Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Gah! I must be in a mood today. I still get all stabby when I see them in a restaurant sitting side-by-side.

Me too. Ugh. The only time my husband and I sit next to each other at dinner or a restaurant is when we've gone to conferences or conventions, and we've gone to restaurants as a group, and have had long tables for lots of people. But just the 2 of us? Nope. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jill says in the comments the restaurant is called Azul Tequila.

It must be a chain.  We have an AT where I live, and they make really good guacamole at your table, along with great margaritas from the bar.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Someone commented, of course Mexican  food. Jill replied:

2A7E8720-4E5C-4B76-9A7D-F9BA10B859DA.jpeg

Then, she shared this in her stories:

A8337AC2-6F7E-4C67-850D-6FF0B675D87A.jpeg

She has such a knack for posting the most unappetizing food photos! I’m sure it was delicious, but the photo makes it look like a half eaten pile of slop!

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Mima..the cancer survivor, with a kid that's been going to public school, and a DIL that was just out in public on date night. I get it, she needs to see her grandkids...but..well...I wouldn't.

Sorry...I just really hate people like Cathy.

• Love 19

Not a mask in sight and they're indoors next to each other.  What part of virus transmission do they get?  They seem to break all the rules when it suits them.

I see my grandchildren sitting in chairs over 6 feet apart in the backyard for only an hour or two a month.  This is with everyone wearing a mask and passing the hand sanitizer around.  They still don't touch me or me touch them even with all these precautions.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is Derek opposed to working for a woman?  I thought that was a Gothard thing, and he is not Gothard. Aren't they SBC?

I think Derrick has pointed out that his mother works, wears pants and cuts her hair.  He's not a Gothardite at all.  I'm not always fond of the SBC but they aren't a cult (even if they are a bit strange).  I think he is smart enough to take a good job and a good paycheck and probably wouldn't care if his boss was a woman. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I remember reading some uncredited gossip that one of his issues at WM was that his boss was a woman, but unless I am mistaken, that was never confirmed. I don't think he'd be handling U of A law school very well if that was the case. Quite a few women who are professors and directors of various clinics and programs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I agree. If it was a virgin drink, she would have said so. Remember how judgey she used to be about alcohol (goes for the entire family). She would have made a point of noting it was non-alcoholic.

She may not be Wordly enough to know that piña colada’s are supposed to have alcohol, or that virgin drinks exist

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

She may not be Wordly enough to know that piña colada’s are supposed to have alcohol, or that virgin drinks exist

One would think that she'd specifically have to order a virgin PC, though, if the restaurant also had alcoholic ones as well. Which I assume they would.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I agree. If it was a virgin drink, she would have said so. Remember how judgey she used to be about alcohol (goes for the entire family). She would have made a point of noting it was non-alcoholic.

Yes! And she did the opposite, she answered multiple people about it being a Piña Colada. Good for her!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Steff said:

she's now verified in the comments that it was a "regular" pina colada not a virgin one.  Go Jilly Muffin Go!!!!!  She had a shockingly normal date night.  Went out to dinner, got a buzz, & most likely got a piece of ass.   (sorry for the visual)

There is a screenshot on reddit. I'm proud of her for at least trying something new. Jim bob will never have any hold on her again. Family get together are gonna be awkward.

I'm sure Jer has introduced Jingle to alcohol, secretly.

Derick's more like piece of cord-wood, though...

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm sure Jer has introduced Jingle to alcohol, secretly.

Jermy definitely is a "wine with dinner" type and I'm also quite sure he's introduced that to Jinger.  

I do woner how MEshell and Boob will deal with this as they have such a vitriolic hate for alcohol.  Didn't they try to shut down liquor sales in their county or something way back when?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Pina coladas are a great starter drink for Jill.  There's enough sugar to mask the taste of alcohol, but the amount of rum is so low comparatively to other mixed drinks.** Some nice baby steps for Jill.  She can now try a midori sour, amaretto sour, or Malibu and Sprite before moving on to hard-hitting drinks.  Jill is now like my 20 year old self learning about alcohol but without having to try Boone's Farm or insert name of bottom barrel lager the frat boys supplied or well liquor.   Not bad.

**Unless the waiters at the Mexican restaurant you frequent want to get into your pants and they pour half a bottle of rum into your drink.  There was so much rum, I couldn't finish.

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Me too. I’d love to know how those discussions went, who brought it up, whether she worries about her parents and siblings reactions. All the things we’d love to see addressed on the show, and Are actually interesting, now likely never will. 

You are so right! Now, this would actually make an interesting subject to address on a show. But if it has any way at all to make it look as though Boob and Meeechelle have anything but THE most Godly and Correct views on the matter, it will never happen.

• Love 12

This is why you don't burn bridges. No network would touch Derick with a 10' pole, after his antics with TLC. Maybe a news magazine show would do a special, but no one would take them on as a reality family show.

