Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Lunera said:

It looks like they made Izzy take the picture and told him to make sure to get Jilly's stripper heels in frame.

IMO those shoes are fugly as hell, and they are EXACTLY like something a stripper would wear.  JMHO.

• Love 2

We had the same discussion over the stripper heels when she wore the exact same outfit to a wedding not that long ago. What happened to her declaring that she'd never wear heels because she liked the height difference between them? Those heels are even more racy than anything Jinger has! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is it me or are Jilly Muffin's hands bigger than Derelict's?

Hurry up with the picture, Jill stands like she has to pee. Also, if you are determined to wear those shoes at least get them a size smaller. 

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Hurry up with the picture, Jill stands like she has to pee. Also, if you are determined to wear those shoes at least get them a size smaller. 

Jill looks like she's had a loooog day; half of her eye makeup is already rubbed off, haha. Anyway, enough already with the united-front posts!

Edited by graefin

Wow, I always liked Spirit in the Sky. Great song, uplifting lyrics, good beat...Why would JB object to this one? The lyrics agree completely with his beliefs.

My oh my, did I see Jilly's knees and some of her lower THIGH? Yes, her shoes don't fit. They're too big. These people contradict themselves all the time and no one formally calls them out for it. They need to explain their fashion choices. Jilly Billy has gone on TV stating that these are HER beliefs also, fashion-wise, all of it. Now she's quiet about it.  I think they're really squirrely.

• Love 1

I think SewSumi posted a very good point. If Derick and/or Jill have never received any payments for their appearances on any TLC show they had, why are Jill and her sisters suing for lost income? This would suggest that there WAS income to begin with. I hope the defendants' lawyers see this. They really need to read this thread and question the Duggar daughters about it.  Both can't be true...either they were paid SOMEHOW, from SOMEONE, or they were never paid anything at all. Do they think compensation like trips, etc was 'pay'?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I think SewSumi posted a very good point. If Derick and/or Jill have never received any payments for their appearances on any TLC show they had, why are Jill and her sisters suing for lost income? This would suggest that there WAS income to begin with. I hope the defendants' lawyers see this. They really need to read this thread and question the Duggar daughters about it.  Both can't be true...either they were paid SOMEHOW, from SOMEONE, or they were never paid anything at all. Do they think compensation like trips, etc was 'pay'?

I think this is what happened. The girls supposedly paid for their weddings and honeymoon, but it was compensation from TLC and JB. Jill got the McMansion which obviously pissed off her siblings big time. Jessa and Ben supposedly brought the one house they live in, but I think they got it as compensation from you know who. Jessa, Jinger and Joy all got a nice honeymoon paid for by TLC and JB. I think the lawsuit is all JB because he has a lot more mouths to feed after the Smuggar molestation scandal has come to light. I seriously doubt they will get the millions they are asking for. It will probably take years for any type of settlement to come, and they will be lucky to get a big amount. JB probably will tell the girls let daddy take care of the settlement money. It all comes down to greed on JB's part. I think JB and Derelict are two peas in a pod.

Edited by bigskygirl

I tnink bigskygirl has the gist of the compensation pyramid. The offspring never saw a TLC check. They may have seen transfers between JBs accounts and theirs- but not as paychecks, just as gifts( so less than 14,000 a year). They may have gotten cars available to drive or houses available for residence. Most likely all in the name of JBs companies.  And only as long as they toed the line. Hence the Dillards’ move to the apartment. 

I’m guessing the offspring were all told their compensation for the show was the above plus personal items such as food, clothing, make-up, cell phones, etc. remember the girls communal closet? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6

I'm conflicted about derwood writing the tell all. I want it to come from one of the older kids who lived through all the craziness. I really want Jimboob and MEscelle to be fully exposed for their greed and abuse. I've always hoped Joshley would get fed up and do it. He could leave Anna, provide money for his kids and tour stripclubs. It's a win-win for everyone!

