Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

1,000 likes for this. WHY is he incapable of a straight answer? It's more than evident to even the casual viewer/follower that the Duggars have no use or respect for higher education and would most likely severely try to dissuade any child who showed interest in it. 

"Higher education" – hahahaha  The Duggars have no respect for even an elementary school education.  

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

I was wondering about this too. I eat a lot of yogurt due to some health problems and live in a house where 2 other full-grown adults also eat a lot of yogurt. I just did the math, and even with all of us eating yogurt 1-2 times a day, plus using it as a cooking substitute, we don't go through a gallon in a week. I don't see how a family of 4 with 2 small children would either. And we're, um, hearty eaters. 

I make my own yogurt and I am the only eater in my house. I make a half gallon for just me. It lasts a very long time. Maybe 6 weeks til I finish it off. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

What a minute, what?  Jana had first crack at this clown?  You mean that JB was just going down his list of daughters and the first one that said yes became Mrs. Dullard?  Isn't that romantic.  

Buy used, save the difference...

(Always suspected Jana was the only really intelligent one of the whole bunch.)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Btw, should it be I will be proud if either of my sons grew up to be a scientist. I admit I have butchered the English language on here, but the way he said it does not seem right to me.

He's a doofus, but the verbs are correct in this sentence: "I’d be very proud if either of my sons grew up to be scientists." Conditional verb forms (think "If you should ever leave me" or "if I were you") often sound a bit strange to the ear. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bythelake said:

There's no way JB would let her go to nursing school even if she had the ability, which imo she doesn't. She would have to care for male patients and be defrauded big time. Can you imagine Jill tending to certain parts of the male anatomy? She'd have a breakdown the first day.

My family cringed when I said I wanted to be a nurse. My uncles were war veterans and nurses on the battlefield had a tough reputation.

Despite their objections  I went  ahead, had a great career, made lifelong friends, and never for a minute regretted my decision.

Yep. It’s impossible to get through nursing school, much less a nursing career, without seeing quite a bit of penis. There’s no way JB would let any of his girls into such a hotbed of iniquity. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Yep. It’s impossible to get through nursing school, much less a nursing career, without seeing quite a bit of penis. There’s no way JB would let any of his girls into such a hotbed of iniquity. 

I don't think JB would get that far into the list of reasons. Jill would never have gone to nursing school because:

1. She's meant to be a help-meet. There is no reason for her to have a career.

2. She's meant to have babies and to home-school her children. There aren't enough hours in the day to care for a home and family, and to home-school children, and to have a full-time career.

3. There's no reason to go to college. She'd meet heathens, and have opportunities to talk to people outside of the Gothard universe. She could easily bring tainted ideas into the TTH.

4. She'd have to get education beyond college. The idea of college is preposterous enough; there is no way JB would pay for advanced training.

5. Even if she were male, working in a hospital would take her outside of JB's umbrella of authority. She wouldn't be working for herself, and she would be under the authority of someone outside of Gothard.

6. She would meet people. There would be patients, and their families and friends. Many of these people would be non-Gothard, and some might even be non-Christian. Aside from poisoning Jill, the poison could be transmitted within the TTH.

7. She would be expected to wear non-Gothard approved clothing. I don't know if nurses wear uniforms anymore, but I do know nurses who wear scrubs (pants!) to work. Even in the 1950s, nurses uniforms were above the knee!

8. She might see a naked man.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I make my own yogurt and I am the only eater in my house. I make a half gallon for just me. It lasts a very long time. Maybe 6 weeks til I finish it off. 

I also make my own yogurt, and have for 14 years.  I eat at least 2 cups per day.  I make a quart at a time, every other day or two. I use low-fat milk, though.

• Love 4

btw, no way would jill have been smart enough to make it through. Maybe in an alternate universe where she went to real school, but not with her SOTDRT education, sadly. 

Yeah, admission to nursing school generally requires a near 4.0 nowadays. Even people with straight A's are turned down due to lack of space and so many qualified candidates. That's just the prereqs - to say nothing of making it though, then making it though the first year, where you REALLY learn how to nurse. Giving medication is just like modifying a recipe - you have to give 100mg of a drug, but only have 20mg tablets. How many do you give? Jill? Hello? Your patient is dying. How many do you give?

