Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

According to MEchelle she just loves, loves, loves Grandbabies. So her actions don't match her BS.

Once the Binessa baby comes around she will be all over that baby for sure. She has no heart for Derick does she but has the hots for Bin and it would give her an opportunity to go over there spend time and inviting him to pray with her. Hussie!

Oh she will be inviting him to do more with her!  Those fresh young sperm.  I think she will be front hugging him - just in case she can catch another baby!  

I feel a little sick after writing this.  

ETA:  OH BENGERMIN!

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

I want to know why they bothered setting up and filling the birthing pool.  One of the first rules when the water breaks is no getting in tubs or pools.  Doing so greatly increases the chances of infection.

This just isn't true.  Sitting in clean water is perfectly acceptable in labor, even if the water is broken.  I practice in a real hospital, part of a major medical center.  We have tubs available and women can use them for labor.  Delivering in the tub is still considered somewhat less acceptable in traditional medical circles (ACOG made a statement about water deliveries last year) but midwives, even CNM's, often deliver babies in the water.  The ACNMN, the professional organization representing nurse midwives disagrees with ACOG's stance that more research is needed before declaring water birth safe.  However, both organizations advocate laboring in water for women who choose to do so, regardless of ruptured membranes or not.

The vaginal walls are in direct contact with one another, back to front, when there isn't something at the opening (a pens, a tampon, a baby's head) and water doesn't enter into the vagina itself, let alone up to the cervix, unless it is forced there.

• Love 4

I'm still not clear about why she's doing it. They are famewhores and probably don't want to fall out of the limelight by saying -- sorry we're taking 4 weeks to ourselves and won't be going anywhere or doing People interviews; after all then the attention will be gone as they'll start focusing on Jessa's pregnancy or Josiah's courtship. But these days, you can stay home and still make yourself "relevant" by putting up IG pics daily. Does she have some misguided notion that despite what doctors or midwives say, Duggar women are able to squat down and give birth and a few hours later be back to normal??

They're out in the rice paddy the next day ... oh no, wait, that was a novel by Pearl S. Buck...

• Love 7

Princess Kate has some advice for Jill Duggar Dillard: STFU.

I'm astonished that Jilly Muffin has the gall to offer anyone else "advice" on dealing with an overdue baby, seeing as how she wasn't smart enough to get her ass to the hospital in a timely manner during her "70 hour labor", for starters.

It's not often my jaw actually drops when I'm reading something, especially in a "celebrity" magazine/article, but this did it. Is she kidding???

Just watched the preview and what bullshit is coming out of her mouth a great big FU to the internets.

If her labor started at around 2am on Saturday, as they claim, why was it light out when they captioned both 24 and 48 hours of labor? And why was she still at home two days later? The first story claimed she went to the hospital 20 hours in. This story is probably the true one; Jill's common sense has been proven to be quite poor during both labor/delivery and post-birth. 

• Love 1

Oh she will be inviting him to do more with her! Those fresh young sperm. I think she will be front hugging him - just in case she can catch another baby!

I feel a little sick after writing this.

ETA: OH BENGERMIN!

Thank you, I'm going to go throw up now.

• Love 3
(edited)

This just isn't true.  Sitting in clean water is perfectly acceptable in labor, even if the water is broken.  I practice in a real hospital, part of a major medical center.  We have tubs available and women can use them for labor.

That's interesting.   Maybe our local facilities are overly cautious or out of date.  Sorry if it conflicts with what your center permits.   None of our local hospitals let women in the tub after the membranes rupture.  I was told by two OBs absolutely no tub or pool after the membranes rupture.  I didn't mean to give out bad information, but was going on what OBs here have said.  

Edited by Absolom

Jill isn't giving Princess Kate advice, she's schooling everyone else about what to say/not say to an overdue pregnant woman. Of course Jill, the know-it-all, LOVES telling everyone else what to do. Duh, Jill. Everything you said was just common sense, of course you and your dull family wouldn't know common sense if it smacked you in the head. Most people wouldn't labor at home 46 hours before they finally decided to go to the hospital either, you dum-dum.

I think the Duggars just had to find some way to stay relevant and in the press, with the impending royal birth. I will say her advice wasn't particularly bad, but yeah, very common sense. Plus I sincerely doubt anyone's going to walk up to Kate and go "damn you're the size of a house!"  She's also probably very well insulated from anyone who's going to be getting advice from a Duggar, or People mag/site.

• Love 4
(edited)

Most women don't carry small elephants the way Jill did so maybe she received a lot of rude comments from socially stunted Fundies and now she's really sensitive about it. Most of the people in her circles have the emotional maturity of a four year old so it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think the Duggars just had to find some way to stay relevant and in the press, with the impending royal birth. I will say her advice wasn't particularly bad, but yeah, very common sense. Plus I sincerely doubt anyone's going to walk up to Kate and go "damn you're the size of a house!"  She's also probably very well insulated from anyone who's going to be getting advice from a Duggar, or People mag/site.

