Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I wonder if they will post right away (or within the day) when it happens or if they will go into social media lockdown and wait for a magazine spread?

Personally - unless there's already a deal involving $$ for it - I think there'll be a wild contest as to which Duggar can get the news out first, and on which platform. 

While watching an episode where Anna cooked for the family. I thought I hope she has lots of pots and pans. So maybe those 3 sets are needed in case the whole circus comes for dinner. Back to #babydillywatch

We have a fairly large set of immediate and extended family members that get together for holidays and potlucks several times per year. We manage to get a meal on the table with less than 3 complete sets of cookware. One also has to ask why Jilly Muffin would need three complete sets of cookware when we have seen that they don't use actual cookware; it's all dump, stir and bake stuff. Anna used disposable foil baking pans to assemble the alleged Thanksgiving dinner.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 1

Wonder if there's a 12-step program for this: Despite all my snark, before I even get out of bed in the morning, I Google them to see if she had the baby overnight. :(

I spent 11 hours thursday (yesterday??) in a library where I didn't have internet.

The first this I did when I got home was check here to see if she had the baby. I, also, am in too deep. But like, I'm worried too. When will Jill have this baby. Once she has this baby I can probably go back to my normal life I hope!

• Love 4

I can never hear that without thinking about the YouTube Kid Farm parody where the mom says, "that's 17 kids, more or less." It makes me laugh every time

ETA: I agree with the thought that Michelle will talk about her many, many labors will Jill is in labor. I can imagine that scenario clearly.

kill.me.now.

Up thread someone said something about Mechelle Waxing. What immediately ran through my mind was Clowncar getting waxed for her beloved Jim boob. Ooooo yuk.

A friend of mine got down on her hands and knees and washed the floor to induce labor it worked for her each time.

LOL! Gotta love nesting (or desperation to deliver).

• Love 1

Oh I'm so happy I'm not the only one (embarrassingly) waiting impatiently for this baby to come....Any time I have a spare moment in my day I'm checking online to see if Baby has come.

LOL welcome to the club.

Now for that name what will it be besides RickJamesBitchDillard?

• Love 2

My cankles had cankles.

Mrs Jumbo - I got all excited when I saw your name was the last one posted. I thought you had a birth announcement for us since you're from their area & may have heard it thru the grape vine.

No, sorry. I only knew one person who was friends with the Duggars (their kids played together I believe). She had that fundie look- no makeup, very long hair, long denim skirt, & humorless. I only met her once so I have no insider info!

"Mom, Jessa mas humming and moving her hips while she brushed her hair!" "Mom, I walked in on Jana in the shower and she was washing her breasts with her bare hands like, over and over..." " Mom, Jinger and J'one-of-the-boys were wrestling and, like, they were touching front to front!" "Mom, Hannie was flipping her skirt up over her knees in church..."

I mean, I made all the specifics up, but this kind of thing. Plus, probably more normal "J'somebody didn't spend the full time on his schoolwork..."

So what happens in the shower? Where u gasp have to touch her genitals. Or what happens in the bathroom where you have to wipe? You cannot just not do these things.

Just went back and was checking Jill's Instagram and people are commenting Bless me Father for I have sinned, Satan is King and Satan 666. I haven't a clue why people would be posting that.

any connection to Palm Sunday?

People think the baby will be named Richard James after his grandfathers. Rick James for short

Is anyone sure  his name was Richard? I heard his name was Rick. I know Rick is a nickname for Richard (I watch Castle), but people do give nicknames as formal names. A lot of Jacks aren't John for example. I also never seen any article or heard anything to indicate Derrick's father was actually Richard. (I googled this quite a bit.)  I think his name was Rick. 

Jim Bob, on the other hand, is definitely James Robert. 

Regardless whether Derrick's father was Richard or Rick, Rick seems the name that Derrick's father most used. DerRICK seems to be in part named for him. 

Hence Rick James

Who also a singer from the '60s, '70s, and '80s. The only song I really know of his is SuperFreak.

