Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it possible that he signed some sort of non-disclosure deal back then and is trying to drop hints that would get Jim-Bob investigated through other channels without breaking his end of it? If so, he's not exactly being subtle enough to avoid implicating himself if and when it all hits the fan, but just a thought I had...I don't really know much about how stuff like that actually works.

I would assume that TLC might have all the participants of the show sign non-disclosure agreements, but is Jim Bob smart enough for that?  He and Michelle did such a wonderful job of covering-up the first Josh scandal, that I can't see him having any new person sign a NDA.  Maybe after Joshgate I, Jeremy and Austin may have signed.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Her bar is sadly low for accomplishments isn't it.  She took 2 kids to the doctors.  Her own 2 kids.  Is she saying she hasn't taken them both to the doctor before today???  Will Jim Boob be upset at a Disney, evil heathen corporation, sticker?  Seriously Jill, that's your blow up doll face, stop it.  I like how Sammy has this look of , "WTF is wrong with this woman?  Someone get me the hell out of here!"

I know it's wrong of me to wonder but can we really be sure she took those two kids to the doctor by herself? For all we know, Jana and/or Johanna was somewhere in the office just cropped out of the shot. 

• Love 16

The trip to DA was already planned by the time the scandal broke.  Walmart may still have fired Derick, but I’m pretty sure the SOS gig was already offered.  One of the episodes that never aired due to 19K&C being cancelled (but was filmed) was Derick and Jill announcing to the family that they were becoming missionaries and moving to DA.

• Love 7

Someone is making a movie about the Unabomber. I want to suggest Derelict because after looking at a few Unabomber pictures he does look a little like the Unabomber. I am not saying he is going to turn out to be another Unabomber, but he could end up getting some money to pay off Sammy and Jill's medical bills, plus show off to the rest of the Duggar clan he was in a real feature movie instead of just being shown on TLC.

I wonder if Jills nose ring, and wearing of jeans was Derricks way of a FU to JB .  I am her headship now, and if you are not sharing $ with me, then I will do as I please

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, saylubee said:

The trip to DA was already planned by the time the scandal broke.  Walmart may still have fired Derick, but I’m pretty sure the SOS gig was already offered.  One of the episodes that never aired due to 19K&C being cancelled (but was filmed) was Derick and Jill announcing to the family that they were becoming missionaries and moving to DA.

This is true, but I still would not be surprised if he wanted TLC and JB to foot the bill for the three of them to head off to DA to be missionaries. Jill obviously had money from being on the original show, so where the heck did her money go to. Plus Derelict had some money coming in from Walmart, so where did his paychecks go to since they hardly had any major living expenses. He also had dental work done before heading off to DA.

In the case of Jill having a pierce nose and wearing pants...I think she was doing it because Jessa and Jinger were wearing pants. The family loves to compete with each other. How many kids can I have, she is wearing pants, so I have to wear pants now, my husband is better than your husband, my kids are better than your kids, I got married before you did, I got the nicer house than you did, etc. etc.

19 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I think Jill pierced her nose because a lot of Quiverfull fundies believe that piercing the left nostril will help with reproductive organs to help ease childbirth and make contractions easier. I grew up in the Quiverfull movement. My mother and all of my sisters had piercings in the left nostril. You can't tell on several of them because they wear flesh-toned or "clear" tiny studs. 

Where in the bible is that little fact found?  Or is it a <gasp> heathen custom?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Where in the bible is that little fact found?  Or is it a <gasp> heathen custom?

Pretty sure it was a custom picked up by someone in India. That, from what I've found, is where the belief originated. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Omg, the wheels are finally coming off and I am so here for this shit.

I think Derick is absolutely dying to flat-out say Boob fucked them and pocketed the TLC money, but he doesn't have the cojones to go there.

Assuming there's kernels of truth to Derick's statement, maybe he was originally fine with this "volunteer" arrangement until he started going off the reservation and Boob tightened the purse strings. I always wondered why they got booted out of the McMansion, especially considering none of the other marrieds are living there. Now, it's all starting to make sense. Of course, Derick getting a freaking job would solve their problems, but I also don't doubt Boob does all kinds of shady stuff to ensure he controls the money. The plot thickens.....

