Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Really...I mean how much worse could the actual situation be than the things we come up with? On the other hand, the phrase "you can't make this sh*t up!" wouldn't exist if that wasn't occasionally the case!

O, but I remember the innocent days of yore when we actually got quite indignant at someone for making up wild, perverted, unsubstantiated rumors about poor Josh that couldn't POSSIBLY be true. I wish so hard that Derick had a brain because, if he's really in a huff about is treatment from Boob and TLC, we could be his greatest allies. Idiot.

• Love 20
Just now, bigskygirl said:

I am tempted on sending him a tweet saying a tell all book is needed, and he could probably make more money off of it than being on TLC.

No need. Plenty of people telling him similar things already.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I did not post it on his twitter page because it was too long, but I did post this:   Admit it Derick. You were hoping TLC, JB and Jill were going to fund your missionary trips and take care of your family instead of working and earning your way in life. No one force you to be on the show. Be a real man and take care of your family.

That's great! If you want to tell him anything else, the last sentence of your previous post, "Unless JB put a gun to your head and made you get married, get your wife pregnant so fast, lose your job at Walmart, and have another child without the income to support your family, you have no one else to blame but yourself." is pure gold!

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I just read that the Bates unfollowed the Dillards on Instagram as did Chad and Erin. The saga continues. 

Correction. Chad/Erin unfollowed Jill too. 

ETA: Both Jill and Derick follow Erin/Chad. 

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

If Derick did write a book, it would be just as evasive as his Twitter posts.  If his book revealed any family secrets, Jill would up the amount of Derick's life insurance and Jim Bob would call the Alert Academy cadets and order a hit squad. 

....if Jessa didn't off him first for further derailing the fame/money train. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I feel kind of sorry for Jill. Here she thought she met the man for her.... he was somewhat bohemian, doing missionary work, but had an education. But she rushed into this and now look. Friends and family turning their backs on her. And she is stuck. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, graefin said:

He says "the point is for ppl not to assume things, like compensation or what we did or didn’t have a choice in," but it would be a reasonable assumption to make (for anyone sane, that is) that adults were compensated for a TV show they participated in, and that such participation was of their own volition and not forced, no?

How does it feel to have your choice taken away Dickweed?  Actually in your situation you are an adult who can choose yay or nay to just about anything and everything legal.  If marrying a Duggar girl takes away your choices in life can you say it was really worth it?  

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Mollie said:

If Derick did write a book, it would be just as evasive as his Twitter posts.  If his book revealed any family secrets, Jill would up the amount of Derick's life insurance and Jim Bob would call the Alert Academy cadets and order a hit squad. 

Is Jill smart enough to have life insurance for Derick? JB would tell Jill to leave Derelict and tell the rest of the family not to have anything to do with if he decided to spill the beans.

12 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Giving the girls cars was supposedly because 1. they were not allowed to work outside the home as the boys did to earn money, and 2.they worked all day at home and the boys didn’t. J.B. flat out said this when they were discussing the cars that Jana and Jill had at the time.   So I am sure that the minors did not get paid.  Whoever films this probably pays the J.B. and Michelle entertainment LLC.  They are supposed to pay their employees, but probably don’t have any listed and consider them all volunteers. The kids wil have to sue their parents to get paid. Jeremy, having been in soccer, understands the deal and probably told The Film crew they wouldn’t film if The film crew didn’t negotiate  a contract with them separately. None of those kids would have a clue. 

They pay Josie in approved number of licks to the counter.  I will see myself out...

• Love 17

I don't know....I have to wonder if this is all a publicity stunt orchestrated from JB himself to stir up interest in them again...any publicity is good publicity, after all, isn't it? He and Michelle are addicted to the attention. It wouldn't totally surprise me. I doubt that Derick would make enemies with Jim Bob.

If Jill's friends and family are 'turning their backs on her', boy, what kind of friends and family are they? This isn't a 'chritian thing' to do so a family member, is it? They forgave Josh how many times for his horrific behavior. This stuff pales in comparison...yet they're quick to write Derick and Jill off? Something doesn't add up here to me.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I feel kind of sorry for Jill. Here she thought she met the man for her.... he was somewhat bohemian, doing missionary work, but had an education. But she rushed into this and now look. Friends and family turning their backs on her. And she is stuck. 

