Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you. I came across a list of recent license actions in Arkansas, and couldn't recall his name. He's not on the list. 

I'm pretty sure his license was reinstated a couple of years ago. 

6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you!  I am going to have to admit that is me.  My other name :).

I KNEW it was one of us. The Mustard Sweater is a character on these forums like Michelle's Green Shirt. 

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I KNEW it was one of us. The Mustard Sweater is a character on these forums like Michelle's Green Shirt. 

Me too :)  came here to find out when I saw that!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you!  I am going to have to admit that is me.  My other name :).

I laughed.  Those are the best posts because he must know we're laughing but what can he say? 

• Love 4

I could imagine that Jill turned down the volunteer position with the "my Spanish isn't good enough" due to simple fear. Her whole life has been ruled by fear of everything, fear of making a mistake and thus losing Daddy's or God's favor. So if she messed up in Spanish OMG IT WOULD BE THE END OF THE WORLD. It's an idea, anyway. If she's terrified of shower curtains, she can be terrified of engaging in actual, improvised, everyday conversation in a foreign language that she's supposedly devoted to learning.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I think the DEA still won't let Dr Fedosky prescribe anything.

The DEA only looks at narcotics and other controlled substances.  If he has a license to practice, Dr. Fedosky must be able to prescribe anything other than controlled substances such as antibiotics, blood pressure meds, etc.  I don't recall why he lost his license in the past, if it wasn't for illegally providing controlled substances, his license to prescribe them would unlikely be affected.  There are, however, multiple doctors who, due to past violations with narcotics, etc., do not have DEA licensure but still practice.  If they see a patient who needs a narcotic, they refer them out.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, answerphone said:

The mustard sweater and Michelle's green shirt! Best laugh I've had all week!  And we could add a few more of their clothing favorites.

The long chevron skirt . . . frequently seen on Jill.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The DEA only looks at narcotics and other controlled substances.  If he has a license to practice, Dr. Fedosky must be able to prescribe anything other than controlled substances such as antibiotics, blood pressure meds, etc.  I don't recall why he lost his license in the past, if it wasn't for illegally providing controlled substances, his license to prescribe them would unlikely be affected.  There are, however, multiple doctors who, due to past violations with narcotics, etc., do not have DEA licensure but still practice.  If they see a patient who needs a narcotic, they refer them out.

I don't remember the whole story now, but it had to do with controlled substances and an addiction, if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, answerphone said:

The mustard sweater and Michelle's green shirt! Best laugh I've had all week!  And we could add a few more of their clothing favorites.

The infinity scarves!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't remember the whole story now, but it had to do with controlled substances and an addiction, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes I was able to confirm this pretty easily. 

• Love 1

Re: The armed guards and 24/7 security at their gated community.

As it was explained to me, there are armed guards EVERYWHERE down there. It's 100% commonplace to see them randomly standing outside buildings, on street corners, at stores, etc ... Part of the ministry's promise to their missionaries is taking their safety seriously. So, they employ the guards and invested in the gated community to entice more people to come. I was told that the guards have never engaged anyone in a gunfight, but they have turned away tourists and locals who just wanted to see the "celebrities" and get autographs or whatever. 

• Love 3

I believe it is dangerous, especially if the people in DA are aware they have some celebrity status in the US. They just lost a 'friend' to violence. 

So that begs the question, why is this grifting weasel and his coward wife begging for $8000/month (24000/3) publically so they can go and trash talk the entire experience. Can't TLC set them up in a different plot line. 

• Love 15
(edited)
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think Derick planned on marrying a full-time SAHM. Jill was supposed to be studying to be a midwife.

That's exactly what I think!!! I actually feel for Jill on this one, because being a SAHM is far from being an unreasonable expectation, especially if you have tons of family money to pay for it and bring a free mansion into the marriage. It's not like they're struggling in a trailer with derick working the night shift, where her getting a job would make all the difference in the world. Derick is just lazy and takes no pride in working. Since he hates working, it's "unfair" for Jill to get out of it. I think she isn't unreasonable to expect to stay home, focused on her children, for at least the first few births and while they're little. I would love to be a SAHM someday, and I would hate for my husband to constantly push me to take Spanish and bible classes, and dabble in midwifery while I just wanted to focus on my home and family. Still, we would have this discussion before marriage, annnnnd I would actually cook real food and clean, not have my sisters do it. 

But then again, that's what happens when you marry a stranger...

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 17
On July 22, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Sew Sumi said:

The doctor was writing prescriptions for narcotic pain meds and having them filled for his own use.  The first time he tried to get his narcotics license reinstated, he was denied because he'd relapsed, I believe.  I did quite a lot of research, and I found out that his wife Teresa (the fake midwife) had a nasty little drug habit herself at one time.

