Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jill seems to have a chronic issue of not knowing what's developmentally typical for a child at various ages. Add in that she's a total moron and I predict Izzy having a frustrating time under her tutelage. The kid needs to go to a real pre-school. I'd imagine there's plenty of faith-based programs in their area if that's a requirement.

Can you imagine how frustrating it's going to be when Izzy has a very strong suspicion that Jill's answer to something is wrong wrong wrong, and she keeps insisting it's right right right, and won't listen to him?  Kid's gonna get a complex.  

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If Derick attending law school is accurate,  I think it will be Jill that will create the greatest difficulty along the way.

Clearly he'll have to pack her and the boys off to the TTH because Jilly Muffin will want to be entertained, and will talk at him all the time when he's trying to study.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well I logged on at cinnamon toast , we walked thru donuts, pizza and hours later I am starving for pancakes and a real breakfast casserole. I also noticed Ice water. We can't have Jilly posting on that! Everybody know Janelle from Teen Mom2 already explained her making Ice water;) Stay in your lane Duggers! 

I am NOT a doctor but I think I've heard there is a correlation between dental plac (SIC) and artery and even the skin disorder. Then again it could be my stroke and I'm making shit up.

On the up side I was worried she was pregnant when I saw so many pages. No....YEA! Lol  

Off to make a float with Cheerwine Cola and Chocolate Ice-cream . What the hell. I've brushed my teeth twice in the hours it took to read all in Dullard Central. Way funny. Way worth it! 

Edited by FairyDusted
left out a word
  • Love 12

Derick in law school.....

I just had a flash forward to crazy future Twitter rants “backed up” by his new found expert legal knowledge.

Why do I get the feeling that if he does make it through, that his goal is to “defend” himself and his beliefs?

On a side note, I’m a CPA.  To obtain his license, he would need to go back to school to satisfy the extra accounting credits needed to satisfy the education requirement.  It could mean a year full time (depending on the state requirements). Some people usually get their Masters in Accounting, which also qualifies. Then he will need to satisfy the experience requirement, which could be 2 years of public accounting or 4 years of private, but his private work may have to be more than staff level and cover a variety of financial areas. I’m not sure how much Wal-Mart would count, if any.  On top of that, there is the exam itself. Let’s just say I passed, but had to take it more than once (or twice).  I prefer to call it a test of endurance . How long can you study and take it until you pass?  Because if you don’t pass within a certain time frame (18 months ish?) you lose your passing credits for the parts you passed and need to retake them.

It had has been many years since I went through all this and the laws have changed, but I think I’m pretty close to getting it right.

Makes sense to me why he might try another field. Really can't believe I just said that something he possibly did or thought made sense.

• Love 8

I thought Derick going to law school was still in the rumor stage. And it didn't feel plausible so I thought it would remain a rumor. I guess Derick finished praying on it and God is now calling him to be a lawyer and this is His timing. Who knew God is also a job counselor.

Maybe Derick will handle the courses okay but I wonder what field of law he'll practice in. His Tweets show a terrific effort in interpreting and twisting facts to be in his favor, but he fails miserably at it. I wouldn't hire him based on that alone. In a courtroom a lawyer can't just disengage because a judge or another lawyer point out that there's proof that what he's saying isn't correct.

I'm guessing he has the same magical thinking he had with being a missionary and thinks he'll waltz in save people from themselves. He probably lays in bed talking to Jill saying gay parents (transgender, abortion) are abominations and he can't just sit around and let it be.

Derick's missionary cape proved defective so now he's going to try on a lawyer cape and save the world. However sometimes it's not the cape that's defective, it's the person wearing it.

• Love 21
(edited)

There hasn’t been any official announcement so I don’t know  how reliable this information is. I can believe he thinks he can get into law school, and may be going through the application process. We all know how much Derick loves his half truths so I can see him telling everyone he’s going before he’s officially accepted, because Jesus will make it happen.  No need to wait for that pesky acceptance letter.

