Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Zach called his wife every night or almost every night when he was at the police academy crying. I could just imagine the impression he made with his fellow trainees and instructors. Glad I do not live in the area where he is a law enforcement officer. I would rather take my chances with the criminals.

Back to the Duggars...Yes they are a bunch of lazy, obnoxious, know it all, hypocritical bigots who are riding on the fact they are a big family who does things different, but in reality they are nothing special except in their own pathetic minds. What will happen when their five minutes of fame ends and the money train comes to a complete halt.

He did -- because he was away and the training was tough. But reality is, he stuck with it and made it. I'm pretty sure any Duggar son or son in law would be kicked out of a police academy in about a day.

• Love 21
41 minutes ago, cereality said:

He did -- because he was away and the training was tough. But reality is, he stuck with it and made it. I'm pretty sure any Duggar son or son in law would be kicked out of a police academy in about a day.

I would love to see Derick in the police academy. They would eat him up and spit him out within the first five minutes. They do not put up with any form of laziness, plus the fact Jill would not be able to cling  to him all day long. He would need to be clean 24/7/365, so his Jesus look would not last too long. And Jill probably would want to ride with him on patrol to make sure no heathen female would try to lure him away from her.

The only Duggar male I could see trying to go into law enforcement would be JD. I do not think he has the skills to be a good officer. He would have to cut himself off completely from his family and JB running his career choices, plus get himself up and going in the morning (no sleeping in late and *gasp* having a female training him instead of trying to keep evil female heathens from luring him to the devil side.)

In the case of Zach, I wonder how good of an officer he is by the fact he could not handle being away and with tough training. Part of the reason why they train recruits away from family and friends is to teach them to stand on your own two feet and deal with real life situations because your life and others depend on you keeping a cool head, calm thinking and putting your personal feelings aside. The department he works for must be hard up for officers if they hired someone who cried because his family was not there, and the training was too hard to deal with.

Zach is a big titty baby. He was crying when Sarah Reith accepted his offer to court. Can only imagine how messed up he was when that courtship didn’t work out. So, yeah, crying for his wifey and his mommy doesn’t surprise me.  I hope someone put a boot up his ass.  I think a man who cries does show some humanity and vulnerability, but there’s THAT and there’s just being a titty baby.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

In his defense, my boyfriend was in the army and said many, many of the younger recruits cried themselves to sleep during basic training. They eventually got over it.

I'm a crier myself so I don't have an issue with others (including men) who are more sensitive and cry easily. 

I can understand crying and being scared at first, but to constantly cry and calling your wife every night , in my opinion, is completely different. Law enforcement officers need to keep their emotions in tact while out of patrol because one split second of letting your emotions take over can be the difference between life or death. In one case, you have a Bate family member crying over being away from his family and being put in the real world and crying about it on a daily basis, and you have a Duggar male or son-in-law with his holier than thou trying to save the heathens by using Twitter or blaming others especially the devil for his wrong actions instead of taking the blame and getting the help he needs. It boggles my mind these type of people are loose in society. It also makes me more proud and honor to be able to volunteer with one of the finest police departments out there because *gasp* they get the job done and want to serve and protect for all the right reasons and are willing to put their lives on the line to do so. Both families could take lessons from them.

It is so obvious that Derek and Jill are both very unhappy with how their marriage is turning out; but neither one will come out and say it.  Derek should have checked Jill out further before asking her to court.  Jill was too excited to be the first daughter to court and marry and make Boob proud.  She is uneducated, can't cook and can't clean.  She mislead Derek into believing that she wanted to be a true missionary and that she had what it takes to be a certified midwife... what a joke.  Her idea of a missionary is going down to Central America for two weeks with her wealthy family hold on to the cute little Mexican babies, paint fingernails,  handout soccer balls and plan a little Christmas party before flying back home to the TTH!  I don't doubt for one minute that she planned her entire wedding around her menstrual cycle so that she would conceive on her honeymoon..... She knew that would make Boob so very proud.  Due to her ignorance and arrogance she botched both deliveries of her boys which could have ended tragically..... I strongly suspect the reason we have not heard anything regarding Sam's birth is either because she had to have a hysterectomy and Boob does not want that getting out to the public or because they caught such backlash with Israel's birth that they didn't want to catch it again with Sam's birth.  If she didn't have a hysterectomy I am sure her OB strongly recommended no more children.... But Jill knows best if she still has a uterus she will have more it's just a matter of time.

