Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

It is unusual how Sam's birth was handled...almost nothing posted about it. The family has been unusually quiet and they haven't been seen much on the show yet. Something's not right here. Even Cathy has been more quiet about Sam. Just doesn't add up. I wonder if TLC really did fire them.

Considering the backlash they got over Israel's birth, I don't find it unusual that they've kept quite about Samuel's. He had some complications, and if Jill and Derick had provided any details of the birth, they would have been raked over the coals for the risks Jill took. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Considering the backlash they got over Israel's birth, I don't find it unusual that they've kept quite about Samuel's. He had some complications, and if Jill and Derick had provided any details of the birth, they would have been raked over the coals for the risks Jill took. 

You could very well be right, but I think that if they had been offered money, they would have taken it. 

There is nothing too personal, or too private for the Duggars when money is involved, and Derick hasn't shown any reluctance to air his own bad ideas . . . 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

You could very well be right, but I think that if they had been offered money, they would have taken it. 

There is nothing too personal, or too private for the Duggars when money is involved, and Derick hasn't shown any reluctance to air his own bad ideas . . . 

Normally, I'd agree, but I think Jill especially was hit hard by how the public turned on her (*I* always thought she was trash, but she was a favorite of Duggar fans/haters up until she got married, and then the scandals hit and it was all over for her). Plus, she's super hung up on the whole perfect, natural birth thing. When Israel was born, they gave a pretty detailed summary of events to People, and got hit with so much vitriol over the ways Jill fucked up, that they omitted a lot of information for the TLC airing. She really wanted her homebirth VBAC witih Samuel, and she must have been aware of all the talk about how what a bad idea that was throughout her pregnancy. When she ended up needing another emergency c-section, with Samuel needing oxygen, etc., she was likely devastated. I suspect Derick didn't want to add to that by having the public know exactly where she fucked up and blaming her for Samuel's distress. Speculation is one thing, but giving the public the tools to pinpoint just where they went wrong is something else.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmm, Derick why the x in Xmas?

Is it too much to hope that they all know that now that Joe and Kendra have taken the godly tour of Greece? .... Would be nice to think that a Duggar learned something while traveling...

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Back to the serial tweeter, some ruminations by someone with too much TIME on his hands...

The juxtaposition of "I'M BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE leviticus 8:1 HATERZ GONNA HATE ezekiel 8:4" and "lol I've been reading 'shower thoughts' on Reddit lol" makes him sound like an unbright crazy person.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmm, Derick why the x in Xmas?

14 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Don't get him started on THAT! 

They prefer to think of it as heathens taking Christ out of Christmas.  

The answer simpletons give because they either can't or aren't allowed to think and discover things for themselves.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

They prefer to think of it as heathens taking Christ out of Christmas.  

The answer simpletons give because they either can't or aren't allowed to think and discover things for themselves.

Actually, Xmas is very Christian:

“Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greekletter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

There is a common belief that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century.” From Wikipedia 

The Pax Christi symbol is on the altar of Catholic churches.  The P for Pax and the X for Christi, Latin for peace and Christ, respectively.  So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Duggars.

The Fundy rebuttal I would hear almost every time (after I would present facts and historical context)  was this:  Well, the Devil finds a way to put a little truth into everything, so people will follow it to their deception /ruin.  So, I pose a question, has anyone else been told this?  I think we should further discuss this in the Old Time Religion thread.  

I only responded to the Xmas thing wrt Derick.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is Derelict implying that the Dullards are no longer on the TLC train, is he downplaying his wife's wealth, or is he just a lazy bum?

Lazy bum gets my vote.

That's pretty easy to say when you don't have a JOB that keeps the lights on, food on the table or, color me crazy, a roof over your head.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 12

Well, they do have a place to live, but I imagine that Jill's TLC stash is paying for it now, or it's paid for by his tuition, also paid for by Jill's TLC stash. What we do know is that he hasn't paid a penny for his lifestyle since the days in the McMansion when he actually earned a salary for about a year. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, they do have a place to live, but I imagine that Jill's TLC stash is paying for it now, or it's paid for by his tuition, also paid for by Jill's TLC stash. What we do know is that he hasn't paid a penny for his lifestyle since the days in the McMansion when he actually earned a salary for about a year. 

That was really my point, but you said it better than I did.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

He's a lazy prick, no mistake.  For Boob to pick Dillweed for his favorite daughter?  For shame.