• Love 7

To be honest about it, if Smuggly Do Rite wrote a book, I would like to see some of the money go to his four sisters because they were his victims and go to Anna and the kids because they were his victims in a round about way also. He should not benefit for writing a tell all book about what happened behind close doors especially when he tried to sue the one magazine and the local law enforcement department because they spill the beans on his nasty dirty secret. He was the victim of poor parenting, but he certainly was not a victim when it came to what he did to his own sisters, and his wife and children. Now if he took a part of the money and got some real professional counseling for himself, the sisters he molested, Anna and his kids, then I would start to show a little respect for him. In my book (sorry bad pun,) he is just as greedy and narcissistic as his parents.

In the case of Derelict expected JB and TLC to pay for Jill and Izzy's medical bills. Who went to TLC when Jill went to the hospital because she was having a tough delivery? Was it JB or Derelict? Did Derelict not understand how he and Jill would be compensated? Did he not understand it was really TLC and JB paid for their wedding through compensation? Did he really believe JB gave them the McMansion for a wedding present and not compensation from JB and TLC money?

I want to know how they figure each person who was in the episodes were paid? Were the kids who were featured more get more money aka more compensation?

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Were the kids who were featured more get more money aka more compensation?

My guess would be no. I think the money was distributed as J.B. saw fit.  Meaning whatever bills came due were paid. Meaning whatever car or house was needed next got bought.  

• Love 9

I think there need to be some changes in how kids in reality shows are paid. It's unfair that kids like the Duggars, Kate +8, Honey Boo Boo, etc. are exploited and their parents control the profits.

• Love 23

That also occurs on scripted shows. Every so often you see a court battle because a child stars’ money was all spent by the parents and agents and there’s none left when the child grows up. We even see it with athletes because their money manager spent all the money. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

“Veiled threat”?  Where and what?  All I saw was a short, generic birthday wish.

I think @Marigold said it better than I did.   

12 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'm exhausted trying to keep up with Derick and His Delusional Tweets.

I really think his "tell all book" comment was a veiled threat to Jim Bob, who returned fire 29 minutes later with his birthday tweet.

Derick will be the one to take down the Duggars. 

It seemed clear that as soon as Dumbass Dullard twatted about writing a book, JB came right back at him.   Was it just a happy birthday tweet?  Perhaps, but I seriously doubt it.  It was more of an "I see you, Derick and you better get back in line."   To further prove that, after JB posted it, Derick went on a deleting spree.   You know, cuz once you delete it, it's gone forever as though it never happened.   <massive eyeroll>

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

That also occurs on scripted shows. Every so often you see a court battle because a child stars’ money was all spent by the parents and agents and there’s none left when the child grows up. We even see it with athletes because their money manager spent all the money. 

Yes, but there is Coogan's Law which offers some protection. Kids on reality shows have nothing. Of course you're right that bad things happen and you must be vigilant to protect yourself. I just think kids on reality shows really get a raw deal, especially if they have nitwit, narcissistic parents. Which, let's face it, most do.

• Love 17

I don't understand why Derick would go to TLC for help with Izzy's medical bills if JB or Duggar, LLC or whatever is being paid. Why wouldn't he and Jill go to JB?  They were given McMansion 1, then left for El Salvador and returned to McMansion 2 and supposedly moved out of #2 for the in-residence mission school. Izzy's medical bills would have been paid off by the time they were in McMansion #2.

And supposedly the older Duggar boys bought Jinger a car as a wedding gift. Both Jill and Jessa stated that JB gave them a lump sum of money for their weddings. And Jessa opted to use Jill's wedding decorations for her own to have money left over for her honeymoon. Jill went to N Carolina or something and Jessa went to Europe.

Jing & Jer either had a huge chunk of cash and/or qualified for a mortgage. I'm guessing Jer's part-time preaching wouldn't qualify them for a mortgage.

And Jessa implied shortly after her marriage to Ben that there were at TLC headquarters to sign a contract.

