Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, louannems said:

I am no Dullard humper, but I hope for the sake of the boys, he succeeds in at least holding down a steady job.

He will need the income if he wants to put them in christian school.I don't think Jill would ever agree to public schools, and Derick has jumped on the fundie wagon.

Sorry for the highlight; I have no idea how to get rid of it.

He is the headship. Jill doesn’t have to “agree” to anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't see Jill herself getting involved in any MLM as a consultant.   She would be susceptible to promoting one on Instagram while thinking that she was just helping a "friend" out.  I can't see Derick allowing Jill to drop the necessary money for her to get into the business.   I don't know about Rodan and Fields, but some of them require some serious money up front.   

I agree. Not only is there the upfront cost, she would have to do a lot more than post a photo of herself like she does with the clothing lines she promotes. She would have to get out and sell the stuff, and be responsible for shipping, delivery, returns, etc. I think she just went to a little sales “party” at a friend’s house and posted a selfie when she tried out a mask. 

• Love 14
On 6/28/2017 at 11:52 AM, madpsych78 said:

I know the meaning of GWB was discussed some time ago, but had to chime in and say that I tend to associate GWB with George W. Bush. 😛

Little late here, but this was my first post in this thread, although I joined previously.tv in 2014. I think GWB was referring to Izzy at the time?

The Dullards: The Gift that Keeps on Grifting

Edited by madpsych78
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Trillium said:

Since she tagged R&F it was probably one of those awful parties where some pushy consultant tricked people into a “moms and muffins” party to try and hoc overpriced skincare. 

Well damn, @TRILLIUM, you called it right down to the muffins!

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I gotta say I’m feeling a little bad for Derelict ( a little. It’s not a sign of the apocalypse). She’s pulling all this shit for ugly free stuff and he’s.   going to school ( which is not easy) and doing grub hub   We need to stop asking how dumb can she be, since she seems to feel it is a challenge 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Well damn, @TRILLIUM, you called it right down to the muffins!

Too funny, I swear I didn’t see the other photos before just now! I’ve been invited to way too MLM things that I know all the themes. They like rhyming and alliteration...a lot. And since this was Jilly, none of the alcohol themes would be used. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Too funny, I swear I didn’t see the other photos before just now! I’ve been invited to way too MLM things that I know all the themes. They like rhyming and alliteration...a lot. And since this was Jilly, none of the alcohol themes would be used. 

Is there some sort of handbook given to these MLM women to entice unsuspecting friends? Like, "If you promise muffins, they will come"?

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

Wonder what Jill thinks about the "free" Mercedes R+F gives if you make a certain amount each month*.  The woman that owns the salon I go to, all of them that work there sell it and are FOREVER pushing it on Facebook.  I can tell though if it looks like they haven't made their quota to keep the free car, they all of a sudden start selling furniture out of their houses claiming they're "redecorating".

*The car is only "free" if you make a certain quota each month.  If not, YOU are responsible for the car payment, not R+F.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is there some sort of handbook given to these MLM women to entice unsuspecting friends? Like, "If you promise muffins, they will come"?

Pretty much.  There are classes on how to stalk women at target and Kroger.  No joke 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ughhhh... Already feel bad for that poor dog. The kids will get bored of him as soon as he's no longer a puppy and then they will keep him chained up in the backyard all day. They already feed and treat their kids like garbage, imagine how they'll treat the dog.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Ughhhh... Already feel bad for that poor dog. The kids will get bored of him as soon as he's no longer a puppy and then they will keep him chained up in the backyard all day. They already feed and treat their kids like garbage, imagine how they'll treat the dog.

That's exactly what happened with my neighbors. Got their three kids a Lab puppy for Christmas and the novelty wore off after a month. Poor thing sits in the backyard, ignored all day. 

The Duggars have shown time and again that they're NOT animal lovers. Everything from cheering as Derick tried to sled into a cat to Jinger and Jeremy dumping Jake is an example of this. Josh and Anna also had a cat that magically disappeared when they moved to D.C. None of these people have any business owning pets.

• Love 21
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's exactly what happened with my neighbors. Got their three kids a Lab puppy for Christmas and the novelty wore off after a month. Poor thing sits in the backyard, ignored all day. 

The Duggars have shown time and again that they're NOT animal lovers. Everything from cheering as Derick tried to sled into a cat to Jinger and Jeremy dumping Jake is an example of this. Josh and Anna also had a cat that magically disappeared when they moved to D.C. None of these people have any business owning pets.

No kidding.

Remember a couple of years ago when the Duggars were showing pictures of a dog they were calling "Jana's dog?"Has anyone seen that dog recently?

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I wonder if Jill and Derick are having fertility problems and the puppy is going to compensate for Jill not having a baby. Or for Derick wanting to wait for their next child. A fundielite couple I know got a dog after a very early miscarriage. They had three kids right after that (in four years; no twins)! Around that time they got rid of that dog (gave it to family). The couple went on to have two more kids (so far!). 