I think Derick is a classic case of looking good on paper. Godly, working as a missionary at the time, had solid job prospects. Never have I seen a better example of the "when you date, you date someone's representative, not the real person" trope. This is why it's probably a good idea to let your kids spend alone time with their future spouses. JB is reaping what he has sown.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I think Derick is a classic case of looking good on paper. Godly, working as a missionary at the time, had solid job prospects. Never have I seen a better example of the "when you date, you date someone's representative, not the real person" trope. This is why it's probably a good idea to let your kids spend alone time with their future spouses. JB is reaping what he has sown.

I think JB was desperate to marry off one of his daughters when Derick came around. The one thing I find interesting is Derick did not go off the rails until he went to Danger America and the Josh molested Jill news hit the fan. He got married too fast and had a kid too fast with a woman he barely knew. I often wonder if Jill's problems is stressing him out to the point of acting out by going off the deep end by posting on twitter and being so judgmental about everyone and everything. I know my in-laws drive me batty, but I do not have them around me almost 24/7/365 to the point of losing what is left of my mind.

1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

JB is reaping what he has sown.

Maybe.

But given the quality of not just the Duggarlings but the in-laws and the terrifyingly huge number of possibly-also-eternally-unemployed siblings each Duggarling will attach its spouse to for life I'd be surprised if he'd ever find many in-law candidates who weren't either quite dim, chock full of ulterior motives, or secretly undesirable in some bizarre way -- or, most likely, some combination of those.

I think what JB is really reaping is the fruits of being a worthless piece of slime who spawned a beyond-dysfunctional mob of kidults whom nobody will really want for anything when they finally all fall off the TeeVee screen. I think he's probably lucky he's found enough people with ulterior motives to unload the ones he's unloaded so far. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think JB was desperate to marry off one of his daughters when Derick came around. The one thing I find interesting is Derick did not go off the rails until he went to Danger America and the Josh molested Jill news hit the fan. He got married too fast and had a kid too fast with a woman he barely knew. I often wonder if Jill's problems is stressing him out to the point of acting out by going off the deep end by posting on twitter and being so judgmental about everyone and everything. I know my in-laws drive me batty, but I do not have them around me almost 24/7/365 to the point of losing what is left of my mind.

I think Derick feels cheated out of his life dream of being a missionary . When he "met" Jill he thought he'd found his mission companion because Jill presented herself as such and they didn't spend enough time together to get to know each other . Once married , Jill got pregnant immediately so they didn't even get alone time then. And Jill, the midwife/missionary turned out to be an uneducated stage 5 clinger who can't form one adult or  independent thought . With this all going on , his surgery and recovery , the Joshley scandal , Derick retreated and JB took over , leaving Jill in headship confusion and struggling with the notion that she did everything right and followed all the rules and still didn't get the perfect marriage , pregnancy and birth experience even though she's God's perfect snowflake .

• Love 20

I have so many questions. What kind of candle is this ? First impression , that  looks like  the sort of light we put on the graves of loved ones here in Germany . Then , is that a candle inside a soda can ? Followed by , did they forget to pay the bills and their electricity was cut off?

• Love 2

Everything about them scream "trying too hard" to me.

I agree with lianau that Derick's issues revolve around losing his dream of being a missionary. It's just not going to happen, and I think he's really angry and all of these tweets are him trying to come to terms with the reality of his life.

I also don't think that Jill is any happier than Derick. Once again, I agree with lianau that Jill feels cheated, too. She did everything she was supposed to do, and didn't get the happiness that she expected or feels she deserves.

All of this #besthubbyever shit is all pure Gothard marriage counseling. The wife is supposed to proclaim over and over and over again how great the husband is. and build up his ego so that he's happy. His happiness will trickle down to her, and she'll be happy, too. They've been doing this for a few years now, though, and I don't think it's working. Whether he was fired from SOS, or left because Jill hated DA so much doesn't really matter. SOS was a compromise to begin with, and if they can't hack that there will be no "overseas" postings for them in the future. Derick is bitter as hell about losing out n the missionary lifestyle and Jill is bitter as hell that her husband doesn't appreciate and venerate her brood mare skills the way she thinks he should. Just stick a fork in this one . . . 

• Love 22

I see posts like this all the time on Facebook written by desperate women. Sounds like something a depressed Jilly would post. "See, my husband loves me. He put his phone down for an hour to eat with me." Stop trying to convince people he was some sort of catch...

• Love 17
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Everything about them scream "trying too hard" to me.