• Love 16

Zach’s best friend is Whitney. There is Nothing wrong with a person calling their significant other nightly while away. Especially in the age of cell phone and no long distance charges to deal with.   If he was homesick, then he was homesick. He stayed.  He got thru it- and is stronger for it. A  trip away won’t be a big deal in the future.  At least he is willing to step out into ordinary life. 

I don’t  understand how the Dillards, Seewald or Duggars get thru ordinary life. A basic argument over something like how you squeeze the toothpaste must just send them to their knees.  I’d like to see film of some door slamming. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

In his defense, my boyfriend was in the army and said many, many of the younger recruits cried themselves to sleep during basic training. They eventually got over it.

I'm a crier myself so I don't have an issue with others (including men) who are more sensitive and cry easily. 

You posted this before I could respond.  It was also my experience during basic training.  It was eerie sound during the first few nights. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Zach’s best friend is Whitney. There is Nothing wrong with a person calling their significant other nightly while away. Especially in the age of cell phone and no long distance charges to deal with.   If he was homesick, then he was homesick. He stayed.  He got thru it- and is stronger for it. A  trip away won’t be a big deal in the future.  At least he is willing to step out into ordinary life. 

I don’t  understand how the Dillards, Seewald or Duggars get thru ordinary life. A basic argument over something like how you squeeze the toothpaste must just send them to their knees.  I’d like to see film of some door slamming. 

I don't think they do that. I think that any overt display of emotion has been beaten out of them, and I would imagine it's all passive-aggressive cold-shouldering and silent-treatmenting and even -- in extreme cases -- the Lord laid it on my hearting . . .

• Love 6

While Jill’s choice of clothing wouldn’t be anything I would choose,I have to congratulate her for choosing a shorter skirt, for someone who has spent a lifetime covering up, I want to encourage her in her new fashion choices.

The runners/sneakers are so so so much better than any footwear I’ve seen on Jill, with the exception of the flats she wore at a wedding once 

I don’t really understand the snark, she’s trying something different and is still tarred and feathered

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Totally said:

I don’t really understand the snark, she’s trying something different and is still tarred and feathered

I actually thought she looked really cute. Much more modern than what we're used to seeing from her. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Totally said:

Snarking does not equal "tarring & feathering".

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Totally said:

While Jill’s choice of clothing wouldn’t be anything I would choose,I have to congratulate her for choosing a shorter skirt, for someone who has spent a lifetime covering up, I want to encourage her in her new fashion choices.

The runners/sneakers are so so so much better than any footwear I’ve seen on Jill, with the exception of the flats she wore at a wedding once 

She looks MUCH better than her usual look.  Her skirt and Non-Flip Flop footware is fabulous! 

I'm just really surprised that she chose that blue top because it is unflattering and makes her look heavier than she actually is.  Most women choose things to make them look thinner, not heavier, or pregnant!  I know Jill is not fashion conscious but still.... 

I'm just puzzled by the choice of her large blue top and very thick pumpkin sweater which is adding a lot of weight and bulk to her.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Marigold said:

She looks MUCH better than her usual look.  Her skirt and Non-Flip Flop footware is fabulous! 

I'm just really surprised that she chose that blue top because it is unflattering and makes her look heavier than she actually is.  Most women choose things to make them look thinner, not heavier, or pregnant!  I know Jill is not fashion conscious but still.... 

I'm just puzzled by the choice of her large blue top and very thick pumpkin sweater which is adding a lot of weight and bulk to her.  

Yeah, I like elements of the outfit, and she does look as though she's trying out some new things, but it's more a matter of balance than anything. If the blue top didn't come down quite as far over the skirt, I think it would look better. I don't even mind those colors all together, but it's all chopping her torso into a unflattering shape.

• Love 2

Ya know, The Duggars are odd girls.

When they are pregnant, their clothing is screaming tight.

When not pregnant, they wear loose and shapeless clothing that makes them look pregnant.

I know they are showing off they are !!!PREGNANT!!! but they gotta be miserable stuffed into a t-shirt like a sausage and then look like a slob when not pregnant.  It's a bizarre life those girls are living! 

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yeah, I like elements of the outfit, and she does look as though she's trying out some new things, but it's more a matter of balance than anything. If the blue top didn't come down quite as far over the skirt, I think it would look better. I don't even mind those colors all together, but it's all chopping her torso into a unflattering shape.

