Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, kalamac said:

I'm generally of the opinion that the whole relegating certain foods to certain times of the day is ridiculous (why should it be weird to eat cereal for dinner or pizza for breakfast for example), but even so, who eats deep fried stuff as a late night snack, when presumably you'll be heading to bed soon after. I'd say he must have a cast-iron stomach, if it weren't for the fact that we've seen him gagging, and he's damn near skeletal, but hey, maybe his only health problem is being malnourished from living off junk like that.

That twinkie doesn't look deep-fried...lightly grilled, if anything. But given his writing skills, maybe he just meant the corndog was deep fried, and the twinkie just got stuck in the wrong part of the sentence. At any rate, I suppose that might make it marginally less artery-clogging. Still, those are basically both in the category of foods that can barely be classified as such. And while I agree that he is very probably malnourished, I don't know how anyone could remain skeletal on a diet like that.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Seriously, they've been married for what, three years now? Jill is supposed to be the help-meet, and she hasn't learned to cook anything in three years?

They've seen all of the negative posts about their terrible housekeeping and terrible cooking, and still haven't spent a couple of hours in the kitchen learning to cook? The Duggars are all just bone lazy.

I'm pretty sure we've seen some meals she's cooked occasionally. Some that had vegetables and everything -- which is unusual for a Duggar. 

They were definitely raised without cooking, but I do think that we've seen at least some lame attempts by both Jill and Jessa to do a bit better than their mother. I know I've seen broccoli cooked by Jill, for example. 

48 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Who the hell is honestly bothering to deep fry anything for a midnight snack, let alone readymade snack food? It’s messy and a hassle. 

Mystery solved. Walmart and others sell pre-fried heat-and-eat- Twinkies. And the Today show, among others, has actually reviewed them -- and found them pretty good (for those that like that kind of thing, I guess)

https://www.today.com/food/are-frozen-deep-fried-twinkies-any-good-we-tested-them-t102048

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Mystery solved. Walmart and others sell pre-fried heat-and-eat- Twinkies. And the Today show, among others, has actually reviewed them -- and found them pretty good (for those that like that kind of thing, I guess)

Yet another item to add to my ‘Things I learned on the 19 Kids Forum, and really wish I hadn’t’ list.

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm pretty sure we've seen some meals she's cooked occasionally. Some that had vegetables and everything -- which is unusual for a Duggar. 

They were definitely raised without cooking, but I do think that we've seen at least some lame attempts by both Jill and Jessa to do a bit better than their mother. I know I've seen broccoli cooked by Jill, for example. 

https://www.today.com/food/are-frozen-deep-fried-twinkies-any-good-we-tested-them-t102048

Well that’s just sad. 

877c4a82-6ef0-42bf-adaa-b37f0f6be8e1_1.b

Sad!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That little twerp is gonna spend all night on the shitter after eating that plate of garbage, lol.

But as much as the idea of Derwood's colon spasming painfully for hours amuses me, it also unfortunately means he will have plenty of time to post more of his snide little comments on the Twitter.  Because that is where he does all his best thinking, on the toilet. It's the only place he gets a break from Jill and can concentrate. It's probably why he ate that greasy hydrogenated platter of poison, so he would have an excuse to lock himself in the bathroom all night and tweet to his heart's content. There are heathens to be condescended to, little trans girls that need to be bullied. Sluts that need shaming!

Enjoy your night, Derick, you piece of shit!

@Celia Rubenstein, I haven't told you lately, but I love you :)

That plate (paper, naturally, gawd.)  I can't even think of enough shitty phrases to describe it, this early in the a.m.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, lianau said:

I'm under the impression that twinkies are on the sweet side and a corn dog contains a sausage . I'd eat one after the other ,as in dinner followed by  dessert  but at the same time? And is that ketchup on the twinkie?

I think it’s scorch marks.  Or maybe ‘scorch marks’.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

So a product marketed as deep fried also has fake grill marks? Why not. 