In some parallel universe Jill would be and educated successful nurse, making her own money. Maybe married to someone she went out with for a couple years first. They're planning on doing an SBC backed mission to Nepal for 3 years, then having a child when they return to the states. Her husband has been saving his income from working, and they're going to rent out their house while they're abroad. Jill doesn't Instagram because she is too busy reading novels. Such a happy time for them, with a bright future ahead. Damn you Jim Bob, Michelle, and gothard.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sassy has a better chance of being a scientist than Izzy and Sammy. Btw, should it be I will be proud if either of my sons grew up to be a scientist. I admit I have butchered the English language on here, but the way he said it does not seem right to me.

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Portia that wasn't the sentence in question. It was the following one, in which he used a singular form "life" when talking about both sons. "Lives" should have been used in that case. Maybe he edited the post? 

Hm, well I was focusing on the first part of @bigskygirl's question above, in which she appears to ask whether Dreck's "I’d be very proud" should be changed to "I will be proud." 

Clearly there's a lot to parse when that doofus opens his virtual mouth-hole!

• Love 2

Didn't Oprah offer to send Jill and Jana to nursing school when they were in their late teens?  I know Boob turned her offer down but I'd be interested in the details if anyone remembers.

• Love 3

I thought the Duggars never filmed the episode. Oprah’s staff were made aware of the allegations of molestation. The Duggars were already in Chicago but were sent home. Unless Oprah made the offer publicly.  I’m sure many others here recall the events more accurately.

• Love 3

I saw some comments upthread commenting about Izzy being in a high chair and using a sippy cup at 3.  I was just at Easter dinner with two kids who are about to be 3, and they were both in high chairs and using sippy cups.  They both are good kids and speak/interact just fine for their age.   That being said, I've also seen both kids not use sippy cups and sit on chairs.  Kids at 3 sometimes toss cups when they get excited, so I don't think it is ridiculous, especially if you are out or at a party, to want your kid to keep everything contained in a sippy cup.  Ditto for the high chair- sometimes you want to keep them contained.

I have a kid who is almost two, and I would not be concerned about giving him a sippy cup at 3 at all.  He already can drink from a regular cup and with a straw, but sippy cups are my go-to for travel and restaurants.  I have no problem snacking on Jill, but the kid just turned 3.  He isn't 7.   Some kids are still using the binkie at 3!!!

• Love 8
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

7. She would be expected to wear non-Gothard approved clothing. I don't know if nurses wear uniforms anymore, but I do know nurses who wear scrubs (pants!) to work. Even in the 1950s, nurses uniforms were above the knee!

8. She might see a naked man.

I joke that the best thing about nursing is that I get to wear pajamas to work.  Love my scrubs!  However I have seen a few nurses turning back to wearing skirts with their scrubs.  One in particular was pretty fundy and she told me that the skirts were hard to find and were expensive.  Hers were actually ankle length.   She also used every bit of her vacation time on medical missions and did some amazing work in Haiti and in West Africa.

We also have a nun who works in our hospital and she obviously wears a skirt with her habit.   

As a hospital nurse, it is a rare day that I don’t at least see a penis.  Most days I have to touch them too.  Jill would be horrified. 

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

On my rare generous days, I can almost feel sorry for these people. The Duggar kids were raised to believe to their core that all they had to do was be them and sunshine would radiate from their rectums and all the riches of the world would rain down on upon them because Jesus and leghumpers.

They don’t have a clue how to work, let alone work hard.

They don’t have a clue what consistent effort toward any goal would involve.

They are essentially helpless to function as adults in any real world context.

All they know is to keep putting their holy wonderfulness (and disgusting recipes)out there...but that’s slowly eroding as a viable way to stay fed, let alone live the lifestyle they’re used to.

In short, they’re pretty fucked. 

Truer words were never spoken. Since these blessed married couples don't work, their children will not learn responsibility from them, and it will be worse for future generations. The manna from heaven aka JB's millions, isn't going to last that long, and when these kids have to get out and get jobs they will be clueless. 

