Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Samuel’s first birthday.

Video:

Samuel’s 1st Birthday-pictures and videos

Jul 27, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 2 

We celebrated Samuel’s first birthday earlier this month with smash cake and all! We had Jill’s buddy team and Derick’s family over for the evening. Here are some pictures and videos.

4C57D474-87E3-463A-B287-5CB02163FA05.jpeg

EBC4DE44-02FE-40EB-95F4-10F9C2374899.jpeg

33C5974E-C099-48CD-8098-A393B6267DDB.jpeg

368C8813-5F03-4412-8879-8EC5B5A3205A.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)

Interesting that the celebration was limited to just Jill’s buddy team and Derick’s family (basically the same amount of people as her buddy team). Jill obviously took her job as head buddy very seriously but it’s nice that she keeps that bond with them. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 12
(edited)

Is that an actual sighting of Cathy's husband?!

Love how Sam appears to be naked but for his bib/ diaper in the first two pictures. 

More Duggars sitting on tables...

Last picture: Joy and Austin actually look legit happy for once. And my favorite Duggar James gets to be on baby duty. Michelle looks awkward AF trying to corral Sam, and appears to be wearing the same dress that got all the comments in the post-Josiah wedding photos.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 7

It is nice we get to see Mr Byrum.

It does look like Michelle is wearing the post Josiah wedding dress.  One person probably complimented her on it which means we'll be seeing a lot of it.

Izzy looks so excited standing next to Sam in his highchair.

Wonder what birthday gift(s)JB & Michelle give the grandchildren. 

Little off topic. Take note Derrick: I was watching a rerun of the Bates last nite where Chad was reading bible stories to mainly Carson since daughter (?Brooklyn) was too small to pay attention. What a difference than Derrick trying to read to the boys. Erin gave Brooklyn her own book to look at to keep her quiet. That way it was much easier to read to Carson rather than wrestle a baby  who definitely didn't want to be contained in a lap.  

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Little off topic. Take note Derrick: I was watching a rerun of the Bates last nite where Chad was reading bible stories to mainly Carson since daughter (?Brooklyn) was too small to pay attention. What a difference than Derrick trying to read to the boys. Erin gave Brooklyn her own book to look at to keep her quiet. That way it was much easier to read to Carson rather than wrestle a baby  who definitely didn't want to be contained in a lap.  

That was like night and day compared to the Dullards. It was so sweet how Carson ran to get the storybook and it was an age-appropriate way to teach the kids about the Bible, rather than drilling verses into a poor toddler's head. I also agree giving the kids freedom to move made for a much more pleasant experience than Derick forcing  a writhing Sam to sit on his lap.

• Love 13

Poor Man’s Pizza

Jul 27, 2018 | Recipes | 2 

This pizza was given its name by our friends many years ago because it is a cheap and super easy way to make pizza. Kids always seem to love decorating their personal pizzas with their favorite toppings!

sliced bread or tortillas

spaghetti sauce (Hunt’s is the cheapest where we live)

shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese

additional toppings if desired

Spread sauce generously on bread or tortilla and decorate with desired toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 min. or for pizza made with tortillas you can microwave them individually (for 30 sec-1 min.) instead of baking them.

0D3B6F07-C71D-458B-9F67-8B96D68D2BCC.jpeg

886F00E6-13F3-4B18-81D1-6BD9E1A31793.jpeg

3 pictures 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ms.o said:

Slapping tomato sauce and cheese on a piece of bread is NOT A RECIPE WORTHY OF A BLOG POST.  That is all

And I'm sure Hunt's is mortified to be called, not their favorite, but the cheapest in the area.  

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Spaghetti sauce on pizza? What the heck! Why not use pizza sauce instead.

Because, Jill. Ditto for using the tortillas instead of just buying the Pillsbury pizza dough and cutting it into kid-sized squares. 

• Love 9
(edited)

How about French bread or an English muffin or naan bread. 

While any of the above would be better than regular bread, I agree with @ms.o that it still isn’t worthy of a blog post. Jill really is clueless. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 6

How many of you were waiting for Jill to break a piece of that cake off and show Sammy what is was? That's why most smash cakes are small and taller.

Michelle can wear bell sleeves for everyday wear. Most folks can't because the sleeves are in the way to actually do anything.

• Love 20

Boy that has to be one gloppy mess using soft white bread & not easy for anyone to pick up & eat, yet alone a kid. 

I think my son made it using tortillas when he was in school & it wasn't too bad. Like  others have said, just as easy to use English muffins or pillsbury but I guess that would get away from the Poor Man theme.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Spaghetti sauce on pizza? What the heck! Why not use pizza sauce instead.

Because Hunts is less than $1 for a 22 oz can and a 6 oz jar of pizza sauce is $2.50. I use spaghetti sauce partially because of the cost and because I always have it. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Because Hunts is less than $1 for a 22 oz can and a 6 oz jar of pizza sauce is $2.50. I use spaghetti sauce partially because of the cost and because I always have it. 