Admittedly I skimmed the article, but it seems like it was more general advice she was asked for and then the Kate quote was tacked on the end to make the article relevant to the royal baby. The Duggars and the Cambridges are People's cash cows, so I'm sure they couldn't resist the chance to get tons of hits for this article that combines both.

I'm more surprised that Jill even knows who they are. I guess I overestimate their insulation from the world. Her hair looks great in the photo upthread. Looks like she got the ends trimmed.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3

Why is it strange that Clown Car is not in any photos. If he did not come out of her Clown Car Shoot she won't care about him.

Heck, even if they did come out of the Clown Car she doesn't care- Jenny and Jordyn come to mind...

• Love 2

Pickles FB page has even more pictures of Jill coming out of church. Jill looks like she is in pain. Girl should have been at home in bed recooperating from her C-Section. She doesn't look hapopy at all I doubt that Derick forced her to go. She really has the worst common sense skills doesn't she?

• Love 5
(edited)

You guys were right - JIll wearing her baby incorrectly is a pattern now, and not just a fluke. I will never understand how someone who's devoted every thought and breathe to her life to pregnancy, delivery, babies, etc., can't take the time to learn how to properly wear a sling. Of course she's going to be Michelle 2.0 and have that kid tied up front in a sling, so noone can forget JILL HAS A BLESSING. She might as well bedazzle LOOK Y'ALL MY YOUNGIN' and put some flashing lights on there.

Also, it infuriates me that Duggars only 'matter' or have any significance when they're in the womb and up to 6 months old, and then when they enter courtships. Josiah is now bumped to the Adult Table, because he's courting and has significance. He can now get to go on fun couples only outings, get special dinners, have a voice, but the rest of them who aren't married can all be dumped on Cinderjana and confined to the TTH.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7

My god that baby is enormous!

A hard fact of life as a "celebrity" in the Internet Age is that you're never allowed to go out in public looking like a schlump again. Someone will see you and snap you, and you'll be lambasted by thousands (or if you're REALLY famous, millions). I would hate it, and I'm not going to criticize how she's dressed. But come on, Jill, you just had a 10 lb parasite cut out of your body. You don't have to make public appearances right now. Take a rest, please.

ps -- Is it normal for her to be in that much pain, for this long?

It's normal for her to be in that much pain post C-Section. What isn't normal is her quest to "feel everything," thereby turning away painkillers. Those painkillers were the only thing keeping me moving the first weeks after all four of my sections. It hurt, and it burnt, and if you moved just a little, or laughed, the pain was seering.

• Love 2

Looks like Josiah is allowed at the grown-ups table now...

What's the deal with Marjorie's legs/feet? Does she have odd posture, is she bow-legged with pro-nated ankles, are these just bad angles in the standing photos we've seen? You'd think a theatre kid would know how to 'stand' in front of an audience. 

• Love 5

That's interesting.   Maybe our local facilities are overly cautious or out of date.  Sorry if it conflicts with what your center permits.   None of our local hospitals let women in the tub after the membranes rupture.  I was told by two OBs absolutely no tub or pool after the membranes rupture.  I didn't mean to give out bad information, but was going on what OBs here have said.

I was given the same instructions -- no sitting in water. Granted that was 20 years ago, but my little sister was told the same thing just under three years ago, by a different doctor in a different part of the country. So obviously policies vary. But I don't think Jill was getting medical advice from anyone, or if she was she didn't take it in.

• Love 2

The problem with answering definitively about medical questions is that medicine is still an art and not a science, unfortunately.  Thus we get different ways approaching practice and treatment and surgery.  Different opinions of cancer treatment, on and on.  Then there are the constantly changing dietary recommendation which I have now taken to totally ignoring.  

• Love 6

When I went in to have my oldest a nurse told me if I wanted I could lay in the tub and try pushing there. I was in so much pain I didn't want to move though (no pain meds) I wasn't offered that with my other 3 so maybe things have changed

It's normal for her to be in that much pain post C-Section. What isn't normal is her quest to "feel everything," thereby turning away painkillers. Those painkillers were the only thing keeping me moving the first weeks after all four of my sections. It hurt, and it burnt, and if you moved just a little, or laughed, the pain was seering

I'm with you, Emme !  I'm sorry for your pain  :)  

Poor Jana looks absolutely miserable ! Never had one, but I've seen C-Sections, and there is some serious shit going on there ! All of your intestines are fling-flung all over the place and they're pulling a baby (in this case a WHOPPER !) out of an incision the size of a mail slot.