I feel sorry for the Duggar kids and grands as well. When JB and Michelle chose the Gothard method, they doomed their children and all future generations into lives of mediocrity, fear and eventually poverty. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I feel sorry for the Duggar kids and grands as well. When JB and Michelle chose the Gothard method, they doomed their children and all future generations into lives of mediocrity, fear and eventually poverty. 

Most parents want better for their children than they had...better education, better jobs, etc.  My mom always said for me to never be a secretary.  She was one and while it's an honorable job, she hated feeling like that's all she could be*.  The Duggars, on the other hand, seem to want to dumb down each generation more and more.

*I think it's because this type of job was/is primarily held by women and considered menial work but we all know they work harder than most other jobs.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Now I hope Derick realizes that the Flintstones is not a documentary.  That Fred and his dinosaur did not really work together at the quarry. And the earth is more than 6,000 years old.

If I recall correctly, man and dinosaurs lived at the same time in the Creation Museums.  Isn't this Fundie science fact?  Heaven help these boys if they learn "science" from Silly Jilly at the SODRT.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Didn't Oprah offer to send Jill and Jana to nursing school when they were in their late teens?  I know Boob turned her offer down but I'd be interested in the details if anyone remembers.

I think the version I remember was that the show never aired because of the molestations, and either oprah / the duggars / someone said that the reason was that she offered the older girls nursing scholarships and they turned them down. 

I have always felt that the fact that the duggars were complicit in this rumor speaks volumes about them. Even if it wasn't their idea, and someone else put it out there, they never publicly said it wasn't true. If people were saying that about me, I would set the record straight! I doubt the general public would have thought, "well, if it wasn't that, it was a molestation." The fact that they accepted this lie as the lesser of two evils makes me side eye them, hard. Apparently they are perfectly okay with people seeing them this way!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, cdp73 said:

Most parents want better for their children than they had...better education, better jobs, etc.  My mom always said for me to never be a secretary.  She was one and while it's an honorable job, she hated feeling like that's all she could be*.  The Duggars, on the other hand, seem to want to dumb down each generation more and more.

*I think it's because this type of job was/is primarily held by women and considered menial work but we all know they work harder than most other jobs.

Yes indeed. I was a secretary in my former life in the way back days you speak of.  Pity the duggars have no promise of a sustainable future

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bewitched said:

I joke that the best thing about nursing is that I get to wear pajamas to work.  Love my scrubs!  However I have seen a few nurses turning back to wearing skirts with their scrubs.  One in particular was pretty fundy and she told me that the skirts were hard to find and were expensive.  Hers were actually ankle length.   She also used every bit of her vacation time on medical missions and did some amazing work in Haiti and in West Africa.

We also have a nun who works in our hospital and she obviously wears a skirt with her habit.   

As a hospital nurse, it is a rare day that I don’t at least see a penis.  Most days I have to touch them too.  Jill would be horrified. 

I work in a reproductive health clinic. I’m not sure there is an adjective to describe how Jill would feel if she worked my job on an average day.

• Love 15
On 4/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

1,000 likes for this. WHY is he incapable of a straight answer? It's more than evident to even the casual viewer/follower that the Duggars have no use or respect for higher education and would most likely severely try to dissuade any child who showed interest in it. Every response he gives is just another attempt to deflect the question.

I agree, this is yet another example of Derick shading his answer so he/Duggars don't look out of the mainstream. Sure, they were educated at the dining room table, but many of us, based on what we've observed from the show and their social media, doubt the efficacy of what they've learned. Derick's got more of a leg to stand on since he went to college, but I don't think he can defend his wife's family in any credible way. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 5
On 4/10/2018 at 5:15 AM, JoanArc said:

Yeah, admission to nursing school generally requires a near 4.0 nowadays. Even people with straight A's are turned down due to lack of space and so many qualified candidates. That's just the prereqs - to say nothing of making it though, then making it though the first year, where you REALLY learn how to nurse. Giving medication is just like modifying a recipe - you have to give 100mg of a drug, but only have 20mg tablets. How many do you give? Jill? Hello? Your patient is dying. How many do you give?

In some parallel universe Jill would be and educated successful nurse, making her own money. Maybe married to someone she went out with for a couple years first. They're planning on doing an SBC backed mission to Nepal for 3 years, then having a child when they return to the states. Her husband has been saving his income from working, and they're going to rent out their house while they're abroad. Jill doesn't Instagram because she is too busy reading novels. Such a happy time for them, with a bright future ahead. Damn you Jim Bob, Michelle, and gothard.

