Cathy was giving framed "In God We Trust" posters to Dan and Derick's PUBLIC school teachers to hang in their classrooms years ago, then clearly she's always been on the verge of being a crazed fundie. Maybe she actually was always full-on crazy, or maybe the cancer pushed her over the line. But I think we can now all agree that she may have worked and worn pants, but she's never been anyone who would lead Jill into a more contemporary (i.e. liberal) outlook on life. We were all very, very wrong about Cathy and Derick. 

• Love 24

Cathy is a hate filled woman.  I'm not sure why.  I guess it's that poor, poor me, persecuted fundie complex.  She certainly doesn't reach out with love for her enemies as the Bible recommends.  She probably does "pray for those who persecute her" in the most hypocritical and public way, like offering to have coffee with those she condemns.  Well, that was her offspring, but she does that too, all via Twitter, her "ministry" of choice.  

• Love 13

Ok I cannot take this anymore.  Look at the shot of Jill "brushing" Sammy's teeth.  Can't you see that he is a boy baby version of Jessa?  He has that same mini-troll looks she did!! I see only that in all his photos ..(well, also the "Get me the hell out of here look"...)

Cathy giving  public school teachers framed "In God We Trust" posters--did she hand print the

"^ a Christian"  in between In and God??  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Ok I cannot take this anymore.  Look at the shot of Jill "brushing" Sammy's teeth.  Can't you see that he is a boy baby version of Jessa?  He has that same mini-troll looks she did!!  

You're right, he does look like Jessa - up turned nose. I was thinking the other day he looks like a little bear or a toy animal - and I don't mean that as a criticism because he's very cute right now.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, Cathy is delusional. Mention of God in public schools is a violation of the Constitution. 

In God We Trust only came into being with "under God" in the pledge of allegiance due to the fears of Communism in the 50's. Blame McCarthy.

Cathy is correct, though. In the US, In God We Trust is, in fact, our national motto.

Cathy is correct, though. In the US, In God We Trust is, in fact, our national motto.

But it doesn't say which "god."

Cathy:   " Mrs. Ali and Mr. Glickstein, here's your framed poster of "In God We Trust."  Be sure to hang it on the wall at your Madrassa, Mrs Ali and your Yeshiva, Mr. Glickstein."

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

Uh, if Cathy was giving framed "In God We Trust" posters to Dan and Derick's PUBLIC school teachers to hang in their classrooms years ago, then clearly she's always been on the verge of being a crazed fundie.

Or she's just making that up and it never really happened. It sounds a little too pat to me. I'm always amazed at the way the Duggars and their fellow "Christians" will invent stories, distort the truth and tell outright lies to cover up their misdeeds or make them selves look like they're always right. After all these years, I never believe anything they say unless there's independent verification.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

But it doesn't say which "god."

Exactly....and besides, the God in Islam is the same God as in Christianity and Judaism....

Who wants to tell Cathy that "Allah" just means God in Arabic; it's the word today's Christian Arabs use for "God"; and that Allah is the same guy as the Jewish & Christian God? So "Praise Allah" = "Praise God (the same God Cathy worships)."

But I guess that's not our nation's model....and these people are all in denial about the history of/similarities within the Abrahamic religions, since only they and their tiny little understanding/their sect can be "right."

7 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

Uh, if Cathy was giving framed "In God We Trust" posters to Dan and Derick's PUBLIC school teachers to hang in their classrooms years ago, then clearly she's always been on the verge of being a crazed fundie. Maybe she actually was always full-on crazy, or maybe the cancer pushed her over the line. But I think we can now all agree that she may have worked and worn pants, but she's never been anyone who would lead Jill into a more contemporary (i.e. liberal) outlook on life. We were all very, very wrong about Cathy and Derick. 

I don't even know how I would respond if I was a public school educator and a parent gave me a framed copy of "In God We Trust" printed out from their home laser jet as something to hang in my classroom.  I'd probably be like "Ummm, thanks..." while making a mental note that they were likely religious nutcases and wondering how quickly I could pitch it in a garbage can that wasn't on school property....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, Catfin said:

I can't read the word "Santorum" without giggling and thinking of Dan Savage's contest for definitions. Check out Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary if you don't know what I'm referring to. 

I LOVE Dan Savage!  

6 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

If I were a teacher and someone gave me this and I HAD to put it up for some stupid reason I would invite all the kids of other religions to put something up regarding theirs.  I have a fairly religious friend who usually doesn't talk about it but she sent me some FB message about keeping In God We Trust on money because ebil people want it off.  I replied Are you Fucking Serious or is this a joke?  Gave her a history lesson and them promptly took out my cash and sharpied that off every single bill.  I did that for awhile and then got bored.  Yes, I know I can act 12.  On a good day I can act 14!

• Love 19
15 hours ago, AUgirl said:

Pretty sure she thinks it’s the lady at the library who checks out your books for you....

The million dollar question should be does Jill even know what a library is. Yes, I heading to the Prayer Closet.

34 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Or she's just making that up and it never really happened. It sounds a little too pat to me. I'm always amazed at the way the Duggars and their fellow "Christians" will invent stories, distort the truth and tell outright lies to cover up their misdeeds or make them selves look like they're always right. After all these years, I never believe anything they say unless there's independent verification.

I feel like this is actually the most likely scenario - she's full of sh*t. 

• Love 9

"In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash." -- title of Jean Shepherd's story collection.  IT's where the movie "A Christmas Story" came from.  First thing I think of when I hear those words.  And it would do the Duggar-Dillards some good to read the book too.  It's very funny and they need some humor.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You obviously didn't read the entire post, in which I elaborated about WHY it's the national motto. 

I did, actually. However, why it's the national anthem doesn't change the fact that it is the national anthem. 

45 minutes ago, duggarfan said:

I did, actually. However, why it's the national anthem doesn't change the fact that it is the national anthem. 

I think it's important to note that the motto and the pledge were changed/altered due to fears of Communism. E pluribus unum  worked just fine for almost 200 years.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Spell check doesn't have unum in its vocabulary
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Repeating it over and over again isn't an argument though. People were asking her questions and she kept repeating the same, not relevant , sentence. 

Which made her sound, quite frankly, insane.

• Love 23