None of it makes sense to me.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't understand why Derick would go to TLC for help with Izzy's medical bills if JB or Duggar, LLC or whatever is being paid. Why wouldn't he and Jill go to JB?  They were given McMansion 1, then left for El Salvador and returned to McMansion 2 and supposedly moved out of #2 for the in-residence mission school. Izzy's medical bills would have been paid off by the time they were in McMansion #2.

And supposedly the older Duggar boys bought Jinger a car as a wedding gift. Both Jill and Jessa stated that JB gave them a lump sum of money for their weddings. And Jessa opted to use Jill's wedding decorations for her own to have money left over for her honeymoon. Jill went to N Carolina or something and Jessa went to Europe.

Jing & Jer either had a huge chunk of cash and/or qualified for a mortgage. I'm guessing Jer's part-time preaching wouldn't qualify them for a mortgage.

And Jessa implied shortly after her marriage to Ben that there were at TLC headquarters to sign a contract.

None of it makes sense to me.

I am guessing Jill and Jessa got money for their wedding aka compensation from JB and TLC for being on the show, and part of the money went to pay for Jessa and Ben for their honeymoon aka compensation from TLC since TLC was filming them. Jinger and Jeremy probably got money JB and TLC for their house aka compensation for being on the show. The car Jinger got was probably part of her compensation from being on the show, but JB and TLC wanted to show the boys brought it instead of saying JB and TLC paid for it. Jessa could have been at the TLC headquarters in relations to the new show featuring mostly her and the older kids. Derelict could be pissed off due to the fact JB and TLC paid the other married couples for new houses, nice honeymoons, and in the case of JD, a plane and the ability to fly the family around. He may feel he got a bad deal and expected JB and TLC to pay for Jill and Izzy's medical bills.

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I think the money was distributed as J.B. saw fit.  Meaning whatever bills came due were paid. Meaning whatever car or house was needed next got bought.  

And whoever has the most obedient "servant's heart" and kisses his ass the hardest gets the most rewards.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is it me or are Jilly Muffin's hands bigger than Derelict's?

19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I knew Jill was the tallest of the female Duggars but she really looks tall here.

I'm shocked we're seeing knees & high heels.  Maybe she's trying to duplicate Jinge's style.  From that angle it does look like Izzy took the picture. I guess the shoes & angle make her look taller.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am guessing Jill and Jessa got money for their wedding aka compensation from JB and TLC for being on the show, and part of the money went to pay for Jessa and Ben for their honeymoon aka compensation from TLC since TLC was filming them. Jinger and Jeremy probably got money JB and TLC for their house aka compensation for being on the show. The car Jinger got was probably part of her compensation from being on the show, but JB and TLC wanted to show the boys brought it instead of saying JB and TLC paid for it. Jessa could have been at the TLC headquarters in relations to the new show featuring mostly her and the older kids. Derelict could be pissed off due to the fact JB and TLC paid the other married couples for new houses, nice honeymoons, and in the case of JD, a plane and the ability to fly the family around. He may feel he got a bad deal and expected JB and TLC to pay for Jill and Izzy's medical bills.

These reasons are part of why it doesn' make sense to me. Then Derick knew JB was the keeper of the cash, so why would he approach TLC and not JB? And they lived in McMansion 2 long after Izzy's medical bills were paid off. Izzy is 3 years old, all this would have went down over 2 years ago.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I also think that Derrick is still mad that his big dream of converting Catholics to Jesus in El Salvador went up in smoke because of Jill.   I believe that he thinks JB sold him damaged goods when it became apparent that Jill was not cut out for missionary work.  He thinks JB owes him for this.  I can see Derrick with his sense of entitlement expecting JB to compensate him for this more than what the other son-in-laws.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

My guess would be no. I think the money was distributed as J.B. saw fit.  Meaning whatever bills came due were paid. Meaning whatever car or house was needed next got bought.  