I agree with lianau that Derick's issues revolve around losing his dream of being a missionary. It's just not going to happen, and I think he's really angry and all of these tweets are him trying to come to terms with the reality of his life.

I also don't think that Jill is any happier than Derick. Once again, I agree with lianau that Jill feels cheated, too. She did everything she was supposed to do, and didn't get the happiness that she expected or feels she deserves.

All of this #besthubbyever shit is all pure Gothard marriage counseling. The wife is supposed to proclaim over and over and over again how great the husband is. and build up his ego so that he's happy. His happiness will trickle down to her, and she'll be happy, too. They've been doing this for a few years now, though, and I don't think it's working. Whether he was fired from SOS, or left because Jill hated DA so much doesn't really matter. SOS was a compromise to begin with, and if they can't hack that there will be no "overseas" postings for them in the future. Derick is bitter as hell about losing out n the missionary lifestyle and Jill is bitter as hell that her husband doesn't appreciate and venerate her brood mare skills the way she thinks he should. Just stick a fork in this one . . . 

The staging of that picture was super weird. Two empty dinner plates with knives but no forks. No glasses or cups. A bowl half-full of Brussels sprouts with one of the missing dinner forks in it. One Walmart jar candle. Derick holding a knife and looming over his plate like he's going to cut a bitch if anyone tries to take it away. 

If you wanted to show off a meal your husband made for you, wouldn't you take a picture before you ate it? This looks like Jill got halfway through cleanup and then decided to snap a picture. Weird.

• Love 18

I don't understand lighting a scented candle while you eat, but I pretty much hate them anyway. 

Someone upthread mentioned Derick and the disclosure of Josh's molestation of his sisters. I've always thought that it's what led to the unraveling, but I've never really gone back and checked the timeline. 

• Love 5

Dear Derick, It appears you need some advice. I'm just a middle aged heathen from New England, but please bear with me. It seems to many that you're overwhelmed, confused and angry. Why not find some Bible verses that bring you comfort and strength and post those. Others might find them helpful if they're struggling too. Posting judgmental and harsh verses can't truly leave you feeling good about yourself for very long and it arouses disdain in others. You might find a quick Google search helpful. I'll leave you with a few.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.  Let all that you do be done with love. Corinthians 16

• Love 19
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15

He recently posted this quote in response to his haters. Some solace and comfort gained already for the persecuted Christian, heterosexual, cis, upper middle class, white male.

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, lianau said:

I think Derick feels cheated out of his life dream of being a missionary . When he "met" Jill he thought he'd found his mission companion because Jill presented herself as such and they didn't spend enough time together to get to know each other . Once married , Jill got pregnant immediately so they didn't even get alone time then. And Jill, the midwife/missionary turned out to be an uneducated stage 5 clinger who can't form one adult or  independent thought . With this all going on , his surgery and recovery , the Joshley scandal , Derick retreated and JB took over , leaving Jill in headship confusion and struggling with the notion that she did everything right and followed all the rules and still didn't get the perfect marriage , pregnancy and birth experience even though she's God's perfect snowflake .

And this is why us heathen Catholics have a thing called annulments.  Instead of making each other miserable for the next few decades until one of them dies, they can dissolve the marriage and move on.  There should be no shame in realizing the marriage was a mistake. 

• Love 19

We know he doesn’t work, so what is Derelict so busy doing? I agree with the poster up thread with the weird picture.set up. Who the hell waits until they are done eating? It looks like they now live in much smaller quarters.   Did Boob get tired of Derick’s lazy ass and give them accommodations conmesurate with their income. Will Joken get the pool house?

• Love 5

I'm visually-impaired and have made that photo as large as I can. I cannot figure out that table top. Can someone tell me about it?  It looks chipped and white near D's left elbow. Are they in some furnished apartment somewhere for Derick's "work"? That looks like some cheap-ass rental furniture.  

Also I can't help but repeat, a scented candle so close while you eat?! I hope it's at least a "food" scent. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, PuhLeeze said:

I'm visually-impaired and have made that photo as large as I can. I cannot figure out that table top. Can someone tell me about it?  It looks chipped and white near D's left elbow. Are they in some furnished apartment somewhere for Derick's "work"? That looks like some cheap-ass rental furniture.  

Also I can't help but repeat, a scented candle so close while you eat?! I hope it's at least a "food" scent. 

Perhaps you can enlarge better from this. It's faux marble. And yes, the table does look a bit worn near his elbow. ( cracks me up that I found it at Target!!!)

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/52791806?wid=1500&qlt=70&fmt=pjpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2