If he did actually get accepted, I don’t see how he expects to support a family for four on Jill’s toast recipes. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 17

This law school is so typically Delusional Derick.

Just floating around, big dreams and not in reality. 

He is 27?  so far we have:  Accountant, Fake Missionary in Nepal, English speaking fake missionary in Danger America, Full Time Idiotic Tweeter and now accepted to law school.  He has a history of accomplishing nothing.  

Derick might be able to handle the academics of law school (MIGHT!) but no way does he have the emotional-people skills needed to be a lawyer.  From what Derick shows the public (not our speculation but what HE shows), he seems unstable. 

If Derick does manage to graduate, he will always be the lawyer doing the prep work and paper work.  

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Poor, dimwit Derick doesn't have much of a chance of surviving three years of law school.  Law students are required to take several courses in writing and Derick will have great difficulty presenting logical arguments, especially about his pet peeve issues. 

Derick logical argument fails:

In response to a Twitter comment that Jill is not a real midwife, he replied that he knows that she is because he drove her to the testing location for the CPM(?) test.

If all it takes to achieve something is to drive to the testing location, then I did earn my PMP certification, who cares that I didn't pass the exam!

• Love 17

Just because you go to a law school doesn't mean you can pass the bar exam, as others have pointed out.  Though I imagine not being LEGALLY able to practice law wouldn't hinder Dillweed much.  Not being an actual medical professional hasn't stopped Jill.  

I don't think it will ever happen. 

• Love 22
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

I don't think you said University of Arkansas, though. 

I can't see him as a defense attorney or doing mundane stuff like divorces and bankruptcies. He'll either handle Jim Bob's businesses or be a mouthpiece for RWNJ. Assuming, of course, that the rumors are true, that he makes it through law school, and he passes the bar. 

I know you probably meant right wing nut jobs, but there's a hospital system here in NJ called Robert Wood Johnson, and it often gets abbreviated to RW, so I was totally confused why Derrick was going to suddenly come work for a heathen hospital system in a blue state. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick's missionary cape proved defective so now he's going to try on a lawyer cape and save the world. However sometimes it's not the cape that's defective, it's the person wearing it.

Derick may envision himself as Superman, but he’s probably more like The Spleen. 

• Love 5
(edited)

If Derick's attending law school in the fall, I expect the GoFundMe account to pay for his tuition/their living expenses to go up at any moment. 

ETA: I  wonder if JB's insistence on no loans/debt assumes that asking for the support for others is ok, or if it was just intended to as a way to advocate for living below their means.  If borrowing money is bad because it means you are obligated to another person/institution, it's interesting that apparently taking money from others does not obligate you in any way, either to that person directly or in a more general way to support others in their time of need. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Should we take bets to see how long he would last in law school.

He did manage to get through undergrad, so it is not impossible that he can scrape by in law school.  I can imagine him arguing with the profs about Roe v. Wade and other evangelical hot button issues.  I don't picture him having an easy time passing the bar or getting an actual paying job as a lawyer, though.  Lots of law school grads are out there looking for work.

Seems pretty clear that the Cross Church program was a big failure for him and he isn't anywhere near employable as a youth minister. 

13 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

He's old enough to get a lot of grants. It's also possible he applied for and got a scholarship depending on the strength of his application. I've also known some law students (now lawyers) who had their way paid for them by law firms on the condition they work for them for X amount of years. 

Of course, there's always student loans. Even though they espouse "no debt" both Jill and Derick have deviated in some ways from the Duggar way of doing things and maybe they decided loans wouldn't be bad if it gives them more financial security in the long run. With a degree in accounting along with a law degree he could easily find a job specializing in financial services litigation and make a very nice living. 

No way he is getting a law degree for any other purpose but to attempt to push his right wing fundamentalist Christian agenda. He undoubtedly hopes to work with a conservative group like Focus on the Family on legislation.  No way he will ever be qualified for it, but Derick has a very inflated view of himself and his skill set.  Business law might make sense, but Derick doesn't believe in making sense.

