Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I wondered if Derrick would have went to JB if his dad was still alive. Would his dad being a law enforcement officer told him to stay clear of the Duggars because he had a feeling something was off with JB. Cathy did say she finally got a daughter when Derrick got together with Jill, but I do not see a good relationship between Cathy and Jill at all. Now Cathy is too busy defending Derrick and telling all of us God save her life. Maybe she is team Derrick when it comes for the lack of help Derrick felt he is entitled to when it came to Jill and Izzy's medical bill.

Edited by bigskygirl
Sorry for the butchering of proper English.
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

This is the same man who adamantly said he wouldn't go into debt to pay for needed car repairs, that he'd come up with the money quickly. How are medical bills any different? 

If you're refering to when JB pressing him about not going into debt while he was engaged to Jill, he also said he wouldn't go into debt for medical bills. I always thought he was telling JB what JB wanted to hear. 

• Love 8

I wonder if JimBoob ever thinks about his kids and grandkids lives after he goes to the great beyond. He's ensured they have inadequate education and no life skills like how to take care of finances, get a place to live, interview for a job. How does he expect them to survive?

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Normades said:

I wonder if JimBoob ever thinks about his kids and grandkids lives after he goes to the great beyond. He's ensured they have inadequate education and no life skills like how to take care of finances, get a place to live, interview for a job. How does he expect them to survive?

One word--Jesus.  Also, he didn't seem to care much about his kids when he wasted all that money on the failed Senate campaign.  I can't really see him caring about what will happen to his family once he is no longer with them.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Normades said:

According to JB, the older girls are taken care of because they are married. His sons have marketable skills in order to take care of their current and future families. He is the Lord of his Duggar castle, so in his pathetic mind he has taught his children well enough to survive being the fundie world. It is the real world the kiddies cannot handle well.

I think he's really delusional. I've known a couple of big homeschool families who remind me of the Duggars. In both cases, the parents were very controlling and tried to steer the kids into working for their family business. In one case, it backfired spectacularly, and I'm not sure if any of the kids are in contact with the parents. But I know they had a hard time adjusting to the real world because they had been so sheltered. 

With the other family, most of the adult kids are working with the parents. But they are pitifully uneducated and naive. I shudder to think what will happen to them if something falls through with the jobs their parents got them. I mentioned something once to the father that I knew homeschoolers who were too sheltered and had a hard time with jobs and school in the real world, and he looked so shocked. Like it had never occurred to him that it could be an issue. 

Edited to add: I know not all homeschoolers are like that. I was homeschooled myself and would like to think I'm relatively functional. ;) 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
49 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think the answer to your question is no.

I don't think he gives one second of thought to them as people in their own right. They only exist as extensions of him and as proof of his piety and masculinity.

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, Normades said:

I truly think Boob and Mechelle never considered that their kids would grow up into adults and that they themselves would age into senior citizens. I think they imagined themselves as heads of the household forever - and just never thought it through.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Normades said:

JimBoob cares about JimBoob. That is all. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Jeez, this family is like the Fundie Mafia, headed up by Jim Bob Corleone, the Godfather of course.

To be fair, I think even poor Fredo is probably more competent than Jim Bob. 

• Love 11

I hope JB is pushed around in a chair with one shoe missing like his poor dad before he finally kicks the bucket by one or more of the kids. I also hope the kids talk about the abuse they suffered at the hands of JB and Michelle. It still irks me to the day when JB said he was abused by his own father because daddy was not religious enough for him. Seriously...He has abused his children over and over again especially Josh and his four daughters he did not protect from being molested over and over again by their own brother. He also has abused his children with the lack of education and making sure they have no real life skills because *gasp* God forbid they turn better and smarter than him and Michelle. I still say Josh would have turn out to be a totally ass by himself, but I still say JB and Michelle did help him turn out like the ass he is today in some ways.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

If you're refering to when JB pressing him about not going into debt while he was engaged to Jill, he also said he wouldn't go into debt for medical bills. I always thought he was telling JB what JB wanted to hear. 

Interesting. I haven't seen the scene - just read recaps, I cant stand more than 30 seconds of them since Joshgate. A year long payment plan IS debt! I wonder if Jilly feels they were immoral to go into debt.

I wonder if JimBoob ever thinks about his kids and grandkids lives after he goes to the great beyond.

He's a narcissist, so, no. He'll have gotten his use out of them by then. His own kids and grandkids are just objects. It's like worrying about what'll happen to your favorite pair of shoes once you're dead.

• Love 3

Anybody here got an answer as to how two young adults who are just starting out would avoid going into debt for a large unthoughtof medical  bill after insurance is applied? I use unthoughtof because a C-Section is always possible. 

