Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

That apartment looks so depressing.  I guess since they're only there while Derick does his current "training" no one feels inclined to decorate it or Jill has never decorated anywhere and doesn't know how and her sisters have done two places and are done?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, toodles said:

This looks like one of those POW pictures from the Vietnam war.  The kind with the caption, SEE!!  We don't treat our prisoners bad!!  

Yes, I'm that old. 

If this is supposed to be romantic, it's an EPIC fail.

Also, why is the first thing Jill mentions that Derick loves Jesus? Was he eating with them? 

36 minutes ago, PuhLeeze said:

I'm visually-impaired and have made that photo as large as I can. I cannot figure out that table top. Can someone tell me about it?  It looks chipped and white near D's left elbow. Are they in some furnished apartment somewhere for Derick's "work"? That looks like some cheap-ass rental furniture.  

Also I can't help but repeat, a scented candle so close while you eat?! I hope it's at least a "food" scent. 

It looks like one of those granite tabletops that were popular for a while, after the pub table craze but before the farmhouse table fad. They're pieced together from random pieces of granite so they look kind of like a granite crazy quilt. They were sold at all the department stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. 

• Love 13

I hate how fundies ALWAYS say things like, "ladies, do blah blah blah. And then you'll find YOUR man!!!" They loooove being better than everyone else because they are married! I bet Jill starts up with this crap around Jana and is insufferable. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 15

I think that the picture being an after thought is a reflection of Jill. She is so different than Jessa, who I think, thinks like a Kardashian. Jessa's life and role as a mother is filtered through "How can I impress my fans?" Jill still hasn't quite wiped the glitter off her fairy tale dream and is caught up with the concept of "date night". Its so sad that neither of their realities are even close to being real.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

Thank you, ginger90. That enlarged picture really helped.  I'm glad I missed out on that fad, mynextmistake. 

It was an unfortunate phase. I think pub tables were worse, though, because all kinds of people bought them without considering whether they would work for their families. My cousin had one for about a year, and I couldn't keep track of the number of times her four and seven year olds got hurt trying to climb up into those high chairs.

• Love 3

If Jill and Derick really are living in a modest apartment and buying/using cheap furniture, considering that they don't have jobs, that's actually....pretty sensible? They're still nutcases, though.

• Love 6

Derick and Jill are living the way they are because Daddy isn't providing one of his houses for them to live in....and they most likely were let go from TLC, so not many TLC paychecks remaining. DDD does not have a j.o.b. that I know of, so they're living at this level due to necessity. I hope Jill likes living well below the standard she came to live in before she married...this is real life,perhaps, Jill.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, lianau said:

Ladies, find someone who loves Jesus and takes care of you like this guy does me. Does me what ?  

Looks like the power got cut off. Lol. And what the hell is he so busy doing?

16 hours ago, toodles said:

This looks like one of those POW pictures from the Vietnam war.  The kind with the caption, SEE!!  We don't treat our prisoners bad!!  

Yes, I'm that old. 

If this is supposed to be romantic, it's an EPIC fail.

Is that John McCain?. I know, I know. I'm already at the door of the prayer closet.

• Love 7

What happened to the furniture that they used to have?  JB was so proud of buying it for them.  I guess the "for them" was only for them to use while in one of his houses or doing his bidding.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Petrichor said:

Derick looks like he should be holding up a newspaper to show the date as proof of life for hostage negotiations.

If he's a POW, he better read the rules:

Article III - If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

• Love 14

Derick Dillard

@derick4HimReplying to @RescueCav @CNYWITCH and 3 others

I attended my BIL’s graduation from ALERT because I love and support my family. That does not mean that I follow Gothard, by extension.

9:09 AM - 25 Oct 2017

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

What happened to the furniture that they used to have?  JB was so proud of buying it for them.  I guess the "for them" was only for them to use while in one of his houses or doing his bidding.

Well, the 'program' that Derick is involved with includes accomodations.  No way of knowing if using the housing is required or simply available for people who are attending from outside the local area.  Either way, it's a strong probability that D&J are living in what amounts to family housing provided by the church.

I wonder if JB is punishing them by not providing better housing, or if D&J are there of their own volition.  Maybe Derick has refused to allow JB to pay for their housing, for whatever reason.

As for the furniture that D&J got when they first married, it might be too large for a small apartment.  Or Derick doesn't want any of the old furniture.  Or JB wouldn't let them have some.  Or the furniture has been redistributed to the other kids.  Or it's in the storage building and everyone's too lazy to go get it.  Or someone broke in and stole it.