Haha! Well, to be scrupulously fair, sometimes if you are deep-frying something in a fryer with some sort of basket t the bottom, you may end up with a little bit of a brown mark if it sinks before rising back to the top...Although in that case, some of the batter tends to stick to it and it comes up a little messy. Soooo...yeah, fake fry/grill marks. I tried, but I really can't quite justify that. Honestly,it all just leaves me at a total loss. I eat pretty much anything, and will confess to the occasional deep-fried-whatever binge, but those are very few and far between, and I really don't celebrate them on social media. I'm much more likely to pretend they didn't happen! lol

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Who the hell is honestly bothering to deep fry anything for a midnight snack, let alone readymade snack food? It’s messy and a hassle. 

I learned on another forum (not FJ) about the Wally World friend twinkees last night but was too lazy to post about them here. 

No wonder this country has an obesity problem. 

And isn't Derelict supposedly allergic to just about everything? How can he eat that garbage?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That little twerp is gonna spend all night on the shitter after eating that plate of garbage, lol.

But as much as the idea of Derwood's colon spasming painfully for hours amuses me, it also unfortunately means he will have plenty of time to post more of his snide little comments on the Twitter.  Because that is where he does all his best thinking, on the toilet. It's the only place he gets a break from Jill and can concentrate. It's probably why he ate that greasy hydrogenated platter of poison, so he would have an excuse to lock himself in the bathroom all night and tweet to his heart's content. There are heathens to be condescended to, little trans girls that need to be bullied. Sluts that need shaming!

I bow down to you, Celia Rubenstein - hilarious.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I’m not too cool to eat one; but I need someone to club in on a box with me, because I’m scared of twelve, lol.

Actually the box up there says it's a package of 7 (which seems strange.).... Sounds more doable than 12, though. 

• Love 2

It's fancy compared to the wedding 'feast'. I'm sitting her with a coffee and a bunch of Halloween snacks. Not those little healthy thingys, real GOOD stuff, chocolate bars, candy bracelets mmmmm. I would probably try that twinkie. 

I hope he starts to have fun hanging around with 'not JB Dugg' people. Just waiting for a subtle change in tone on his social media. Maybe this whole experience won't just work one way. 

He brings out the mean girl in me, so I interpret everything he does under that filter. But dammit, he's way less boring than the other Duggs, BECAUSE he pushes buttons. 

Edited by sometimesy
had more stuff to say, sugar induced.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Actually the box up there says it's a package of 7 (which seems strange.).... Sounds more doable than 12, though. 

I saw a box at a mega Walmart once and it was so big I thought for sure it had 24, ha.    I was traveling and my hosts said “we aren’t taking the rest of those.’

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Please. Y'all keep up with the well deserved kudos to the hilarious and spot on @Celia Rubenstein. But please know she promised her heart to me. If she insists, I will allow her to give pieces of her heart to others as long as she saves the biggest part for me. Except @xwordfanatik, back-off you little forward hussy!  (JUST KIDDING)

True. And my heart is deeply involved in their upcoming nuptials. Or transfer of authority. Or something. I am packing my sewing machine to bring to the church. I will be ready for anything!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

True. And my heart is deeply involved in their upcoming nuptials. Or transfer of authority. Or something. I am packing my sewing machine to bring to the church. I will be ready for anything!

Oh be still my heart, you have stuck with us through this long courtship. You are so much better than Sierra.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh be still my heart, you have stuck with us through this long courtship. You are so much better than Sierra.

I thank you. *blush* Since you brought it up ... it HAS been quite a long courtship. Shouldn't some needs be rightfully fulfilled? Heading off to the Prayer Closet if you need me. As usual, I got the wine ...

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I thank you. *blush* Since you brought it up ... it HAS been quite a long courtship. Shouldn't some needs be rightfully fulfilled? Heading off to the Prayer Closet if you need me. As usual, I got the wine ...

If I bring more wine, do I get to enter into a courtship as well? These Connecticut nights start getting pretty long around this time of year...