Now that you put it that way they would have a hard time with the chemical side of hairdressing as well.  Sometimes you need 30 volume peroxide but only have 40 and 20.  Wonder if these rubes could figure out how to get 30 from that?  Or you want to have level 6 hair color but only have a 5 and 7.  I KNOW it sounds easy for many but these people had problems with rice.  Rice FFS.  

• Love 19
On 4/6/2018 at 1:41 PM, Temperance said:

Wait since when is their favorite movie The Sound of Music? It's all about Catholics. 

Shhh...yeah, it is....but it's also about a strict, widower father who needs a new helpmeet to care for his brood of several children. He gets a governess/tutor, but figures out a way to get her to raise the children without having to pay her (since women shouldn't be working outside of the home anyway and why pay women for their labor?).  He marries her!  He no longer has to pay her because now she's his helpmeet! Also, they sing a song about their "wicked childhoods" and we all know the Duggar kids realize somewhere between ages 4-9 that they're wicked sinners and have to give their lives to Jesus. 

It has the wrong brand of Christianity & kissing before marriage, but it also reinforces the idea of women as helpmeets and a family with several kids (and dad who apparently doesn't currently work but can't be bothered to do the childcare/educating himself because he's a dude) . Plus, there's also the subplot with Liesel and her secret boyfriend Kurt.  See what happens when you don't let dad pick your suitors? The suitor you pick yourslef may end up being a Nazi who tries to turn in your entire family.  Best to stay under Captain von JimBob's umbrella of protection, girls!  And don't be a childless, independent floozie like the baroness or you'll end up losing the guy you're chasing to the chaster (is that a word? more chaste?) woman who is all into caring for the kids. 

(Christopher Plummer is so damn hot in that movie.  As a girl, I was simultaneously scared of how strict/mean he was, yet I also felt desires that couldn't righteously be fulfilled.  He was such a beautiful man. I always found myself rooting for the glamorous duchess even though I knew how it ended & I'd have sent all those kids to boarding school like she said. Ha.)

On 4/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mollie said:

They use mama and papa because it makes them appear to be Spanish speakers.

Except that in Spanish, mama and papa (sans accents) don't mean what they think they mean.

Papá is dad. Mamá is mom. The accents are important for the written language. Here's why:

In Spanish, papa (sans accent) is either potato (la papa) or Pope (El Papa) and mama (sans accent) is breast/mammary.  

But Jill and Derick both "studied" Spanish/took Spanish lessons, so.....   (And yes, mama is used for mom in English and papa for dad in lots of languages, just pointing out that in written Spanish, those accents make a difference....although I'm cool with thinking Derick is good at being a potato vs. being good at being a dad or any kind of adult human.)

On 4/6/2018 at 6:33 PM, SMama said:

I like how Mr. Byrum didn’t bother to look up for the group picture. He was seriously wondering what in the hell was on his plate. It looks like they celebrated separately. Strange since there’s plenty of room at the TTH for the Dillard side. Was Derick at the TTH celebration? Confused.

I assume Derick isn't welcome at the TTH or doesn't want to go there (who would? But it is his son's party, so he should if he's welcome).  

As for his stepdad, I feel like he's there rolling his eyes, mentally judging, and trying not to be very publicly associated with these people so he can keep the peace in his home life. 

On 4/7/2018 at 11:42 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder why they had two separate parties.  Is there some reason Derrick's family couldn't attend the gathering at the TTH? 

It just seems a bit strange they had this sad little party at the cramped apartment with the Dillards and then this other, seemingly much bigger and nicer party, at the Duggar house. Is Cathy on the outs with Jim Bob and  Michelle or something?

I know a few cancer survivors who have been told to avoid places with LOTS of kids if they can because of the likelihood of picking up an illness since kids are such germ incubators & may not cover their mouths when coughing, etc.  I could see a kid's birthday party with several small kids at the TTH  being an off-limits place for a relatively recent cancer survivor. 