(not that I think they should do reality TV)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, floridamom said:

A VERY short time after Michelle gave birth to #(?) baby, she was seen picketing a local convenience store for selling beer. What an idiot.

That was shortly after Josie was born. The store had applied for a license to sell beer. They weren’t selling it. It ended up the license was not approved.

• Useful 1
On 9/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Pina coladas are a great starter drink for Jill.  There's enough sugar to mask the taste of alcohol, but the amount of rum is so low comparatively to other mixed drinks.** Some nice baby steps for Jill.  She can now try a midori sour, amaretto sour, or Malibu and Sprite before moving on to hard-hitting drinks.  Jill is now like my 20 year old self learning about alcohol but without having to try Boone's Farm or insert name of bottom barrel lager the frat boys supplied or well liquor.   Not bad.

I know everyone's celebrating this as a big step for Jill (and a big FU to Jim Bob) but I can't help but think of the movie The Days of Wind and Roses where an alcoholic Jack Lemmon seduces tee-totaler Lee Remick with a Brandy Alexander (brandy with chocolate liqueur).  Jill may find that dealing with 2 young boys (and Derick) is a lot easier with a couple bottles of "mommy juice" in the fridge. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I work in the courts and completely understand how frustrating all the delays are for jurors.  I also understand that it's quite normal to actually have the judge and the lawyers in fact working on issues on the case out of the hearing of the jury and the jury has no idea and is actually led to believe other matters intervened rather than be told there have been legal arguments going on in the case while the jury is waiting.  That happens a lot because they don't want the jury speculating about what the lawyers could be arguing about and risk anyone on the jury getting carried away by speculation and starting to form any thoughts about the case beyond what they hear from the witness stand.

Sometimes a legal issue comes up in the middle of the case and the jury is sent for a break so the arguments can be made and the judge can rule.  Sometimes the legal issue opens up into a much bigger legal argument and what's expected to be a five- or ten-minute discussion turns into an hour and a half.   Rather than plant any seeds for speculation in the jury's mind it's common for the judge to tell the jury when they return to the courtroom that another emergency case cropped up or the judge was called into some kind of meeting.   Sometimes it's true that an emergency issue on another case does intervene and the court has to take a break to handle it.   Some judges aren't great about reining in legal arguments and keeping long-winded lawyers on track, or like to throw in lots of their own opinions into a discussion and what should be a ten-minute legal argument turns into 45.      

It's really common for jurors to assume that things take so long because judges and lawyers are inconsiderate about jurors' time and are very lax about staying on task and take lots of breaks and long lunches.   Most of the time in the court system I'm in it's actually about the legal process and the wheels of justice just being slow because things get complex.

Thanks, but I wasn't a juror, I was the defendant in two different civil trials.  Occupational hazard for an obstetrician.  Since I wasn't a juror and my own opinion of the proceedings was irrelevant, I got to find out the reasons behind the wasted time. My wonderful attorney, same guy both cases, kept me posted as to the reasons for the various breaks and delays both times and I was not counting time spent in chambers with the attorneys working out scheduling, jury instructions, etc with the judge.  I was talking about all the times we took an extra hour or two for lunch (which was already a ridiculous hour and a half long) because 'the judge has something he wants to do' or the plaintiff's attorney changed his mind about the order of the witnesses and forgot to tell the witness involved so now there is going to be a two or three hour recess in the middle of the day so the right witness can get here.  We wasted, on average, two or more hours a day while legal professionals used their work day to accomplish non work related tasks or to allow for their lack of planning .  I found the general attitudes about it to be disrespectful to those who weren't being paid to be there.  And, no, I don't think the 30 bucks a day that jurors get counts as adequate compensation.

BTW, defense verdicts both times.  First jury unanimous after less than 10 minutes of deliberation.  Second jury 7-1 after a couple of hours.  And, altogether, 13 full work days that could've easily had been completed in less than 9 had there been even a modicum of effort to keep things moving and not allow huge hunks oftime to be wasted.  I'm also not counting the time spent hearing from 'expert' witnesses who were anything but.

As I said, if Jill is going to sit in court with Derick, she needs No Doz.  And a book to read.  Maybe some knitting,  And snacks.  A lot of snacks.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is why you don't burn bridges. No network would touch Derick with a 10' pole, after his antics with TLC. Maybe a news magazine show would do a special, but no one would take them on as a reality family show.

(not that I think they should do reality TV)

I wish there was a law that no minors could appear on reality TV.  I can’t imagine being in school and my classmates seeing all the footage of my embarrassing childhood moments.  Of course the Duggars don’t go to school but the Gosselins certainly do.  I wonder how much shit they get from other students about how much of their lives are out there forever for the world to see.

• Love 16