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

If I bring more wine, do I get to enter into a courtship as well? These Connecticut nights start getting pretty long around this time of year...

Bring me Pinot Grigio ... you can have anything you want!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Please. Y'all keep up with the well deserved kudos to the hilarious and spot on @Celia Rubenstein. But please know she promised her heart to me. If she insists, I will allow her to give pieces of her heart to others as long as she saves the biggest part for me. Except @xwordfanatik, back-off you little forward hussy!  (JUST KIDDING)

@GeeGolly, I love you too!  I don't believe I've ever been called a hussy or forward, even kiddingly, and as an old lady, I am honored!  For real.  No joke.  LOL, you took a piece of my heart, here (do I dare say I'm old enough to remember Janis and Big Brother & The Holding Co.?)   

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

Ahhh, another one of Jill's delicatessies. Fried twinkie and microwaved corn dog for dinner.

They should really just stop posting pictures of food. None of them are good photographers, none of them are good cooks, and God knows none of them are Martha Stewart.  The food is almost uniformly revolting, presented half-eaten on paper plates or in plastic bowls, and poorly photographed. If they MUST have a social media presence, take some pictures of the kids being cute and let it go at that.

Someone posted to the revolting omelet picture that they thought Derick might be mocking Jill. That's certainly possible -- "I thought I was marrying a girl 'trained up' to be a housewife, and look at what I get to eat!"

• Love 12
19 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Seriously, they've been married for what, three years now? Jill is supposed to be the help-meet, and she hasn't learned to cook anything in three years?

They've seen all of the negative posts about their terrible housekeeping and terrible cooking, and still haven't spent a couple of hours in the kitchen learning to cook? The Duggars are all just bone lazy.

I just don't understand what the heck they were doing with their daughters when they were still at home. Other than Jana, none of the older girls really know how to cook. Why don't the other girls know how to cook or clean? If their purpose is to be a SAHM, why do they suck at basic household activities? It's just weird.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

They should really just stop posting pictures of food. None of them are good photographers, none of them are good cooks, and God knows none of them are Martha Stewart.  The food is almost uniformly revolting, presented half-eaten on paper plates or in plastic bowls, and poorly photographed. If they MUST have a social media presence, take some pictures of the kids being cute and let it go at that.

Someone posted to the revolting omelet picture that they thought Derick might be mocking Jill. That's certainly possible -- "I thought I was marrying a girl 'trained up' to be a housewife, and look at what I get to eat!"

I think the answer to the mystery of that is, it depends upon what Derick was used to Cathy whipping up.  

As for the food, funnily enough, I think the better it is as a batch of ingredients the more aesthetically pleasing it looks.  I had a brief flirtation with those pre-prepared "meal kits" (Blue Apron and the like) over the spring, and if you followed their plating instructions merely in terms of "what to lay down in what order" and kept it grouped in the center of the plate, everything mysteriously looked like a high-end meal had been generated out of the kitchen.  I have some shreds of natural genetic talent, but the skillful side of the family didn't teach me, and there's a lot of stuff and processes I can just as easily do wrong as do right - I'm not very good at timing of course components, for example.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But please know she promised her heart to me. If she insists, I will allow her to give pieces of her heart to others as long as she saves the biggest part for me

Wow, you're really taking that subservience thing seriously. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You're right. Both Jill and Jessa made a few attempts at cooking on camera, and it's possible that they really did try for a while and those weren't all producer-driven plot lines. Once the babies arrived, though, that was all out the window.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

My queen, I bow to you!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ariel said:

With their TLC money & donations, why don't they just subscribe to an online meal kit & call it a day?

Or even nab a Costco chicken and bagged salad one night a week? Warm up some veggies, make some rice and you have a decent meal.  

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Catfin said:

Or even nab a Costco chicken and bagged salad one night a week? Warm up some veggies, make some rice and you have a decent meal.  

I agree, but that would still require some effort so no.