Or maybe Cathy is crazy, but she's not quite crazy enough to put herself through the ruckus that a birthday party at the TTH would be (or to spend any extended period of time around JimBob & Michelle)? Maybe she has gone "crazy fundie," but she's still not crazy enough to subject herself to the Duggars & several small kids all at once for a couple of hours or more? (A birthday party full of several, young, loud kids with worthless/inattentive parents at the Duggar home sounds like a nightmare to me.  I'm getting some sensory overload just thinking about it .)  Maybe her husband comes up with some really good excuse why he can't come and she needs to do whatever it is with him to get out of it.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Now that you put it that way they would have a hard time with the chemical side of hairdressing as well.  Sometimes you need 30 volume peroxide but only have 40 and 20.  Wonder if these rubes could figure out how to get 30 from that?  Or you want to have level 6 hair color but only have a 5 and 7.  I KNOW it sounds easy for many but these people had problems with rice.  Rice FFS.  

I have to cut Jill a little slack.  I used to work as a pharmacy technician and compounded prescriptions, I can cook and bake many things but I cannot cook rice. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have to cut Jill a little slack.  I used to work as a pharmacy technician and compounded prescriptions, I can cook and bake many things but I cannot cook rice. 

It wasn't about cooking the rice, the problem was proportion. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Shhh...yeah, it is....but it's also about a strict, widower father who needs a new helpmeet to care for his brood of several children. He gets a governess/tutor, but figures out a way to get her to raise the children without having to pay her (since women shouldn't be working outside of the home anyway and why pay women for their labor?).  He marries her!  He no longer has to pay her because now she's his helpmeet! Also, they sing a song about their "wicked childhoods" and we all know the Duggar kids realize somewhere between ages 4-9 that they're wicked sinners and have to give their lives to Jesus. 

It has the wrong brand of Christianity & kissing before marriage, but it also reinforces the idea of women as helpmeets and a family with several kids (and dad who apparently doesn't currently work but can't be bothered to do the childcare/educating himself because he's a dude) . Plus, there's also the subplot with Liesel and her secret boyfriend Kurt.  See what happens when you don't let dad pick your suitors? The suitor you pick yourslef may end up being a Nazi who tries to turn in your entire family.  Best to stay under Captain von JimBob's umbrella of protection, girls!  And don't be a childless, independent floozie like the baroness or you'll end up losing the guy you're chasing to the chaster (is that a word? more chaste?) woman who is all into caring for the kids. 

(Christopher Plummer is so damn hot in that movie.  As a girl, I was simultaneously scared of how strict/mean he was, yet I also felt desires that couldn't righteously be fulfilled.  He was such a beautiful man. I always found myself rooting for the glamorous duchess even though I knew how it ended & I'd have sent all those kids to boarding school like she said. Ha.)

Except that in Spanish, mama and papa (sans accents) don't mean what they think they mean.

Papá is dad. Mamá is mom. The accents are important for the written language. Here's why:

In Spanish, papa (sans accent) is either potato (la papa) or Pope (El Papa) and mama (sans accent) is breast/mammary.  

But Jill and Derick both "studied" Spanish/took Spanish lessons, so.....   (And yes, mama is used for mom in English and papa for dad in lots of languages, just pointing out that in written Spanish, those accents make a difference....although I'm cool with thinking Derick is good at being a potato vs. being good at being a dad or any kind of adult human.)

I assume Derick isn't welcome at the TTH or doesn't want to go there (who would? But it is his son's party, so he should if he's welcome).  

As for his stepdad, I feel like he's there rolling his eyes, mentally judging, and trying not to be very publicly associated with these people so he can keep the peace in his home life. 

I know a few cancer survivors who have been told to avoid places with LOTS of kids if they can because of the likelihood of picking up an illness since kids are such germ incubators & may not cover their mouths when coughing, etc.  I could see a kid's birthday party with several small kids at the TTH  being an off-limits place for a relatively recent cancer survivor. 

Or maybe Cathy is crazy, but she's not quite crazy enough to put herself through the ruckus that a birthday party at the TTH would be (or to spend any extended period of time around JimBob & Michelle)? Maybe she has gone "crazy fundie," but she's still not crazy enough to subject herself to the Duggars & several small kids all at once for a couple of hours or more? (A birthday party full of several, young, loud kids with worthless/inattentive parents at the Duggar home sounds like a nightmare to me.  I'm getting some sensory overload just thinking about it .)  Maybe her husband comes up with some really good excuse why he can't come and she needs to do whatever it is with him to get out of it.