If your answer was ‘ask for donations’.... you see where Derick is going? 

If your answer was live in la-la-land, you think like J.B.

if your answer was accept that stuff happens, and pay it off a little at a time, you live in the real world like the rest of us. 

So, if Jill thinks their debt was immoral, she’s living in la-la-land. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The look on Derick's face says it all. He looks angry and trying not to lose his patience while someone takes the picture. Like he is working hard to not lose it right there. Jill's expression speaks volumes also. I cannot stand either one of them, but I still feel a little sorry for them.

His eyes in the messy sundae picture look like someone who is so angry but trying not to show it.  I was also looking at his left hand (going around Jill).  This is going to sound silly but the way he has his thumb touching his middle finger makes me think of someone who is giving another person the finger without it being noticeable (like when you are old enough to know what giving someone the finger is, but you are young enough that you know you would get into trouble if you did it).  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Anybody here got an answer as to how two young adults who are just starting out would avoid going into debt for a large unthoughtof medical  bill after insurance is applied? I use unthoughtof because a C-Section is always possible. 

If your answer was ‘ask for donations’.... you see where Derick is going? 

If your answer was live in la-la-land, you think like J.B.

if your answer was accept that stuff happens, and pay it off a little at a time, you live in the real world like the rest of us. 

So, if Jill thinks their debt was immoral, she’s living in la-la-land. 

Or you think your wife and/or baby may have problems during the delivery, and you actually plan ahead in case a trip to the hospital is necessary because your wife is not the well qualified midwife you and certainly she actually thinks she is.

Just bringing this over from FJ.

Building on what others have said, I think JB had an established payment agreement, likely a trust or some other kind of closely held structure, to receive monies from TLC or the production company for his family's "participation" in 19KC when Derick arrived on the scene.  JB is a wily fellow and a shrewd businessman.  It's very likely he consulted someone to ensure they were being paid in the most tax advantageous way with JB able to control the distribution of funds. 

For whatever reason, whether to curry favor with JB or because it seemed reasonable at the time it was explained, Derick agreed to it.   From his twitter comments, it seems that he suffers from "my recruiter lied to me" syndrome -- that is he feels like he was given partial or false information regarding how, when, or how much he and/or his wife would receive.  

From what little evidence we have, Ben and Jessa might also fall under this structure but Jeremy and therefore Jinger may have a separate agreement.  I wonder if that awkward conversation at the restaurant in Laredo where JB told Jeremy that Jinger likes shopping and asking if he could essentially afford a wife had anything to do with perhaps Jeremy being reticent to accept the JB/19KC compensation scheme.  

I agree.  Someone earlier or in another thread suggested that the reason Jeremy was kept under wraps longer than the other husbands was because he was working out a compensation scheme with Boob.  I thought that as well. He was the first suitor after Joshgate, so that gave him a little more negotiating power since he could create positive attention for the family.  He was also older and a more savvy negotiator to begin with.  

• Love 10

@Lady Edith, I love your post.  I would have never put that possibility together, but it does make a lot of sense (I'm a non-business minded person.)

One teeny tiny correction, if I may:  Arkansas state's abbreviation is AR.  It's AK for Alaska.  

Sorry for being anal here...

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

His eyes in the messy sundae picture look like someone who is so angry but trying not to show it.  I was also looking at his left hand (going around Jill).  This is going to sound silly but the way he has his thumb touching his middle finger makes me think of someone who is giving another person the finger without it being noticeable (like when you are old enough to know what giving someone the finger is, but you are young enough that you know you would get into trouble if you did it).  

I wonder if JB was the one taking the picture.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Temperance said:

I agree Derick should be willing to move on. 

However if the money that the kids are earning is going to some Duggar Family Ministry Business, which means they don't have access to the money they earned that is exploitation.  The kids/couples/families (like the Jill Dillards,  Jessa Seewalds, etc.) should either be paid directly by TLC or have their own family businesses that receive the money.  It's possible the kids get the same money that TLC pays to the Duggar Family Ministry Business. It seems more likely  that a portion of the money stays in the family trust where only JB has access to it.  How big a portion of the money is hard to say. JB would then be able to spend the money as he sees fit and giving it out as he wants. JB and Michelle were seemingly fired from TLC and yet rather than move on they may have found a way to profit on the new show. 

As for TLC, they have been dealing with Jim Bob Duggar for over a decade. By this point, they should know who they're dealing with.  Why did the Duggars need a reality show in the first place?

Exactly. 