I thought they did not keep the McMansion because they were in DA. I do remember watching the last previews from the original show where Derelict was saying they are heading to DC, and JB was not a happy camper about it. Did JB said no more money if they leave? Possibly. I think JB was working on getting a show for Jill and Jessa even with while the original show was still on the air before Smuggar's molestation scandal hit the fan. The Counting On series spouted wings, but Derelict and Jill were hardly featured on the show. Did this piss off JB? Possibly. I still say JB and Derelict used each other for their own gain. JB got one of his daughters who was molested by Smugly Do Rite married off and was trying to control his new son-in-law, and Jill got pregnant right away...Bingo...JB is seeing dollar signs in his eyes. Derelict is thinking he found a sucker to fund his missions, and he was willing to go on the show as long as TLC paid his bills for him. He got a daughter from a fundie royality family, and a few extra perks along the way. The problem was he was probably fired from his job too soon, he counted his chickens before they hatched, Jill got pregnant too fast, she had a rough delivery requiring a trip to the hospital, TLC and JB were unwilling to pay his bills before he left the country, the molestation scandal hit the news, and last but not least, Jill, Derick and Izzy were hardly shown on the new show.

5 minutes ago, graefin said:

To me, the same thing could be said for Derelict. He wants others to take care of him and his family instead of getting off his lazy behind and actually take care of his family. He is definitely a narcissist himself.

Cathy is probably working on a plan to help everyone see Derelict is right, and he is being picked on. I would love to know what his step-father thinks of the whole mess. His father is probably rolling over in his grave.

Could Derick be lying so that the next time he puts up a GoFundMe, people don't attack and tell him to use the money they earned from the show? 

Or did people's reaction to the GoFundMe (or the original DONATE button) clue him in that he should have been paid? 

And, if he wasn't paid, why didn't he just tell people back then that they didn't have money from the show? 

I keep thinking of more and more questions.  Why am I spending so much mental energy on this? 

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

Could Derick be lying so that the next time he puts up a GoFundMe, people don't attack and tell him to use the money they earned from the show? 

Or did people's reaction to the GoFundMe (or the original DONATE button) clue him in that he should have been paid? 

And, if he wasn't paid, why didn't he just tell people back then that they didn't have money from the show? 

I keep thinking of more and more questions.  Why am I spending so much mental energy on this? 

It is like seeing a bad accident while you are driving. You know you should not try to watch or figure out what happen, but you cannot help yourself.

You had a choice in being on the show Derick. You are not a five year old being dragged kicking and screaming to be in front of the cameras. You and your in-laws assume a lot of things especially gays and lesbians are evil child molesters while hiding behind the fact your own brother-in-law molested four of his sisters. You sold the story of the birth of your oldest son in order to make money and then throw a major hissy fit when allegedly you were not paid for it. You expect others to pay you so you can shove your religious beliefs on others. Unless JB put a gun to your head and made you get married, get your wife pregnant so fast, lose your job at Walmart, and have another child without the income to support your family, you have no one else to blame but yourself.

4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

While #besthubbyever is losing his everloving mind on Twitter, Jill is posting a happy birthday message.

Go on Jilly Muffin , keep telling yourself how much you love the hubby . Maybe it will be true one day ... or not . 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You had a choice in being on the show Derick. You are not a five year old being dragged kicking and screaming to be in front of the cameras. You and your in-laws assume a lot of things especially gays and lesbians are evil child molesters while hiding behind the fact your own brother-in-law molested four of his sisters. You sold the story of the birth of your oldest son in order to make money and then throw a major hissy fit when allegedly you were not paid for it. You expect others to pay you so you can shove your religious beliefs on others. Unless JB put a gun to your head and made you get married, get your wife pregnant so fast, lose your job at Walmart, and have another child without the income to support your family, you have no one else to blame but yourself.

Someone should post this on Twitter. He may not answer and will probably block & delete, but at least he will see it. Not that he hasn't probably been told the same thing time and again, but this is so concise and unarguable. 1000 likes.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Her bar is sadly low for accomplishments isn't it.  She took 2 kids to the doctors.  Her own 2 kids.  Is she saying she hasn't taken them both to the doctor before today???  Will Jim Boob be upset at a Disney, evil heathen corporation, sticker?  Seriously Jill, that's your blow up doll face, stop it.  I like how Sammy has this look of , "WTF is wrong with this woman?  Someone get me the hell out of here!"

I am not good with putting pics into twitter but I will share my tater tot casserole with ANYONE willing to do a side by side of Jill and a blowup doll and tweet it to her.  

