Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Maybe Jill was in this wedding? The other bridesmaids have on silver shoes and dresses in different shades of blue. Jill is in the bridal suite with them and she is referring to the bride as her "bestie".

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill with the bride (and a few other pictures)

The bride is Rachel Goad.  She and Jill were in Venessa Giron's midwifery school together, which is where they met.  Rachel was a student midwife at Jill's botched homebirth with Israel.  When Venessa lost her license in Arkansas, she moved her midwife business to Tulsa and Rachel went to work in Austin as a midwife assistant. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

That died out decades ago. I've worn black to weddings. I went to one where the bridesmaids were in black. 

The bridesmaids in my own wedding wore black and carried vibrant colored flowers. I regret nothing and the pictures were gorgeous. 

A few months ago I went to a super fancy schmancy black tie wedding and almost all the women were in black evening gowns. 

• Love 15

Yeah, seeing what the other bridesmaids are wearing, I’m thinking she was in the party.  They are all wearing mismatched navy and similar heels.  

Which brings me to this mismatched bridal party dresses. Is this a thing now?  Or just the inability to get 22 bridesmaid dresses ordered and fitted in three months?

Which brings me to the Dynamic Duo bringing the baby. Why???  I understand that Jill may still be nursing but there ARE breast pumps and storage bags. MeChelle used them. And I’m sure Jana will know what to do with the milk. And I’m sure the baby has spent plenty of time at the TTH so he would be used to the commotion. And the people. 

I think having the baby there is more out of a badge of honor than a need to have him there. Everyone knows you have kids. Now show folks you have a healthy marriage outside of procreation. Or maybe that’s the issue...

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Which brings me to this mismatched bridal party dresses. Is this a thing now?  Or just the inability to get 22 bridesmaid dresses ordered and fitted in three months?

I can't speak for Fundies, but I know a woman who told her bridesmaids to wear a black knee-length dress of their choosing. Her rationale was a) they could work within their own budget and not spend $300 on a gown they'll never wear again and b) everyone could find something that worked for their body type. It eliminated a lot of hassle for both sides. 

• Love 16

They both look ok from the ankles up but their shoes are all wrong. Those heels are for a beauty pageant dress, she would have looked better in black pumps. Also, they are not Jill's style but I'm guessing Derrick bought them for her and was the one who painted her toenails bright red. Derrick's Aladdin shoes are just, ugh...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

I have to say I like this tend. Every bridesmaid can have a dress she feels comfortable in and express a bit of personality, rather than looking like a frilly clone army. 

I haven't been to a wedding where they did this. I like the idea, but I think it would work better with the bridesmaid in a certain style or length. For example every one in sleveless (still a few options) instead of some people with long sleeves and some with thin straps. On the other hand, it seems much better than the wedding I went to where the bride made her bridesmaids purchase the same ugly shoes. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Which brings me to the Dynamic Duo bringing the baby. Why???  I understand that Jill may still be nursing but there ARE breast pumps and storage bags. MeChelle used them. And I’m sure Jana will know what to do with the milk. And I’m sure the baby has spent plenty of time at the TTH so he would be used to the commotion. And the people. 

Actually, isn't Jana still in New Zealand? (There's a posting on freejinger about a Duggar appearance there on Jan. 26.) The Dillards must be heartbroken that their favorite slave, er, baby-sitter has been unavailable for so long.

That said, that doesn't explain why they couldn't have left him with Cathy.

• Love 2

I've been thinking about something Derick said in one of his Jazz posts. He called her show a "so-called reality show" which I took to mean that he questions the "reality" of Jazz's sexuality. It could, however, be his own bitterness about the "reality" of the 19 Kids show.

Early on in their relationship, Derick made a big point about not knowing much about the show, but I wonder if that's true. We now know that he's a huge liar and lies often about things that are of little importance.

It could be that he was looking for an "in" to this big, loving Christian family for a while. Jill and Derick said that they had met previously when Derick showed up at the TTH with a group of carolers, but that neither of them remember it. Jill may not remember it, but I bet Derick does. No one just shows up at the TTH at random. It's way out of town by the dump, and the property is fenced and gated. It seems unlikely that Derick just happened to contact JB as a "prayer partner." There are plenty of people who actually attend his church who would be available for the role, but once he was actually "in the missionary field" he had an in to contact JB for his "spiritual help."

He showed no objection to the preposterous "courting" rules. He was ready to go from Skyping to engagement in a matter of months. He showed no aversion to being filmed (an neither did his mother). Whatever he thought he was getting into, he was ready to jump in with both feet.

When they were first married, they both talked about wanting a large family. I think that Derick had a vision at that time of a large, warm, loving family gathered together in prayer. I think that whatever he saw at the TTH -- beyond the molestation scandal -- was a shock and a huge disappointment. The "reality" of the Duggars may well be very different from the "reality show" he wanted to join.