So many possibilities for the reasons that contributed to the trainwreck that is Derick and Jill.  However it ends up, I think that Derick is aware on some level that he is actively destroying any goodwill he had from his in-laws, church, and the public.  There's an angry vibe to him, like he's been thwarted in some way, and he's reacting with an almost childlike desire to throw a fit and tear things up.  Like a child who breaks his toys when he's been told 'No', he doesn't seem to care that he's hurting himself in his need to hurt other people.

I think Jill is spending more time trying to placate Derick than she is doing anything else.  What else can she do?  She was raised to think that her headships feelings meant more than anyone else's, and it's her responsibility to do whatever it takes to please him.  I also don't think she's able to stop trying to please her parents, because she always thought that she'd marry a man who was a clone of her father.  She never learned to negotiate between warring parties, because everyone was expected to follow strict rules of conduct that should have meant that everyone was on the same page.  She certainly never learned to examine her own thoughts and feelings, or to stand up for herself when she was being treated unfairly.  She's just sitting there, damning herself for not being a good enough wife to keep her husband from going off the rails. 

She must realize that things are deteriorating, but she can't bring herself to believe that the main men in her life are the problem.  Her training tells her that she is the problem.  Both of her headships will jump on any attempt by her to look beyond her training and they will also do their level best to keep anyone else from cluing her in.  Her mother and her siblings won't be of any help at all, because in addition to their own belief in the headship dogma, I don't think they really like Jill all that much. 

I'm starting to pity Jill.  I've always pitied her poor children.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Well, the 'program' that Derick is involved with includes accomodations.  No way of knowing if using the housing is required or simply available for people who are attending from outside the local area.  Either way, it's a strong probability that D&J are living in what amounts to family housing provided by the church.

I wonder if JB is punishing them by not providing better housing, or if D&J are there of their own volition.  Maybe Derick has refused to allow JB to pay for their housing, for whatever reason.

As for the furniture that D&J got when they first married, it might be too large for a small apartment.  Or Derick doesn't want any of the old furniture.  Or JB wouldn't let them have some.  Or the furniture has been redistributed to the other kids.  Or it's in the storage building and everyone's too lazy to go get it.  Or someone broke in and stole it.

So many possibilities for the reasons that contributed to the trainwreck that is Derick and Jill.  However it ends up, I think that Derick is aware on some level that he is actively destroying any goodwill he had from his in-laws, church, and the public.  There's an angry vibe to him, like he's been thwarted in some way, and he's reacting with an almost childlike desire to throw a fit and tear things up.  Like a child who breaks his toys when he's been told 'No', he doesn't seem to care that he's hurting himself in his need to hurt other people.

I think Jill is spending more time trying to placate Derick than she is doing anything else.  What else can she do?  She was raised to think that her headships feelings meant more than anyone else's, and it's her responsibility to do whatever it takes to please him.  I also don't think she's able to stop trying to please her parents, because she always thought that she'd marry a man who was a clone of her father.  She never learned to negotiate between warring parties, because everyone was expected to follow strict rules of conduct that should have meant that everyone was on the same page.  She certainly never learned to examine her own thoughts and feelings, or to stand up for herself when she was being treated unfairly.  She's just sitting there, damning herself for not being a good enough wife to keep her husband from going off the rails. 

She must realize that things are deteriorating, but she can't bring herself to believe that the main men in her life are the problem.  Her training tells her that she is the problem.  Both of her headships, will jump on any attempt by her to look beyond her training and they will also do their level best to keep anyone else from cluing her in.  Her mother and her siblings won't be of any help at all, because in addition to their own belief in the headship dogma, I don't think they really like Jill all that much. 

I'm starting to pity Jill.  I've always pitied her poor children.

#Ithinktheyareinprovidedfurnishedaccommodationsaswell. #Griftingistheonlythigntheyknow #Youdidn'tthinkhewouldgobacktoschoolasastudentdidyou? #Howcanhefeedhisgawdcomplexunlessheisaleaderofsomesort

#cansomeonetellmetherulesofhashtags?

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I think that Derick is aware on some level that he is actively destroying any goodwill he had from his in-laws, church, and the public. 

You should leave the church out of that statement, though. The stuff he says is not only exactly what the church and the church leaders he follows say but often it's directly quoted from them. 