• Love 4

Jill looks so sad in that video making the apple crisps....BTW, I didn't know that Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls were ingredients in FRESH apple crisps.

Why doesn't Jill have any housework, laundry or cooking to do at HER HOUSE? I bet both she and Jessa live like pigs.

• Love 9

I think that Jill and Johannah were making something similar to apple hand pies.  You wrap half a crescent roll around an apple slice and pour ginger ale or 7Up around them to cook. I don't know why they're bulk making them for a family their size, it seems a little inefficient and more expensive than a traditional apple crisp since you have to buy the crescent rolls. 

Jill and Johannah looked annoyed to have Michelle filming them.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2017 at 10:20 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh dear. He actually brought this garbage home from an event. Don't they have snack food at home? 

Screenshot_2017-10-31-10-16-44.png

As someone working at this program he should let the students take home any leftovers that gd grifter!  They probably have a harder time paying for food than these asshats.

• Love 15
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, Lunera said:

The baby is a bit cuter than he was at birth

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, ChiCricket said:

I'm so going to hell, but no..he's not. He has a pig nose.

.Most babies have "pig noses" (we called them "ski jump" noses). Easier to nurse AND breathe, kwim?

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, Churchhoney said:

totally agree  -- I'm sure it's still a hundred percent his intention, however. And because he's spent some years as a congregant of the Cross Church complex, I expect he figures he's got some sort of in there. And who knows? There may be somebody who knows him from the past who'll give him a little break. As you say, though, he's not cut out for it. So he won't be able to capitalize on a break, even if he's given one. 

My bet is that none of the three religio-ambitious Duggar adjacents will get very far with their church ambitions, actually.

Jeremy may do better than the other two, but even in his case I think that'll only happen if he stops his current tactic -- sucking up loudly to all the old hard-liners who think the way to proceed is to completely squelch the creeping liberalism of the young with what they see as the overwhelming and powerful truthfulness of the old orthodox bigotries. If Jer keeps up his anti-gay, anti-Catholic, anti-this-and-that sermons, I expect that ultimately he'll have little more success than Der will, even though he dresses so much better and is able to sort of pretend he's hip. Bin would be the one who could manage to look most convincingly young and even hip if he really tried, I think. But he's just too dim to get anywhere, probably.

The thing is, though, I do think the old guys in the church will be willing to give Der, Bin and Jer a chance for longer than we would think is warranted. Because that attitude you mention in your young relatives -- disapproving of same-sex relationships but knowing gay people their age who are out, maybe even being sort of friends with them. That's the big big thing that the old church leaders are terrified of at this point. Because they've already learned that for a lot of people this is the first step in an attitude change that ends up seeing them approve of gay relationships. Once you know gay people fairly well and accept them on a social level and maybe even become friendly with them when they're being honest about who they are, that's usually the first step toward abandoning that "but I still disapprove of gay relationships" thing. That dynamic is already causing some people, especially young ones, to leave the conservative churches entirely. And the old guys are wild to squelch it. They're counting on bringing in young workers who'll help them do that. And the Dugg-adjacents are tapping into that desire on the part of the older church leaders, I think. The Dugg-adjacent boys clearly know this and hope that they can use it as a stepping stone. But ultimately it's not going to work to get the Dugg-adjacents permanent jobs or to keep people in LGBQT-bashing churches once they've socially accepted gay friends. The church old guard is going to lose. 

I love the word "religio-ambitious." I'm going to use it in sentences three times tomorrow.

• Love 6

I swear it looks like Jilly Muffin is "slicing" apples that were already sliced when the video starts.  If not, please, for the love of macaroni & cheese, teach that girl how to use a knife properly.  I either need to stop reading the leghumper's responses or just stay off Twitter when I'm in a pissy mood.  I make no apologies for going after one (or two) the past few days.  I just don't get the love and devotion (or excuses) people show.

Shoutout to birkenstock for the hand pies info.  Mr. Six might get dessert this Sunday.

• Love 8