This^^^. I suppose ol' donkey face could also  argue that he provided each child with a roof over their head, clothes on their back, food, an education (minimally), medical (even more minimally), music lessons and exotic trips as compensation for their show appearances. While I don't necessarily agree w/Boob, those things dont come cheap or for free despite what Derick thinks.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I also think that Derrick is still mad that his big dream of converting Catholics to Jesus in El Salvador went up in smoke because of Jill.   I believe that he thinks JB sold him damaged goods when it became apparent that Jill was not cut out for missionary work.  He thinks JB owes him for this.  I can see Derrick with his sense of entitlement expecting JB to compensate him for this more than what the other son-in-laws.

If he could not see something was sadly wrong with Jill before heading to El Salvador, he is dumber than I think he is. He seem to be coming unglued around the time the molestation news came out. Did he know his wife was molested before they got married or did JB and Jill keep that little fact to themselves. He went to JB with a few missions in mind: get a wife from a royality fundie family, and find a way to pay his way while he was doing missionary work. Sadly he fail to find a wife who was cut out for missionary work, and finding a father-in-law who would foot all his expenses.

Edited by bigskygirl

Okay its official, I can't snark on Derrick anymore.  We are watching a man have a very public and out loud breakdown.  I hope someone in that boy's family cares enough to help him get help.

Edited by flyingdi
Because proper English is a good thing!
  • Love 15

All this talk of compensation has made me very confused.  As I understand it, when the Josh scandal broke, TLC cancelled 19 Kids and Counting.  Shortly after they started filming Counting On.  At that point Jessa and Jill were over 18 (actually over 21). Surely there was no way in hell TLC would not pay Jill and Jessa directly, if for no other reason than to protect themselves from any future lawsuits.

Now, I can see Jim Bob telling the girls to funnel their paycheques  into some sort of trust, and then dole out living expenses.  I guess they just don't have the backbone to tell him that they can take care of themselves.

What a godawful mess.  So glad at least Jinger got away.  I feel for those poor kids.  They just are going to repeat the pattern and stay under Daddy's thumb forever.  And with no education (honestly I think the younger ones are functionally illiterate), they have no options.  I keep wondering how the show is still on the air, boring as it is.  

One final thought:  How could any self respecting couple let their 18 year old daughter marry into this mess?  SMH.

• Love 17

Jill should have had money from all her years appearing on the show. I think all the kids should have some compensation for appearing on the show.  I don't how it would work for kids who are minors, but Jill was 18+ for most of the show. She was 18 when Josie was born! She had turned 18 in May. (Josie born four months early  so Michelle wasn't pregnant yet, but would be later that year).  Jessa is only 18 months later. It wouldn't surprise if JB had convinced his oldest kids then to sign the money to a family trust and convinced them to keep the system as they got older and older.  

• Love 2

One small correction, @Ladyedith. If Boob set up his LLC in 6/14, that's the month that Jill got married. I only recall her wedding date because she had her stupid Jamberry party (filmed for the show) on my birthday, two days ahead of the wedding. I remember because I was out and about checking World Cup stuff, and a nail party showed up on my IG feed. 

What happened to Jamberry? They sure faded fast.

• Love 3

You are right, Sew.  I quickly googled “Jill Duggar wedding” and the first thing that came up was an article dated October 2014.   I was getting tired climbing out of my rabbit hole lol!  But to get even more curious, the wedding was June 21, right?  Well according to http://www.arkansascorporates.com/corp/413721.html the LLC was established on June 5, 2014.  Still before the wedding. So I will revise my conjecture to say that Jim Bob loggged in the LLC weeks before the wedding instead of months.  Still he saw the writing on the wall and possibly fixed things to prevent loss of power.  Thanks for keeping my theory in check!

Edited by Lady Edith
Elaboration needed.
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

You are right, Sew.  I quickly googled “Jill Duggar wedding” and the first thing that came up was an article dated October 2014.   I was getting tired climbing out of my rabbit hole lol!  But to get even more curious, the wedding was June 21, right?  Well according to http://www.arkansascorporates.com/corp/413721.html the LLC was established on June 5, 2014.  Still before the wedding. So I will revise my conjecture to say that Jim Bob loggged in the LLC weeks before the wedding instead of months.  Still he saw the writing on the wall and possibly fixed things to prevent loss of power.  Thanks for keeping my theory in check!