I hade my wisdom teeth out - Percoset. Broken ribs - Vicodan. Bone marrow extraction - Morphine. 

I don't personally believe in the "nobility" of enduring pain. It's martyr-y and self-servinglly ridiculous. Watching Jill endure what she's going through while being whisked about all over Hell and creation just two weeks after a SEVENTY hour labor and emergency CC is just ridiculous. Her face is pale and drawn, she has bags under her eyes that have never been there before, and there's no usual spring in her step.

For Pete's sake, give the girl a while to recover...

• Love 6

Watching GMA and they're doing a story Reality Stars Photo causing backlash. One guess what photo they showed. Jill wearing the baby sling. Experts are agreeing with everyone here Jill is not wearing it correctly. GMA contacted Jill and she wouldn't comment on it. Hopefully she will learn or in Duggar terminology train herself on how to use it correctly.

• Love 12

Not to defend Jill, but she is one of MANY mothers who do not know how to carry a baby in a sling properly. Keri Russell (the actress from Felicity) got chewed out a few years back for how she carried her son in a sling. I think she was criticized for carrying him too low.  Anyways, while the slings come with instructions, they typically aren't followed as closely as they should be. I am not sure where Jill got her sling, but I recently found out that some baby boutiques can help parents with adjusting the slings properly if you're unsure as to how to do it.

What's the deal with Marjorie's legs/feet? Does she have odd posture, is she bow-legged with pro-nated ankles, are these just bad angles in the standing photos we've seen? You'd think a theatre kid would know how to 'stand' in front of an audience.

I've noticed the same thing. She always sits and stands with her feet spaced widely apart.

Even though Jill won't comment on Sling-gate I'm hoping she at least takes the advice to heart and carries Iz properly.

• Love 2
(edited)

Watching GMA and they're doing a story Reality Stars Photo causing backlash. One guess what photo they showed. Jill wearing the baby sling. Experts are agreeing with everyone here Jill is not wearing it correctly. GMA contacted Jill and she wouldn't comment on it. Hopefully she will learn or in Duggar terminology train herself on how to use it correctly.

Jill is so smug and self-serving that she will just continue carrying on as she feels. She can't handle criticism, after all she is an EXPERIENCED midwife. How dare people question her parenting skills?

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 10

This is hilarious !

I think Jill might be used as an ongoing educational tool (tool has 2 meanings here) as what NOT to do.   In the accompanying textbook, her chapter would be titled "Disaster"   

Jill is so smug and self-serving that she will just continue carrying on as she feels. She can't handle criticism, after all she is an EXPERIENCED midwife. How dare people question her parenting skills?

I am waiting for the turban sling.       I think she should definitely get an honorary degree as a mid-doof.

• Love 4

With all the pictures of Jill and Derrick using the sling unsafely I am hoping the manufacturer of that sling contacts them and/or sends someone to train them properly!! It is not like it is a secret!

Maybe she's doing it on purpose so no one pays more attention to little blessing then they would to her :^ )

Well, she DID raise Joy, James, Jenny, among others of the children that her freakin MOTHER should have been raising....

Man, I caught the "original Duggar Special Marathon" that ran yesterday. How young they all looked! Especially the girls in those prairie dresses. Jill looking especially....like her father. 

With all the pictures of Jill and Derrick using the sling unsafely I am hoping the manufacturer of that sling contacts them and/or sends someone to train them properly!! It is not like it is a secret! 

I think this is where their insane ideology of life really comes into play. They isolate and insulate themselves from the outside world. They're convinced that their way is the right way and won't be told differently. So it's really no wonder that Jill does idiotic things that most mainstream people have the sense not to.

• Love 8

I think the reality is that maternal medicine shifts around a lot. What is a perfectly acceptable practice with one hospital or OB is considered heresy with another. There really aren't that many hard and fast rules. (After being on the baby board and hearing hundreds of women tell their birthing stories, often contradictory, often insisting that their OB/midwife was "right", only strengthened this opinion of mine.)

• Love 5

This. Exactly this. And having close personal experience with a narcissistic mother who could. not. be. wrong -- I genuinely fear for poor Iz.

• Love 4

I wonder how Derrick's church like's being a part of the latest scandal? (Charitygate - in the media thread). They might ask the Duggardillards to tone it down for awhile.