• Love 5

Cross-posting from the JinJer thread (my own post): 

Teresa Fedosky was actually on the list for midwives in training  in AR as of early June, but the state released a new list of trainees and licensed midwives in late June, and Fedoksy's name was no longer on it. Kinda wondering what happened to her...

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Cross-posting from the JinJer thread (my own post): 

If she's not listed as a trainee and she's not a licensed lay midwife, then I suspect she's like Jill; either she flunked the licensure exam, didn't meet clinical criteria for licensure (not enough supervised births, etc.) or otherwise washed out (supervisor didn't think she was qualified).  And, just like Jill, the longer she is away from it, the less likely she'll ever be licensed.

Another option: certainly in the case of certified nurse midwives or physicians, attending home births as an amateur doesn't tend to sit well with the various licensing bodies. We all know 'Miss Teresa' attended births, I'm sure the lay midwifery board knows it too; maybe they did the right thing and refused to license her.

• Love 9

She hadn't been in the training section for long. I've been keeping an eye on that list to see if Jill ever passed the AR requirements (she hasn't). Fedosky hadn't been on the list long enough to qualify to take the exam. I doubt her zillions of unattended births count towards the total of births she must attend with her proctor to attain the number required to even sit for the NARM exam, let alone the AR state one. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I assumed that was common knowledge. If not, I guess someone sent the board a YouTube video of the toilet birth or Mack's less eventful birth. 

The Fedoskys are pure shysters trying to make it on the fringes of medicine. In his case, I guess someone has to graduate last in their class. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I don't know...IMO, Derick looks a bit buzzed in that picture to me...anyhow..........How could Jill have trained under someone who didn't even have a real license? Wouldn't ALL of Jill's field experience not count? If so, how could she have qualified to take whatever test it was that she took? So, Mrs. Fedosky is really behind Jill in training and qualifying? Doesn't add up to me.

Getting back to Derick...He was a nice looking young man back in college. what the heck happened to Derick since?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/22/2017 at 0:21 AM, answerphone said:

I have to know - has Michelle ever worn the mustard cardigan with the green shirt?  Or is the mustard cardigan only shared amongst the sisters?  Was it originally Michelle's?  Did it come from Goodwill?  How long has it been in the family?

We could almost start a thread on the ol' MC.  After all, it has more personality than anyone in that family.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13

I've never seen Michelle wear it.  The older girls have most all been shown in two different versions of the Mustard Cardigan.  There is a longer one and a shorter one.  Imagine buying TWO Mustard Sweaters!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't know...IMO, Derick looks a bit buzzed in that picture to me...anyhow..........How could Jill have trained under someone who didn't even have a real license? Wouldn't ALL of Jill's field experience not count? If so, how could she have qualified to take whatever test it was that she took? So, Mrs. Fedosky is really behind Jill in training and qualifying? Doesn't add up to me.

That one is easy.  Jill never trained under Ms. Fedosky.  She began with Venessa Giron.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That's exactly what I think!!! I actually feel for Jill on this one, because being a SAHM is far from being an unreasonable expectation, especially if you have tons of family money to pay for it and bring a free mansion into the marriage. It's not like they're struggling in a trailer with derick working the night shift, where her getting a job would make all the difference in the world. Derick is just lazy and takes no pride in working. Since he hates working, it's "unfair" for Jill to get out of it. I think she isn't unreasonable to expect to stay home, focused on her children, for at least the first few births and while they're little. I would love to be a SAHM someday, and I would hate for my husband to constantly push me to take Spanish and bible classes, and dabble in midwifery while I just wanted to focus on my home and family. Still, we would have this discussion before marriage, annnnnd I would actually cook real food and clean, not have my sisters do it. 

I don't think that Derick was expecting Jill to work all that much outside the home, exactly. Considering her upbringing and his dive into fundamentalism, as well as the income he knew they'd be getting from the show (at least until the scandals hit), he can't have expected her to ever have an actual job in the states, midwifery training or not. I mean, she quit her training as soon as she got engaged. He might have thought that midwifery would be a hobby for her and just attend the occasional birth of friends and family. 