All I can say is What a Bastard. As previously noted, Jill's wedding was the highest rated episode ever. 

And during the run of 19 Kids, they never "thanked" the Dullards, as they had the Smuggars, who I do believe had a separate contact during most of his married years on 19 Kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

All this talk of compensation has made me very confused.  As I understand it, when the Josh scandal broke, TLC cancelled 19 Kids and Counting.  Shortly after they started filming Counting On.  At that point Jessa and Jill were over 18 (actually over 21). Surely there was no way in hell TLC would not pay Jill and Jessa directly, if for no other reason than to protect themselves from any future lawsuits.

Now, I can see Jim Bob telling the girls to funnel their paycheques  into some sort of trust, and then dole out living expenses.  I guess they just don't have the backbone to tell him that they can take care of themselves.

What a godawful mess.  So glad at least Jinger got away.  I feel for those poor kids.  They just are going to repeat the pattern and stay under Daddy's thumb forever.  And with no education (honestly I think the younger ones are functionally illiterate), they have no options.  I keep wondering how the show is still on the air, boring as it is.  

One final thought:  How could any self respecting couple let their 18 year old daughter marry into this mess?  SMH.

As long as Jeremy and Jinger are part of the show, they are not really away from the all of this. I do not believe for one second JB did not give them the money aka Jinger's compensation in order to purchase the house they got or help get the "mortgage" they are paying. For a mortgage, Jeremy and Jinger would have to prove income, so they probably had to go to JB and ask for help. I do not think Jeremy had enough money saved up, and Jinger got money from JB for her wedding and honeymoon because she technically was working for TLC aka compensation.

1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Okay its official, I can't snark on Derrick anymore.  We are watching a man have a very public and out loud breakdown.  I hope someone in that boy's family cares enough to help him get help.

Sadly his mother keeps defending him without seeing her son is in seriously trouble and needs help, his father is dead, his stepfather probably wants to stay clear of the whole situation in order to keep the peace with his wife, and his brother may see he is in trouble, but he has his wife and unborn child to think about. Jill is in trouble herself and trying to pretend everything is fine and dandy, and she needs her own help. JB is probably too piss off right now to see clearly, and besides he is in his own denial when it comes to his children and wife's emotional needs. Plus the fact Derrick needs to admit and get the help, but I do not see that happening either. I also do not see his sisters-in-law or brothers-in-law wanting to help him or Jill either. It is one big sad mess!

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

So, they dressed up to go out for Derick's birthday dinner and all they ordered was a free birthday sundae and water.

We don't really know if they have already eaten and the dishes were taken away.  But I guess the Dillard's haven't really broken away from JB's traditions if they are still towing the line regarding chocolate messes.

• Love 8

The look on Derick's face says it all. He looks angry and trying not to lose his patience while someone takes the picture. Like he is working hard to not lose it right there. Jill's expression speaks volumes also. I cannot stand either one of them, but I still feel a little sorry for them.

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Derick, taking one whole year to pay off medical debt is nothing. The majority of bankruptcies in this country are due to medical debt.

This is the same man who adamantly said he wouldn't go into debt to pay for needed car repairs, that he'd come up with the money quickly. How are medical bills any different? 

56 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

the LLC was established on June 5, 2014.

Bless you Lady Edith. Jim Bob is a scumbag. I hope the tabloids do a little digging.

1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Forming the LLC protected their claim to be “debt free” because all purchases, from houses to cars to property, could made under the LLC.  It’s not JB’s debt after all, it’s the LLC’s debt.

Thechnically correct morality. The best kind! 

• Love 14

If they trusted in JB I have no sympathy. Jill had power. That she didn't use it to her benefit is telling. But whether it's TLC or her own father is not known. We just know the influence of Boob and can make inferences.

• Love 4