• Love 10

Did Jill pay for her own wedding or did TLC pay for it? Remember JB and Michelle said the girls' paid for their weddings and Jessa, Jinger, and Joy paid for their own honeymoon. Maybe JB told Jill and Derick I will give you the McMansion when you get married, but you are responsible for your own expenses. What happened to Jill's money for being on the show and the book she co-wrote with her sisters? Did Derelict use the money to get started in Danger America? Where is the money Derelict earn at Wally World? I mean if Jeremy and Jinger were able to put down a good size payment down on a house then I like to know where they got the money from. I do not buy Jeremy had enough money left over from playing soccer to pay for it himself. Look at Smuggar and Anna. I cannot believe he made enough money at the car lot to be able to move across the country to D.C. and find a decent house to rent without someone else helping him. Yes, he was on the show, but he was not shown much. Did Jill and Derick pay rent at the place they were staying at in DA. Where the heck did the money come from to pay for things they needed. I wonder if it was poor financial planning on Derick's part that got them into the mess they are into today, and he wants JB and TLC to cough up more money. Like I said I wondered if JB said if you take Jill and Izzy to DA, you are absolutely are on your own aka no money from TLC and the family money tree.

16 hours ago, Marigold said:

So, in summary, Derick is claiming that

1. ALL of  their appearances on the THREE shows: Counting On AND Jill & Jessa Couting On AND 19 Kids and Counting were unpaid.  They were volunteers.

I'm still confused here:

Derick thought that TLC should have helped pay for Israel's birth because they were making money off it? Derick had health insurance from Walmart.   

If that is the case they were volunteers that gave TLC permission to use their likeness via release FOR FREE.  Too late to be bitching about it now numbnuts.  By the way, maybe you ought to start consulting with real attorneys before signing anything else or god knows what else you will give them permission to do and frankly we are tired of your incessant bitching about events in which you have chosen to participate.  Cathy, please talk your son off the ledge.

16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He also said that he had a "good job." There's been no evidence that Derelict has been employed in any capacity since they returned from Danger America last May. He may be doing odd jobs for Cross Church, but with all the time he's spending on Twatter, there's no way he has a "good job" now. He has to go to class during the day, so there goes any decent full-time office job as an entry-level accountant, which is about all he's qualified to do professionally. 

Maybe he considers being a Duggar husband a job.  

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

That sounds like JB pocketed their cash. What else could "to help out" mean? They wouldn't be volunteering their time for TLC or for Jessa. The only way I can find any sense in that tweet is if JB ordered Jill and Derick to do the show and they didn't sign any contracts with TLC directly. 

Which, if true, I actually agree with Derick that would be super shady of TLC, especially since TLC has to know how authoritarian the Duggar household is. 

I would love a real behind the scenes. I can add it to my very lengthy list of reasons for hoping some of the Duggar kidults will break free. I'm now spinning a probably imaginary and incorrect story of a behind-the-scenes revolt where the kidults demanded their own contracts and access to their own cash. 

Any guesses on how long until a Duggar spawn sues JB for earnings?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Any guesses on how long until a Duggar spawn sues JB for earnings?

Lets see. JB owns the planes JD flies around, and one of the planes is supposedly a gift for JD. Jill got a really nice house when she got married. Jessa and Ben got a house when they got married, and free babysitting, and frankly their own show JB worked behind the scenes to get for her. Jessa, Jinger and Joy got nice honeymoons TLC probably paid for. Daddy helps them bring a lawsuit against the one tabloid and others related to the molestation scandal outing, and the girls are suing because of lost wages due to scandal coming out. I personally think the girls were being compensated by JB with the houses, honeymoons and a brand new show featuring the older kids especially the married daughters. He could say hey I got you a new show and other nice things, so this is your true earnings.

2 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I think Jill pierced her nose because a lot of Quiverfull fundies believe that piercing the left nostril will help with reproductive organs to help ease childbirth and make contractions easier. I grew up in the Quiverfull movement. My mother and all of my sisters had piercings in the left nostril. You can't tell on several of them because they wear flesh-toned or "clear" tiny studs. 

INTERESTING!  So there WAS a reason I chose to pierce my right nostril.  HA!

1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

*snort* ShovelFaceDullard. I’m now dead, that killed me. 

Right??!!!  Ok, who is Shovelface Duggar?  You have a gift for handle names.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

TLC isn't to blame for the Dillards not getting their fair share of the money.  Derick is faulting a media corporation for his in-laws' selfishness and own ignorance of the contract he signed.  I do feel bad for the Duggar girls because they've been exploited by Jim Bob and Michelle their entire lives.  Did the royalties for 'Growing Up Duggar' then go to the parents as well?  Jim Bob and Michelle have a lot to answer for.  This is situation is similar to Little People, Big World's Jacob Roloff where he felt cheated out of money for his appearances as a minor on the show.  Jacob refused to continue filming after he turned 18. 