What he probably did expect was to have a wife who would be useful as a fellow missionary, since missionary work was the thing that they first bonded over and she really believed was something she wanted to do. He probably thought she has a good working knowledge of Spanish already, since she'd traveled with SOS so many times and took Spanish classes. I can see him and Jill fantasizing about being the Great White Hopes of tiny Central American village, with Derick spreading Jesus all over the place and Jill being the midwife revered for bringing "medical" "expertise" from the states. He likely thought they'd be posted for years "in the field," not just be a glorified tour guide for missioncationers and have to frequently return to the US because his useless wife can't deal.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think that Derick was expecting Jill to work all that much outside the home, exactly. Considering her upbringing and his dive into fundamentalism, as well as the income he knew they'd be getting from the show (at least until the scandals hit), he can't have expected her to ever have an actual job in the states, midwifery training or not. I mean, she quit her training as soon as she got engaged. He might have thought that midwifery would be a hobby for her and just attend the occasional birth of friends and family. 

What he probably did expect was to have a wife who would be useful as a fellow missionary, since missionary work was the thing that they first bonded over and she really believed was something she wanted to do. He probably thought she has a good working knowledge of Spanish already, since she'd traveled with SOS so many times and took Spanish classes. I can see him and Jill fantasizing about being the Great White Hopes of tiny Central American village, with Derick spreading Jesus all over the place and Jill being the midwife revered for bringing "medical" "expertise" from the states. He likely thought they'd be posted for years "in the field," not just be a glorified tour guide for missioncationers and have to frequently return to the US because his useless wife can't deal.

Well now I wonder whether Jill lied or exaggerated her fluency in Spanish to get in Derick's good graces.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Well now I wonder whether Jill lied or exaggerated her fluency in Spanish to get in Derick's good graces.

Si, totalmente. She did a lot of subtle misrepresentation during the courtship.

• Love 14

I was thinking more about derick wanting Jill to be useful in something, and maybe he has a different perspective since his dad died. If Cathy had been a SAHM with no college education, no skills, and the mental development of a 13-year-old, things could have been rough. My mom was a SAHM, but had a ten-year career in a good field before she stopped to raise us. If anything had happened to my dad, she could have found a decent job and we would have been fine financially. 

The thing that makes no sense to me is why derick did work at Walmart for that year. Maybe he wanted to be close by for filming, but it seems like if all the experience he had was being a missionary, and that's what he and Jill both wanted to do, they would have gone ahead and done it! I assumed they had the good sense to stay in the comfort of the US while having their first few babies, but apparently it wasn't that. It probably was a combination of filming, along with cathy's support since her son living close would be a dream come true!

• Love 3

@Zahdii I was already going to like your post, but that Men in Tights quote makes me wish I can heart it 1000 times.

I completely agree with your take on Derick. I think he and Jill, more than even average inexperienced young people, had a lot of lofty dreams without even considering that reality might not accommodate them. I don't even think Jill deliberately misled him--she probably honestly believed that she could hack it living abroad in a developing country and that her Spanish was decent and that she was getting a real midwifery education. She likely does know a lot of Spanish compared to her the rest of her family, and she is/was more energetic and enthusiastic than any of her siblings, so in her tiny world, she was totally prepared to be a missionary. And Derick was so enamored with the Duggar family and fundamentalism in general that he didn't even know what were the important questions to ask.

• Love 24
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I have to know - has Michelle ever worn the mustard cardigan with the green shirt?  Or is the mustard cardigan only shared amongst the sisters?  Was it originally Michelle's?  Did it come from Goodwill?  How long has it been in the family?

We could almost start a thread on the ol' MC.  After all, it has more personality than anyone in that family.

Mustard sweaters were a trend (or maybe they still are). Since people started pointing out the mustard sweaters, I've seen them on other people and in stores. I'm sure the Duggars didn't orginate the trend. I think it's on-trend color (and has been for a while). Since most of their clothes weren't or aren't trendy, they love wearing something they think is cool and stylish. (Especially since Jessa seems to have it worn the most.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8
On 7/21/2017 at 7:13 PM, Marigold said:

Marigold, I double dare you to start a twitter handle named Michelle's Green Shirt.  Yolo on RHBH had a twitter handle for her fridge and this shirt has been in FAR more eps than that fridge ever was.  It has nearly risen to star status!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

The thing that makes no sense to me is why derick did work at Walmart for that year. Maybe he wanted to be close by for filming, but it seems like if all the experience he had was being a missionary, and that's what he and Jill both wanted to do, they would have gone ahead and done it! I assumed they had the good sense to stay in the comfort of the US while having their first few babies, but apparently it wasn't that. It probably was a combination of filming, along with cathy's support since her son living close would be a dream come true!

I wonder if perhaps he promised his mother to try the corporate job route for one year at least.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I've never seen Michelle wear it.  The older girls have most all been shown in two different versions of the Mustard Cardigan.  There is a longer one and a shorter one.  Imagine buying TWO Mustard Sweaters!!!