You're right, the proportions are completely off.  It doesn't help that the skirt is the color of old underpants either.  Had the skirt been the same color as the top, it would've helped a lot, as would some sort of belt to give her a waistline.  I like the shoes, far more stylish and practical that the flip flops from the Dollar Store she usually wears.

• Love 5

So the Duggar women’s look is to ALWAYS look pregnant. What a miserable existence; I’d rather simultaneously give birth without an epidural, and have a root canal without anesthesia than live that way. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think Jill's just slightly more concerned with her looks than Joy. Which is to say, not at all. She probably never shops. 

I wonder whether, with that communal closet full of Goodwill donations, two strong possibilities might be -- come out of it dying to look good at all costs ... or come out of it completely determined not ever to think about how you look...ever. .

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Derick looked good because he  had a real education and a job that didn't  depend on toeing JB's party line .  

Edited by lianau
towing and toeing are not the same thing
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I love that you know the difference between toeing and towing, lianau.  All over the internet I see "towing the line" and it always makes me picture someone picking up the white line on a highway, shouldering it and walking away.  Like in a cartoon.  

Same here! Actually, I've seen it so much that my first thought on seeing Lianau's post was that it had been misspelled yet again - followed immediately by, "Aaargh! I'm the one who is forgetting how to spell now!". Even though I've never in my life had a problem with spelling, I find myself so often nowadays having to stop and actually remind myself of which spelling is correct when it comes to many of the really common errors just because I've seen them so often since the internet came along that my brain seems to have somehow filed them under a new "normal".

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Darknight said:

It's crazy everyone thought Derrick would be good for Jill. I think Jessa lucked out with Ben

Jill didn't know Derick at all before their marriage. She had a few Skype conversations with him ( quoting Bible verses),  and the meeting in Nepal where she acted like a 13 yr old. She was in lust not in love. JB wanted to marry her off and to JB Derick  was a good prospect. It was just all too sudden, and now they're stuck with each other. I think Benessa were attracted to each other from the beginning and have fallen in love as time has gone by. Jinger is in love with Jeremy, and Jeremy is in love with Jeremy, so that's works for now. Why he married such a young, sheltered, uneducated girl to be his partner is beyond me. I think he may tire of this relationship sooner or later.

Joy and Austin have known each other the longest. The families are friends and they grew up together. Yes, they are two  dolts, but they seem to really care about each other. They have common interests and Joy doesn't seem to have any lofty aspirations other than to be a mother. Austin will keep her barefoot and pregnant.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Jill didn't know Derick at all before their marriage. She had a few Skype conversations with him ( quoting Bible verses),  and the meeting in Nepal where she acted like a 13 yr old. She was in lust not in love. JB wanted to marry her off and to JB Derick  was a good prospect. It was just all too sudden, and now they're stuck with each other. I think Benessa were attracted to each other from the beginning and have fallen in love as time has gone by. Jinger is in love with Jeremy, and Jeremy is in love with Jeremy, so that's works for now. Why he married such a young, sheltered, uneducated girl to be his partner is beyond me. I think he may tire of this relationship sooner or later.

Joy and Austin have known each other the longest. The families are friends and they grew up together. Yes, they are two  dolts, but they seem to really care about each other. They have common interests and Joy doesn't seem to have any lofty aspirations other than to be a mother. Austin will keep her barefoot and pregnant.

Agreed with your assessment. I hope that Jinger blossoms enough under Jeremy's tutelage (?) that they will become more evenly matched, and that Jeremy does not decide that actually having a strong partner is threatening. It will be interesting to see where this dynamic goes.

As far as Jill, I don't think she was even in lust, per se. Maybe a 13-year-old style "puppy lust" where it's a thrill to write his name, and the brush of a hand brings a jumble of non-specific yearning, but not actual jump-his-bones lust.

I actually was just reading my old diary, which got unearthed in a box at Mom's house, which I'd kept from the time I was 13 until just shy of 24 (I actually more or less trailed off in writing shortly before I met Mr. Jyn, and wish, now, that I had some of those thoughts recorded for posterity). In any case, I was also a very late bloomer, extremely shy, socially awkward, and prone to wild,over-the-top crushes, 90% on movie stars and such, who I knew I would never meet, but "loved" with every fiber of my being, and the rest on real-life guys who I swooned over, but almost never actually even spoke to . I didn't get my first kiss until I was 21, and it took about three more spread over the next couple of years before I actually enjoyed them. So, if Jill is anything like that, I really doubt that any of her feelings toward Dreck were even coherent enough to be actual lust. 

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Darknight said:

It's crazy everyone thought Derrick would be good for Jill. 