Going to law school also keeps him from having to go out into the world and actually work like a regular person for several more years

• Love 23

To be a fly on the wall during a discussion about legal rights and abortion in a class Deredick is taking. Yes he was able to get a four year degree in Accounting, but this is long before he hitch his wagon to the Duggar clan. By the looks of things, he was a different person in college than he is today.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To be a fly on the wall during a discussion about legal rights and abortion in a class Deredick is taking. Yes he was able to get a four year degree in Accounting, but this is long before he hitch his wagon to the Duggar clan. By the looks of things, he was a different person in college than he is today.

My thoughts exactly.  I am surprised that he is looking at a more mainstream law school like UofA.  I would have thought that he would look into obtaining his degree with a Christian university.  He will learn very quickly that the Bible is not the end-all source for the law.  He will have to learn how to keep his mouth shut and really learn about American law. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Derick probably wants to learn how to challenge laws relating to LGBT and abortion rights.  He would also like to learn how to manipulate the law to keep girls out of the Boy Scouts and how to win big bucks in lawsuits against In Touch Magazine.  In addition, he may have delusional thoughts about seeking power and glory by running for political office some day.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My thoughts exactly.  I am surprised that he is looking at a more mainstream law school like UofA.  I would have thought that he would look into obtaining his degree with a Christian university.  He will learn very quickly that the Bible is not the end-all source for the law.  He will have to learn how to keep his mouth shut and really learn about American law. 

His choice of UA, if in fact he's going to law school there, might be as simple as location. Where is the nearest bible-thumper law school? How many of those accept federal financial aid? 

I just had a thought -- I know Josh is personna non gratta, but seriously how must that feel to see Derick with a real education being able to get accepted to law school while his life has imploded.  I know lots of the consequences he faces are of his own doing, but that's gotta sting a bit in my opinion.   It's horrible what they do to hamstring their kids. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

After the disaster that was JillyMuffin in central America, there is no way they are moving anywhere that is not shouting distance from the TTH.  It looks like Uof A law school is in Fayetteville, no more than maybe a 20 minute drive from Tontitown.  I did a quick search for Christian law schools and couldn't find any within a hundred miles of Jill's comfort zone.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

After the disaster that was JillyMuffin in central America, there is no way they are moving anywhere that is not shouting distance from the TTH.  It looks like Uof A law school is in Fayetteville, no more than maybe a 20 minute drive from Tontitown.  I did a quick search for Christian law schools and couldn't find any within a hundred miles of Jill's comfort zone.

I totally get that, but I could see Derick trying at somewhere like Liberty University.  There they would be around like-minded individuals and maybe Jill could make some new friends.  Or Derick could move to Virginia and leave Jill and the boys back in Arkansas.  Then he could study and only see the family once a month or just on holidays.  I think he would prefer that more.  He could relive his college glory days and still get some conjugal visits.  The never-ending stream of money that these two idiots seem to have should take care of all the expenses.

• Love 2

Jill doesn't want new friends! 

Seriously, I can't see Derelict moving away for school and leaving Jilly to live on her own with two boys. That completely goes against her family's teachings -- didn't Ofsmuggar move into the TTH, with kids in tow, when Smuggar went to "rehab"? This, of course, is besides the fact that Jill couldn't manage a single day without visiting Derelict at Walmart. 

• Love 3

What is the latest Derick could have put all of this in motion (taking the LSAT, applying)? I am wondering if he did expect something to pan out with the Cross Church program, but he had to change course (in which case I am dying to know if CC didn’t steer him gently or not so gently in another direction). Or, if this was the plan all along and the CC program is supposed to be some sort of resume booster.

I’ve mentioned before that my friend’s husband is a newish lawyer. His hours are very tough on their young family. He has gotten in trouble at two different firms for foolishly thinking he could work 8 - 5. Now he comes home for dinner and then does more work from home. I don’t know how this is going to fly with Jill.

I would like to point to Derick’s blog posts as Exhibit A for how much he is going to struggle with logic and the art of persuasion. 