So what happens in the shower? Where u gasp have to touch her genitals. Or what happens in the bathroom where you have to wipe? You cannot just not do these things.

You're supposed to use a washcloth, and never touch your body with your hands. I'm not making this up, it was explained to me by someone who grew up in a similar (but less completely insane) environment. But I don't know what the Duggars, specifically, recommend.

Hence Rick James

Who also a singer from the '60s, '70s, and '80s. The only song I really know of his is SuperFreak.

Ack!  When I mentioned the '60s psychedelic music upthread, I was thinking of Jimi Hendrix.  Yes, of course Rick James sang the funky Superfreak in the early '80s. My mind doesn't work anymore.  I blame it on menopause.

• Love 2

You're supposed to use a washcloth, and never touch your body with your hands. I'm not making this up, it was explained to me by someone who grew up in a similar (but less completely insane) environment. But I don't know what the Duggars, specifically, recommend.

that's a lot of laundry.

• Love 3

What about the shower spray hitting....things?

I can picture Jill waiting outside of the bathroom, for the moment you slip up...

"MOM, THE SHOWER WATER IS HITTING JOY-ANNA IN HER PURITY PLACE AND SHE ISNT STOPPING IT!"

• Love 10

There's a book by Dean Koontz where one of the characters has a special glove he puts on in the shower so he's not touching naked flesh with his bare hand.

Is anyone sure  his name was Richard? I heard his name was Rick. I know Rick is a nickname for Richard (I watch Castle), but people do give nicknames as formal names. A lot of Jacks aren't John for example. I also never seen any article or heard anything to indicate Derrick's father was actually Richard. (I googled this quite a bit.)  I think his name was Rick. 

Jim Bob, on the other hand, is definitely James Robert. 

Regardless whether Derrick's father was Richard or Rick, Rick seems the name that Derrick's father most used. DerRICK seems to be in part named for him. 

Hence Rick James

I work with a woman married to a Rick, but in their case his full name is Patrick.

• Love 1

I can picture Jill waiting outside of the bathroom, for the moment you slip up...

"MOM, THE SHOWER WATER IS HITTING JOY-ANNA IN HER PURITY PLACE AND SHE ISNT STOPPING IT!"

And Michelle walking right past, not even thanking Jill for raising the alarm.

I watched the recap of Jill's wedding.  I couldn't believe when they showed her SHAVING him before the wedding.  Now, all the weddings I have been to, the bride and groom don't see each other before the ceremony, unless they take the group pics ahead of time to save time later.  That way their guests aren't waiting forever for th bride and groom to get to the reception.

But shaving the groom?  I find that a hell of a lot more intimate than a hug, or heaven forbid a peck on the cheek.  Is this another way the little woman will serve her husband?  What's next?  Clipping his toenails?  Wiping his nose and/or butt?  Drawing him a bath?  Brushing his teeth?

I sometimes lay my husband's clothes out for him if we are going out, but he is perfectly capable of doing all his other grooming himself.

I wouldn't expect my husband to paint my toenails either.

• Love 9

Maybe reading too much into it (not that we do that here right ;) but I found the scene where Derick was painting Jill's toenails completely immodest, attention-grabbing at a time when the focus was Jessa, and even a " look what we can do" to the unmarrieds.

• Love 8

The painting Jill's toenails thing was totally weird. If that's your thing as a couple or whatever and that's what gets the Mrs. all hot and sexy and feeling like you're the best husband in the world, good for you. Can't you do it in the privacy of your own home?? Maybe they were trying to show off how intimate they can be, but I can't remember the last time I got to an event and decided to paint my toenails there -- rather than at home or at a pedicure prior to the event!? I think they were in the room where the wedding party was gathering before the event -- bc Derick is wearing the same suit open collar that he wore to the wedding and the wedding "planner" is shown telling people to line up.

And on that note -- does Derick not own a tie? Open collar to a wedding? In a church? In the south? Surely he wore a tie when he interviewed for his job, can't he pull that one out? No one else is without a tie besides him.