Maybe its like if you get a grant at a University.  The Uni takes a certain % for overhead and then you get the rest for your research.  JB takes some for overhead since he apparently supports most of the husbands and their families.  

22 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Oh Derrick you silly man.  Don't you realize that deleting things doesn't work?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4820465/derick-dillard-threatens-to-write-a-tell-all-book-with-wife-jill-duggar/

They showed my boyfriend Shovelface Dullards tweet!!!!  Just kidding.  But I AM a fan!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He also follows the UofA Law School and Famy's sister-in-law. He also follows about twice the number of people/entities that his adjacent relatives follow. I think he's kissing ass. 

This is worth a read: 

This has all provided such entertainment I barely remember I am at work!  I realize my religious education is severely lacking, it consisted of making macaroni Jesus at Sunday School and going to church with friends, but from what I remember, God is supposed to be a loving creator.  Not an asshole windbag who judges others mightily.  I think the Duggars, including Dickweed, are doing it wrong.  I don't think they will end up where they think they will.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Thanks for the correction.  I was climbing out of the rabbit hole and trying to get ready for grocery shopping with two kids in tow.  Should I post a victory tweet?  ?

I know what grocery shopping with one kid is like, but you are a champ if you do it with two.  Two victory tweets.

I'm not on Twitter, but I like it when members here post snarkable stuff.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

Wow, I always liked Spirit in the Sky. Great song, uplifting lyrics, good beat...Why would JB object to this one? The lyrics agree completely with his beliefs.

My oh my, did I see Jilly's knees and some of her lower THIGH? Yes, her shoes don't fit. They're too big. These people contradict themselves all the time and no one formally calls them out for it. They need to explain their fashion choices. Jilly Billy has gone on TV stating that these are HER beliefs also, fashion-wise, all of it. Now she's quiet about it.  I think they're really squirrely.

Here is my BEC contribution.  Girl needs bangs.  I will add one compliment.  She is trying to dress better.  This is always said but REALLY, TLC, bring back What Not to Wear.  Even if its just a one off.  She really needs it.  She has the desire, just not the tools to pull it off.  

8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I tnink bigskygirl has the gist of the compensation pyramid. The offspring never saw a TLC check. They may have seen transfers between JBs accounts and theirs- but not as paychecks, just as gifts( so less than 14,000 a year). They may have gotten cars available to drive or houses available for residence. Most likely all in the name of JBs companies.  And only as long as they toed the line. Hence the Dillards’ move to the apartment. 

I’m guessing the offspring were all told their compensation for the show was the above plus personal items such as food, clothing, make-up, cell phones, etc. remember the girls communal closet? 

Gift cards.  That is my theory.  They all get gift cards which is how they eat/buy Walmart jazz.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In the sundae picture, Derwood has that weird thing going on where his smile doesn't reach his eyes, like with Austin.  It's creepy.  

Welp, he'd had a pretty bad day trying to martyr himself and failing miserably.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Normades said:

Isn't JB's Christian Army for after death? If so, no need to provide for them while alive, right?

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly his mother keeps defending him without seeing her son is in seriously trouble and needs help, his father is dead, his stepfather probably wants to stay clear of the whole situation in order to keep the peace with his wife, and his brother may see he is in trouble, but he has his wife and unborn child to think about. Jill is in trouble herself and trying to pretend everything is fine and dandy, and she needs her own help. JB is probably too piss off right now to see clearly, and besides he is in his own denial when it comes to his children and wife's emotional needs. Plus the fact Derrick needs to admit and get the help, but I do not see that happening either. I also do not see his sisters-in-law or brothers-in-law wanting to help him or Jill either. It is one big sad mess!

I agree with you about Derrick not having a support network.   Cathy's enabling of his behavior is doing him no favors.   What infuriates me is how no one from Cross Church seems to be reaching to help him.  They are willing to fleece Derrick out of over ten grand, but they don't seem to care about his mental health.  I can't believe that none of the "good Christian males" Derrick would be around on an almost daily basis don't see him unraveling.   But, I'm just a heathen Catholic woman, so what do i know about anything.  I could be interpreting the program at Cross Church, but ignoring someone on the precipice of a breakdown does not seem to be something a loving Christian would do.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree with you about Derrick not having a support network.   Cathy's enabling of his behavior is doing him no favors.   What infuriates me is how no one from Cross Church seems to be reaching to help him.  They are willing to fleece Derrick out of over ten grand, but they don't seem to care about his mental health.  I can't believe that none of the "good Christian males" Derrick would be around on an almost daily basis don't see him unraveling.   But, I'm just a heathen Catholic woman, so what do i know about anything.  I could be interpreting the program at Cross Church, but ignoring someone on the precipice of a breakdown does not seem to be something a loving Christian would do.