Edited by cmr2014
Clarify a sentence
  • Love 19
34 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I haven't been to a wedding where they did this. I like the idea, but I think it would work better with the bridesmaid in a certain style or length. For example every one in sleveless (still a few options) instead of some people with long sleeves and some with thin straps. On the other hand, it seems much better than the wedding I went to where the bride made her bridesmaids purchase the same ugly shoes. 

Many bridal stores carry multiple styles in the same fabric.  My sister was in a wedding where she was one of 4 bridesmaids.  The bride picked a dress color (deep purple) at David’s Bridal and my sister and the others all picked a dress in the style they preferred.  They had around 6 styles to choose from. The dresses themselves were under $100 apiece and they looked great, both separately and as a group.

• Love 18

If I showed Dillweed's shoes to Mr. Xword, I'm afraid he would like them.  When he was younger, he thought weird-looking shoes were just dandy.  When we met in the early 70's, he had red, white and blue tennis shoes.  Even now, with old feet that have to dress for comfort, he likes looking at shoes that are far out of the ordinary.  I jokingly refer to some of them as 'pimp shoes.'  I never wear shoes that draw attention to my big feet, but if I had, say, a size 8 or under foot, I might be more daring.

I like the idea of bridal attendants wearing the same fabric, but different styles that they choose themselves.  Jin's wedding, with the same style in various colors, was interesting, too.

• Love 7

In my wedding (in 2006), my bridesmaids all wore the same color (wine color) but different styles of dress. That's because they were all of different sizes and my maid of honor was Indian and pregnant, so she wore a wine-colored sari.  

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Also, they are not Jill's style but I'm guessing Derrick bought them for her and was the one who painted her toenails bright red.

Well, we do know Derick is into feet! Maybe shoes as well. Some dudes get all hot over the sight of a woman’s foot in a shoe.

I like the idea too. My sister was recently in a wedding where they all wore David's Bridal dresses in different styles, but they were all full-length and sleeveless in the same color and fabric. They looked fantastic in the pictures, and all the same from the waist down. I still think just telling everyone to go out and buy a certain color is too casual for my tastes, though!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't speak for Fundies, but I know a woman who told her bridesmaids to wear a black knee-length dress of their choosing. Her rationale was a) they could work within their own budget and not spend $300 on a gown they'll never wear again and b) everyone could find something that worked for their body type. It eliminated a lot of hassle for both sides. 

This is exactly what I did and why (except navy dresses). 

Unfortunately no one ever did this when I was a bridesmaid. Many misshapen messes went on to collect dust until I found a place to donate them. 

Edited by janey
To sound less cranky.
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Many bridal stores carry multiple styles in the same fabric.  My sister was in a wedding where she was one of 4 bridesmaids.  The bride picked a dress color (deep purple) at David’s Bridal and my sister and the others all picked a dress in the style they preferred.  They had around 6 styles to choose from. The dresses themselves were under $100 apiece and they looked great, both separately and as a group.

My youngest daughter did this. Her bridesmaids looked lovely together in dresses of the same color and fabric, but they wore styles that fit their highly disparate  body types. One of her closest friends is quite obese, and that young woman looked beautiful. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 9

I think it's really cool when a bride picks a color and just lets her bridesmaids pick a dress they are comfortable in. Not that a fundy wedding would ever have dresses that were revealing, but this probably made it easier for Jill to find something that was a) cheap and b) fit her modesty standards. I can't tell if her "nose ring" is there, though (I put it in quotations because I'm still not 100% convinced it's real).

I have been in multiple weddings, but never one where we got to pick our own dresses. My old bridesmaids dresses ended up in donation bins or in one case, a trash can in London. I have never, ever re-worn a single one.

• Love 14
On 28/01/2018 at 3:55 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Check out Jilly Muffin rocking out in heels! I can think that this is a first. And it also explains the plane's detour to Austin on it's way to Houston yesterday and its return trip back there about an hour ago. Plane is still in Austin as I type. At least a flight plan back to Springdale hasn't been filed yet. 

Platform heels!!

They look a bit too big. 

#ittuuklongenough?

Is that a muppet lamb in the stained glass window?

• Love 5

Groom's last name is Tuuk. I nosily went through the bride and groom's IG accounts, and they both used the stupid hashtag  sincethey were engaged last October. Ugh. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Some of the Bates' daughters dress like Jill here in that wedding party photo and no one complains about how those girls have 'changed'....why comment on SOME of the more fashionable Duggar married ones? (Jill recently and Jinger, post marriage).

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

How is this ranked? "Bestie" "Sweet Friend" and "Dear Friend." Highest to lowest, please ...