Thank you for pointing that there are two sweaters. I've watched a bunch of shopping un-boxings on You Tube and a mustard sweater was picked quite a bit by stylists. So that color was used as a neutral a couple of seasons ago in many collections. Just sayin'.

• Love 2

Has there been a People article about Jill/Samuel yet?  I forgot to look when I went to the store.

I have a mustard down vest.  I bought it on clearance a couple of years ago.  My friend saw me wearing it and said "oh yeah...Harvest Gold."

That was a thing in the 70's, along with avocado green.  I had the HG washer and dryer.

Ah, memories...

• Love 7
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

Has there been a People article about Jill/Samuel yet?  I forgot to look when I went to the store.

No article yet, but it took several weeks before they did one on Jessa's last birth.  We should know about this week's issue on Wednesday. They did put a little blurb about the birth on the page where they put all the weddings, births and deaths a couple weeks ago.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Nobody comes off looking good here, do they? KJB and J-Chelle were so desperate to get at least one daughter married off that they chose a man that could not have been more wrong for her -- did they not know what the missionary requirements of his church were, or did they just not care? Did they realize that her "certificate" barely qualifies her to listen to a baby's heartbeat and even then, anyone with an IQ above room temp would ask for a qualified and experienced professional? He was so desperate to find anyone to have sex with that he married a woman that was a stranger and didn't bother asking her if she had the educational background to serve as a missionary in his denomination. Did they never talk at all about her schooling until after they were married and it was too late? (What the fuck did they talk about while they were on the chaperoned "dates"? The weather?) Jilly Muffin was so desperate to get out of the house that she married the first guy with a pulse who could fill out KJB's fifty-page application and didn't bother either telling him or doing a 30 second Google search (one has to imagine that Google is verboten in that household, come to think of it) on what was expected, educationally and personally, as a missionary's wife in his denomination. HE could have done a Google search on what exactly her "certificate" qualified her to do as well -- it must have been too hard for him.

Who ARE these people?

• Love 19
(edited)

In mustard-sweater's defense, a select few people with certain coloring look really great in mustard. But it's not a color that looks great on everyone (maybe not even on most people). I don't think the Duggarettes have the coloring to pull off mustard (especially with the fake tans & super dark eye make-up). And mustard is a very stand-out color. Even if you can pull off wearing it, items of clothing in mustard aren't things you can wear constantly without someone easily noticing you're always in the same clothes (like, for example, what you can do with a black sweater, black skirt, dark wash jeans, etc).

A piece or two of mustard clothing really doesn't make sense as an item in their communal closet when these people are on TV/have relatively large social media followings as the mustard sweater(s) will stand out a lot as they are passed around andirons a lot in a way that say, a black sweater wouldn't necessarily catch our eye.

As for Jill and Derrick's mission and the info from the SOS lady, if even half of that stuff is true, how do I apply? They had me at free childcare & people doing their cooking and cleaning. (grumbling as I write out a check for my two babies' daycare for the month that's more than my house note, thinking about the laundry I have to do tonight, mentally planning dinners for the week, and having a job that requires actual work)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 21

I might also mention that it is almost comical when one considers that Jilly Muffin was "the favorite" and got saddled with arguably the second worst husband of the bunch. (Joshley Madison has a death grip on #1.) Not a Bin fan but Jessa Blessa had the last laugh on ol' Dad.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Dillard marriage in the next couple of years. I predict Triple D will be spending a lot of time on the "mission field" while Jilly Muffin stays home in the US with the kids.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

@Zahdii I was already going to like your post, but that Men in Tights quote makes me wish I can heart it 1000 times.

I completely agree with your take on Derick. I think he and Jill, more than even average inexperienced young people, had a lot of lofty dreams without even considering that reality might not accommodate them. I don't even think Jill deliberately misled him--she probably honestly believed that she could hack it living abroad in a developing country and that her Spanish was decent and that she was getting a real midwifery education. She likely does know a lot of Spanish compared to her the rest of her family, and she is/was more energetic and enthusiastic than any of her siblings, so in her tiny world, she was totally prepared to be a missionary. And Derick was so enamored with the Duggar family and fundamentalism in general that he didn't even know what were the important questions to ask.

I don't believe Jill purposely misled Derrick about her credentials either. If someone told me they had been meeting with their "sweet friend" the Spanish tutor for years, I would assume they were relatively fluent. What Derrick didn't know (I'm assuming) was these are the Duggars who can replace years of education with observing for a few hours. It may not have occurred to Jill that "Buenos Dias, me llamo Jill! Jésus! wasn't enough to get by in DA and I doubt it occurred to Derrick to dig deeper. 

• Love 11