• Love 7

I am pretty sure that Derick will (if he has even been accepted) wash out of law school. They really aren’t kidding when on the first they tell you to look at the person on your right, then look at the person on your left and know that of you and those other two people, only one will make it though to graduation. 

I am pretty sure that Derick will (if he has even been accepted) wash out of law school. They really aren’t kidding when on the first they tell you to look at the person on your right, then look at the person on your left and know that of you and those other two people, only one will make it though to graduation. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Isn’t lawyering basically doing homework ? 60+ hours a week for a living? 

You forgot about the punishing demoralizing yelling from Type A bully law firm partners aimed in the direction of the stupid associates.  The law has driven a very high proportion of lawyers to alcoholics and drug addicts.

• Love 3

I wonder why he isn't going for an online degree at Liberty University?

That keeps him in Arkansas, at home, and it's law with a Christian bent. Plus, even if he doesn't pass the bar he still gets to say he has a law degree from Liberty University, which might get him some kind of job in Evangelical circles.

1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

What is the latest Derick could have put all of this in motion (taking the LSAT, applying)? I am wondering if he did expect something to pan out with the Cross Church program, but he had to change course (in which case I am dying to know if CC didn’t steer him gently or not so gently in another direction). Or, if this was the plan all along and the CC program is supposed to be some sort of resume booster.

I’ve mentioned before that my friend’s husband is a newish lawyer. His hours are very tough on their young family. He has gotten in trouble at two different firms for foolishly thinking he could work 8 - 5. Now he comes home for dinner and then does more work from home. I don’t know how this is going to fly with Jill.

I would like to point to Derick’s blog posts as Exhibit A for how much he is going to struggle with logic and the art of persuasion. 

How to apply (from the University website)

Priority application deadline is April 15, but we will review all applications on a rolling basis after that date. We do not charge an application fee. Admission is only for the fall of each year, and only a full-time program is offered.

Prerequisites

Except for students in the 3/3 programs, applicants must have completed all requirements for a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution prior to the date of enrolling in the School of Law.

CAS

You must participate in the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) and be registered with CAS during the application year. Through CAS, you are required to send the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) official transcripts from all higher education institutions you have attended.

LSAT

Applicants should take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) before the end of February of the year in which they wish to enroll. Applications to the School of Law may be submitted prior to taking the LSAT. Applicants must have taken the LSAT during the five years preceding the date of application. The school will use an applicant's highest LSAT score in calculating the applicant's prediction index.

All admitted students must have satisfied the legal profession's character and fitness requirements.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I'm sure a semester in he'll have the face-saving excuse of "being called by God" to do something else. 

• Love 8

So, in order to get Izzy in to see cousin Garrett, they lied and said he was the big brother.  At the very Catholic Mercy Hospital at Northwest Arkansas.  Is it okay to lie to heathens?  "Children ages 12 and under not seeking medical treatment will not be permitted to visit patients in Mercy Ardmore facilities until further notice, beginning today, Friday, Jan. 12. An exception will be made for siblings of newborns who are visiting the Family Birth Place, but they must remain in the patient room for the duration of the visit."

IMG_6398.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, xtwheeler said:

Bible thumper law schools are not ABA approved, as I said above

According to their websites Regent University's School of Law, which identified itself as having "A Christ-centered mission," and Liberty University's School of Law which boasts of "our uniquely tailored legal program taught with sound biblical principles" are both ABA approved.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How to apply (from the University website)

Priority application deadline is April 15, but we will review all applications on a rolling basis after that date. We do not charge an application fee. Admission is only for the fall of each year, and only a full-time program is offered.

Prerequisites

Except for students in the 3/3 programs, applicants must have completed all requirements for a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution prior to the date of enrolling in the School of Law.

CAS

You must participate in the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) and be registered with CAS during the application year. Through CAS, you are required to send the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) official transcripts from all higher education institutions you have attended.