These families have too many children/people to worry much about animals. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10

Oh, a dog in the Dillard household? Oh, NO!! If that puppy lives inside, which is should, it will relieve itself all over that carpet. We think her house needs to be cleaned NOW, imagine after it turns in to one large toilet. She can' t take care of her own children and household, let alone a poor, innocent dog. Don't do it. 

• Love 20

So many thoughts. Why a medium/large dog? I have a very large dog and while he’s very sweet, it can difficult for me to walk him with my 5 year old. I usually walk the dog by myself or we all go on a walk together. Large dogs also mean massive size waste. Also traveling with al large dog can be challenging.  The dog is 9 and whenever he passes we will be specifically looking for a smaller dog.

Second, rescues can be very picky about who they adopt a dog to. Any reputable one will not hand over a puppy to inexperienced dog owners with two small children.  

Third, dogs are work. Puppies are even more work. A puppy would rip that cheaply built new home to shreds in days. You know they aren’t going to properly supervise and train the dog. 

They’ll probably go through with it because they lack critical thinking skills to understand this is a terrible idea. All they are thinking about are the cute Insta photos they can take Christmas morning with the kids and their puppy. 

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, Trillium said:

So many thoughts. Why a medium/large dog? I have a very large dog and while he’s very sweet, it can difficult for me to walk him with my 5 year old. I usually walk the dog by myself or we all go on a walk together.

I don't think that walking a dog is even on the radar of Jill or Derick. The dog will live in the back yard and if it's allowed in the house it will just be let out into the back yard to relieve itself. 

• Love 7

This could present itself as a good opportunity to teach the boys responsibility. I don’t think that they are so responsible that it’s even in their radar to teach the kids how to feed, walk and groom on a schedule. What happens when they go to visit J&M? I hope they don’t think it’s safe to just leave the puppy in the backyard with a bowl of water and food. Puppies don’t always know how to regulate their eating and playfulness can result in spillage. I’m already worried just thinking of this scenario. 

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Trillium said:

So many thoughts. Why a medium/large dog? I have a very large dog and while he’s very sweet, it can difficult for me to walk him with my 5 year old. I usually walk the dog by myself or we all go on a walk together. Large dogs also mean massive size waste. Also traveling with al large dog can be challenging.  The dog is 9 and whenever he passes we will be specifically looking for a smaller dog.

Second, rescues can be very picky about who they adopt a dog to. Any reputable one will not hand over a puppy to inexperienced dog owners with two small children.  

Third, dogs are work. Puppies are even more work. A puppy would rip that cheaply built new home to shreds in days. You know they aren’t going to properly supervise and train the dog. 

They’ll probably go through with it because they lack critical thinking skills to understand this is a terrible idea. All they are thinking about are the cute Insta photos they can take Christmas morning with the kids and their puppy. 

Back when I was in high school, I used to occasionally babysit for a family down the street who had three very young kids - I forget the ages exactly, but the oldest was probably five at most. I think they went on to have a couple more in the next few years, but I moved on from babysitting by then - anyway, somewhere along the line, they bought a St. Bernard puppy which they never did get around to housebreaking. I am pretty tolerant of a fair amount of dirt and mess, but always felt as though I needed a shower after getting back from their place. The dog went on to have a litter (thankfully only two pups - they did not even realize she was pregnant until they showed up one day) because they never got around to having her spayed, either.

I can see Jill and Dreck's house in the same state very soon if they do, indeed, get a dog. 

12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Back when I was in high school, I used to occasionally babysit for a family down the street who had three very young kids - I forget the ages exactly, but the oldest was probably five at most. I think they went on to have a couple more in the next few years, but I moved on from babysitting by then - anyway, somewhere along the line, they bought a St. Bernard puppy which they never did get around to housebreaking. I am pretty tolerant of a fair amount of dirt and mess, but always felt as though I needed a shower after getting back from their place. The dog went on to have a litter (thankfully only two pups - they did not even realize she was pregnant until they showed up one day) because they never got around to having her spayed, either.

I can see Jill and Dreck's house in the same state very soon if they do, indeed, get a dog. 

If they get a full bred dog, they'll probably never neuter or spay and may become backyard breeders themselves.  I can see Jill thinking this is a great biology lesson for her homefooling.  Their backyard will become a minefield for her barefoot boys to play in.  Said dog will never get walked or trained and will likely be randomly fed.  During their frequent travels, the dog will either be left to fend for itself or dropped off at TTH, where it will either be ignored or will run off.  If anymore blessings come along, the dog will probably suddenly become an "allergen" to someone in the family.  I've seen that happen many times.  Also, Sam is too young, imo.  Israel might be the right age for a dog, if they were attentive parents, but they are not, so I hope this doesn't happpen!

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, louannems said:

With Derick in school, Jill not working, and Derick's horrible work history, how could they afford an animal to provide for?  Let alone love and train and actually treat like it's part of the family.