SWEET!  I can occasionally find Hunts in a 22 oz can at the 99 cent store, but mostly it's like 1.50 or more here.  2 years ago I planted tomatoes.  a LOT of tomatoes.  One of the things I made was pizza sauce and canned it.  Also spaghetti sauce sans meat of course, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes, bruchetta mix and a couple of more things.  So I've got pizza sauce here.  I also used to make my own dough and then do make your own calzones with the sauce.  Now THAT, Jill could do a blog post on.  

Crap, now I want to start a blog.  How long can someone go on coffee, good beer and no sleep???? :-)

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

SWEET!  I can occasionally find Hunts in a 22 oz can at the 99 cent store, but mostly it's like 1.50 or more here.  2 years ago I planted tomatoes.  a LOT of tomatoes.  One of the things I made was pizza sauce and canned it.  Also spaghetti sauce sans meat of course, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes, bruchetta mix and a couple of more things.  So I've got pizza sauce here.  I also used to make my own dough and then do make your own calzones with the sauce.  Now THAT, Jill could do a blog post on.  

Crap, now I want to start a blog.  How long can someone go on coffee, good beer and no sleep???? :-)

Me 2 days with no sleep.

• Love 4

The boys look so cute in their outfits. Izzy is such a cute little boy.  He's being a good big brother for Samuel too. 

That "pizza recipe"? Ack. Just no. If you want to go the cheap route, get one of those Chef Boy R Dee boxed pizza mixes and then let the kids put whatever they want on it.  She's so clueless its embarrassing. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Next up on the Dillard blog:

Jill’s “recipe” for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I almost have second hand embarrassment for her. How can she not know this isn’t really a “recipe”? How can she think she’s sharing something unique or interesting or even....helpful? Michelle should be ashamed at the poor quality “help meet” skills Jill has basically bragged about to the world here with her blog posts showcasing her culinary skills...

I've missed you!  I hope you are doing well.

Jill's "receipts" (see Aunt Jenny or Spry shortening) are just all kinds of sad.  

Sorry to say, Michelle seems to have no sense of shame for anything she does or has done.  

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Samuel’s first birthday.

Video:

Samuel’s 1st Birthday-pictures and videos

Jul 27, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 2 

We celebrated Samuel’s first birthday earlier this month with smash cake and all! We had Jill’s buddy team and Derick’s family over for the evening. Here are some pictures and videos.

4C57D474-87E3-463A-B287-5CB02163FA05.jpeg

EBC4DE44-02FE-40EB-95F4-10F9C2374899.jpeg

33C5974E-C099-48CD-8098-A393B6267DDB.jpeg

368C8813-5F03-4412-8879-8EC5B5A3205A.jpeg

That baby is so cute. I wish I had a baby (for ten minutes of cuteness a day).

Bells sleeves must be in fashion for Michelle types. 

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Even cuter (baby only).

I see they’re still living in campus housing.  

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

And I'm sure Hunt's is mortified to be called, not their favorite, but the cheapest in the area.  

I haven't bought anything by Hunt's since the 80s when they were well known to be big contributors to the "Moral Majority." So it's perfect for the politics of these asshats.

And is it me or did that "smash cake" (which I think is gross) look like a pile of hummus?

• Love 8

I'm assuming, since someone asked Sam if it tasted like carrots, his cake was a carrot cake with canned orange frosting and squirt can lettering. I give her props for making the cake even though it looks sloppy just like all the rest of the food pictures she posts.

• Love 3

They sang the real Happy Birthday song!  No fear of royalties owed with a private (semi-private) birthday party, I guess.  Actually they all seemed pretty normal in that video.  Israel is gentle with his baby brother and Sam seems to get a kick out of him.  

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

They sang the real Happy Birthday song!  No fear of royalties owed with a private (semi-private) birthday party, I guess.  Actually they all seemed pretty normal in that video.  Israel is gentle with his baby brother and Sam seems to get a kick out of him.  

The song became public domain in 2016, so for once, they are in the clear with regard to copyright.

Edited by Triple P
A letter
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I believe I read that the copyright on "Happy Birthday" ran out a couple of years ago, so it can now be used in TV shows.

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, EVS said:

The idea that there is a “Michelle type” is kind of scary, lol. 

What type would that be? 

Insane Christian Clowncar Posse?

Menopausal Martyrs with Minnie Mouse Voices?

Bible Banging Baby Factories?

Sorry, I’m in a strange mood tonight!

Come sit next to me. My mind went to a similar place.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ms.o said:

Slapping tomato sauce and cheese on a piece of bread is NOT A RECIPE WORTHY OF A BLOG POST.  That is all

And suggesting microwaving it, for God’s sake!

• Love 14