LSAT

Applicants should take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) before the end of February of the year in which they wish to enroll. Applications to the School of Law may be submitted prior to taking the LSAT. Applicants must have taken the LSAT during the five years preceding the date of application. The school will use an applicant's highest LSAT score in calculating the applicant's prediction index.

All admitted students must have satisfied the legal profession's character and fitness requirements.

So, he probably made the decision that he was going to law school sometime around the first of the year when it became increasingly clear that Cross Church wasn't going to offer him a job and that he wasn't even going to be able to get any sort of decent recommendations based on his work in the ministry program.  That sounds about right.  I don't for one minute think Derick gave up the ministry voluntarily; I am sure he still thinks he was an outstanding student doing incredible work for Jesus with the college outreach program.   By midyear, I suspect the ministry program made it clear to him that he wasn't their first choice for any job openings and that his prospects for ministry jobs at other facilities was limited.  I also suspect we will never hear Derick mention the ministry as a career goal ever again; just like he doesn't talk about accounting or mission work anymore.  He'll just move on to the next thing and pretend that his previous failures were simply a change in direction guided by the Lord.

Law school is going to be far more academically challenging and time consuming than anything else he has ever done.  I expect by this time next year, he will be moving on to something else.  As I said before, I think he might be intellectually capable of doing the work, but he's lazy and entitled.

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, sheshark said:

So, in order to get Izzy in to see cousin Garrett, they lied and said he was the big brother.  At the very Catholic Mercy Hospital at Northwest Arkansas.  Is it okay to lie to heathens?  "Children ages 12 and under not seeking medical treatment will not be permitted to visit patients in Mercy Ardmore facilities until further notice, beginning today, Friday, Jan. 12. An exception will be made for siblings of newborns who are visiting the Family Birth Place, but they must remain in the patient room for the duration of the visit."

Yes, in their minds, it is okay to lie to the non-believer in this case the Catholic hospital workers.  They only have to be honest to other "real" Christians.   

• Love 12

Just because you go to a law school doesn't mean you can pass the bar exam, as others have pointed out.  Though I imagine not being LEGALLY able to practice law wouldn't hinder Dillweed much.  Not being an actual medical professional hasn't stopped Jill. 

Do you think that Derrick will now have "law things," like Jill's "medical things?"

• Love 19

How is it that Derick can talk about (even rumored) going to law school yet his children appear to be destined for the Jill “yay...umm” SOTDRT? Just doesn’t add up. 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

As I said before, I think he might be intellectually capable of doing the work, but he's lazy and entitled.

Not to mention the added complication of a clingy wife and two young children.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes, in their minds, it is okay to lie to the non-believer in this case the Catholic hospital workers.  They only have to be honest to other "real" Christians.   

They lie whenever it suits them, not just to sinners. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

How on earth is Derelick going to pass character requirements?

Not to mention, while the students at Cross Church were probably polite when Clingy Jilly came to everything and dragged the kids, law students are not going to be.  They are there to work and succeed.  Having Jill show up with lunch and a couple of kids in tow is not going to go over at all.  Derelick will probably be told in the first couple of days to tell Jill to stay home and out of their hair.   If he does get into Law School, Jill should just take the boys and move back into TTH, since she can't seem to be alone for 1/2 a day.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Mollie said:

Let me see if I understand this.  The god that Derick supposedly worships jerked his chain and demanded that Derick rise up out of his chair at Walmart and go forth to Central America as a missionary.  But Derick spent more time in Arkansas than in Central America during that two-year stint, so he got jerked from being a missionary and put into a program to learn how to be a minister at Cross Church.  Now his god changes his mind again and decides that Derick should be a lawyer.

Derick probably wants to learn how to challenge laws relating to LGBT and abortion rights.  He would also like to learn how to manipulate the law to keep girls out of the Boy Scouts and how to win big bucks in lawsuits against In Touch Magazine.  In addition, he may have delusional thoughts about seeking power and glory by running for political office some day.

100% this, and it scares me. We don’t need any more of these around!  Hoping the rumor is false, or that it’s a spectacular fail if he does begin, or that they can’t fund it. 

• Love 7