I wonder if the Dillards are having a hard time paying for Sam's delivery expenses and Derick is going scorched earth because they are floundering to cover them.  I just cannot believe that he would volunteer such intimate of details of his family's life for no compensation.  Also, who would allow others to film them gagging/throwing up on the side of the road?  There had to be something there for him other than helping the Duggar family ministry.  I don't think that the truth is going to make Derick or the Duggars look good.

If I recall there was some article where JBoob was interviewed and they asked about the kids compensation and he said that they don't get it, they are just living their lives or some such horseshit.  It was a few years ago and I am sure I didn't accurately quote him but the gist was they don't get paid if they are minors.  I am sure he did some sort of shifty stuff to make sure all the funds go to the Duggar Trust for even the adult kids under the guise of tax protections or some such (again) horseshit.  Now the adults would have to agree to this and it SEEMS that only Jeremy called foul on it since Jinger seemed to have some cash for the house.  If so, high five Mr. Fundie Metrosexual!

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Someone should post this on Twitter. He may not answer and will probably block & delete, but at least he will see it. Not that he hasn't probably been told the same thing time and again, but this is so concise and unarguable. 1000 likes.

I did not post it on his twitter page because it was too long, but I did post this:   Admit it Derick. You were hoping TLC, JB and Jill were going to fund your missionary trips and take care of your family instead of working and earning your way in life. No one force you to be on the show. Be a real man and take care of your family.

2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

If I recall there was some article where JBoob was interviewed and they asked about the kids compensation and he said that they don't get it, they are just living their lives or some such horseshit.  It was a few years ago and I am sure I didn't accurately quote him but the gist was they don't get paid if they are minors.  I am sure he did some sort of shifty stuff to make sure all the funds go to the Duggar Trust for even the adult kids under the guise of tax protections or some such (again) horseshit.  Now the adults would have to agree to this and it SEEMS that only Jeremy called foul on it since Jinger seemed to have some cash for the house.  If so, high five Mr. Fundie Metrosexual!

I see your point of view, but they have said Jinger paid for her wedding and honeymoon. TLC probably did pay for the honeymoon since they did film a part of it for the show. Perks like trips can be a part of the compensation the older kids get for being on the show. I am sure there is some money involved. He may be handing out the TLC money to the married couples for housing, weddings, honeymoons, and other things as long as they are on the show. He might have told Derelict and Jill I would give you a nice house and wedding out of her earnings. Like I said I do not think Derrick looked at the big picture when it came to Jill being pregnant. He probably thought there would be no problems, and she will have a healthy pregnancy, so no worries about possible hospital costs.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I see your point of view, but they have said Jinger paid for her wedding and honeymoon. TLC probably did pay for the honeymoon since they did film a part of it for the show. Perks like trips can be a part of the compensation the older kids get for being on the show. I am sure there is some money involved. He may be handing out the TLC money to the married couples for housing, weddings, honeymoons, and other things as long as they are on the show. He might have told Derelict and Jill I would give you a nice house and wedding out of her earnings. Like I said I do not think Derrick looked at the big picture when it came to Jill being pregnant. He probably thought there would be no problems, and she will have a healthy pregnancy, so no worries about possible hospital costs.

True.  See, a tell all is needed!  All I got is my imagination and its bound to make stuff up!

• Love 4

In regards to what Derick said about the medical costs for Izzy's birth:

I think this may be possible- perhaps Jill didn't have health insurance, for whatever reason.  Or maybe she/they did but it had a high deductible. They figure it's fine, she's a "midwife," and she'll just have the baby at home without incident.  They figure they'll record it on their cell phones or whatever and TLC will air it some of their home video. 

But the birth doesn't go as smoothly as expected and Jill will have to go to the hospital for an emergency C-section. UH-OH.  Realizing they're going to have to pay a big deductible or the cost of the birth all together (if she is uninsured), Derick freaks out, quickly calls TLC/the film crew and "volunteers" his family for the special emergency footage, with the (unsaid/unwritten) expectation on his end that TLC (or at least JB) will pick up the tab for Izzy's birth/Jill's hospital stay since he's provided them with (what he probably thinks is) such great TV/a thrilling story line about an emergency involving a baby/birth.  But TLC (and/or JB), are like "Nah, you said featuring the birth was a volunteer thing when you frantically called us on the way to the hospital." 