I originally thought so.  On paper he looked promising.  His mother seemed normal too.  

• Love 12

I must admit he fooled me as well. Maybe those of us who had hope were fooled by his college education and seemingly secular childhood activities. We live, we learn, unlike the Duggars.

• Love 6
On 11/4/2017 at 6:15 PM, cereality said:

Get him a job in the registrars office/financial aid office/health system billing department or somewhere on that campus and get her a job in the university daycare/preschool (which every large university has) or as a nanny for a professor living on campus; enroll her 2 kids in said daycare/preschool and boom the whole family is on campus every day together and can meet up on lunches and breaks, commute to and from work/school together etc. But alas it's easier to sit at home and have donations and TLC checks rolling in with your days broken up by some "ministry" or some outrage at some ill that is happening in this nation bc people have lost religion . . . .

What has happened to Derick's brain? He's not that many yrs out of college (about 5 yrs)? He must have his private moments where he thinks back to some all nighter that he pulled and scored the A; or some group project that they worked on 24-7 and did really well on; or some internship or job (Walmart accounting maybe?) that he scored that he really really wanted at the time?? Doesn't he miss having SOME sense of hard work/accomplishment/fulfillment? Can he really say he's getting that from fake missions and twitter? Aren't those memories even more prominent now as his current "job" (don't know if it's real or made up) seems to have him around UofA students -- so he's surely hearing them talk about exams and on campus interviews and dream jobs and where they hope to be when they're 25?? How can he not think a little about what might have been?

To get a job on our campus you AT LEAST have to have a bachelors degree for nearly all jobs (I was going to say all but many of our kitchen staff don't have college degrees but they do have experience!).  She doesn't even have a high school diploma.  I would be SUPER pissed if I knew I was passed over for some barely literate semi celeb who needed a job just so she doesn't have to live in fear of wayward shower rods or be separated from her husband.  She does have experience with kids, however, would YOU want a Duggar in charge of the most important person/people in your life?  A family who has a history of blanket training and other questionable standards of care?   I want them ALL to succeed on their own merits and not because of their names.

• Love 17

The daycare on my campus hires early childhood education students and elementary education students as part-time aides and works around their class schedules. To be a teacher, you have to have a bachelor's in early childhood education. There is no way Jill would get a job anywhere on campus, except as a janitor, without at least an associate's degree.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

To get a job on our campus you AT LEAST have to have a bachelors degree for nearly all jobs (I was going to say all but many of our kitchen staff don't have college degrees but they do have experience!).  She doesn't even have a high school diploma.  I would be SUPER pissed if I knew I was passed over for some barely literate semi celeb who needed a job just so she doesn't have to live in fear of wayward shower rods or be separated from her husband.  She does have experience with kids, however, would YOU want a Duggar in charge of the most important person/people in your life?  A family who has a history of blanket training and other questionable standards of care?   I want them ALL to succeed on their own merits and not because of their names.

I think that the sort of day-care assistant type jobs would be filled by students. Those are the kinds of jobs that are part of student-work programs that help students make spending money while they're in school. I completely agree, too, that her experience with kids would be more of a disadvantage than an advantage. As a Duggar, she knows everything she needs to know about everything and isn't open to learning new things. The idea that she would be expected to learn and apply child-rearing techniques that differ from the perfect J'chelle/Gothard/Pearl methods would be a complete non-starter for her.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Cathy's a fucking prude. The guy has every right to do what he wants with his business. 

But, but, but she is afraid of her precious Godly son being tainted by Godless, heathen strippers that take their clothes off. *shudder*

I say Josh and Derick can go "minister" to them and bring Anne http://www.hookersforjesus.net/ to help out the cause. I'm sure Mz Cathy would be all over converting those Godless hussies.

• Love 7

They're so dumb. Don't like strippers? Don't go to a strip club. My only objection would be if was on the same block as a school. Other than that, who gives two shits about it? 

Oh, right. Zealous prudes. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, ariel said:

I'm praying Tony C can turn his restaurant into a strip club.  I'm calling on all the heathen prayer warriors to pray with me.

Amen! Mz Cathy will go batshit when her warriors didn't pull through for her.

• Love 6

Probably. I was thinking about girls working their way through college working at Hooters and/or strip joints. It's pretty damn common these days with tuition so high. 

They're just all up in arms because men are sinning. They don't give a shit about the women other than that they are causing men to sin. They're just sluts to these freaks. 

• Love 6