LOL. Honestly if there is a ranking system it would be as meaningless as the words themselves. I truly don't believe the Duggar 19 would know a true feeling if it hit them in the face. They are trained not to have negative feelings which in turn makes any positive feelings superficial. 

But for fun - #1 Bestie, #2 Dear Friend, #3 Sweet Friend, #4 Friend. 

• Love 12
On 1/28/2018 at 12:47 PM, latetotheparty said:

I have to say I like this tend. Every bridesmaid can have a dress she feels comfortable in and express a bit of personality, rather than looking like a frilly clone army. 

I wished this was a 'thing' when we got married.  In our families and circle of friends, 2002 was *the* year to get married, including us.  I was a bridesmaid in a February wedding, and we wore pantsuits.  Completely homemade pantsuits.  I had 5 or 6 sessions with the seamstress who crafted my *I'M WEARING A RED PANTSUIT* attire.  We looked like those wooden soldiers at Christmas.  I had my girls wear long royal blue gowns with silver shoes of their choosing.  And, I've never found a need for the red outfit.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

Someone commented on the wedding post criticizing the bride's bare shoulders and Jill's visible knees. She (I assume) remarked that Jill isn't the "same girl her parents raised, and it sucks." Ugh.

That's hilarious.  I would suggest in response, were I Jill/the bride, that maybe the poster in question should consider not going on the Internet anymore?  Because clearly, they themselves must be one of those fundie women who makes a la carte hair coverings out of napkins and wears them into non-Amish, non-Jewish congregations.    

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Steff said:

That same aunt was also an elementary school teacher.  All the cousins played school so much that our grandma bought us all the old fashion wooden desks & mounted a chalkboard in the extra bedroom.  At the end of each school year, my aunt would bring all the old workbooks, chalk, markers, supplies etc. for us to use.  We took our summers of playing school very seriously.  lol To convince the boy cousins to play we would have to let one of them be the principal.  That always worked because then one of us got to be the secretary & play with the old clacker typerwriter.  Seems like a shit ton of trouble IMO, but my grandma figured out how to have 7 grandkids occupied & having fun all summer. 

I would have lost my MIND if I'd had a setup like that when I was a kid! I did have access to one old school desk and very occasional paper donations from my dad's office, but I spent a lot of my allowance on supplies for playing school. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Portia said:

I did have access to one old school desk and very occasional paper donations from my dad's office, but I spent a lot of my allowance on supplies for playing school. 

My dad used to bring me the thermal ditto sheets and I’d make worksheets. He would print a few off at school for me. I also had a grade book and one of those things that determines your grade based on the number of questions correct. 

On topic: At 7 I was probably better prepared to teach at the SOTDRT than some of those fools. 

• Love 19

I was curious and consulted a calculator. She's exactly 9 weeks today, so yeah, that would put her due date on Labor Day. 

If I were her, I wouldn't have announced publicly so early. I lost one at 10 weeks and didn't announce the second pregnancy to anyone but the parents (around 10 weeks). I lost it just before 12 weeks. It's never a done deal in the first trimester. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was curious and consulted a calculator. She's exactly 9 weeks today, so yeah, that would put her due date on Labor Day. 

If I were her, I wouldn't have announced publicly so early. I lost one at 10 weeks and didn't announce the second pregnancy to anyone but the parents (around 10 weeks). I lost it just before 12 weeks. It's never a done deal in the first trimester. 

The Dullards and their type know it all, though. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Deena Dillard is knocked up. Due 9/3 per this post. 

I am concerned that Deena is capitalizing Random Words. I hope she Will not be Jill Rodrigues 2.0 in social media posts (smile!).

• Love 15
On 1/28/2018 at 5:06 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder if it will be like on a soap opera when a part is re-cast, and Michelle will make a raspy, baby voiced announcement saying "The roles of Jill and Derick Dillard are now being played by Joy and Austin Forsyth ..."

This must just kill Drek and Clinger. Kill.

Bring in an entirely new couple and see if anyone notices! 

• Love 8

Who said we were using ATI?? We’re going to do what gives our kids the best chance for success.

We're using IBLP, duh!

No way Jill tolerates ANYTHING resembling critical thinking or actual fact sin that house. hell, Derick wen to college and can't, or won't think critically. Their best chance at success would be to go to public school

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I am concerned that Deena is capitalizing Random Words. I hope she Will not be Jill Rodrigues 2.0 in social media posts (smile!).

If you look at the text in the Instagram app (instead of embedded into the forum), it’s a little more clear that she’s written a poem (heard/3rd, done/son) — the apparently random caps are the beginning of the lines, but the line breaks aren’t showing up here. I think Jill R. Is safe as the queen of random caps for now!

• Love 14