Hahahahaha I absolutely love everything you said about the sound of music!!!! Also, a few more duggar approved things: they manage to dress in a way that meets the duggar dress code. Even the liberal baroness does, except for her spaghetti strapped dress in the ballroom scene! They also sing wholesome songs without beats. Besides that, Maria is trying to figure out God's plan for her life, and of course it happens to be the "traditional" one, just like it was for Jill when she was considering nursing school!

ditto about Christopher Plummer. Sooooo. Insanely. Hot!

i always feel bad for the baroness, too, even though I don't like what she said about boarding school, lol. Just when she thinks she has it nailed down with the captain, this young, inexperienced girl is suddenly in the picture that he literally knew for ONE DAY before he left town. One day!!! And yet that was enough time to fall madly in love with her. Of course, the captain should have resisted the baroness in the first place, because she was obviously not motherly, and that seems important to him. but now things are serious and he wants to throw that away for someone he barely knows! OOOOOH! Another duggar approved thing! The captain dumped his longtime girlfriend to marry someone he just met! No long courtship where they would have run the chance of being impure. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think you just explained their hair, too!

But honestly, anyone could do nursing math with a couple days of moderate effort and practice. So she'd never do it. I did need to take a statistics class as a nursing school prerequisite, which had a basic math class as a prerequisite for that. Jill really has no hope.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I think you just explained their hair, too!

But honestly, anyone could do nursing math with a couple days of moderate effort and practice. So she'd never do it. I did need to take a statistics class as a nursing school prerequisite, which had a basic math class as a prerequisite for that. Jill really has no hope.

I couldn't do nursing math at all. No amount of practice could help me, because I suck at math. Always have. But then I never had any intention of going into the medical field, in any way.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, beckie said:

I couldn't do nursing math at all. No amount of practice could help me, because I suck at math. Always have. But then I never had any intention of going into the medical field, in any way.

But your also aware that you suck at math. If you were Jill you would think you were great at math. The best at math despite all evidence to the contrary. You'd insist you were the best mathematician, you'd insist on doing everyone else's math for them and have math things. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

But your also aware that you suck at math. If you were Jill you would think you were great at math. The best at math despite all evidence to the contrary. You'd insist you were the best mathematician, you'd insist on doing everyone else's math for them and have math things. 

Certified Professional Mathametologist *Holds protractor up to forehead*

"My wife is smarter than a computer!" -Derick

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The Dillards now have ads on their site, and Jill has sponsored tweets on Twitter. The money has to come from somewhere, I guess.

Ugh. I know plenty of people with sizable social media followings make a living this way, but it just grates to see Jill and Derelict doing it. I feel like people shouldn't be rewarded for being lazy grifters. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh. I know plenty of people with sizable social media followings make a living this way, but it just grates to see Jill and Derelict doing it. I feel like people shouldn't be rewarded for being lazy grifters. 

Yeah, the Bible has a lot to say about actually working for your food. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The Dillards now have ads on their site, and Jill has sponsored tweets on Twitter. The money has to come from somewhere, I guess.

Personally, I'd respect them if they had actual jobs and were decent parents, but, I'm not going to look down on them for playing the social media game. A lot of people are making a lot of money doing it and if it works for the Dullards, more power to them. What I am going to mock is the fact that neither of them has the work ethic, skills, or self-awareness required to make it work. They'be been posting pictures and writing blog posts on the Internet for years and it's all crap. The people making money from YouTube videos, blog posts, and tweets get better at it as time goes on. They take online photography and editing classes. They keep up with current trends. AND they have interesting lives to write about. These dimwits will fail at this just like they failed at being missionaries, midwifery, college, and TLC because they refuse to learn and grow. They're both stuck in some emotional vortex where they think they're perfect just the way they are and anyone who thinks otherwise is a jealous hater.