I could totally see this narcissist angling for TLC/JB to pay his wife and child's medical bills because he "let" them film such an *interesting* story line (that he apparently thinks made him TLC boatloads of money).

Is that possible? (I don't watch the show, so I'm not exactly sure how the filming went down around Izzy's birth.)  I mean, I'm still more inclined to think JB some how gets paid/pockets the money from all the kids (even adults and spouses, except now maybe Jeremy & Jinger) than this scenario, though...because JB is shady as hell and a control freak to boot. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

"Forget it. I'm leaving now and the reason is because it's completely ridiculous to expect I'll answer any questions on Twitter even though I'm on it all day every day. That's the reason I'm leaving--not because you're getting into territory that I absolutely cannot defend. "

• Love 12
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That is some bullshit right there. I'm wondering now if Jim Bob thought that giving the girls cars was their compensation for being on the show while single. 

I hope Jeremy blew up the contracts.  I can see where Derick would be bitter that Jeremy was paid immediately while he "volunteered" a chunk of his time on camera.  Still, it was Jim Bob that was the cheat not TLC.  

I do feel for Jill if she feels responsible for their financial situation.  She was medically negligent when it came to Izzy's birth but the c-section was inevitable based on Israel's positioning. 

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 4

Someone needs to be brave and find the Jill gives birth to Izzy scenes on the show. I remember when they brought Izzy home, or the family came to see Izzy and Jill, but the birth/hospital scenes I cannot remember.

Tell then you little angry, bitter boy WRITE A DAMN BOOK. His passive-aggressive shit ticks me off. Be a man and say what you want to say. Stop being a wuss.

Yeah, that's what's ridiculous about Derick's recent line of tweets. This is the ONE thing we actually would all like from him. We're happy to not make assumptions. We just want him to tell us what actually happened. And much as I hate Quiverful, the Duggars, and Derick specifically, I agree that I would hand over actual cash in exchange. (but only after reading reviews that confirm the dirt gets dished)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

That is some bullshit right there. I'm wondering now if Jim Bob thought that giving the girls cars was their compensation for being on the show. 

I hope Jeremy blew up the contracts.  I can see where Derick would be bitter that Jeremy was paid immediately while he volunteered for a chunk of his time on camera.  Still, it was Jim Bob that was the cheat not TLC.  

I do feel for Jill if she feels responsible for their financial situation.  She was medically negligent when it came to Izzy's birth but the c-section was inevitable based on Israel's positioning. 

Out of all the Duggar "spouses" I can see Jeremy being in savvy enough to deal with JB and TLC. I also think he has his own money. 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

True.  See, a tell all is needed!  All I got is my imagination and its bound to make stuff up!

Really...I mean how much worse could the actual situation be than the things we come up with? On the other hand, the phrase "you can't make this sh*t up!" wouldn't exist if that wasn't occasionally the case!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

Yeah, that's what's ridiculous about Derick's recent line of tweets. This is the ONE thing we actually would all like from him. We're happy to not make assumptions. We just want him to tell us what actually happened.

He says "the point is for ppl not to assume things, like compensation or what we did or didn’t have a choice in," but it would be a reasonable assumption to make (for anyone sane, that is) that adults were compensated for a TV show they participated in, and that such participation was of their own volition and not forced, no?

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

WRITE THAT BOOK, Derrick. I'm not a fan and I think you're a bigoted, homophobic, idiotic jerk....but if you're gonna expose the Duggar family secrets, I will pre-order your book from Amazon.  

If Derick did write a book, it would be just as evasive as his Twitter posts.  If his book revealed any family secrets, Jill would up the amount of Derick's life insurance and Jim Bob would call the Alert Academy cadets and order a hit squad. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Giving the girls cars was supposedly because 1. they were not allowed to work outside the home as the boys did to earn money, and 2.they worked all day at home and the boys didn’t. J.B. flat out said this when they were discussing the cars that Jana and Jill had at the time.   So I am sure that the minors did not get paid.  Whoever films this probably pays the J.B. and Michelle entertainment LLC.  They are supposed to pay their employees, but probably don’t have any listed and consider them all volunteers. The kids wil have to sue their parents to get paid. Jeremy, having been in soccer, understands the deal and probably told The Film crew they wouldn’t film if The film crew didn’t negotiate  a contract with them separately. None of those kids would have a clue. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12