I do feel bad for her via being molested by her own brother and having crappy parents, but she went into the marriage with her eyes wide opened. She put on her own act in order to get married herself. And the way the rest of her siblings were talking about her before she got married and fixing up the house she got from JB, I get the feeling she was not too popular among her siblings long before Derelict  came along and went oft the deep end. Plus I do not think her siblings are avoiding her like the plaque. I can understand them no liking Derelict too much, but I am sure she can see them if she wants to unless Derelict or JB strictly forbids it.

6 hours ago, graefin said:

Would be easier to get to the truth if he didn't insist on speaking in riddles, wouldn't it?

yeah start a thread (series of tweets that go together and form a narrative) and just say what you need to say. We're listening. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I don't know....I have to wonder if this is all a publicity stunt orchestrated from JB himself to stir up interest in them again...any publicity is good publicity, after all, isn't it? He and Michelle are addicted to the attention. It wouldn't totally surprise me. I doubt that Derick would make enemies with Jim Bob.

If Jill's friends and family are 'turning their backs on her', boy, what kind of friends and family are they? This isn't a 'chritian thing' to do so a family member, is it? They forgave Josh how many times for his horrific behavior. This stuff pales in comparison...yet they're quick to write Derick and Jill off? Something doesn't add up here to me.

I know what you mean but maybe Josh was excused because one, he was young, and two he "confessed" his awful sins blaming the devil etc.... Derick isn't apologizing. Now if it is publicity, I don't think its making the Duggars (or their type) look very good. 

Just now, bigskygirl said:

The plot keeps thickening. The downfall is coming gang. I hope Izzy and Sammy are going to be okay.

Worst case scenario is that Ma and Pa make Jill move home and live in the girl’s dorm for a while a la Anna. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That's great! If you want to tell him anything else, the last sentence of your previous post, "Unless JB put a gun to your head and made you get married, get your wife pregnant so fast, lose your job at Walmart, and have another child without the income to support your family, you have no one else to blame but yourself." is pure gold!

Done!

(edited)

I think things got complicated as soon as the kids (especially the girls) started marrying and now we are seeing the fallout. 

Poor Booooooooooob. All those years of isolation tactics for naught.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, amitville said:

The in laws  write You are a wonderful husband to Jill and father to Israel... no one is mentioning the baby Sam that just odd in imho

You have to click on it to get the whole message.

"Happy 29th birthday to our first son-in-law, Derick! You are a wonderful husband to Jill and father to Israel and Sam! We are very thankful for you! We hope you have a wonderful day and a blessed year!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I did not post it on his twitter page because it was too long, but I did post this:   Admit it Derick. You were hoping TLC, JB and Jill were going to fund your missionary trips and take care of your family instead of working and earning your way in life. No one force you to be on the show. Be a real man and take care of your family.

Did he block you yet?

• Love 1

He must be jealous of Jeremy.  Jeremy went up against JB and made sure that he and Jinger got what was due to them.  Unfortunately, Derick was too spineless to do that himself.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Maybe its Leave and Cleave?  The Dillards are leaving their family business so everyone is cleaving them?  That is a really stupid sounding sentence I just wrote.  Personally I find most atheists I know act in a more christian fashion that these sorts of christian's.  But they don't have tv shows so they may be doing it wrong.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

You have to click on it to get the whole message.

"Happy 29th birthday to our first son-in-law, Derick! You are a wonderful husband to Jill and father to Israel and Sam! We are very thankful for you! We hope you have a wonderful day and a blessed year!"

thank you 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, graefin said:

Are we allowed to quote from other sites? Someone posted this on FJ, and I found it a particularly astute summary:

"Derick may use words like volunteer/helping but that is a stretch from the truth. He was working for his wife's family business. Everything those kids do/did is for that one goal and JB orchestrated it all, including doling out compensation as he saw fit. Derick's beef is really with his father-in-law but he isn't coming straight out and saying it - instead he is using TLC as a straw man. I also believe that JB was selling the idea to everyone that not only were they helping their family, but that they were building a 'ministry' to get the word of Christ out to the masses through their show. It was a convenient way to insure compliance from various family members not directly under JBs headship umbrella. I think things got complicated as soon as the kids (especially the girls) started marrying and now we are seeing the fallout. Make no mistake - this is a JB/Derick clash being sold as a TLC problem. If Derick really believes that TLC is the main culprit then he is an idiot of the highest order.