Someone could try to reach out to him, but he needs to admit he could be in serious trouble and seek the help. He thinks he has been wronged by JB and TLC. He thinks the people who do not agree with him are out to get him. The sad thing in all of this is the fact he is his own worse enemy.

So on 19KAC, the JB and Michelle family as well as the Josh and Anna family were shown in the closing credits. I assume that means they were the ones who got paid. What family/families were shown in the closing credits on Counting On?

Edited by madpsych78
ETA: Just watched the end credits of the latest episode. The answer is no one.
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think that someone at Cross Church did finally intervene, because I can't imagine that anyone else could have persuaded him to remove his Tweets and stop posting like a lunatic. He has four more months in his course at the church and he will need a good reference from them, since he probably can't get one from Walmart, TLC or SOS Ministries.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I was also looking at his left hand (going around Jill).  This is going to sound silly but the way he has his thumb touching his middle finger makes me think of someone who is giving another person the finger without it being noticeable (like when you are old enough to know what giving someone the finger is, but you are young enough that you know you would get into trouble if you did it).  

He's probably just childish enough that it's what he's actually doing, even if it's just being done subconsciously. 

20180310_204408.png

• Love 3

Wow, looks like a missed a fuckton of bullshit! 

On top of who exactly gets paid for being on the show, I keep thinking about how much the Duggars/JB get paid--whether by TLC directly or Figure 8--and thinking maybe it's more in goods and services than actual cash. Of course there's some cash involved, but, for example, the TTH. TLC paid to finish it's construction because they wanted a special out of it and it was clear that if left up to JB and the construction crew made up entirely of his children, it would be years before it was done. They also, if I remember correctly, paid for the kitchen appliances and washers and dryers. The value of all that must have been above and beyond what TLC would have paid them in money, so I think it's safe to assume that not only did JB  not get any cash for "16 Kids and Moving In," but there was possibly limited amount of money paid for a while after that (I'm unsure of the timing of subsequent specials and the regular series). I'm sure TLC pays for big events that they film...all the international honeymoons, all the family travels(except maybe the stinkbus ones), anything that's clearly done to give the family something to do like cooking classes or field trips or whatever. There must be monetary compensation, of course, but for something like the honeymoons I suspect it would be very little considering how much those trips cost. That could partly explain JB's greed (besides him just being born a greedy bastard)--there's really not that much TLC money coming in so splitting it would leave him with practically nothing. It would Derick's bitterness...he and Jill opted for a private honeymoon that they had to pay for themselves, so when they ended up with those unexpected medical bills from Israel's birth, he figured TLC should pay them just like they paid for those trips they filmed. 

Just throwing out some random thought...what so you guys think?

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 6

I think the answer is probably pretty simple.

Jim Bob controls the contracts, money, etc.  He never lets the contracts get renegotiated without being present even if the kids may be able to sign them separately (Jessa and Ben).  None of the kids are able to get enough traction to change the terms individually.

When Derick and Jill filmed the birth episode and posed for the People covers, Derick likely assumed that he could use Izzy’s publicity rights to negotiate a more favorable contract for the Dillard family.  All signs point to Josh having carved out something separate before the scandal.  Jim Bob/TLC squashed any new contracts because it’s the middle of the season.  Derick gets desperate and asks TLC to at least cover medical bills from Izzy’s birth if they won’t pay them per episode.  TLC says no.  Jim Bob twists the screws against Jill to get the publicity rights signed.

It’s clear that the move to DA was planned before the scandal broke, but I bet it was not planned before Izzy was born.  I would guess that was Derick’s way of pouting and taking his ball home from the playground.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, saylubee said:

It’s clear that the move to DA was planned before the scandal broke, but I bet it was not planned before Izzy was born.  I would guess that was Derick’s way of pouting and taking his ball home from the playground.

Israel was born on April 6, 2015.  The last 19 Kids and Counting episode aired on May 19, 2015, and then it was canceled permanently.  Do you want to know how Derick paid for the medical bills for Israel's birth?  He quit his job at Walmart (or got fired) and filed papers to start Dillard Family Ministries on June 17, 2015; then, he began asking for donations!

• Love 6

Gee, if Derick and Jill were volunteers appearing on TV for the family, why did he jeopardize his real, paying job with Walmart by taking so much time off from it? Derick really needs to grow up, get a real, good paying job and health insurance for his family and row his own boat. Then, he will really be a grow up. Until then, he's no more mature than the "Duggar 19".

• Love 10