Agree - Jill will probably make no changes - at least not publicly. And for a number of reasons. A - this is Jill Duggar, Miss Perfect - and touted as such by her own parents and sibs, people who despite how much they love you are usually not likely to call you perfect. B - she's cared for babies for years. C - she's had training in midwifery. D - she's in her early 20s. Twenty-somethings don't yet know how much they don't know. Most 20-somethings think they have this Life thing nailed six ways to Sunday. In all reality she can't really be expected to admit at this point, "Yes, you know. I can see this now. The experts are right, I have been carrying my baby incorrectly..." That would take a fair amount of maturity from a normal 20-something, and we know Jill is far behind the average 20-something as far as emotional maturity goes.

• Love 5

This. Exactly this. And having close personal experience with a narcissistic mother who could. not. be. wrong -- I genuinely fear for poor Iz.

I have a narcissistic parent too. I'm really not sure if Jill really bends that way or not. She's been dealt the doubly whammy of crappy parenting AND celebrity. Bad on top of bad, which would mess anyone one. I'm sure a lot of the assurance of being right comes from their religious views combined with being raised in a bubble that constantly reinforces how awesome they are. You don't even have to DO anything - just post a picture of yourself eating dinner, or sitting around, etc. and you get ten thousand likes and inspirational messages. She's mentally a teenager who can do no wrong. I kind of fear for all the Duggar kids, since someday they'll have to earn paychecks by the sweat of their own brows, and Daddy won't always be there to cut a deal.

Honestly, the best thing for Jill would be to take a break from the cameras and constant exposure for six months. Derrick works. They'll survive.

• Love 5

My late Grandmother was a textbook narcissist and all her kids were insecure people pleasers. I think Jill leans that way which is why she goes overboard to appear perfect. With the sling, she may have been wearing it the way that was most comfortable for her. The Duggar way is to just wing it, they don't bother with silly things like instruction manuals.

• Love 1

I don't know - I can't honestly say if I could earn easy money sending photos of my family doing ordinary things that I'd turn it down. I'm not convinced the family is that involved and influenced by the media, so she may have very little awareness of what people say about her, on either side. I think the whole family is pretty insular.

I have a chronic pain condition and was allowed modest pain meds while breast feeding. Not as much as is typical for most people following surgery, but I didn't have to take none, either. There is some give.

Josiah and Marjorie are standing pretty close together in that picture.  Jim Bob jumped between Jill and Derrick when they were walking in Nepal.  And one of the couples (Jessa and Ben?)  wasn't allowed to hold hands when they were praying.  By the time the littles are in a courtship, they might be shacking up in the shed.

• Love 5

I wasn't allowed any pain meds when my back went out six months after my son was born because I was breast feeding. I am thinking she isn't allowed pain meds due to nursing.

After my c-section in June 2014, I was prescribed Tylenol 3 (the one with codeine) and 600mg Motrin tablets. Both were acceptable with breastfeeding.

• Love 1

Josiah and Marjorie are standing pretty close together in that picture.  Jim Bob jumped between Jill and Derrick when they were walking in Nepal.  And one of the couples (Jessa and Ben?)  wasn't allowed to hold hands when they were praying.  By the time the littles are in a courtship, they might be shacking up in the shed.

Tough to be a control freak with a 50-60-70-year old's energy and attention level. The 200 grandkids will get away with murder.

(edited)

I wasn't allowed any pain meds when my back went out six months after my son was born because I was breast feeding. I am thinking she isn't allowed pain meds due to nursing.

(Standard "I am not a doctor" disclaimer. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.)

At my pharmacy we can always tell when someone just had a baby, especially a c-section. The prescriptions always come in a stack of three, are always dropped off by a man (new dad) or an older woman (mom or mom-in-law of new mom), and are always for percocet, motrin, a stool softener. Oxycodone is excreted in breast milk though, so while doctors around here will give breastfeeding women Percocet they'll also caution to minimize use and to watch the baby for signs of drowsiness, and to make sure that the baby is meeting developmental milestones. Ibuprofen or acetaminophen, on the other hand, would be generally be completely safe for her to take, especially since Iz was a full term, healthy, big baby. Baby motrin and baby tylenol is a thing and is dosed much higher than any amount that would end up in her breastmilk.

Her other option would be something like Tylenol #3, which contains codeine (the AAP considers T#3 safe for breastfeeding, especially after the baby is a week old).

Jill was most definitely given pain management options that she turned down. She is not the first person to have a c-section and want to breastfeed exclusively. It is her fate to suffer for her children, right? To her, that's what makes her a good mother.

EDIT:

Oops, read to the end of the thread before responding. Saylii basically beat me to it.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

Please take extensive talk about Josie's lactose intolerance (or lack thereof) to either the Michelle and Jim Bob thread or the Other Kids thread, please.  Thank you.  It's ok to mention it briefly as a possible background for something related to Iz (although, there is no evidence of any feeding problem with him at the moment), but should not be the majority or whole of your post.

I've moved a few posts on the topic to the Michelle and JimBob thread.