I can't get over what a dork Derick is. I mean he went to college and can provide for Jilly Muffin more than a fundie like Ben, and that's great, but the way he's taken on the Duggar affect and "me me me" nature is totally off putting. If his wife asked him to paint her nails at the event, couldn't he say -- not here babe, why don't you take care of it or get Joy/Jana/Jinger or someone to help. Doesn't he care that he's being filmed and guy friends will see him engaging in such lame feminine activities?? I mean if you want to do it at home without cameras, great -- but do you really need your WMT coworkers and your college friends and your mom to see what intimacy looks like in your marriage?

• Love 8

I thought it was a sweet thing to do, a small intimacy between two married people. Maybe the color was meant to go with the dress and everyone was wearing it? Her shoes were open toed so she'd need to match. I like a man who's confident enough to support his wife in this little way and who doesn't care who knows it.

• Love 14

I thought Derick painting Jill's nails was a nice gesture but out of place due to timing.  It's great for bonding, do it at home. They were in the middle of getting ready for the ceremony - I would think that bridesmaids would be running around to see if they could help get Jessa anything/help with the dress. Painting her nails put Jill out of commission for a while with application and drying. It was almost declaring that she wasn't going to be Jessa's "errand runner."  It reminded me of an episode where Jessa whipped out nail polish when the older girls were getting the little girls ready one morning.

• Love 9

I thought Derick painting Jill's nails was a nice gesture but out of place due to timing.  It's great for bonding, do it at home. They were in the middle of getting ready for the ceremony - I would think that bridesmaids would be running around to see if they could help get Jessa anything/help with the dress. Painting her nails put Jill out of commission for a while with application and drying. It was almost declaring that she wasn't going to be Jessa's "errand runner."  It reminded me of an episode where Jessa whipped out nail polish when the older girls were getting the little girls ready one morning.

Derick painting Jill's toes was inappropriate - and probably a suggestion from the ever-pervy Boob. But if having wet toenails got Jill out of bridesmaid errands, then it seems like she has studied well at Me-chelle's feet, hasn't she? No pun intended - LOL.

• Love 4

Just went back and was checking Jill's Instagram and people are commenting Bless me Father for I have sinned, Satan is King and Satan 666. I haven't a clue why people would be posting that.

That is cruel & probably reinforces the Duggars belief that the outside world is full of heathens to protect the children from.

• Love 7

And on that note -- does Derick not own a tie? Open collar to a wedding? In a church? In the south? Surely he wore a tie when he interviewed for his job, can't he pull that one out? No one else is without a tie besides him.

I went to a nice Southern church wedding last weekend and lost count of the young men whose shirts were untucked. Not members of the wedding party, but still. My 25-year-old daughter was there and she told me to get over it, but I just can't get past it. I think it's so unflattering.

I know a Rick whose real name is Rickman. Family name.

Edited by Portia

Do the Duggars even know what a washcloth is?

About the Toenail painting scenario, I'm with the group saying it was just another "look at me I'm pregnant" ploy. Derick will do anything to keep his Jilly Muffin happy no matter what it is or where it is. (*Ugh*)

• Love 5

The painting Jill's toenails thing was totally weird. 

I thought it was rude to be doing it in a room where everyone was getting ready.  Nail polish smells.  My husband can't stand the smell and I have to do it in a room where he won't be for the next hour or so.  Jill knew she was going to a wedding and the color of the dress.  Any normal person would have their nails done in advance.  I think it was all for attention.  Look at me.  I'm so pregnant I can't reach my toes and my husband, DerrickDillard is doing it for me.

• Love 11

I agree. I think the whole toenail thing was very reminiscent of J'chelle "Look at me! I am too pregnant to even pain my own nails!" 

The pregnant woman is the center of the universe and everyone is supposed to bow and scrape to her. i can't help but wonder if, in retrospect, Derick might wish he had watched a few seasons of the show. I suppose it wouldn't have mattered, though. I'm sure if he had been watching, the only thing he would have noticed was the pretty, sweet, Christian girls . . .

• Love 1