• Love 22
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, cdp73 said:

I think it's partly because they're religious fanatics who want to keep their children isolated from the outside world, but I also think it's because Jim Bob is an insecure control freak who couldn't stand the idea that any of his children might become more successful (earn more money, attain higher social status, etc.) than him. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think it's partly because they're religious fanatics who want to keep their children isolated from the outside world, but I also think it's because Jim Bob is an insecure control freak who couldn't stand the idea that any of his children might become more successful (earn more money, attain higher social status, etc.) than him. 

Exactly! It is much easier to isolate people who are uneducated because they are not going to question the status quo or shoot for a higher star. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Bingo. Yes, JB is a religious fanatic who wants to keep his kids isolated and for control but he also couldn't stand if any of his kids were better then him in anyway. Success, money, smarter, anything. He purposely picked son-in-laws who he could control and wouldn't be better then him.  I think he assumed he'd be able to that with Jeremy and was ticked when it didn't happen.  I think Michelle is the same way when it comes to the girls.          

• Love 4

I cracked up at this.

Of course Derick may have actually looked at the bio of the Twitter account! “Weekly podcast covering the famous fundies we love to hate”. It’s still funny the way it reads. Wisdom, wisdom of what? 

• Love 8

I think he assumed he'd be able to that with Jeremy and was ticked when it didn't happen. 

Yet. Derick took a while to implode, too. When the Duggar star finally fades, and JereME has to do it all on his own with a few kids in tow, we'll see if he comes crawling back to Jim Bob.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Yet. Derick took a while to implode, too. When the Duggar star finally fades, and JereME has to do it all on his own with a few kids in tow, we'll see if he comes crawling back to Jim Bob.

I don’t think so. By that time JB will have so many kids/grandkids to support in AK he won’t have the bandwidth to deal with the Vuluos even if he wanted to. If anything Jeremy would go back to HIS Dad and ask for help. 

Jeremy is the only one of the Duggar in laws to actually live on their own as an ADULT and keep the lights on. Jinger isn’t lazy and I don’t think they will have 500kids (at max 4 depending on how she feels about pregnancy and labor)- the cost of living is low in Texas, I think they will be fine. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think so. By that time JB will have so many kids/grandkids to support in AK he won’t have the bandwidth to deal with the Vuluos even if he wanted to. If anything Jeremy would go back to HIS Dad and ask for help. 

Jeremy is the only one of the Duggar in laws to actually live on their own as an ADULT and keep the lights on. Jinger isn’t lazy and I don’t think they will have 500kids (at max 4 depending on how she feels about pregnancy and labor)- the cost of living is low in Texas, I think they will be fine. 

Of all of the married Duggars, Jer & Jing would also probably be the first to consider outside schooling. 

• Love 14
On 4/9/2018 at 4:26 PM, Christina87 said:

And how on earth are they all so skinny?! Here I am trying to lose weight, eating super clean, and barely succeeding. The Dillard family must have amaaaaazing metabolism! However, as I was reading this, the saddest thought in the world occurred to me: I honestly bet this is the most complicated, "from scratch" food with the least amount of processed ingredients that jill has ever made! Sobering thought. 

At first I thought you were asking how the Duggar girls stay thin, and I was like: cuz there's not enough casserole to feed 22 people? And the boys likely get firsties?

• Love 7
On 4/11/2018 at 1:21 AM, mynextmistake said:

I work in a reproductive health clinic. I’m not sure there is an adjective to describe how Jill would feel if she worked my job on an average day.

Do you work in the US? I'm curious where you are, I thought our Congressional Fundie friends had managed to shut down most of these types of clinics! 

18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's a cross section of reality show people. Like 90% of them are allergic to work and are always looking for the next money making "scheme." See: Sister wives, Real Housewives of NJ, Jersey Shore, etc.  The RHONJ in particular drove me nuts.... all their freaking schemes were/are like one step away from Mafia style "earnings" lol.  Need money? Here's a novel idea; GET A FUCKING JOB.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What work has Jinger done?

She was a J-Slave and a buddy for most of her life. Out of the 4 oldest girls I think Jessa is the only one with any lazy tendencies. I don’t think Jinger is ambitious by any means but she will keep her home clean, make decent meals, run the household as a “helpmeet” if that’s what’s need for the well being of her family. 

Thats what I meant by “Jinger isn’t lazy.” 

• Love 15