Also, so Derick thinks that he wasn't exploiting his kids by having them on TV because the money derived therein was lining someone else's pockets, not his own. Kids on TV to their detriment is okay if SOMEONE else is making the money. To me this seems even worse (much more stupid) especially if you are claiming TLC made the money.  Why would you allow TLC to exploit your children for TLC's own benefit? This is a level of idiocy that makes my head spin."

Especially since he said Jazz's parents are exploiting her by having a show on TLC. He would have to be totally stupid and naïve not to believe JB was using his own children to get a show on TLC. He also has to be a special type of stupid and naïve not to believe JB was pushing for Jill and Jessa to get their own show. Derelict and JB remind me of two young bucks fighting over the herd and in their case the herd being Jill, Izzy and Sammy. The 19 kids and the grandchildren are JB's bread and butter, and he would not let anyone come in and tell him how to run the Duggar program. Derelict wanted to showcase Jill's delivery of Izzy in order to rake in a few bucks to pay their hospital bills. He is no better than JB.

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did he block you yet?

Silly question time, but how can you tell if he block a person? I can still send tweets to him, but of course, no response from him.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I have not been blocked yet (why, I am trying hard!, joke) so I tweeted that he should write a book because it sounds like he was taken advantage of by both his father in law and TLC and many would buy it and he would get paid what he deserved.  I am trying to be kind and semi supportive because this gal wants the scoop!

There ya go! Lol

43 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Cry me all the got-damn rivers, Derick. All of them. 

ETA:  La Croix is like drinking tonic water through a condom /hurk.

If I hear "wifey" or "hubby" ONE MORE DAMN TIME....

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Aja said:

I've been putting it off, but I think this might actually push me to join Twitter. My handle will be something like "transgenderisamyth" and it will be high performance-art passive aggression. "You tell them, Derick! Honestly, didn't they see the part about where you want to have coffee with Jazz? And how you repeatedly state over and over that you have some kind of job? It's amazing to me how people think they can just make all these assumptions based on...what exactly?? Blessings to your sweet family that I know everything about including what the bed you sleep in looks like!!"

i had to stop at PTV and f/b.  i only have so many hours in my day...

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Ben no longer follows Derick. He follows Jeremy and Jill but not Derick. 

Did Ben ever follow Derelict? I never got the impression that they got along. Plus, I don't find that Jessa/Jill to be close at all.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

He must be jealous of Jeremy.  Jeremy went up against JB and made sure that he and Jinger got what was due to them.  Unfortunately, Derick was too spineless to do that himself.

Guess he should have called Mama to help!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Correction. Chad/Erin unfollowed Jill too. 

ETA: Both Jill and Derick follow Erin/Chad. 

Derick is the equivalent of the person who farts in an elevator. Everyone tries to distance themselves from it but they only escape by jumping out of the first door that opens.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I had a feeling when he got married that Derick was looking for a father figure in JB. He reminded of those kids who wrote Shirley Jones/Mrs. Partridge and asked if they could join the Partridge family. Never realizing it was fictional.

I didn't predict Derick acting like this. If you had told me how Derick turned out, I would have been surprised and alarmed. Derick completely believed everything the Duggars told him about special they were. Now he's disillusioned and bitter. I always said that Jill was the most devout of Duggarism. She would never have married someone who didn't think her family was super special.  I don't think Jill knew enough about life and feelings to understand infatuation which often leads to disillusionment.

• Love 7

To be honest I don't think JB or TLC really is the bad guy here . I think the money probably went into  some Duggar Family Ministry Business and all kids were then paid a fixed amount of money as employees of that business as long as they are working for the business. Derick left/got fired  and they lost that income  but Derick  is also unwilling to get another  job . Instead he's regularly melting down on twitter.

• Love 8