Sounds familiar. Change  the names, child for dog......

• Love 6

We cook for our dog. Chicken and rice, eggs. She can't even cook anything but sand colored food for the family. And what about the mess? The fur factor is real! I can barely keep up with it. I can't imagine she has the patience to potty train. Even if she is successful pups get ill and have accidents. They barely groom themselves ! No people insurance. Wait till they see just your BASIC 450.00 bill.  Not a good idea Dullards. 

We vote NO! 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Trillium said:

Ha ha. As if they would use a reputable rescue!   I’m sure it will be a puppy from a friend’s unspayed dog or something. We foster with a reputable large breed dog rescue, and at home evaluations are extensive!   There are very few dogs approved for families with children under age 6, and even then, they look very closely at the amount of clutter around the house! We’ve had to turn down some otherwise pretty awesome families for minor details like that!  

3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If Derrick is out doing food delivery to make ends meet, they can’t afford a dog.

Yeah, seriously!!   The vet bills can be exorbitant! Not only the routine preventative care, but when they have gotten sick and needing testing or treatment we have been faced with bills in the thousands of dollars! Agreed, if he’s doing GrubHub, they cannot afford the bills for a large breed dog!   Even the food itself is not cheap! 

And if it only recently dawned on her that kids can play outside or go to library story time, I can’t imagine how they would give a dog enough exercise and stimulation! 

• Love 15

Last night Jill had a live Instagram chat from her car. She dropped the kids off at church, then tried to meet up with Derelict in a parking lot. He was Grub Hub driving so he couldn’t meet her. Apparently he then told her to do an Instagram poll to figure out what she should do next. Wait around in some random parking lot? Go home? She was truly perplexed. Someone suggested she take a nap. It was hilarious. Didn’t watch the whole thing so not sure what she ended up doing but going to get the kids didn’t seem to be an option. She also tried to explain what Derelict was doing and confused herself so she just gave up. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Last night Jill had a live Instagram chat from her car. She dropped the kids off at church, then tried to meet up with Derelict in a parking lot. He was Grub Hub driving so he couldn’t meet her. Apparently he then told her to do an Instagram poll to figure out what she should do next. Wait around in some random parking lot? Go home? She was truly perplexed. Someone suggested she take a nap. It was hilarious. Didn’t watch the whole thing so not sure what she ended up doing but going to get the kids didn’t seem to be an option. She also tried to explain what Derelict was doing and confused herself so she just gave up. 

That is truly pathetic. At least wait till there’s something interesting going on  or she has something specific to say before doing an Instagram live!  

Unfortunately if he’s busy GrubHubbing while the kids are being watched, the odd jobs must be cutting into naked post-it note time!  Poor Jill.  All that lotion going to waste.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4

If we believe Jill's posts, Jill who is 1 of 19 children, needed friends to suggest she take her kids to the park, needed a friend to suggest taking her kids to the library and needed her husband to suggest they eat dinner outside.

She frequently posts about the frustrations of being a boy mom. And now she wants a dog?

And Izzy has enough stress in his life where he doesn't need to be walking on pins and needles because he didn't guess his next chore regarding his dog.

#stupidandclueless, #pleasedont, #saveizzy, #savethedogs

Came back to add- and apparently she can't think of anything to do while waiting for her boys at church.

#runspotrun

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Since we all think this is an awful idea, there is a 100% chance they will get a puppy.

You’re right, but there’s also a 99.9% chance that Rover will last less than a year with these idiots.  They’ll decide that they’re tired of dealing with him and will either give him to someone else or take him to the dog pound.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I watched the first part of her IG and had to give up about 3 minutes in.   She was beyond confused and literally had no idea what to do.  It was sad.  It didn’t even occur to her to just go home and relax.   

People gave her lots of suggestions and she still looked clueless. 

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I watched the first part of her IG and had to give up about 3 minutes in.   She was beyond confused and literally had no idea what to do.  It was sad.  It didn’t even occur to her to just go home and relax.   

People gave her lots of suggestions and she still looked clueless. 

Once again, on top of having no common sense, I’m convinced that her IQ is below average.  A person can only work with what they have, and Jill has very little, bless her heart.  I’ll bet she drives Derwood insane.

• Love 24

I saw that IG live, and I stuck with it out of curiosity. I figured there had to be a decision, a resolution, or at least an ending. Wrong! It was truly pathetic. She was just sitting there going so....um.....I don’t know how to relax....so anyways.....yeah, like......anyways.....like I like being with people.....so, anyways, what should I do??? Jill always says “anyways” instead of “anyway”. And she’s educating her children. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Poor Jill, she doesn't understand GrubHub... that's because she herself has never had any desire for a job, or a job to escape from a day job she hates, thus knows zero about the gig economy.  Explaining it to her would be only slightly easier than Derick explaining it to someone who lives in the Himalayas!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11