Just because he's pissing off Jim Bob by speaking honestly about stuff they all believe -- but which Jim Bob wants to hide so he gets more liberal and moderate TeeVee viewers- doesn't mean he's going against all the leaders of his culture. At this point, Der and Jer are the only ones telling the truth about their beliefs, actually. I expect that among the leaders of their religious communities they may be the only ones who aren't considered massive sellouts. Although that won't be new, I guess. Plenty of conservative Christians of Jim Bob's ilk have considered him a greedy hypocritical sellout for years. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
On 10/23/2017 at 7:19 AM, lascuba said:

Normally, I'd agree, but I think Jill especially was hit hard by how the public turned on her (*I* always thought she was trash, but she was a favorite of Duggar fans/haters up until she got married, and then the scandals hit and it was all over for her). Plus, she's super hung up on the whole perfect, natural birth thing. When Israel was born, they gave a pretty detailed summary of events to People, and got hit with so much vitriol over the ways Jill fucked up, that they omitted a lot of information for the TLC airing. She really wanted her homebirth VBAC witih Samuel, and she must have been aware of all the talk about how what a bad idea that was throughout her pregnancy. When she ended up needing another emergency c-section, with Samuel needing oxygen, etc., she was likely devastated. I suspect Derick didn't want to add to that by having the public know exactly where she fucked up and blaming her for Samuel's distress. Speculation is one thing, but giving the public the tools to pinpoint just where they went wrong is something else.

I 110% agree this was it.  She wanted a VBAC, probably waited longer than she should have to go to the ER, had an emergency C-section, etc - she and baby are fine but they very well could not have been/almost weren't....and the Duggars and/or TLC knew this was bad for the "brand" and Jill's "midwifery" so....we aren't gonna see it.

I think it's also probable the docs told her she isn't having eleventy children and she should stop now or only have 1-2 more...and the Duggars don't want the public to know that God isn't blessing Princess Jill with a gazillion of her own blessings. 

Also, Derrick is either very sick or has anorexia. I can't imagine how Jill finds that attractive in a man. Eww. I think his angry tweet may be in part because he's "hangry" (angry from hunger).

• Love 11

They're both cute.  And Sam's nose is just fine.  I have a niece that had a real 'pig nose' when she was a toddler.  She grew up to be a real beauty.  I think she really could have done well as a model, but she went to ebil college and became a physical therapist.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

She wanted a VBAC, probably waited longer than she should have to go to the ER, had an emergency C-section, etc

She should never have labored at home at all with Henry.  Attempting a VBAC is one thing, but there is a reason Arkansas doesn't allow licensed midwives to attend them at home.  She should have found someone licensed to practice in a hospital who would allow her to attempt a VBAC in relatively safe conditions.  I fully expect she tried to be "heroic" and almost killed herself or Henry in the process.  

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I think he is cute but his expression ( looks like he got spooked a little)  makes him look a little off in the pic. 

You're probably right...maybe it's just the angle the pic was taken. I felt bad right after I wrote that he had a piggy nose, tbh. He's just a baby, and can't help having the parents(and grandparents) he got stuck with. My major dislike for them may have colored my view of his looks.

Edited by ChiCricket
More to say
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now, he's attacking Jazz again.

He is a little obsessed with this.  Perhaps he has a longing that could not be fulfilled in his crazy religion.  Seriously D you effing bully, leave this girl alone.  Pick on someone who is 1) an adult and 2) has EARNED your ire.  Not some young girl living her best life.  He has seriously gone crazy.  He has also moved up the Natalie list of who deserves to be throat punched the most.

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He also thinks Christians are persecuted.

Once again, though, he's just going along with his crowd -- 80 percent of his fellow faithful say this: 

a new study by the Public Religion Research Institute from last month that white evangelicals in America believe they endure more discrimination than Muslims. In June 2016, the same research institute found that “almost half of Americans say discrimination against Christians is as big of a problem as discrimination against other groups, including blacks and minorities. Three-quarters of Republicans and Trump supporters said this, and so did nearly eight out of 10 white evangelical Protestants.”

https://relevantmagazine.com/statement/the-american-christian-persecution-complex-gets-in-the-way-of-loving-our-neighbors/

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

She should never have labored at home at all with Henry.  Attempting a VBAC is one thing, but there is a reason Arkansas doesn't allow licensed midwives to attend them at home.  She should have found someone licensed to practice in a hospital who would allow her to attempt a VBAC in relatively safe conditions.  I fully expect she tried to be "heroic" and almost killed herself or Henry in the process.  

I think you meant Samuel?  I agree with you, though.  Jill was fooling herself and endangering not only her baby, but risking her own life.

• Love 5

Jilly should have thrown in some crushed  antipsycotic pills inside that nasty looking omelette. And what work? A volunteer position is not working, he's just glad to be away from her all day while he relives his youth in college. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 18

Honestly?  That does look nasty.  A styrofoam plate with a paper plate liner.  Plastic fork, too?  Gawd, what these idiots waste, could probably feed a small country.

Oh, but I guess God's chosen feel free to do that shit.  Fucking selfish morons. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jilly should have thrown in some crushed  antipsycotic pills inside that nasty looking omelette. And what work? A volunteer position is not working, he's just glad to be away from her all day while he relives his youth in college. 

Wifey???

• Love 4